Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Lmao in that short clip Thea was such a badass as she hissed to Oliver "Stay away from him"... even moreso than Laurel and Ray when they debuted as vigilantes

She's growing up so fast :')

ALSO I'm thinking Roy gives Thea a mask in episode 22? Because it's obvious Oliver's not going to give it. So it's either Roy or Felicity&Diggle. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 11

MG said that the LP won't be used to bring back characters the audience loves like Moira and Tommy so he's probably going to be in flashbacks or hallucinations again. Unfortunately.

MG also said Malcolm Merlyn was dead...I don't think he is a reliable person is all I'm saying. :)

Malcolm's freak out about Thea coming back changed IN THE SOUL would make sense if he'd tried it on Tommy and the boy went evil dark crazy. Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

Maybe we will find out in the finale that Malcolm had tried the LP on Sara - as a means to "redeem" himself/ to trick everybody into thinking that he wants to redeem himself? And something went wrong during that procedure, like Sara coming back as "White Canary"?

I wonder if we have this two things oliver must do thing wrong....

Acting on the assumption Ras got fed up with Nyssa bc of her inability to get over Sara's death/she was too emotional blah blah blah. What if ras's two things are killing Felicity amd Diggle.

We literally have Diggle saying "All that is left of Oliver is us." Of course Oliver has more people.....buckles, thea. Roy. It would actually make sense though, especially in the context of ras encouraging Felicity to declare her love. "Tell him how you feel before he loses you forever." What better way to ensure Oliver is completely under his control than by making him kill the two people who helped him/believed him/he has trusted with nearlY everything for the past 3 years?

It makes me afraid a bit for them, except Oliver would never get past hurting either of them so I think they are safe, unless tiic really don't want a show anymore.

Although that quote in the spoiler thread About the and oliver being the ones that could bring him back...could be them too.

Edited by chaos is welcome

I"m trying to look on the bright side.  If Oliver and Nyssa are forced to marry and then team up to defeat Ra's, then Nyssa could become the new Ra's, their marriage is dissolved, and Oliver returns to Starling City.  Because of their temporary marriage alliance, they develop respect for each other.  That plus Nyssa's friendship with Laurel will make the LOA an ally to help Oliver fight the new Big Bad next season.

(edited)
Acting on the assumption Ras got fed up with Nyssa bc of her inability to get over Sara's death/she was too emotional blah blah blah. What if ras's two things are killing Felicity amd Diggle.

If anything I would think it would be killing Felicity and Thea, not Diggle, those two hold a higher place in Oliver's heart than Diggle.  BTW that's not a slam on Diggle or the D/O brotherhood.  I'd say the same about Diggle, pretty sure Lyla and Baby Sara hold a higher place in Diggle's heart than Oliver.

I could see the final two tasks being kill what's left of OQ (his ties to SC - Thea, Felicity, Diggle, etc) and kill the pretender to the throne (Nyssa).  Then again, Ra's is supposedly a lifetime appointment, so killing the former Ra's should be one of the final steps before he can ascend to Ra's Al Ghul.  

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5

At the end of that NZ promo for 3x21, it looks like Thea is threatening to shoot Oliver with an arrow if he doesn't "get away from him".  Does Thea save Diggle's life?

If Oliver was actually about to kill Diggle, that could put a rift in their friendship.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

At the end of that NZ promo for 3x21, it looks like Thea is threatening to shoot Oliver with an arrow if he doesn't "get away from him".  Does Thea save Diggle's life?

If Oliver was actually about to kill Diggle, that could put a rift in their friendship.

She already shot him with an arrow, you can see it protruding from his wrist, timestamp 17sec

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

There is actually a lot of stuff I want to see in this episode. I want to see how they change Oliver, Diggle/Oliver interactions, BadAss Thea, Diggle/Felicity scenes, Diggle/Smoak/Queen Dinner, Nyssa v Oliver.

• Love 1

In that scene with Thea and Ra's, she was never going to win but she come across well. Her movements seemed very precise, she wasn't swinging wildly hoping to hit something. That's the impression I get when I watch Laurel fight. Its aggression, not skill.

• Love 6

I'm looking forward to seeing Thea in action. After being used as a pawn in everyone else's story, I'm like FINALLY she gets something badass to do.

Malcolm's freak out about Thea coming back changed IN THE SOUL would make sense if he'd tried it on Tommy and the boy went evil dark crazy.

This is exactly what I've been thinking. When everyone was talking about Tommy maybe coming back, I never really paid much attention to it. But the way Malcolm was so against Thea being put in the pit made me wonder if he had first hand experience with Tommy. And then I thought maybe that's one of the reasons why Ra's was after him - because Malcolm used the pit without permission. 

Barrowman did say that the season finale would shock us so at this point, nothing would surprise me. 

• Love 4

I want to see how they change Oliver, Diggle/Oliver interactions, BadAss Thea, Diggle/Felicity scenes, Diggle/Smoak/Queen Dinner, Nyssa v Oliver.

I can't say I am because it is so undermined by the motive underlying it all: Matt Nable's Ra's. He's just not convincing on any level to me as someone to be feared, he has zero gravitas, and the writing makes him look fucking dumb, therefore all those acting hopeless in the face of this tool just makes me INSANE. IN. SANE. I seriously think the Stay Puft marshmallow man was a badder ass. The kookie metahumans on the Flash are more formidable. I *should* be anxious for those scenes and but because of the joker that is the villain they won't have the same resonance. I'll enjoy it for the actors playing off each other and that's about it.

• Love 5

Dude, the Stay-Puft marshmallow man was scary as hell.  His face when he came up over the building (right before it was melted off) gave me nightmares for years.

Totally agree Nable sucks.  He's also quite paunchy for a badass.  My primary issue with Ra's, personally, is that he's so goddamn dumb.  He makes Waller look like a genius.

In some of the comics Ra was all about doing nasty evil things to make his daughters realize the his evil lifestyle and ways were the true way. I still say this could be what Ra is trying now. He wants his daughter to follow in his footsteps. But this emotional wreck of a woman isn't the daughter he raised. She'll never earn the respect of his men (or god since our Ra seems religious in a lot of ways) and is never going to live up to his expectations.

Being replaced with the male lover of her girlfriend-cold. (Ra's power seems to be how to torture but not physical torture-mental. And give demotivating speaches that seem motivating on the surface. He's recruiting sad lonely people. He's definitely writen like a cult leader. Imo).

Also having Nyssa forced into a loveless sexless marriage has the potential to turn a passionate spirited women into a sad cold mission oriented leader. When the mission is all there is...

Having to denounce everything that can derail you from the mission is very cold. It is kind of what Oliver has tried to do himself. He just has a handful of people who light up his life and he has kept them at a slight distance.

We'll see I guess.

Edit because it seems English isn't my first language though embarrassingly it is...

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 1

Bleh, I don't like any of the spoilers.  Brainwashed Evil!Oliver, hard times for Olicity, Diggle/Oliver rift, possible Nyssa/Oliver marriage, more Ra's, etc.  The only thing I'm looking forward to is Oliver and Felicity driving off into the sunset in his Porsche.  And I'm sure they'll find a way to ruin that, too. 

• Love 4

They've honestly just gone way, way too dark this season.  It's pretty much enough to cause clinical depression.  There's a storytelling rule that you shouldn't pile so much misery on a character that the audience decides he'd be better off dead, and Oliver is long past that point.  I really don't see why he doesn't kill himself rather than be Ra's murderboy.  Do it in some way that he can't be LPd, like throw himself into a volcano or something. 

• Love 4

I really, really wonder if oliver is going to get a chance to set SOME things right with a flash time travel thing. If so, I expect someone to die in Arrow 3.22. But how would they explain this on Arrow side?

Edited by chaos is welcome

Yeah I was thinking there was no way they'd alter Arrow's timeline on the Flash, but from that new pic he still seems brain doggled working unambigulously in the name of the LoA and Ra's, because the only two real loopholes I can think of to get Oliver out of this is faking/long con, OR time line correction, that literally erases every dumbass thing he's chosen to do since the Calm, that also gives us back Sara.

I am at the point where I'll take Felicity finding Oliver in the shower, for reals.

• Love 2

Didn't they say the bad thing with Diggle has long-term consequences?  I don't think time travel is going to figure in to Arrow in any meaningful way.  I'm more and more thinking Ra's had Maseo dig up Sara and LPd her, and that's what he uses to get Nyssa to agree to marry Oliver (because she has no one else she loves he can threaten, and I think she'd off herself before marrying him otherwise).  Thank God it'll only be one episode before they take Ra's down in 23 and hopefully we never hear of the GD LOA again (except Nyssa, she can visit).

I feel fairly confident that the Oliver in Flash 22 is no-longer-evil Oliver.  I realize it could be AU Oliver or Ra's wants him to help Barry, but those seem less likely than him simply breaking through the stupid brainwashing.  Especially since he's all ready to kill Diggle in A21, but sounds fairly normal in F22, stupid LOA suit notwithstanding.

On another note, prior to this season I loved Oliver as much as anyone, but honestly, Reverse Flash would pretty much instantly destroy him.

• Love 2

They've honestly just gone way, way too dark this season.

I dunno. I still thing "Seeing Red" is the darkest most depressing episode of the entire series to this point. The last 10 minutes were utterly harrowing and gut wrenching and awful.  To see Oliver and Moira bonding over shitty things in flashback and her telling him how proud she was of him for being The Arrow. How destroyed Thea and Oliver both were?  Nothing for me since then has matched that level of doom and sadness. 

Of course, IMO that was largely because we had the brilliant Susannah Thompson in the episode. 

I would love it if we find out that Malcolm did try to resurrect Tommy and Tommy went off the rails and is being held in a Merlyn cave on Corto Maltese or something.  I would absolutely buy getting Tommy back that way.  And Malcolm might actually be afraid of Tommy now. 

• Love 3

In all the "Nyssa takes over the LoA" speculation, I've been wondering why Nyssa would ever want anything to do with the LoA ever again, unless it's to get vengeance on her father.  This crew treated her like the Heir for all her life, and then they kick her to the curb when some outsider shows up?  So much for loyalty and their supposed code of honor.

So far, the whole Ra's/LoA plot has been a Massive Fail and I can't wait for it to be over, including the next two episodes. I'm tires of the actors and the stunt people having to make up for problems in the writing.

ALSO I'm thinking Roy gives Thea a mask in episode 22? Because it's obvious Oliver's not going to give it. So it's either Roy or Felicity&Diggle. 

That would be a nice nod to Felicity putting on Oliver's mask, and Oliver giving Roy his mask.  Or a mask is like "tag, you're a superhero!"

They've honestly just gone way, way too dark this season.  It's pretty much enough to cause clinical depression.  There's a storytelling rule that you shouldn't pile so much misery on a character that the audience decides he'd be better off dead, and Oliver is long past that point.  I really don't see why he doesn't kill himself rather than be Ra's murderboy.  Do it in some way that he can't be LPd, like throw himself into a volcano or something. 

Oh, but he got sex with Felicity in there.  I suspect that Felicity's ILU and the sex was in that episode for a little light before they go dark again, just as the cross-over was to lighten the show before Oliver went to commit suicide by fighting Ra's.

I don't think they would erase the entire season, but I could see them erasing the ras ollie ghul booboos oliver is about to make.

Oh yeah sorry I was kidding with the everything since the Calm, I did mean just the Ra's Ollie Ghul stuff. I still think it's mostly unlikely I'm just very confused by Oliver being over on the Flash if he's not already broken the programming, because if he hasn't why is he there and why wouldn't Barry hogtime him until such time as it WAS broken? Why do I continue to pretend there will be a good reason?

• Love 1

Oh yeah sorry I was kidding with the everything since the Calm, I did mean just the Ra's Ollie Ghul stuff. I still think it's mostly unlikely I'm just very confused by Oliver being over on the Flash if he's not already broken the programming, because if he hasn't why is he there and why wouldn't Barry hogtime him until such time as it WAS broken? Why do I continue to pretend there will be a good reason?

Since it's between 3x22 and 3x23, maybe we find out that Oliver's broken free of the brainwashing at least by the end of the ep before the finale?

• Love 1

"Oh, but he got sex with Felicity in there.  I suspect that Felicity's ILU and the sex was in that episode for a little light before they go dark again, just as the cross-over was to lighten the show before Oliver went to commit suicide by fighting Ra's."

But even the sex and ILU are entirely depressing, because it's with the expectation that not only will they never see each other again, but he's going to go become Ra's murderboy.  I mean, I will literally never watch that sex scene because of the totally depressing reason they're doing it (plus she finally got off her duff to do it because Ra's told her to?  How frigging gross is that!) and the even more depressing aftermath.  The crossover was nice, but again, not nearly enough.  This show used to be like 60/40, and now it's about 95/5.  It's worse than something like The Walking Dead (which I watched until they killed yet another horse, this time for zero story reason), because you kind of go in to a zombie show knowing it's going to be really depressing.  This is a damn superhero show!

Also, re killing Moira, agreed that was really rough.  But this whole season has been pretty much killing Moira every other episode.  I don't mind big sad/angsty moments, but there needs to be significant lightness to balance it.  Not eight seconds per episode of lightness, which itself is sprinkled with angst.

"In all the "Nyssa takes over the LoA" speculation, I've been wondering why Nyssa would ever want anything to do with the LoA ever again, unless it's to get vengeance on her father.  This crew treated her like the Heir for all her life, and then they kick her to the curb when some outsider shows up?  So much for loyalty and their supposed code of honor."

I'm thinking she has her own loyalists.  Otherwise, I don't see how TA can win against the whole LOA, even with Laurel, Tatsu, Atom, and maybe Barry and/or Maseo helping.  Hopefully she executes all the rest.

Edited by AyChihuahua

maybe we find out that Oliver's broken free of the brainwashing at least by the end of the ep before the finale?

By the end of 3X22 or 1X22? I mean I guess, that if Barry et al have shit going down with Not Wells/Reverse Flash, he'd take the help of someone so utterly compromised as LoA Oliver is, because they are in NEED? But if he breaks the programming on the Flash I have to think it's timey wimey related. I can not wait for Guggenheim to move on.

Edited by blixie

Since it's between 3x22 and 3x23, maybe we find out that Oliver's broken free of the brainwashing at least by the end of the ep before the finale?

This might be a little bitter, but I can almost imagine the writers having OQ break the brainwashing on the Flash. Maybe he goes to CC to do another task for LoA and Barry does something that causes the brainwashing to falter after Thea & Felicity set certain seeds in motion during 322. Because you know nothing important happens in the crossover, but of course something always does.

I've also been cooking up in my head that Thea dressing Arrow like will have something to do with getting Oliver back. I think Thea will mess with his head & being around Felicity will mess with his heart. Eventually EvilOliver will just start to malfunction & fritz out emotionally & mentally.

"he'd take the help of someone so utterly compromised as LoA Oliver is, because they are in NEED?"

Agreed, but why would Oliver travel from NP to help?  I think he's out sometime in A22 at the latest, maybe even the end of A21.  Although who knows, maybe Ra's will send him, after pulling another prophecy out of his ass that says the man who will become Ra's must help the fast dude in the red suit defeat the fast dude in the yellow suit. 

• Love 4

By the end of 3X22 or 1X22? I mean I guess, that if Barry et al have shit going down with Not Wells/Reverse Flash, he'd take the help of someone so utterly compromised as LoA Oliver is, because they are in NEED? But if he breaks the programming on the Flash I have to think it's timey wimey related. I can not wait for Guggenheim to move on.

By the end of 3x22. Like, maybe we see him have a breakthrough, but he hasn't made a move on Ra's yet, so Ra's doesn't know? I'm not sure why Ra's would let him just take off to help a friend, but maybe that's explained in the show by Oliver being nearby on some League business (or maybe we're just not supposed to question it). 

Edited by apinknightmare

This show used to be like 60/40, and now it's about 95/5.  It's worse than something like The Walking Dead (which I watched until they killed yet another horse, this time for zero story reason), because you kind of go in to a zombie show knowing it's going to be really depressing.  This is a damn superhero show!

I don't have a problem with the darkness of the show as long as we get a bit of comic relief.  S2 was uber dark from like Seeing Red to the end IMO but there were moments of levity.  I guess for me, the lightness I can get from other shows.

What I love(d) about Arrow is that it is a bit dark. Given what Oliver went through on the island I don't expect any glib humor and would be annoyed if it was there too much.   I liked the Flash episodes because it was still couched in the darkness of Arrow because Barry was saving his life. I dunno, I felt like s2 hit all the right balance of everything with the lean towards the dark.   But I also like Supernatural where it's angst central and I loved Dark!Wesley on Angel and BSG is my favorite show which is super dark too. 

For me, I feel like I expected darkness and angst but underlying hope for the future.  I still think it's there but I also want the show to be about Oliver. So at least I'm getting dark!Oliver...

Sorry for the rambling.

• Love 3

"he'd take the help of someone so utterly compromised as LoA Oliver is, because they are in NEED?"

Agreed, but why would Oliver travel from NP to help?  I think he's out sometime in A22 at the latest, maybe even the end of A21.  Although who knows, maybe Ra's will send him, after pulling another prophecy out of his ass that says the man who will become Ra's must help the fast dude in the red suit defeat the fast dude in the yellow suit.

Bahahahaha, that was great.
  • Love 2

Below is the comic teaser for the next episode of The Flash.  Why am I bringing it up here?  Because it hints at the future Justice League and possibly explains why we're being deluged with DC superheroes, why the Atom and Black Canary stories were rushed through on Arrow this season, and why Sara is being brought back (possibly as the White Canary?).  If DC Comics is building toward a TV Justice League, then it would explain a lot of why Oliver Queen's journey/story was intercut this season by other superheroes' stories and maybe affect next season of Arrow as well.

flash-teaser-133226.jpg

In some if the comics Ra was all about doing nasty evil things to make his daughters realize the his evil lifestyle and ways were the true way. I still stay this could be what Ra is trying now. He wants his daughter to follow in his footsteps. But this emotional wreak of a woman isn't the daughter he raised. She'll never earn the respect of his men (or god since our Ra seems religious in a lot of ways) and is never going to live up to his expectations.

Being replaced with the male lover of her girlfriend-cold. (Ra's power seems to be how to torture but not physical torture-mental. And give demotivating speaches that seem motivating on the surface. He's recruiting sad lonely people. He's definitely writen like a cult leader. Imo).

Which is why, unlike everyone else, as a villain Ra's frightens me more than any of the previous ones. Malcolm and Slade were all about revenge, and physical pain... Ra's, like the second Count Vertigo, is all about cunning, mental & emotional pain leading to total breakdown, before he molds them back up to what he thinks is the right image. he is a man, similar to malcolm but not fully, driven by ideology in which he believes in 100%. combine that with his confident and overall aloftness (for lack of a better term that i can think of)... people like him? those are the truly dangerous villains.

• Love 2

Also at work, and on silent that too is my interpretation. Can't rewatch now either :( Looks like Thea will be force to reckon with. I wonder if Thea will be the bad cop to Felicity's good cop to help break the brainwashing.

I sure hope so. Since all Oliver wanted was Thea safe and Felicity happy, seeing his sister vigilante-ing about with her psychopathic pops and Felicity miserable might snap him out of this ridiculous brainwashing. So are we guessing we're going to get about 2.5/3 eps of Evil!Oliver? Joy.

I don't know why these EPs take such pride in making their protagonist miserable. The things they are doing (and characters they've killed off) would contribute to a richer story, but no, can't have that. I'm all for dark - I marathoned Daredevil in a day, but I also need a bit of joy and hope. Arrow seems to hold off on any sort of hope and joy until the finale. It's not enough.

On another note, prior to this season I loved Oliver as much as anyone, but honestly, Reverse Flash would pretty much instantly destroy him.

Sometimes it's hard to suspend my disbelief when you have overpowered characters with a bunch of normies. Reverse Flash should just zip over and rip out Oliver's heart. Boom, done. (It's also why I can't ever play the DC Injustice video game. Shouldn't Wonder Woman straight up murder anyone she fights? No way Harley Quinn ever beats her. Yes, I think too much about such things.) Of course, I want to see the heroes outsmart the villains so I try to just roll with the flow.

• Love 3

Which is why, unlike everyone else, as a villain Ra's frightens me more than any of the previous ones. Malcolm and Slade were all about revenge, and physical pain... Ra's, like the second Count Vertigo, is all about cunning, mental & emotional pain leading to total breakdown, before he molds them back up to what he thinks is the right image. he is a man, similar to malcolm but not fully, driven by ideology in which he believes in 100%. combine that with his confident and overall aloftness (for lack of a better term that i can think of)... people like him? those are the truly dangerous villains.

Taking it to the supporting cast thread

Some clunky lines (mornings are the hardest...) but... that sneak peak was EVERYTHING I wanted. THANK YOU EPs (wow I never thought I'd say this). 

AND FELICITY suggested Diggle get a costume?!?! HALLELUJAH 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 8

Did I miss something? Why can't Thea leave the loft? Can she not go out in sunlight as a result of the pit or what?

I don't care... I just really liked that scene :p Maybe they'll explain it in the episode? 

Did I miss something? Why can't Thea leave the loft? Can she not go out in sunlight as a result of the pit or what?

I assume since she was supposed to be mostly dead just a few weeks ago.  Maintain the cover of her recovering. 

Either that or they had to fake her death too.  New identity, Mia Drearden?

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

I assume since she was supposed to be mostly dead just a few weeks ago.  Maintain the cover of her recovering. 

Either that or they had to fake her death too.  New identity, Mia Drearden?

Maybe, but they told the doctor she was going to Central City, and since it's been three weeks, I figure she could go out looking a little like poo and no one would be the wiser. If they faked her death then wow, what idiots. Haha.

I assume she can't leave because people think she's mostly dead. Probably wait a few months before she can start going out in public.

Baby Sara wants Daddy Diggle to get a costume. How cute was that look after Felicity mentioned it? Daddy's getting dressed up?

Great scene.

• Love 6

The doctor at the hospital knows that she was alive when Oliver took her to STAR labs,  They could just say the lab scientists worked miracles, like they did on Barry.  I can't think of any reason why she'd need to stay under cover, other than 1. the LP gave her porphyria or 2. they're afraid the LoA might come after her.  In either case, her loft needs good curtains.

I wonder if Laurel is going out with Diggle too.  If she is, what's the reason for not inviting her to dinner?  Plans with Nyssa?

AND FELICITY suggested Diggle get a costume?!?! HALLELUJAH 

"Identity concealment" LOL

That was a sweet scene. It feels like it's been so long since we've had sweet on Arrow.

• Love 1

I wonder if Laurel is going out with Diggle too. If she is, what's the reason for not inviting her to dinner? Plans with Nyssa?

At this point I'm going with no Laurel didn't go out with Diggle because the dialogue in that scene didn't support it.

Barry was in a coma from months. It's been 3 weeks for Thea. Plus Oliver is gone and her being well after being brain dead would make that seem weird.

I'm sad for her since Roy and Oliver are gone. I hope they at least told her Roy's alive :(

• Love 3

Diggle is going out alone?  It's almost irresistible not to snark about having spent the season creating the Black Canary and The ATOM only to have Diggle have to save Starling City on his own.

I'm with Lyla, it's good that he didn't get himself killed.

• Love 9

Barry was in a coma from months. It's been 3 weeks for Thea. Plus Oliver is gone and her being well after being brain dead would make that seem weird.

I guess I just don't see why it would be all that weird. She didn't die. She could claim miraculous recovery - no one's going to believe she was taken to a magical hot tub and revived, and she was in the hospital, so the doctors know she was at one point deathly ill, so it's not like anyone's going to think she was faking it. 

She's not wanted for anything like Malcolm is (and he manages to leave the loft just fine), and the League already knows where she lives so it's not like she's staying there to stay safe. 

I guess they'll make it about her recovery, I just think it's strange. Could be too that she has episodes or something where she goes a bit banana pants. Maybe they keep her inside to minimize the potential for damage. 

Edited by apinknightmare

I think three weeks out from when she was at death's door, she could consider leaving the loft but there's no way she could have left right away and even three weeks is a huge stretch.  Three weeks could maybe have her leave the emergency care of Star Labs and go home but still be weak and fragile.  4-5 weeks would be more reasonable for people to believe she up and around but she'd still have to fake her injury/recovery.  Two months would be my comfort zone of people not questioning her recovery. 

Star Labs can do great things, but even with Barry it took nine months. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2