Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

When was it said they would make a special annoucement?

Special annoucement makes the floater sound like more then just a small side character. It's possible nothing was said at comic con because they are reworking the original idea of the character. Either changing the character or scrapping it all together.

I think it could be anyone who doesnt have the 23 episode order in their contract. Willa and Barrowman could fit that.

Series regulars have episode counts?

Felicity would never be the floater either. I don't think a series regular on any show is a serious contender. Not even Barrowman.

You know what I meant - Oliver is the only one on the show who absolutely without a doubt would not be the floater. Felicity is highly unlikely, I agree, but we were discussing the possibility of all the characters who could possibly fill that role (even though MG said it wouldn't be Felicity or Laurel).

I think it's likely to be a regular or recurring guest star though. It's going to be someone we've seen a lot of IMO.

Willa? Not that I wouldn't mind seeing her interact with everyone (in s3 she was the only regular who had 0 interaction with Barry plus I'm really anticipating her and Sara) but she's too important to the show and Oliver now. 

From what i heard Stephen, David & Emily have 23 episode/season order in their contract. That is why they are always in every episode. Other regular cast members are known to skip an episode or 2 or even more.

With them not really making any special announcements, I have a feeling the floater will not be the big of a role as they might have thought months ago. It might just be a name they drop and not actually have the physical actor there. Therefore making it possible to be just about anyone that spends the majority of their time in B or C plots. Similar to how they used Lyla's name on the Flash this past season. Oliver I think will spend 4a helping to set up LoT, but now that its a spring premiere there is no way he can be the Floater. There is no way he can be that separated from his own show.

The only people I cannot see it being are Oliver, Barry, Felicity & Diggle. Everyone else is fair game including Cailtlin & Cisco since technically they had their origination on Arrow. My guesses would be Malcolm & Cisco if they want to use an actor in person. Lyla if they are just gonna name drop. Honestly, I know that MG said a long time ago it was not going to be Laurel, but after all the LoT stuff that was mentioned around her name perhaps they have changed their mind. I think she would also be a logical choice considering her comic alter ego is a independent superhero from Arrow.

People (imo) we can eliminate: Oliver, Barry, Thea, Diggle, Felicity, Cisco, Laurel, Lance, Roy. 

Contenders: Malcolm, Lyla, Caitlin

If 

Ronnie dies, Caitlin might take a hiatus from Star Labs. On the Flash reel she said "I can't come back" or something similar.

• Love 1

When was it said they would make a special annoucement?

Special annoucement makes the floater sound like more then just a small side character. It's possible nothing was said at comic con because they are reworking the original idea of the character. Either changing the character or scrapping it all together.

He mentions an announcement in this video. Start at 5:30

• Love 3

TBH, I hope they drop the concept of an actual floater. I've been enjoying the chemistry the LoT cast seems to have as a unit and I don't really feel the need for someone to drop in between the shows to keep us informed. After spending time setting up the show, I want Arrow to return to being about the Arrow characters. Just an in script reference of someone from LoT talking to someone from Arrow/Flash would be fine for me. For example ~ Laurel can say heard from my sister about x. Cisco can say just got an email from Ray. Not opposed to a name dropping "floater" if it helps to keep stuff in order. And Lyla would be a perfect character for that.

• Love 1

Is it weird that we haven't heard any casting news for the new season yet, besides NM as DD? This time last year we knew about Maseo and Tatsu in the flashbacks, and Vertigo, Ted Grant, and Lacroix (the baddie in 3x02) in the present. Are the first two episodes really not going to feature anyone significant?

From the TVLine interview it sounds like the LoT crew will be spending some time in the different time periods they travel too. I don't really see how they can have someone drop by if they are not in same year.

I think the only set up that will work is maybe have Arrow and Flash on LoT's first episode to send them on their way but that's it. An occasional name drop would work for me as well. Like Felicity marveling that Sara brought her back some future tech from the year 2626 or is now in Spain in the 1500's.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't think the time travel matters. If there's any kind of crossover potential, then they're going to have to be on the current timeline at some point, and the floater could always time travel with them, or show up in the current timeline before they go on some new time traveling adventure.

Edited by apinknightmare

Is it weird that we haven't heard any casting news for the new season yet, besides NM as DD? This time last year we knew about Maseo and Tatsu in the flashbacks, and Vertigo, Ted Grant, and Lacroix (the baddie in 3x02) in the present. Are the first two episodes really not going to feature anyone significant?

I was only just getting really active in Arrow fandom this time last year, so I can't speak to trends.  However, I think the young hacker casting call was for 4x02, right?  And that should start shooting around 7/24, so I'd expect they would have completed the casting before then.  If, as speculated, this guy is our Mr. Terrific, then I'd expect he'll be announced sooner.  Didn't his casting call go out around the same time as DD?

I was only just getting really active in Arrow fandom this time last year, so I can't speak to trends.  However, I think the young hacker casting call was for 4x02, right?  And that should start shooting around 7/24, so I'd expect they would have completed the casting before then.  If, as speculated, this guy is our Mr. Terrific, then I'd expect he'll be announced sooner.  Didn't his casting call go out around the same time as DD?

I think the news about the hacker role was much more recent. I feel like we've been hearing about DD since forever.

I just think it's odd for Arrow casting to be so quiet when new people (major and minor roles) are announced for Flash almost daily.

Maybe that just means they're either not adding any other characters of note at the moment instead choosing to focus primarily on the regulars, or they're hiding things.

I would take both of those. As much fun as it is to go through spoilers, knowing too much can kill the buzz. And if they focus more on the regular characters, then I'm pleasantly surprised.

• Love 1
(edited)

Bracing myself for more Lance family dramz, but at least it involves Quentin this time. Is he working with Darkh, or what? Or did he make some kind of deal with Merlyn (or Darhk, I guess, since he has Lazarus Pit water) to get Sara back? Yikes.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Time to speculate again, I see!  The great twist/reveal will be:

1. Lance shoots Laurel!

2. Lance shoots Oliver!

3. Lance shoots Felicity!

4. Lance shoots Diggle!

5. Lance shoots Thea!

6. Lance shoots everybody!

7. Lance finds out that Nanda Parbat is in New Jersey, digs up Sara's body, rents a U-Haul, and drives there in a series of wacky adventures. Bonus: The real shock here is finding out that Oliver and Felicity didn't actually drive much during their road trip - but Lance did.

8. Lance is Lex Luthor!

9. Lance is a Green Lantern!

10. Lance retires from police work and opens a flower shop!

11. Lance breaks down and gets into a leather suit - only his is hot pink leather and comes with kitty ears.

12. Lance announces plans to set up a luxury resort for supervillains on Evil Island.

13. Lance isn't Lance! Well, he is, but he was replaced by Lance's IDENTICAL EVIL TWIN. Yes, I know Arrow already pulled the SECRET TWIN stuff this season but no reason not to do it again.

14. Actually, Lance is a CYBORG, controlled either by ARGUS, HIVE, Mr. Terrific or ALIENS.  You pick!

15. Lance is Clark Kent!

16. Lance is Lois Lane!

17. Lance is Rip Hunter's biological son! Or, vice versa! Or his long lost secret lover!

18. Lance is the new owner of Queen Consolidated/Palmer Technologies.

19. Lance has been hired by Wayne Tech to investigate QC/Palmer Technologies.

20. Lance keeps a lot of guinea pigs. Zombie Sara finds she has a new love for guinea pigs, in the sense of wanting to eat them, and Laurel trips on them.

21. Lance and Thea are having an affair!

22. Lance is wearing ruby slippers and refuses to explain the details, saying no one will believe any of it, especially the bit about a dancing lion.

23. Lance has been hired by a secret organization - but it turns out to be not HIVE or ARGUS - but SHIELD!

24. Damien Darkh is a member of Lance's Friday night poker group.

• Love 12

I could see it being Lance working with DD, not knowing who he really is.  More Lance family drama.  I could also see DD being the one to LP Sara. 

I could actually see Lance being the one that digs up Sara, and makes some kind of deal with DD (LP in exchange of...???) so he can have Sara back

• Love 3
(edited)

I was trying to figure out if the reveal at the end of episode one has anything to do with Lance? Just going by the SEAT video of Paul Blackthornes round table. It starts at 3:25

Okay, I just watched this, thanks for pointing it out, Velocity23! I had missed it before. Paul B does makes it look like the twist is about/around Lance. I'm assuming Lance is off the wagon, but what if he's willingly working for DD in exchange for Sara's life?

Edit: ...I should refresh the page before I post, y/y?

Edited by dancingnancy
(edited)

Lance working with DD to get Sara back makes sense to me, and it's one of the less bad options for the "shocking" ending I think.

Thank you for posting that video, Velocity23. I hadn't watched that one yet, and this helps relieve that sense of dread that came over me when I read that we were for another "shocking" ending. I'm still traumatized from the last one! :)

Edited by Starfish35

If it is Lance working with Darhk, I wonder how that even comes about? Is DD masquerading as some businessman in Starling, who gets in good with the chief (or whatever it is Quentin is), and then Quentin tells him about his dead daughter and DD says, "Hey, I've got some magic water that'll fix that up right quick, just show me where her grave is!" and Quentin's poor alcohol-addled mind is all, "YES, OKAY." Then DD gets him to do some shady business in the PD? 

Or does Malcolm pull some kind of rat bastard move and offer to bring Sara back in exchange for something? 

If Quentin's drinking again, I can see how he could be tempted by the offer, although I would've thought he'd be more likely to fall for something like that back when he was in his idiotic mania over Oliver lying to him about Sara being on Lian Yu (forever stupid, btw), not that things on this show necessarily have to be in character, as we've seen. 

I'm up for whatever the twist is as long as it doesn't involve Oliver, Felicity, Diggle or Thea. 

• Love 1

I just don't care what Quentin does.  He turned into a moronic abusive cop last year, who hit a handcuffed prisoner in anger while making sure his darling daughter never felt any consequences beyond daddy being mildly perturbed with her.  Abusive cops are close to my least favorite people in the world.  If he's working with DD, my only reaction will be to hope he gets killed because of it.  Actually, I just hope he gets killed in S4.  Don't care how it comes about (no offense to the actor, it's not his fault).

• Love 4

Didn't they say it would haunt the rest of the season? Or was it just the scene that would be haunting?

I really don't want anything Sara related to hang over the season.

Didn't they say it would haunt the rest of the season? Or was it just the scene that would be haunting?

I really don't want anything Sara related to hang over the season.

He said that what happens would haunt the rest of the season. It could be that the thing that Quentin does to get Sara back is what "haunts" it.

• Love 1

I really think the big jaw dropper is Lance related from the minute I heard PB talk about it in the TVline interview. The interview above just further indicates that he is heavily influenced/involved in the twist. I sorta wonder if SL comes back at the end of the episode and confronts her father. DD uses SL to help convince her father to help him.

He seems to have 2 priorities in his life his daughters & protecting the city. If DD comes onto the scene offering to protect the City for the greater good and help him get his daughters back, I could see how QL may be inclined to help him. I doubt DD is going to approach him with the truth of his intentions. DD is described as pure evil, so he will do anything to get his way. He has no code and could easily manipulate QL out of his code especially using SL to help accomplish it. When I look at NM, I actually see evil personified but masquerading as not evil. So I can see how people can fall under his spell. That's why I think his casting is spot on. And also why I don't want DD to be FS's father. Anyone described as pure evil should not be the parent of any of our main cast.

Unrelated PB/QL wish - Can we have an episode where QL somehow needs to talk in PB's native accent? Soap Operatic head injury or evil twin? Undercover mission with accent ID concealment?

• Love 2

These guys love their parallels, so it would make sense that they end 401 bringing Sara back, in direct contrast to killing her off in the last moments of 301.

And if she comes back crazy/scary [let's just please avoid "wrong" and Buffy S6 comparisons, writers], it can lead to a haunting scene tone-wise, sure. And it'll have repercussions for the rest of the season.

I just don't see this as fitting ~the craziest thing they've ever done~ talk from SDCC, because we know Sara's coming back. That's what trips me.

• Love 3

I was thinking about checking CL social media to see where she is at, but with LOT her hanging in Vancour doesn't really mean anything.

Interestingly, KC has been back in LA since yesterday.

LOT doesn't start filming until August. If she's in Vancouver in July, it's for Arrow. We know she's going to be on Arrow and her whole resurrection story will be handled on Arrow. 

(edited)
11. Lance breaks down and gets into a leather suit - only his is hot pink leather and comes with kitty ears.

This, please.  PB would be rock it. although the flower shop idea sounds good too.

Logically, I can see that they would bring Sara back at the end of 401 to contrast with her death in 301, and it would be awesome if it's something that Lance brought about.  But he's the straightest of the straight on this show (even Diggle believes in magic waters and super speeds now) so how would DD approach him about it (because it wouldn't come from Quentin Sceptic Lance)?  And why would DD want Sara resurrected?

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Why would Lance even believe DD? I would think Lance would just punch him.

If he's off the wagon and desperate enough, he'd probably agree to whatever. He seemed to be in a better place about it all at the end of last season, what with calling Felicity to let her know that Oliver was about to be shot instead of just letting him get shot. This seems like something the batshit!Quentin would've done. So, who knows.