Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Another spoiler.  Aww show!  You really know how to make a girl give up her "I will not watch spoilers.  I want to be surprised" stance.  I only had one more month to go. :) Oh well, Oliver cooked dinner and was going to ask Felicity to marry him.  That almost makes me forget the Season 3 nonsense.

• Love 3

I'd be really stunned if they ever had Oliver marry anyone (for real, not the Nyssa thing) on this show, so I wouldn't get my hopes up about this actually happening. I'm betting they end up breaking up by season's end.

The irony of some fans calling S3 fan fic. LOL

This is my kind of fanfic.

They better give me a wedding at the end of the season. Hell, I would take a $20 money order wedding at the court house before facing DD in the season finale.

I feel the urge to pull out my Lois & Clark DVDs.

I don't want it to become the Oliver and Felicity for the record, but that's the relationship I want. Minus the frog eating.

• Love 2

I'd be really stunned if they ever had Oliver marry anyone (for real, not the Nyssa thing) on this show, so I wouldn't get my hopes up about this actually happening. I'm betting they end up breaking up by season's end.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

This is a trick--don't fall for it, people!!! Arrow has crushed many a heart teasing things like this! I'm sure the marriage will never actually happen because we can't have nice things, but I will forever revel in the fact that Oliver Queen, womanizer extraordinaire, wants to marry one Ms. Smoak. They can't take that fact back no matter what shit they throw at them to keep it from actually happening. This is monumental in and of itself.

• Love 14

This is a trick--don't fall for it, people!!! Arrow has crushed many a heart teasing things like this! I'm sure the marriage will never actually happen because we can't have nice things, but I will forever revel in the fact that Oliver Queen, womanizer extraordinaire, wants to marry one Ms. Smoak. They can't take that fact back no matter what shit they throw at them to keep it from actually happening. This is monumental in and of itself.

I wouldn't be surprised if Oliver and Felicity eventually get married, but if they don't, I'm content in knowing that he wanted to marry her. At the end of S2, I honestly never thought any of this would ever happen. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 10

Well, if we go by their usual format of the first episode being a microcosm of the season, I fully expect a thwarted proposal to end up as a real one by 423. HERE FOR IT. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 9

At least for me, it's already satisfying enough knowing this is what Oliver wants.

Also: when I said I thought a proposal would be a plot point this season, I really didn't imagine it would be in the premiere. Hee. I forgot this show runs through plot like whoa.

• Love 12

LMAO. It's definitely a tease because we know the proposal doesn't happen (well, it's pretty obvious it doesn't) but it's actually really clever to put it out there that this is what Oliver wants. It's monumental for his character and how far he's come since season 1 and before that, going by his previous relationships. It's a big deal. 

• Love 4

The microcosm of the season thing could work both ways- he could start off wanting to do it and then realize over the season that he can't be married to anyone, thus crushing his dreams of a real happily ever after, etc. They split up and then maybe they'll put them back together in the last season. Arrow is very soapy and they love those ups and downs, so I could easily see that happening.

The microcosm of the season thing could work both ways- he could start off wanting to do it and then realize over the season that he can't be married to anyone, thus crushing his dreams of a real happily ever after, etc. They split up and then maybe they'll put them back together in the last season. Arrow is very soapy and they love those ups and downs, so I could easily see that happening.

You just HAD to put that out there into the world... did you!!!

Yeah, but didn't he start out depressed last season? This time he starts out happy and they tease it for a while, but eventually it comes back down I bet. I don't think this show can do the happy thing for too long. He's still supposed to be the "dark one" of the CW heroes and I don't think they're going to completely switch that around.

Edited by Ruby25

That's just season 3 all over again. I don't see them doing that. The point is he has to learn to balance being GA with OQ, which he failed to do in season 3 and his life was crap. So now he's going to realize that he can be both. I'm not denying that there'll be ups and downs, I'm expecting that completely. But the difference is how they face them together. Otherwise yeah. It's literally season 3 all over again. 

• Love 5

Yeah, but didn't he start out depressed last season? This time he starts out happy and they tease it for a while, but eventually it comes back down I bet. I don't think this show can do the happy thing for too long. He's still supposed to be the "dark one" of the CW heroes and I don't think they're going to completely switch that around.

The EPs say that he's happy with Felicity, and that obviously lasts past the first episode (if spoilers are anything to go by). So it doesn't seem like he's realizing that he can't be in a relationship and be Green Arrow, it seems like he's learning how to be in a relationship while he's Green Arrow. He was ready to propose to Felicity as Oliver Queen, I wouldn't be surprised if he's eventually ready to propose to Felicity once he balances being Green Arrow, too. 

Green Arrow might be one of the "darker ones" on the CW, but the EPs have said they're lightening him up. That's one of the complaints about this show sometimes. He won't ever be Barry, but they're turning him into who Green Arrow is - a happier guy, not a miserable one.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 7

Well, as long as we're all throwing cold water on things, this does mean that the ring MG was referring to is certainly not green, glowing and capable of letting people fly. Cue the angst! Well. My angst.

• Love 3

Well, as long as we're all throwing cold water on things, this does mean that the ring MG was referring to is certainly not green, glowing and capable of letting people fly. Cue the angst! Well. My angst.

meh.. i'm perfectly fine with Diggle not being Green Lantern or any Lantern. 

• Love 4

I didn't say it wasn't going to last past the first episode. My guess is that will be the arc of the season. Whatever trouble happens eventually it'll lead Oliver back to his somberness as always by the finale.

If this was the final season I might think differently, but I just don't see them turning Oliver into any kind of a real family man while the show's ongoing.

Could it happen like this? Absolutely.  I grew up on soap operas so I know all about how show runners can drag things out (the bastards LOL), but Oliver and Felicity actually getting married isn't the be all, end all for me.  Given the Oliver we met in Season 1 and the douchebag pre-island Ollie, the fact that Oliver as he is now is ready to make a lifelong commitment to Felicity (even if circumstances prevent that from actually ever happening) works for me as a fan of the couple because he damn sure hasn't ever wanted to do that for anyone else.  Felicity is the one for Oliver whether they get married or not.  And that is all I ever truly need/want from my ships.  The rest is just icing on the wedding cake (sorry I couldn't resist. LOL)

• Love 12

I didn't say it wasn't going to last past the first episode. My guess is that will be the arc of the season. Whatever trouble happens eventually it'll lead Oliver back to his somberness as always by the finale.

Well, I hope you're wrong about that. I've had about enough of that guy. What's the point of following his story if he doesn't grow? 

• Love 9

I do think marriage is now officially on the table but yeah, I agree that SOMETHING will happen that keeps them apart at the end of the season.  He might still get to propose but then either Felicity is forced to say no to protect him or is kidnapped or presumed dead or blackmailed to leave.  Something will happen to torture us all summer long so that season five can end on a super happy note since that is when he is supposed to be his happiest but we are SOOOO on track to get there now. They don't have time to swap Felicity out or kill her for real.  It's about the closest you get to a guarantee! 

Ok, setting that sweetness aside.

I am equally if not even more excited that once again it is Felicity that is helping Oliver find his way as a hero.  He talks about only knowing how to fight the darkness by being the darkness and she's again helping him figure out a different way.  I think I swooned even harder about this than the ring.  There is no Green Arrow without Felicity Smoak. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 13

If this was the final season I might think differently, but I just don't see them turning Oliver into any kind of a real family man while the show's ongoing.

I mean, I understand where you're coming from, I guess, kind of. Haha. But that sounds so depressing though. He was blissfully happy and wanted to settle down with the woman he loves but then eventually realizes he can't if he wants to save the city so he ends up alone. OMG. No thank you. No. *shakes head repeatedly*

• Love 1

The fact that this is what Oliver wants to me is all that I needed. To me the engagement happened in his head & his heart - the rest is just dramatics & logistics.

That's just season 3 all over again. I don't see them doing that. The point is he has to learn to balance being GA with OQ, which he failed to do in season 3 and his life was crap. So now he's going to realize that he can be both. I'm not denying that there'll be ups and downs, I'm expecting that completely. But the difference is how they face them together. Otherwise yeah. It's literally season 3 all over again. 

He's already getting a pep talk by FS around 30 secs that basically says that. See progress, pep talks earlier in the season means less dumb decisions. He says that he only way he knows how to defeat the darkness by being the darkness. To which she says maybe you need to be a different kinda person. Its the same time she reveals his new outfit. They are going to work on the balancing for light & dark together.  It's not going to be perfect. But they are going to balance stuff together. Its just gonna work this season. There not going to keep or tear them apart for another season. It just doesn't seem in the cards.

ETA - or what bkwurm1 said above at the end of her post.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 3

Not sure I agree with the "as always." The only finale where he was somber at the end was the first season, when he was crying over Tommy.  At the end of the second season, current timeline Oliver ended the season smiling at Felicity. At the end of the third season, flashback Oliver was definitely in a pretty grim place, but current timeline Oliver was smiling.

Which isn't to say I'm predicting happiness and light for them all season, just that I don't think the pattern of Arrow's season finales really tell us that much about where Oliver will be at the end of the season.

• Love 2

That would make the whole show completely pointless. This is a classic hero's journey, which always involves one true love, and the man becoming a hero. If he just remains constantly bummed out, there's no point to the story.

And he can't be a family man, like Digg, who's constantly held up as Oliver's model?

I mean, I understand where you're coming from, I guess, kind of. Haha. But that sounds so depressing though. He was blissfully happy and wanted to settle down with the woman he loves but then eventually realizes he can't if he wants to save the city so he ends up alone. OMG. No thank you. No. *shakes head repeatedly*

Plus, he's already been there, done that. What a retread. No thanks.

• Love 3

Well, I hope you're wrong about that. I've had about enough of that guy. What's the point of following his story if he doesn't grow? 

I just really don't see them turning him into a lighthearted jokester/family man for good. If that happens it could be by the series finale, but during the show it would be too contrary to the tone they've established all this time, if it was to be permanent. This season will be the "experiment" with happiness, as they mentioned. But, yeah, it won't last, lol.

Yeah, but that's a soap for you, right?

I am equally if not even more excited that once again it is Felicity that is helping Oliver find his way as a hero.  He talks about only knowing how to fight the darkness by being the darkness and she's again helping him figure out a different way.  I think I swooned even harder about this than the ring.  There is no Green Arrow without Felicity Smoak.

^This. Could the showrunners be any more obvious? Felicity is usually the one who reminds Oliver that he's a big damn hero. I don't think that's mere coincidence. It plays right into what MG and others have said about Felicity representing the voice of the audience. That's exactly what we would say to Oliver too.

Switching subjects...Why is PB suddenly training alongside Stephen. Are they upping Quentin's stunts somehow? Wonder what that's all about.

• Love 3

I sort of wonder.. what if the big Felicity shock or cliffhanger of the episode is that Felicity finds the ring?

A bit too soapy? yea :-/...

Not a bad idea... I wonder if she finds it when she's cleaning up the fallen souffles. :(

Its soapy & tropey but that's par for the course.

I just really don't see them turning him into a lighthearted jokester/family man for good. If that happens it could be by the series finale, but during the show it would be too contrary to the tone they've established all this time, if it was to be permanent. This season will be the "experiment" with happiness, as they mentioned. But, yeah, it won't last, lol.

No one here is saying that it's permanent though? Just that he wants to propose, and might propose by the finale. An engagement doesn't equal marriage and him being "a lighthearted jokester/family man." It's taking a step toward having a family and the normal life he's thought he couldn't have for the past three years. It's growth, which is the whole point?

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

Switching subjects...Why is PB suddenly training alongside Stephen. Are they upping Quentin's stunts somehow? Wonder what that's all about.

It sorta reminds me of when Merrin Dungey talked about on her time in ALIAS. She knew things were getting more physical & action based when they got her a trainer & regimen. Perhaps they are upping QL's stunts and QL might be a physical badass this season. QL being mind-controlled or somehow mentally-shapeshifted by DD is looking more and more plausible.

• Love 5

The EPs say that he's happy with Felicity, and that obviously lasts past the first episode (if spoilers are anything to go by). So it doesn't seem like he's realizing that he can't be in a relationship and be Green Arrow, it seems like he's learning how to be in a relationship while he's Green Arrow. He was ready to propose to Felicity as Oliver Queen, I wouldn't be surprised if he's eventually ready to propose to Felicity once he balances being Green Arrow, too.

I'm sort of expecting the real proposal to happen with him DRESSED as Green Arrow, even.

• Love 9

Also did anyone else notice black vest that OQ is wearing over his new arrow outfit if you freeze the screen @ 00:56s. It looks like he has a jacket of bullets across his chest. His face & hood also seems darker. I just wonder if it means anything. The tag line was embrace your darkness. I just wonder if it means we will see more in the flashbacks this season. Perhaps there will be more of an emphasis or screentime spent in the flashbacks. Perhaps its nothing, but it just seems like the first time they have had compiled photo of the Arrow as the last shot.

Remember also they are going really dark in the flashbacks and Oliver has a love interest there that will compare&contrast Olicity.

Remember Oliver always gets married :) Well Comics and Smallville at least ;)

• Love 2

It sorta reminds me of when Merrin Dungey talked about on her time in ALIAS. She knew things were getting more physical & action based when they got her a trainer & regimen. Perhaps they are upping QL's stunts and QL might be a physical badass this season. QL being mind-controlled or somehow mentally-shapeshifted by DD is looking more and more plausible.

I would really enjoy that. You know why? It would finally give Quentin a storyline of his own beyond the typical, played-out Lance family draaaaama. I've always thought PB's talents were being grossly underutilized on this show so I welcome any opportunity to let him spread his wings.

• Love 5

Him proposing as Green Arrow and the wedding will be the big crossover event for the 100th episode. Let me live!

I don't want to wait for the 100th episode. :( Also wonder & maybe doubt the show wants to wait... And as for the crossover, I say let's keep the happytimes on ARROW. I don't need the other shows messing with the pairing. But I could see how it would maximize the audience & provide some last minute drama/shenanigans that might interfere with the wedding. And we end the FLASH episode with Barry zooming the couple to the church with a don't want you to be late for the big day.

• Love 2

I'm sort of expecting the real proposal to happen with him DRESSED as Green Arrow, even.

Maybe while they're in a cargo jet, right before they drop into a life or death mission, and he talks about how he had planned to do it originally, and she answers him with "Ask me when we get home."

(Sorry, my "Alias" feels took over.)

• Love 5

Maybe while they're in a cargo jet, right before they drop into a life or death mission, and he talks about how he had planned to do it originally, and she answers him with "Ask me when we get home."

(Sorry, my "Alias" feels took over.)

YOU....

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH/FINGERS/WHATEVER

• Love 4

Let us absolutely do tropes. It was one of the things I first grew to love about Arrow--the way they'd take a trope and then subvert it, or twist it a little. Kept me on my toes. I could do with more of them, to be honest. Give me every trope, all tropes.

• Love 9