Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

If they try to fit Laurel into the Tommy Role of S1 the life-long friend, they could maybe justify not writing the character out completely, since as far back as S2 LL has no impact on Oliver's personal journey.

Can I vote to get Tommy back instead? Is there a Tim Gunn save on this show too?

• Love 6

I just posted a link to the couch scene in Spoilers Only thread. I really loved it. How both casual and intimate it is. It's just the two of them at home, quiet time, Oliver got them wine. How Felicity shifted to comforting mode, stroking up and down Oliver's arm, when he started talking about Tommy and his parents. These two just feel so right together. *sigh*

• Love 11

But that's consistent with how Arrow handles Laurel's storylines. The setup takes forever and she's shown to be this awful character (or, in the case of her BC arc, a laughable fighter), and then 1 ep for them to tie everything up and, voila! Here's a new lighter Laurel/BC. They emphasize the negatives and don't let the positives breathe or be an earned moment. So the audience's take away is pretty much negative. *RME*

So the hug between Oliver/Felicity apparently happens after the Vision Quest? I love the idea that his first move is to apparently hold on tight to her :)

Edited to add: I think Stephen may loosen up a bit more around KC now that she doesn't seem to be angling for the love interest role anymore. I think that may have been a source of tension, acting wise. One half was doing the moony eyes, and the other half was giving off "Get away" vibes.

Every time I think of how SA acting around LL/BC I literally here Wedding Crasher's be careful she's a stage 5 clinger warnings in my head. Don't give her any thing to grab onto. It's like a can hear the Frat Boy  brain waves oozing off of him, shut it down or you're never be able to kick her to the curb.

Oliver: "Well, Laurel. You were my girlfriend EIGHT YEARS AGO and I cheated on you repeatedly, and then I cheated on you some more with your sister, who then died on a sex cruise, and I disappeared for five years and came back and you were with Tommy. And then you weren't, and we had sex and TOMMY SAW IT. Wait, did I ever tell you that? Yup, Tommy saw us boinking. Sorry. And then he died and I ran away and I fell in love with Felicity AND THEN I started dating Sara and kinda forgot you existed for awhile there, until you started showing up at the lair and wouldn't go away and well, it's been like eighteen months of awkwardness. Why would I ever tell you anything? You're the Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, oh, look, I made a promo thing there, CW." *pats himself on the back*

HaHa - she is totally a Crazy ex-girlfriend. Don't watch the show, but it fits from the promos.

• Love 1

Can I vote to get Tommy back instead? Is there a Tim Gunn save on this show too?

Please and thank you! I would trade Tommy for Laurel any day and twice on Sunday

HaHa - she is totally a Crazy ex-girlfriend. Don't watch the show, but it fits from the promos.

Except it doesn't fit, because Crazy Ex-Girlfriend there is some IMO actual unresolved UST between Rebecca and Josh.  Neither have treated the other one the way Oliver and Laurel have been with each other.  And Rebecca is a mess but she's not mean. I think Laurel is mean. Sorry I'm a little defensive about Crazy Ex Girlfriend LOL

• Love 4

In terms of storytelling, it was good. Do I think it was the best this season...no. Sorry, there was far to much letting Laurel off the hook to make it enjoyable for me. Personal opinion.

In terms of the media liking it, I noticed that Matt Mitovich is using the word "last" to defend his opinion a whole awful lot on Twitter. "What's illogical is to not entertain this last attempt to address viewer gripes", "hear the show out this one last time", "looks like the show is taking one last stab"

What do you know Matty? What. Do . You. Know?

I am reading waaaaaay too much into this......

• Love 7

I just posted a link to the couch scene in Spoilers Only thread. I really loved it. How both casual and intimate it is. It's just the two of them at home, quiet time, Oliver got them wine. How Felicity shifted to comforting mode, stroking up and down Oliver's arm, when he started talking about Tommy and his parents. These two just feel so right together. *sigh*

That scene is so, SO great for all the reasons you list plus once again we see them function as a team and problem solving together. And Oliver actually uses a normal person's reasoning here. Of course you want a person you loved back if only for a bit, to hear their voice, or see their smile, or smell their hair. But it doesn't make some things right. In fact, why didn't Laurel dig Tommy up as well and go for a twofer on the pit deal? Malcolm was responsible for his death as well.

Silly note, but I thought he was getting them water.

tumblr_nx3liz2LOE1tgvbbto1_1280.gif

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 5

That scene is so, SO great for all the reasons you list plus once again we see them function as a team and problem solving together. And Oliver actually uses a normal person's reasoning here. Of course you want a person you loved back if only for a bit, to hear their voice, or see their smile, or smell their hair. But it doesn't make some things right. In fact, why didn't Laurel dig Tommy up as well and go for a twofer on the pit deal? Malcolm was responsible for his death as well.

Ooops! It IS water :) My mind turned it into red wine, LOL!

• Love 1

I haven't seen any. Here's a cap (sorry it's so huge, I have no idea how to resize it):

3aRmlTp.jpg

These 2 are going to be the death of me. With scenes like this I just have to go "Laurel who"? I mean at this point the writers are pairing her with anyone likable i.e. Thea, Diggle, Felicity, Olicity". Now its Oliver's turn to carry the weak link of the show. I'm hoping and praying to the "good writing gods" they have the strength to cut Laurel loose after this season. I think Laurel is beyond the point of redemption for those who are OVER her (me) and I really don't think the way they wrote her for Sara's arc is going to endear her to too many more of their viewers. I have seen some who are all "BC/GA suppose to be together because of the comics" start saying "well it doesn't have to be romantic just let them be friendly" and voila looky looky. 

Any who I'll continue to watch for the amazingly super Original Team Arrow, Olicity and the individual story lines for Diggle, Oliver, Felicity and even Curtis now. I have NEVER and will continue to NEVER be interested in anything Laurel related unless she is some how making the ultimate sacrifice for someone else on Team Arrow!

I haven't seen any. Here's a cap (sorry it's so huge, I have no idea how to resize it):

3aRmlTp.jpg

These 2 are going to be the death of me. With scenes like this I just have to go "Laurel who"? I mean at this point the writers are pairing her with anyone likable i.e. Thea, Diggle, Felicity, Olicity". Now its Oliver's turn to carry the weak link of the show. I'm hoping and praying to the "good writing gods" they have the strength to cut Laurel loose after this season. I think Laurel is beyond the point of redemption for those who are OVER her (me) and I really don't think the way they wrote her for Sara's arc is going to endear her to too many more of their viewers. I have seen some who are all "BC/GA suppose to be together because of the comics" start saying "well it doesn't have to be romantic just let them be friendly" and voila looky looky. 

Any who I'll continue to watch for the amazingly super Original Team Arrow, Olicity and the individual story lines for Diggle, Oliver, Felicity and even Curtis now. I have NEVER and will continue to NEVER be interested in anything Laurel related unless she is some how making the ultimate sacrifice for someone else on Team Arrow!

• Love 8

Please and thank you! I would trade Tommy for Laurel any day and twice on Sunday

Except it doesn't fit, because Crazy Ex-Girlfriend there is some IMO actual unresolved UST between Rebecca and Josh.  Neither have treated the other one the way Oliver and Laurel have been with each other.  And Rebecca is a mess but she's not mean. I think Laurel is mean. Sorry I'm a little defensive about Crazy Ex Girlfriend LOL

Cool, like I said I don't watch the show. Only really saw one promo. Glad the show is about more than 1 girls attempt to get back the guy. Part of it reminded me of Felicity all grown up, chasing down a feeeling about a guy. There is just too many shows on Monday & too much in my queue to pick up another show.

But the title Crazy Ex-Girlfriend fits LL perfectly. :)

And I would vote 2x every day to get Tommy back over LL. :)

Because Tommy is not dead!!! :)  And I'm off in my own little head canon again where Tommy is sipping Mai Tais on a beach far far far way from the crazy SC. Or at least he is on a mountaintop learning crazy ninja skills to come back & rid the show of MM in the final season. Shame he didn't settle in Ivy Town too.

Because Tommy is not dead!!! :)  And I'm off in my own little head canon again where Tommy is sipping Mai Tais on a beach far far far way from the crazy SC. Or at least he is on a mountaintop learning crazy ninja skills to come back & rid the show of MM in the final season. Shame he didn't settle in Ivy Town too.

Oh God, if only. I'm actually terrified of how possible the theory about him being resurrected long ago and being all empty assassin dude now sounds. That would be terrible for Tommy. I don't want that shit for him, even though it could be interesting.

From the couch scene --

4x05-olicity-couch-3.gif

Idiots. I'm all for the smooching and things in the next episode but this is so damn good.

• Love 1

Earlier, I already saw someone say that 4x06 might have leaked as well. I didn't really believe it but now I saw a link for it. Unfortunately I cannot download it because I don't have the software. Could that be possible or is it just 4x05 as well? 

That being said I am not sure if I should post the link here...Somehow that seems wrong, I just wanted to know because I thought maybe it is just me that has seen that link...

Earlier, I already saw someone say that 4x06 might have leaked as well. I didn't really believe it but now I saw a link for it. Unfortunately I cannot download it because I don't have the software. Could that be possible or is it just 4x05 as well? 

That being said I am not sure if I should post the link here...Somehow that seems wrong, I just wanted to know because I thought maybe it is just me that has seen that link...

If you could PM me the link, I'll look into it.

I haven't seen this couch scene live yet.... but just one passing thought that I need to air out....

It is sad and horrible to lose people we love, I do not deny that. But I hope they do not try to put RP's death on the same mantel as RQ, TM, YF, Shado, MQ & SL. All the other deaths that have motivate OQ & TA have happened in the line of duty, sacrifice or heroic deeds. RP blew himself up because he was careless & reckless. Yes, still a tragic accident. Yes, FS can still mourn him. But cmon show, don't try to equate a heroic death with an accidental death (and if I'm being harsh, death by stupidity). The only other death in the Arrowverse that was purely accidental was SL's first death, from which she has since had in the line of duty/heroic deaths.

Luckily, he's back, so that notion can be quickly dismissed if it ever crossed the writer's mind.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

gaaa! I really want to watch the episode but not a single person has uploaded a streamed version of it, and I can't find a way to stream torrent files on a mac without having to download any software or add any extensions.

I'm feeling very left out, especially after that hug & couch clips.

Edited by foreverevolving

I haven't seen this couch scene live yet.... but just one passing thought that I need to air out....

It is sad and horrible to lose people we love, I do not deny that. But I hope they do not try to put RP's death on the same mantel as RQ, TM, YF, Shado, MQ & SL. All the other deaths that have motivate OQ & TA have happened in the line of duty, sacrifice or heroic deeds. RP blew himself up because he was careless & reckless. Yes, still a tragic accident. Yes, FS can still mourn him. But cmon show, don't try to equate a heroic death with an accidental death (and if I'm being harsh, death by stupidity). The only other death in the Arrowverse that was purely accidental was SL's first death, from which she has since had in the line of duty/heroic deaths.

Luckily, he's back, so that notion can be quickly dismissed if it ever crossed the writer's mind.

Are you talking about this scene? Because literally all Felicity says about Ray is that she has a recording that he made for her right before he died and that she didn't want to listen to it and feel that grief again. Then she muses that apart from the side effects, isn't the LP kind of nice because you don't have to live through the pain of saying goodbye to someone? Then Oliver talks about his parents and Tommy, and how he'd do anything to have another minute with them, but the LP doesn't heal anyone's pain, it makes it worse.

And it seems like Felicity figures out Ray's alive in 4x06, so I don't think you have to worry about any of that.

• Love 3

It is sad and horrible to lose people we love, I do not deny that. But I hope they do not try to put RP's death on the same mantel as RQ, TM, YF, Shado, MQ & SL. All the other deaths that have motivate OQ & TA have happened in the line of duty, sacrifice or heroic deeds. RP blew himself up because he was careless & reckless. Yes, still a tragic accident. Yes, FS can still mourn him. But cmon show, don't try to equate a heroic death with an accidental death (and if I'm being harsh, death by stupidity). The only other death in the Arrowverse that was purely accidental was SL's first death, from which she has since had in the line of duty/heroic deaths

Doubtful they'll do any of this. The last line of the episode is Palmer's message saying he's alive.

• Love 2

gaaa! I really want to watch the episode but not a single person has uploaded a streamed version of it, and I can't find a way to stream torrent files on a mac without having to download any software or add any extensions.

I actually feel fine now with the couch scene. Some more gifs of the hugging would help as well but I think I'll manage to hold off.

I don't think it really leaked. 

Please elaborate lol!!!!!

Nothing too juicy. Just that KC has held on to pilot-idea Laurel for 3 seasons. Not straying away from the idea that her and Oliver are soul-mates and meant-to-be. SA has been just as vocal about that not being the case, and his words are supported by the actual show. This season KC seems to have accepted that wouldn't be the case. That change may have allowed their scenes to come across better.

This is just so a confusing and stressful day. :) And sorry for possibly confusing people even more, I just saw it and wanted to make sure. It was simply bugging me...

So, after 4x05, 4x06 will be Felicity's episode with not that much Laurel (I think, wasn't KC at NYFW during that shoot?), 4x07 sounds like it will finally be a Diggle episode and then come the crossovers... I wonder if CL is in many of the remaining episodes of the first half...

This is just so a confusing and stressful day. :) And sorry for possibly confusing people even more, I just saw it and wanted to make sure. It was simply bugging me...

So, after 4x05, 4x06 will be Felicity's episode with not that much Laurel (I think, wasn't KC at NYFW during that shoot?), 4x07 sounds like it will finally be a Diggle episode and then come the crossovers... I wonder if CL is in many of the remaining episodes of the first half...

She's in 4x06 going in the field with Laurel and Thea and in the crossover (4x08). I don't know where shes supposed to be in 4x07. Maybe in Central City visiting Dinah.

I sent you a PM

• Love 1

Well....we know KC was not filming for a good chunk of 406. She will have the scene were they go to rescue Ray and apparently Thea and Sara go all "must kill, blood good". Other than that, I am not sure she'll have much of a presence. Iirc, she was absent for a good 5 days or so.

ETA: let's hope they gave poor Sara an actual spa day after this whole damn ordeal. In my head, that's where she is when not onscreen. Getting a little mani/pedi, a massage, catching up on GoT.

Edited by Princess Vanellope
  • Love 2

I'm genuinely not worried about that, at all.  My issues with this have to do with Laurel being a horrible person and behaving horribly in the episode and Oliver being all "Bygones!" about it.  

Oh, and just in general the promise of more scenes of the two of them.  I don't know that I have ever liked any scenes with the two of them.  Maybe the one in 4.2 with her sliding down the line he shot (I get that the physics don't work but I thought it was a decent stunt).

I was more or less tongue-in-cheek, but the grave scene and the Felicity anvils are like a cloud over my enjoyment of S4-A, since I'm in no mood at all to play cat and mouse after S3. I feel that viewers like me, who didn't like S3, should be reassured and not teased, even with a 0,1% possibility.

The attempt to "reposition" Laurel in Oliver's  friendly orbit is independent of this, and annoys me more for the reasons you stated (I think the only scene between them that I liked was Laurel drunk and bitching at Verdant and Oliver looking at the end of his rope, LOL) and also because it makes no sense to me. And whereas the grave mystery should be solved with the fall finale, there are good chances that there will be more O/L scenes beyond that.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 5

Nothing too juicy. Just that KC has held on to pilot-idea Laurel for 3 seasons. Not straying away from the idea that her and Oliver are soul-mates and meant-to-be. SA has been just as vocal about that not being the case, and his words are supported by the actual show. This season KC seems to have accepted that wouldn't be the case. That change may have allowed their scenes to come across better.

Wasn't she still saying soulmates pretty recently, but that "sometimes you don't end up with your soulmate"?

• Love 2

I was more or less tongue-in-cheek, but the grave scene and the Felicity anvils are like a cloud over my enjoyment of S4-A, since I'm in no mood at all to play cat and mouse after S3. I feel that viewers like me, who didn't like S3, should be reassured and not teased, even with a 0,1% possibility.

The attempt to "reposition" Laurel in Oliver's friendly orbit is independent of this, and annoys me more for the reasons you stated (I think the only scene between them that I liked was Laurel drunk and bitching at Verdant and Oliver looking at the end of his rope, LOL) and also because it makes no sense to me. And whereas the grave mystery should be solved with the fall finale, there are good chances that there will be more O/L scenes beyond that.

I think honestly that is part of the reason they cut the dialogue they did in 401. First of all, clunky dialogue is clunky. Second, way to drop anvils. You guys do much good at job. Make super obvious who no die. Third, there are fans who are not interested in being toyed with. They may have seen that, thrown up their hands, and said screw it. Thus, no line. Thank goodness. Edited by Princess Vanellope
  • Love 1

Wasn't she still saying soulmates pretty recently, but that "sometimes you don't end up with your soulmate"?

I've fairly certain KC will always believe that Oliver and Laurel is the love story. I'm just happy that she seems to be acknowledging it's not something that is happening in show.

Edited by 10Eleven12

Okay. I found the torrent labeled 406, downloaded it for science, and it's fake.

Good to know I wasn't seeing things. Thanks for the effort!! 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 1

The attempt to "reposition" Laurel in Oliver's  friendly orbit is independent of this, and annoys me more for the reasons you stated (I think the only scene between them that I liked was Laurel drunk and bitching at Verdant and Oliver looking at the end of his rope, LOL) and also because it makes no sense to me. And whereas the grave mystery should be solved with the fall finale, there are good chances that there will be more O/L scenes beyond that.

Oh, I hated S3 with the fire of a thousand suns.  I quit watching after 9 and only came back for the finale (which I still contend sucked as an episode of television and was only okay because it meant the agony and idiocy was finally over).  S3 made me (1) lose all respect for Oliver; (2) nearly hate Oliver; (3) lose respect for Felicity for dating Ray the Cane Toad and apologizing to him and bragging about her sex life to colleagues; (4) lose some respect for Digg for telling Felicity not to date and for staying behind while Laurel went out; (5) loathe Ray more than I have ever loathed a television character; (6) think Thea is kind of an idiot; and (7) think Laurel is ridiculous.  There's more, I'm sure, but I had several months of S3 Arrow-rage insomnia.  It was awful.  So I agree with you that the flash-forward is totally douchey and playing with fire.  Plus I think Guggie would probably kill Felicity, just for PLOT and angst.  BUT, I think the network/studio/whoever else really matters would neg that so hard Guggie would be on the floor for days.

• Love 4

Okay. I found the torrent labeled 406, downloaded it for science, and it's fake.

I'm kinda glad it's fake...I can hold out for this week's episode to air...[trying to change my non US citizen TV junkie ways], but cannot hold out on a Mama Smoak episode and then there would be an extra long waiting for new stuff.

• Love 4

Everyone knows what my favorite scene was. #sorrynotsorry. 

ezgif.com-gif-maker%209_zps2k0z2mbl.gifezgif.com-gif-maker%2011_zpsrb8rdrru.gif

ezgif.com-gif-maker%2013_zpsmky1kkqo.gifezgif.com-gif-maker%2010_zpszk5gmwkq.gif

They are fictional characters, so I don't feel bad.

Does anyone else get annoyed with all the hair whipping around? I think they exaggerate the movement to hide the stunt double. Give it up guys. We all know she is there, let's clean up these scenes people.

• Love 2

From what I've seen it looks like Sara uses Laurel's weapon more effectively than she does. 

And this is surprising because...?  

(Snark not directed at you.  I am kind of surprised they've been playing her as so incompetent lately, though...thought she IS the Black Canary in all the ancient ways of badassery now?)

• Love 7

Does anyone else get annoyed with all the hair whipping around? I think they exaggerate the movement to hide the stunt double. Give it up guys. We all know she is there, let's clean up these scenes people.

If anything, they should choreograph them a bit differently, they seem to do a lot of simple things that they could just have Katie do. Even though you could see Buffys stunt double, they took the time to do plenty of close ups of SMG actually fighting.

And maybe because Thea has a bit of a death wish, but I was surprised that she put barely put up any fight against Sara when she first attacked.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 1

And this is surprising because...?  

(Snark not directed at you.  I am kind of surprised they've been playing her as so incompetent lately, though...thought she IS the Black Canary in all the ancient ways of badassery now?)

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I've been told that Laurel is the full fledged Black Canary now and needs no more training and Oliver considers her an equal (said in 4x05). Yet Sara was able to disarm her twice and use her weapon to beat up her and Oliver. 

People can argue that they were holding back, but Sara didn't even give them any time to hold back she went full attack on both of them without stopping. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I've been told that Laurel is the full fledged Black Canary now and needs no more training and Oliver considers her an equal (said in 4x05)  

Well, Oliver did get his butt whipped by tiny little Lonnie Machin, tiny little Thea (I know, he was holding back, but he still should have been able to restrain her), and tiny little Lady Cop.  He also got beat his first round with Double Down.  So yeah, they probably are equals now, in that they both suck at fighting.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 2

They for sure need to choreograph them differently. The fight scenes have been so weak this season. Obvious stunt doubles, delayed responses, clunky footing with telegraphed movements. 

They seem to have dumbed down everything. 

• Love 5