Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Congratulations on 700 pages of speculation :)

It's funny, you guys think hospital sex, and I'm thinking Amnesia! Felicity. LOL They have to delay the wedding somehow.

Do not mention the A word - I still have Lois and Clark-related nightmares!

(Still at least I doubt Felicity will be cloned so there's that)

• Love 3

I could totally be OK with an A-word storyline, can even now see the Oliver trying to recreate their meet cute again with Felicity and then getting her back on the team and all the shirtless Salmon laddering and Tyre bashing to keep her attention on him. Oliver's longing looks at Felicity & Thea and Diggle completely amused at Oliver's expense.

Then when Felicity remembers him...boom engagement back on and 100th episode wedding.

• Love 1

I DO NOT WANT Amnesia Storyline. I do not fully trust that these writers won't have Laurel renenter the romantic picture for Oliver. IE be there for him when he breaks down cause Felicity doesn't remember him

• Love 2

I could totally be OK with an A-word storyline, can even now see the Oliver trying to recreate their meet cute again with Felicity and then getting her back on the team and all the shirtless Salmon laddering and Tyre bashing to keep her attention on him. Oliver's longing looks at Felicity & Thea and Diggle completely amused at Oliver's expense.

Then when Felicity remembers him...boom engagement back on and 100th episode wedding.

The scenario could be fun but I don't see it happening on the show. 

Then again I don't think no wedding until next season, even with a proposal in the winter finale would be strange or need outside forces for the delay. I wouldn't even see it as delay.

I can see them maybe going with some wedding planning for the S4 finale [it adds to the "omg Felicity is in the grave!!11eleven!!!1!" fandom-wanking], and then ~something happens~ so that the wedding can be in ep 100.

• Love 2

I wonder if the hospital scene is 3x10 or 3x09. I had figured (assuming she is taken) that the episode would end with her still gone, but if the hospital scene is in 3x09 they could have her flatline before fading to black. Oldest trick in the book, but still used for reasons.

In real life, please do not have hospital sex. At least not in a hospital bed or bathroom, it makes for rather awkward moments when the staff has to interrupt it. Especially if you accidentally hit the wrong button or pull the emergency cord.

But on TV hospital sex, sign me up! Esp if it includes OQ ;)

I did my internship in 3 different hospitals and you would be surprised at how often it happens. 

• Love 1

Well, let's go all out. The limo gets rammed, people converge in the hospital, then dun dun DUN, it's just Oliver there who's been brought in unconscious. Felicity wasn't on site when the paramedics turned up. And the team has to draw straws on who will tell Oliver about Felicity when he comes to. [whispers creepily]Lauuu-reeel.

• Love 4

I was hoping the kid storyline was coming up early so we could just get it out of the way but that was wishful thinking on my part. Repercussions throughout the season though? UGH. No kids on Arrow. Baby Sara is enough and that's only because we barely see her.

And Oliver not having a relationship with his son will bring memories up for Felicity that will probably lead to her finding her dad.

I actually want Baby mama to meet Barry so that it keeps her on the table for the Grave scene death. I know I'm the only one but I want that death her. I want Oliver to have issues with his son witnessing his mom's murder and and the Grandparents to have custody and they blame Oliver for her death. Drama but not every week drama. 

And Oliver not having a relationship with his son will bring memories up for Felicity that will probably lead to her finding her dad.

I hope this is what they mean by "repercussions for the rest of the season", not that we're going to have to watch Oliver juggle fatherhood along with running for mayor and vigilante-ing.
  • Love 3

I hope this is what they mean by "repercussions for the rest of the season", not that we're going to have to watch Oliver juggle fatherhood along with running for mayor and vigilante-ing.

Yeah, I hope so too. I'd rather not see the kid very often (if at all), and just have Oliver mention visiting him or something. I still don't see the point of the kid if he's not canon Connor. Even if they had initially intended that and backed off because of whitewashing complaints, they could've just alluded to the woman actually having a miscarriage or something. I really hope they're not planning on bringing a kid onto the show with any kind of regularity.

• Love 5

At the moment I'm just hoping he tells Felicity and doesn't decide to keep it an OOC-secret. I'm pretty confident he will and I think this is going to set up something with Felicity's Dad, in addition to the Oliver has a secret kid storyline.

• Love 2

Oh come on! Don't we want to watch wacky hi-jinks with a crime-fighting child? I'm sure he'll sneak into the Arrow Cave and accidentally set off a smoke bomb or knock over equipment when he's suddenly discovered. We can either have the hyper curious, "Dad Dad Dad Dad, what's this do?" or the sullen, "You suck. You're not my father," stories. 

It'll be Emmy-worthy, I'm sure.

• Love 6

At the moment I'm just hoping he tells Felicity and doesn't decide to keep it an OOC-secret. I'm pretty confident he will and I think this is going to set up something with Felicity's Dad, in addition to the Oliver has a secret kid storyline.

Since the comment mentions the storyline being with Felicity, if it is about the kid (which it seems like it would be, since I think he meets the kid over on the Flash part of the crossover), then she must know, whether she finds out and tells Oliver, or whether he finds out and tells her.

Oh come on! Don't we want to watch wacky hi-jinks with a crime-fighting child? I'm sure he'll sneak into the Arrow Cave and accidentally set off a smoke bomb or knock over equipment when he's suddenly discovered. We can either have the hyper curious, "Dad Dad Dad Dad, what's this do?" or the sullen, "You suck. You're not my father," stories. 

A POX on your house!

• Love 2

In ep. 4X05 (leaked) there is a reference to skeletons in Oliver's past, scandals, so I think that's a hint that Oliver history to have a child will be brought to light, but Oliver must say that the girl lost his son (which he believed to be true), then the truth will come out

Edited by Morena
  • Love 1

https://twitter.com/lindazge

Linda Ge ‏@lindazge  1h1 hour ago
"Oliver will have an emotional and surprising storyline with Felicity in 408 that will have huge repercussions the rest of the season."

Linda Ge ‏@lindazge  1h1 hour ago
Got some great #ConstantineonArrow and crossover scoop from @MericlesHappen. Full interview to come, but how about a little preview?

Who's that tweet from?

• Love 1

Since the comment mentions the storyline being with Felicity, if it is about the kid (which it seems like it would be, since I think he meets the kid over on the Flash part of the crossover), then she must know, whether she finds out and tells Oliver, or whether he finds out and tells her.

I was a little concerned with the Billy Joel song for this episode (Code of Silence) and EBR's tease about secrets. But I was thinking the song may not refer to where Olicity is at and it could be that Oliver finds out on The Flash but doesn't tell Felicity until Arrow. That would build up a little suspense for them. Either way, it's pretty much a certainty that they get engaged in 4x09 and SA said they would be going strong in 4x09 so whatever happens it doesn't derail them.

Whatever happens in the mid season finale must be really big if Oliver and Felicity make it thru the kid and get to engagement by then.

I was a little concerned with the Billy Joel song for this episode (Code of Silence) and EBR's tease about secrets. But I was thinking the song may not refer to where Olicity is at and it could be that Oliver finds out on The Flash but doesn't tell Felicity until Arrow. That would build up a little suspense for them. Either way, it's pretty much a certainty that they get engaged in 4x09 and SA said they would be going strong in 4x09 so whatever happens it doesn't derail them.

I'm generally okay with people both IRL and in fiction waiting a few days to tell people huge things.  I think it's fine for a person to take a few days to come to terms with something huge before discussing it.  (That doesn't count if it puts lives at risk, LAUREL.  But for personal stuff, yeah.)    

• Love 2

I'm honestly not that concerned about it. They have pleasantly surprised me with how they have handled Olicity so far. I was worried they would have Felicity keep Ray a secret - they didn't. I was concerned they would ship-bait Oliver and Laurel in 4x05 - they didn't (people who ship them will have a different reading, but I found nothing in text besides FRIENDS).

• Love 4

SA said they would be going strong in 4x09 so whatever happens it doesn't derail them.

Was this in an interview or one of his FB videos?

I don't know how I feel about this Baby Mama drama. Not really looking forward to Laurel's involvement in this, and you know she will be in some way, since at the time they supposedly were in love forever and ever. Ugh

Maybe they will just not tell her like everything else?

I'm not sure why Laurel would be that much involved with it to be honest. Her and Oliver may have been together at the time but that was 8/9 years ago? I can see him telling her out of courtesy of their new friendship, but I don't see a reason for her to be involved beyond that.

• Love 3

I don't know how I feel about this Baby Mama drama. Not really looking forward to Laurel's involvement in this, and you know she will be in some way, since at the time they supposedly were in love forever and ever. Ugh

It certainly shouldn't reflect all that great on O/L's prospects as a couple since it proves just what a lying douchenozzle Oliver was during their previous relationship, but I don't expect that the writers will show any sort of follow through. If they were true to the show canon, Laurel would be more than a little angry about the Baby Mama secret. I say show that instead of glossing over it like the show is determined to do so that they can be superficial BFFs again.

• Love 2

Yeah, I don't expect her to be very involved either, I was thinking more of the pain of having to see her react to this brand new piece of information, haha.

If they were true to the show canon, Laurel would be more than a little angry about the Baby Mama secret.

This is what terrifies me!

Laurel's involvement is the one part I'm actually looking forward to. But with their newfound friendship or whatever, I'm afraid she'll probably be disappointingly okay with it.

What scenario did you have in mind, before the "friendship"?

Edited by looptab

What scenario di you have in mind, before the "friendship"?

I never really thought about a specific scenario, it's just that Laurel's reaction to this has always been the only thing I'm really curious about regarding this storyline, especially since KC has repeatedly refereed to Oliver as Laurel's soulmate. I guess I never expected her to react a certain way, but I'm wondering if she'll react at all now that TPTB have made an effort to have them make an effort now.

Edited by apinknightmare

I never really thought about a specific scenario, it's just that Laurel's reaction to this has always been the only thing I'm really curious about regarding this storyline, especially since KC has repeatedly refereed to Oliver as Laurel's soulmate. I guess I never expected her to react a certain way, but I'm wondering if she'll react at all now that TPTB have made an effort to have them make an effort now.

Oh, I see. The thing for me is, she SHOULD react. She should cut him to pieces. But I'm not up to watch that, haha. Dilemma :/

I mean...in some ways, I think she should, but mostly, I feel like it's been at least eight years. She was aware that he cheated on her repeatedly with many women, and she chose to take him back every time. If anything, I hope that learning this would make her truly realize that she'd romanticized their connection/relationship and that it was NEVER what either of them thought it was. It would be great if the writers used this as an explicit final nail in that coffin. And really? If he can let go of her bringing her sister back and putting innocent lives in danger for a week, then she can let go of something he did eight years ago that would have been no more significant than any of the other times he cheated, if not for a child he wasn't aware of.

• Love 11

Oh, I see. The thing for me is, she SHOULD react. She should cut him to pieces. But I'm not up to watch that, haha. Dilemma :/

I think he'll softly apologize for it and they'll hug it out. She did seem to be aware that he was cheating on her, so I guess a kid wouldn't make any of that worse?

Edited by apinknightmare

Now I don't even know which one of these I want less, ahah. Let Laurel be out of town that week. No reaction at all. No one should tell her!

Seriously, though, it's true that it's been almost ten years, and that she was the one who took him back time after time. So, it could go either way. I do like what @Carrie Ann suggests, the both of them and especially her acknowledging they were delusional, the final nail in the coffin.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2

Given how things go on this show, it will probably be yet another opportunity for Laurel to act hurt and self-righteous. It won't matter that she knew he was cheating or that Sara had warned her, it will only matter that Oliver hurt her and she can once again be the victim.

• Love 2