Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Popularity is too difficult to judge with what we have available. But I think there are a few things that are interesting. She isn't a selling point. I'm basing that off of comic-con, interviews and promotional material leading up to season 4. Those countdown photos (one month, two weeks, 4 days) featured every character but Laurel (some character more then once). Most interviews only gave her a line or two. She was an afterthought at comic con. More then once media referred to SA, EBR and DR as the show stars in write ups. Even Comic sites. At the Baltimore Comic Con, the video of the panel stays on KC the whole time. But the short clip of her responding to the Olicity question, that featured the camera moving from the asker to KC. That room looked 2/3s empty. The panel she did with DP at another con, also very empty. 

That tells me for whatever head way they made on Laurel, it translated more to apathy with the audience. 

Something occurred to when reading some Facebook responses. It used to be full of Laurel-Hate. Now some, even a lot at times, of it is directed at Felicity. But the difference between the situations is that the Laurel hate used to just sit there. There was very little push back against it, it was just kind of agreed upon. What is directed at Felicity, gets push back. Wether it be with likes or comments, it is not this overwhelming majority. If you can't be the most loved, be the most hated. Laurel was never the most loved and now you can argue she isn't even the most hated.

That's why I don't think she is safe from the grave. If you have a main character who everyone assumes is automatically safe because comics, but gets very little traction. Who do you kill for greatest shock value? 

• Love 10

I agree.Laurel isn't a popular character at all.It seems to me like people are more apathetic then anything.She also had her screen time reduced after season 1 and at this point she's mostly in fight scenes so she's easier to ignore then during her addiction arc so that helps with the hate.But the last thing a TV show wants is a character that gets so little buzz.

I think they thought if she became BC she would become more popular and it would solve all the problems they have with writting her into the show but IMO it didn't work.They tried promoting her more in the middle of season 3 especially but after her BC arc and during the hiatus she got next to no promotion.That tells me they know what sells and gets people excited and its not Laurel.I was really suprised at how little they promoted her especially during Comic Con and considering all they went through to make her BC in season 3.

I don't think she's going to be the one to die but being BC doesn't make hef safe from being written out at some point IMO.

• Love 2

I don't know guys. I mean, I totally get what you're saying. And part of me is annoyed by the arrogance of some who are so sure certain DC characters won't die. Killing off a comic book character is definitely a bold move and means no one is safe in future. Definitely keeps viewers alert.

But would they really do that after last season? Kill Sara so Laurel could become BC. Resurrect Sara a year later and then kill Laurel? I can't see it tbh. I'm sticking with Quentin.

Edited by Guest

I see people saying Laurel won't be killed off because of her comic status just as much as I see people say Felicity won't be killed off because of her love interest/popularity status. Either death would be a shocker, neither will happen I believe.

Popularity is too difficult to judge with what we have available. But I think there are a few things that are interesting. She isn't a selling point. I'm basing that off of comic-con, interviews and promotional material leading up to season 4. Those countdown photos (one month, two weeks, 4 days) featured every character but Laurel (some character more then once). Most interviews only gave her a line or two. She was an afterthought at comic con. More then once media referred to SA, EBR and DR as the show stars in write ups. Even Comic sites. At the Baltimore Comic Con, the video of the panel stays on KC the whole time. But the short clip of her responding to the Olicity question, that featured the camera moving from the asker to KC. That room looked 2/3s empty. The panel she did with DP at another con, also very empty. 

That tells me for whatever head way they made on Laurel, it translated more to apathy with the audience. 

Something occurred to when reading some Facebook responses. It used to be full of Laurel-Hate. Now some, even a lot at times, of it is directed at Felicity. But the difference between the situations is that the Laurel hate used to just sit there. There was very little push back against it, it was just kind of agreed upon. What is directed at Felicity, gets push back. Wether it be with likes or comments, it is not this overwhelming majority. If you can't be the most loved, be the most hated. Laurel was never the most loved and now you can argue she isn't even the most hated.

That's why I don't think she is safe from the grave. If you have a main character who everyone assumes is automatically safe because comics, but gets very little traction. Who do you kill for greatest shock value? 

So then who took her place as the most hated? Felicity? It isn't a surprise to me that she didn't get that much coverage, her storyline was to spoilerish to talk about and the writers have this weird obsession of having pairing all of her stories with Sara and Quentin. If they give her something new and exciting in 4b then things could totally change.   In the end, I see people who didn't, like her warm to her others haven't. We got the next 5 months to see what happens.

Edited by Primal Slayer

And LL is left with no family ties in Star City. With SL gone off to LOT spin-off, her mother in Central City i could see she how she could take off for a while. From a city where Tommy died, QL might die. Maybe to reunite with SL and their mother.

• Love 2

I don't know guys. I mean, I totally get what you're saying. And part of me is annoyed by the arrogance of some who are so sure certain DC characters won't die. Killing off a comic book character is definitely a bold move and means no one is safe in future. Definitely keeps viewers alert.

But would they really do that after last season? Kill Sara so Laurel could become BC. Resurrect Sara a year later and then kill Laurel? I can't see it tbh. I'm sticking with Quentin.

I'm 50/50 on which Lance it is, with the smart money on Quentin. I just don't don't think 'Black Canary' is an automatic safe. They did put a lot into the character last year but I don't think they got a full return. If the show runners feel they are at a loss for story for her (and frankly, that is what it feels like) I don't think the network would stop them from pulling the character.

The characters that are 100% safe are Oliver and Barry. They aren't touchable.

• Love 1

I'm 50/50 on which Lance it is, with the smart money on Quentin. I just don't don't think 'Black Canary' is an automatic safe. They did put a lot into the character last year but I don't think they got a full return. If the show runners feel they are at a loss for story for her (and frankly, that is what it feels like) I don't think the network would stop them from pulling the character.

It shouldn't be an automatic safe but I can't help but think that it is, especially so soon after making her BC. And tbh, they've been at a loss at how to write her for 3 seasons and they're still going so I don't see them changing that. But again, that's just IMO and probably the last I'll say about it! 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (I've become attached to this emoticon. Think I'll be using it a lot. Haha.)

I don't think the reason they haven't talked about Laurel's storyline is because of spoilers.We already knew about Sara coming back and that it will involve Malcolm and the LP.We got spoilers and set pics about Quentin having a lot of scenes with DD and many people guessed about them working together.I honestly think Laurel has no story line apart from Sara.Even if Quentin dies and I think he will that's the same old Laurel mourning someone and probably being angry storyline she always gets and I doubt it will get much focus if its happening for the third time in a row.It seems like Oliver will be the one seeking revenge on DD for whoever he kills so I don't see Laurel getting a big part in that either especially with Digg already having a reason to want revenge with HIVE himself.They didn't even give her time with Malcolm who killed Sara even after she was promising to get justice every other line in the first half of season 3. But we'll see,I guess.They could suprise us.

Felicity being safe because of her huge impact on Oliver and the show and all the fan support and buzz she has surrounding her is IMO a much stronger reason I really doubt they would ever kill her off then Laurel being BC and comic canon.They proved they are willing to throw away comic canon and kill off or write out characters from the comics.

• Love 2

Having no family ties might be the best thing for the character as it would force the writers to think outside the box. Plus they could have her leave Star City at the end of S4 and come back a "new" woman.

I mean KC did imply that her character will get training from other shows. She seemed to be particularly mentioning Sara. There has to be a reason why she would leave her job as a lawyer. I dont think she would just leave for a few training sessions with her sister. Though i am not sure why she would come back if Quentin is the reason she leaves.

We already know she will find out Quentin will betray her somehow. And she will go against his wishes to resurrect Sara. Its still not much on LL story.

Where did we hear this? The part about Quentin betraying her.  I might have missed something during the handful of days I tried to avoid new clips of the season opener. 

Edited by BkWurm1

From ET Onlines spoiler round up (it talks about betrayal from a family member):

7. Laurel’s family drama ramps up
This will be a big year for the Black Canary, who, at the start of the season, embraces her vigilante identity and proves a capable member of the team, as well as mentor to Thea. But with her sister Sara’s impending resurrection via the Lazarus Pit -- the core focus of episode three, titled “Restoration” -- Laurel has a lot on her plate. To make matters worse, she may have to deal with another unforeseen betrayal from a family member. “The overarching theme of the season is about chosen family versus blood family,” Mericle teases, “and she’s really going to be dealing with Sara coming back but also with the family on the team.”

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 2

They seem to like her more overall. Of course kicking ass helps but ive seen a lot of people who weren't in her corner during s2 rally to her more once season 3 started and saw her as one of the brighter spots of season 3.

s3 was bad for everyone, I guess people had to cling to whatever vestige of a life boat was available.

It helps that O & B were in person at the gravesite, so yeah unless people are going way out of the box those 2 are safe.

Another valid reason I thought it could be LL is since the DA got killed, if LL gets promoted to DA this year to give her something professional to do than she will have an additional target on her back. I would say that perhaps she would go rogue or slightly evil & work with DD, but her Dad stole that story arc. So yeah, I'm with you about 50/50 odds for the Lances this year - someone needs to honor the annual tradition of a Lance dying & I don't think they'd bring Dinah back just so OQ has a gravestone to stand at. I still think the Lances are not the only options though, although I would put them on the short list.

I blame being stuck in traffic on a rainy, cold, miserable day on my way to working a full weekend of night shifts on another holiday weekend for breaking my pledge to speculate on the mystery death candidates.

• Love 1

Laurel has a lot on her plate. To make matters worse, she may have to deal with another unforeseen betrayal from a family member. “The overarching theme of the season is about chosen family versus blood family,” Mericle teases, “and she’s really going to be dealing with Sara coming back but also with the family on the team.”

This is interesting. I suppose unless there is a secret relative we haven't met, then it's Sara, Quentin, or Dinah.  Quentin is the most logical giving what we know.  The line about exploring chosen family versus blood family is interesting.  Obviously the team is a kind of family (though I'd say Team not Arrow are more like second cousins) then we have Oliver and Felicity, and I wonder If they will present Thea and Laurel as sister-ish? 

That's one of  fanon things I've run into again and again, how close Thea and Laurel used to be.  I got more of the impression that Thea was the kid sister Laurel ignored most of the time and then briefly worked with.  But now they've been living together and working together and I already find their "sisterly" relationship more authentic than the one between Laurel and Sara. 

Shifting gears a bit, if they are exploring a blood vs chosen, does that mean that there will be a conflict where Oliver will have to chose between Thea and Felicity? 

-- [post-401] Per WM, Quentin's choice to work with DD will also inevitably affect Laurel. WM: "The overarching theme of the season is about chosen family versus blood family and she’s really going to be dealing with Sara coming back but also with her family on her team and also her dad when she discovers [him working with Damien], there are going to be ramifications for her and him as well.” (Variety, TVLine, Collider, EW, Hollywood Reporter and DocBrownTV articles, page 22 of Spoilers thread)

Remember, WM said that with Sara moving to LoT, Laurel will be getting more of the Arrow spotlight. After Sara leaves, Laurel will be dealing with the ramifications of Quentin's working with DD.  She's also going to be dealing with the challenges of working as an ADA during the day and fighting as a vigilante at night.

As kismet suggested, with the DA killed in 401, Laurel could become the new DA (yeah, forget realism - there's apparently no other ADA on staff).  Then that will give her a source of new stories.  Also, being the chief prosecutor of crimes (head law enforcer) in Star City will increase the hypocrisy of being a sometimes lawbreaking secret vigilante.

I don't want a third Canary - either keep Laurel the BC, or kill her off and make Sara the BC (again).

If Quentin is the one who dies, then Laurel should be the one lingering at the gravesite, not Oliver. 

I'm kind of divided on the 3rd AU Black Canary bit.. on the one hand I can't handle Buckles, on the other hand if they decide to use a different actress (cause well if you look at Flash the AU Flash looks nothing like Barry- although it is a different character, but they can bypass that by bringing is an AU younger Dinah Drake) who might have awesome chemistry with SA which will have them decide to break Olicity and pair them up "Because Comics!!".. 

Perhaps Quentin started working with DD in a misguided attempt to save his city? When he can't get out he attempts to take him down from the inside. We are supposed to get some Quentin/Diggle interaction. He could lose his life in the process. This could be why Oliver doesn't blame himself but takes responsibility for taking "him" down. (This assumes him is Darhk and not Malcolm who could also betray someone to further his own purposes.) Top law enforcement official is gone so somebody has to step up.

Regarding Felicity being the one to die. The only way I could see this happening is if EBR only signed a 3 year deal, which IIRC someone said is the CW standard. The EPs not knowing could be dependent upon contract negotiations. I don't think it's her but that is the only circumstance I can see it happening under. I still think it's Quentin as much because he appears to be involved with the main storyline. He had very little screen time in S3.

• Love 1

Regarding Felicity being the one to die. The only way I could see this happening is if EBR only signed a 3 year deal, which IIRC someone said is the CW standard. The EPs not knowing could be dependent upon contract negotiations. I don't think it's her but that is the only circumstance I can see it happening under. 

I mean, even EBR and her management would have to see that at the moment this is the best thing that could have happened to her and I don't think she is someone who wants an unreasonable amount of money. 

I think the writers would go there but I mean you'd have to be somewhat insane to think that it would be ok for the show to kill of either Felicity or Diggle. They are probably the most beloved characters and I don't think it would the show any good to have that kind of hole. Nobody can replace Felicity's position as the heart of the show. I don't think that killing her and trying to shove someone else into that position would work. And frankly I believe that not only shippers would be upset. I also believe people who read comics like Felicity and more so Diggle. Furthermore what are you gonna do with all the specific merchandise stuff? Bet the companies producing the figures and stuff would be really pleased after just adding those characters.

• Love 3

I don't see Felicity or Diggle going anywhere. However, I have read comments by comic fans elsewhere that since Mr. Terrific is both POC and a tech genius that the show should get rid of Felicity and Diggle because they didn't originate in the comics. (FS does but not this iteration.)

The only thing I think will happen for sure is that whoever dies will get to go out on a high note, so to speak, based on the EP's comments (elegant and earned IIRC).

Edited by Sunshine

I don't see Felicity or Diggle going anywhere. However, I have read comments by comic fans elsewhere that since Mr. Terrific is both POC and a tech genius that the show should get rid of Felicity and Diggle because they didn't originate in the comics. (FS does but not this iteration.)

I know you didn't say it, but that's probably the most offensive thing I've read today. Diggle's black, so all of his narrative role and purpose can be taken over by another black guy? I'm sure Mr. Terrific will be a wonderfully adept fighter, who takes the role of brother and mentor to Oliver, has history with the military as well ties to a villainous group. Because, you know, he's black. And all black guys are the same right?

• Love 18

Felicity has been moved into the lead female love interest role so they do need someone who can bring the light when they need Felicity the drama. They tried to do it with Ray last season and it didn't work. His presence didn't feel natural to the show...

The character Curtis's model after has a Master in Law and Political science. Plus he's a black belt in Martial arts. So yeah we can get rid of Laurel, Diggle and Felicity.

I personally think the show had decided that it needs it's own Cisco. And Curtis will be able to create tech devices. I think they tried that with Ray but his suit wasn't created by him. Won't be shocked if we find out it was created by Curtis

• Love 2

Perhaps Quentin started working with DD in a misguided attempt to save his city? 

I'm interested in how Q got involved with DD. Based on his 5 minutes and change of screen time, it doesn't seem like DD would misrepresent himself so I don't think Quentin originally thought he was a good guy. DD does seem like the type of guy who would say do what I say or I'll kill everyone you've ever met. It still makes everything Quentin said to Oliver assy since if Oliver hadn't been around the past 3 years, I can't imagine what state Starling City would be in. Probably like Gotham (sorry Bats!)

The only thing I think will happen for sure is that whoever dies will get to go out on a high note, so to speak, based on the EP's comments (elegant and earned IIRC).

I am skeptical of the "elegant and earned" comment because sometimes TIIC use words they think mean one thing but don't. I hope I'm wrong.

• Love 2

I still think that Elegant and earned was about them "killing" the Lazarus pit. But if not, they use words like that in the same breath that they are saying they don't know who the death is yet. So we can't base anything off it. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 2

Felicity has been moved into the lead female love interest role so they do need someone who can bring the light when they need Felicity the drama. They tried to do it with Ray last season and it didn't work. His presence didn't feel natural to the show...

The character Curtis's model after has a Master in Law and Political science. Plus he's a black belt in Martial arts. So yeah we can get rid of Laurel, Diggle and Felicity.

I personally think the show had decided that it needs it's own Cisco. And Curtis will be able to create tech devices. I think they tried that with Ray but his suit wasn't created by him. Won't be shocked if we find out it was created by Curtis

Which is why they shot themselves in the foot with focusing on RP's love life and not his tech genius. Unless it was experimental so they could see if they still needed a tech company on the show. Perhaps they were using s3 to determine if the show could eliminate QC/PT altogether, perhaps take TA rogue or independent. But last season proved in some way that OQ needed something to do outside of the foundry besides Arrowing. Verdant was a great cover in s1, but you need more collateral both money & tech wise if TA is going on nightly missions. You need hands-on access to a tech company.

However, OQ is not great at running the company, but FS could fill that role. Now that they are together, you don't need to forced weird daytime interactions be having them all work together. It was weird when OQ just dropped by to chat TA stuff with FS in 317. Friends don't just casually pull important people away from their jobs on a consistent basis without it looking odd or raising some red flags. But a bf/fiance/husband calling or dropping by the office is not weird. He is free to run for mayor and she is free to live her own professional life (& not just be his EA) so they have reason to interact.

Enter FS, CEO. Her working/running PT is the money & tech advantage required to make TA a success. Substitute out sloppy love triangle, bring in a LGBT tech genius and you have the best of many worlds. I don't think Echo will replace Dig as the POC. I hope the show is smart enough to start appreciating diversity, esp on their main cast/team. Plus now they have another societal diversity checkbox checked by having an actual LGBT character, that will hopefully be more than just who he sleeps with. I do agree that he will be the show's Cisco. FS is a genius but she is not a trained engineer. I'd start calling bullshit if all of the sudden she can just magically design all of this tech & weaponry without outside help. Her leading her company though is a great combination. She can have her ideas take fruition, but have actual engineers work out all the nitty-gritty logistics. She's a part of the process, but not the sole inventor/designer/producer.

I think I have now rationalized that most of s3 was all an experiment for the writers.They were trying different things and now that its out of their system they can go back to writing good characters and plots. S3 was like that haircut you get after a break-up that seems like a great idea at the time. Until you find yourself crying in front of mirror and realizing its gonna takes months for it to grow out.

• Love 7

kismet, I love the haircut line.(I got streaks after a break up -- took me 2 years to grow them out.)

As kismet suggested, with the DA killed in 401, Laurel could become the new DA (yeah, forget realism - there's apparently no other ADA on staff).  Then that will give her a source of new stories.  Also, being the chief prosecutor of crimes (head law enforcer) in Star City will increase the hypocrisy of being a sometimes lawbreaking secret vigilante.

Given the rate of DA's being killed off and ADA's kidnapped, I can see why people might be reluctant to take the job.  If you were a senior ADA 5 years from retirement, would you step up?

It would be a serious amount of hypocrisy and majorly cut into her time to be a vigilante.  But in season 4, I think I'm okay with Laurel becoming the DA while I would have hated it last year. It also brings with it a lot of potential for good conflict with Quentin working for DD.

• Love 3

I'll believe LL more as a DA than an in the field crime fighter.

Honestly I think the only reason they went for OQ as mayor was to make LL'S professional role relevant. They needed a reason to have connections to the DA office - which is why I think LL will become DA. Otherwise I feel like they might have sat a little longer on the mayor comic plotline.

He'll probably go back into private industry whenever LL becomes irrelevant to the story, which I think will be at the end of this season one way or the other. Not saying that they will get rid of BC or KC, but LL is not much longer for yhe the Arrow story.

• Love 2

Hypocrisy is what this show specializes in. And with Oliver potentially moving up to mayor, Felicity being a CEO, everyone has to move up into more powerful roles sadly.

This is a soap opera though, and on the CW. While they may not reached the heights of The Young and The Restless (19 year old CEO of a cosmetics company with a PhD in chemistry), if they keep killing off the old people (Robert, Moira, the mayors, the DAs), the youngsters are going to take their place.   (I think I saw this on an episode of Star Trek:TOS.)

• Love 2

I'll believe LL more as a DA than an in the field crime fighter.

Honestly I think the only reason they went for OQ as mayor was to make LL'S professional role relevant. They needed a reason to have connections to the DA office - which is why I think LL will become DA. Otherwise I feel like they might have sat a little longer on the mayor comic plotline.

He'll probably go back into private industry whenever LL becomes irrelevant to the story, which I think will be at the end of this season one way or the other. Not saying that they will get rid of BC or KC, but LL is not much longer for yhe the Arrow story.

I think he's running for mayor as a nod to the comics, to cement his newfound, voluntary fight for Starling City, and because Oliver needs a damn day job. He's 30 years old. It's sad.

Team Arrow could use Laurel's connection to the DA's office regardless, the writers just choose not to have them use it most of the time, for reasons I don't understand.

• Love 4

Echo Kellum has signed onto another show. While he's already said it won't interfere with this particular season, I can't see him being able to commit to being a replacement for Felicity or Diggle if he's committed to something else.
  • Love 2

Team Arrow could use Laurel's connection to the DA's office regardless, the writers just choose not to have them use it most of the time, for reasons I don't understand.

I'm still wondering if they're treating Laurel and Black Canary as two different characters in the writers room. Laurel is the character the evol internets hate, so she'll get less and less storylines, while Black Canary is OBVI a beloved comic book legacy, so she gets the screen time and story attention.

They've been avoiding letting Laurel be a lawyer since the start of S3. It's so weird.

• Love 4
(edited)

Echo Kellum has signed onto another show. While he's already said it won't interfere with this particular season, I can't see him being able to commit to being a replacement for Felicity or Diggle if he's committed to something else.

Yep.

Although, if we're going for the Because Comics Argument then obviously Laurel is the one to get killed off, since Dinah Laurel Lance doesn't exist in the current DC Continuity.  People should start using that logic for awhile.

Think about it, Dinah Drake Lance (Original Black Canary) was killed off; Sara Lance, Original Canary on Arrow was killed off.  Dinah Laurel Lance took up her mother's mantel (after growing up surrounded by JL members and wanting to be just like her mom).  Laurel Lance becomes Black Canary after her sister's death...because she totally wanted to SWF her sister oh and fire inside.  Dinah Drake Lance was brought back to life as the current Black Canary and given her own Team (Birds of Prey/Team 7) Sara is being brought back to life and given her own Team (Legends of Tomorrow).   

Dun Dun Dunnnnnn!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 18

Yep.

Although, if we're going for the Because Comics Argument then obviously Laurel is the one to get killed off, since Dinah Laurel Lance doesn't exist in the current DC Continuity. People should start using that logic for awhile.

Think about it, Dinah Drake Lance (Original Black Canary) was killed off; Sara Lance, Original Canary on Arrow was killed off. Dinah Laurel Lance took up her mother's mantel (after growing up surrounded by JL members and wanting to be just like her mom). Laurel Lance becomes Black Canary after her sister's death...because she totally wanted to SWF her sister oh and fire inside. Dinah Drake Lance was brought back to life as the current Black Canary and given her own Team (Birds of Prey/Team 7) Sara is being brought back to life and given her own Team (Legends of Tomorrow).

This....actually makes sense. This is completely logical and I accept this theory.

• Love 2

I would totally laugh and laugh if the whole Lance Family Drama and every villain outlives Felicity in this show. I would then proceed to check myself out of this whole messy show and it's connecting shows. 

Anyways, it is not Felicity in that grave. It is a Lance or The baby mama/the kid. I can't see it being Thea. She died last season and I really don't think they would kill her again after all the trouble we went through with her. 

• Love 1

Yep.

Although, if we're going for the Because Comics Argument then obviously Laurel is the one to get killed off, since Dinah Laurel Lance doesn't exist in the current DC Continuity.  People should start using that logic for awhile.

Think about it, Dinah Drake Lance (Original Black Canary) was killed off; Sara Lance, Original Canary on Arrow was killed off.  Dinah Laurel Lance took up her mother's mantel (after growing up surrounded by JL members and wanting to be just like her mom).  Laurel Lance becomes Black Canary after her sister's death...because she totally wanted to SWF her sister oh and fire inside.  Dinah Drake Lance was brought back to life as the current Black Canary and given her own Team (Birds of Prey/Team 7) Sara is being brought back to life and given her own Team (Legends of Tomorrow).   

That logic is sound. I like it. 

• Love 1

Yep.

Lol, to bad that Dinah Drake Lance is just Dinah Laurel Lance. Birds of Prey/Canary Cry/eventual romance with Oliver (writers have talked about it). 

Lol, to bad that Dinah Drake Lance is just Dinah Laurel Lance. Birds of Prey/Canary Cry/eventual romance with Oliver (writers have talked about it).

Well, while they may have talked about it, as of right now she's Dinah Drake Lance and she's never even met Oliver Queen. So unless we are forecasting the future, then her argument is viable.
  • Love 2

Yep.

I like this, make it happen Arrow! :) 

I was playing around with Twitter searchs and #LaurelLance comes back very low but if you search #BlackCanary it goes up considerably. Granted there is some overlap with the comics but I found that interesting. I think there is some merit to the argument that the costume is better received than the character. I'm thinking they will keep her screen time in the costume.

• Love 2

Just back to the Death Pool guessing.

Just to add to my Roy Harper in the grave spec, I was just remembering that they gave Roy the pseudonym "Jason" last season. Maybe he comes back as "Jason Todd" and dies in battle.

• Love 3

I don't think they would kill Roy.He's already off the show and it wouldn't be much of an impact since he's already not a regular.Also he had a fake out death in season 3 and we already got Oliver's reaction to that.

I really think it's going to be between Quentin and Laurel.Quentin more likely IMO.I also thought it could be baby Mama but the only impact that would have on the show would be if the kid had to live with Oliver which I think they're not dumb enough to do.They seem to want the drama of Oliver finding out but I don't think they would bring a kid as a regular on the show.

I don't mind this scenario:

Quentin dies, LL is filled with grief she starts going to Sara more and she trains with her over on LoT (sorry Starfish35 and Sakura12 :p) so basically her time will be split between Arrow and LoT. Not only will this mean she'll train to be more competent, but there'll be less LL on the show, and the show can focus on other characters and not LLs drama (which we've been subject to for 3 years). 

Not only that the show can cast a classy older person to take Quentin's place as the new Captain (someone Moira/Walter-esque?) 

It could be a fresh start to the show

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

I think he's running for mayor as a nod to the comics, to cement his newfound, voluntary fight for Starling City, and because Oliver needs a damn day job. He's 30 years old. It's sad.

I agree I think they were always going to go with the Mayor plot as a nod to the comics. I think they just upped the season they are using it in, to make a more central plot for the new Team Arrow to really be a team. LL has never been professionally part of the central plot and if they promote her to DA, she can finally have a role in the A plot.

I do like your idea that they somehow are planning to link it to his new voluntary stance as fighter for the city. Although I really think the majority of the reason he is back on TA is because of FS. I think he stayed in SC because of TQ & he's vigilanting for FS. The 2 women he love are basically the reason he is in SC. But perhaps they will make it more apparent as his mayoral campaign ramps up that he does also want to protect the city.

• Love 2