Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

The trailer is fine, it's not like they have a wealth of shot material to pick from (they're only filming episode 2? 3?) and the opening episode(s) of a season will inevitably have some exposition for new viewers, and for old viewers who might need a recap. One of the big things is the date - tying into the theme of 'Can Oliver just be Oliver' that they've been banging on about.

To divert slightly from the Olicity/Sara stuff, I loved that Diggle got a really angry - really angry - scene with Oliver. While I love the bromance between those two, a bit of conflict is always interesting, plus it's usually mothers who get stick/are banned from dangerous stuff so it's nice to see that standard applied to a dad for a change.

Edited by pootlus
  • Love 8

To divert slightly from the Olicity/Sara stuff, I loved that Diggle got a really angry - really angry - scene with Oliver. While I love the bromance between those two, a bit of conflict is always interesting, plus it's usually mothers who get stick/are banned from dangerous stuff so it's nice to see that standard applied to a dad for a change.

That scene looked so powerful! I'm super excited about how Oliver and Diggle's relationship is going to advance this season, and I truly hope that they get some great storylines together. Just like Oliver, I think that Diggle is also going to go through a 'Where do I fit?' arc (and that's pretty much been confirmed at Comic Con), so I can't wait for the natural conflict that will arise from that.

• Love 4

I like that the conflict seems to be about protecting Diggle since he has a baby now (probably tied to events in Hong Kong). Rather than Oliver being a jerk because he's no longer Diggle's only priority.

• Love 6

Yeah, I think that it's more about Diggle feeling useless than Oliver being annoyed or jealous, which I really think is a great angle to play it from. There's apparently a scene where Diggle is all 'I've been here since the beginning, what can I do', when he's not been delegated a job, and that's really a scene that I'm excited for. I think it'll be really interesting to see Diggle feeling left out, so to speak, because he's played such a vital role before, and I don't think that he's the type to have ever been left out.

And to sort of continue, earlier Colton Haynes was talking about tension in the arrowcave between Roy and Diggle and Felicity. At the time, that was a bit weird for me, because I always thought that Diggle and Felicity quite liked Roy, but now it definitely makes sense. 

• Love 2

I suspect the Roy thing is the not telling him he killed someone - which I hate, but anyway - and when they find out that Mirakuru isn't gone.  I don't mind, I just hope Colton can play it.  He did really well in his last scene with Thea last year, hopefully he can raise his game a bit.

I suspect the Roy thing is the not telling him he killed someone - which I hate, but anyway - and when they find out that Mirakuru isn't gone.  I don't mind, I just hope Colton can play it.  He did really well in his last scene with Thea last year, hopefully he can raise his game a bit.

Colton is always a bit hit and miss for me as Roy. Love Colton but I'm not always sold on the way he portrays Roy tbh. I really want that Mirakuru story gone *sigh* oh well. I think the Roy/Felicity/Diggle interactions have a lot of potential though.

I am super excited to see David playing new sides to Diggle! As much as I love him with Oliver, I'm also really happy he's getting his own stories and they're building his world outside of Oliver. Sounds like he's got some good stuff coming up.

• Love 3

I may or may not have flailed at that trailer.  Damn that's epic.  Roy looks AWESOME in his Arsenal gear.  I may or may not have squee'd a little at Oliver's big doofy grin when he asked Felicity out for dinner.  I loved the argument between Diggle and Oliver (or rather Dig reading him the riot act).  I did not like Laurel's smug  business partner thing.  Bleh. Felicity better not be hurt badly. 

Gah...can.not. wait.

• Love 1

I'm not saying it's not true as far as what TVWatchtower said but she went after a fandom that I was on the edges of last year. She made up lies about the fans and started a very public and personal feud based on those lies, so until I actually hear what SA said, I will be very cautious of taking her word for anything especially since two sources are saying Felicity is his girl this year/Season 3.

• Love 3

Well, this woman certainly stirred the pot:

Tiffany Vogt @TVWatchtower  ·  20m

@(twitter name removed) - Stephen Amell was emphatic that Felicity is the only girl for Oliver from this point forward, forever, not just S3.

Someone asked her if they got it on video, ahaha. Oh fandom. (she says they did)

I have to admit I'm still skeptical of that tweet.  Comments have a way of getting "lost in translation" and it's only the start of season three, but I guess time will tell.

I am thrilled that we may see some conflict between Oliver and Diggle over Diggle's impending fatherhood.  It's a good story and more Diggle is always welcome to me.

I have to admit I'm still skeptical of that tweet.  Comments have a way of getting "lost in translation" and it's only the start of season three, but I guess time will tell.

I am thrilled that we may see some conflict between Oliver and Diggle over Diggle's impending fatherhood.  It's a good story and more Diggle is always welcome to me.

Oh, I am too. I think she probably misheard. She's pretty emphatic about it though, bless her if she can't come up with those receipts.

• Love 2

Well, this woman certainly stirred the pot:

Someone asked her if they got it on video, ahaha. Oh fandom. (she says they did)

GreenArrowTV said they'd be posting video in a couple of days. Guess we shall see lol. But really if they want to tell/focus on their comic story, the best thing they can do is just pick a direction with Oliver's love life and stick with it. It's the constant angst of changing directions/sister swapping/will they/won't they that's causing the drama, and it's truly unnecessary for this type of show. I prefer Olicity at the moment because I grew weary of the Laurel drama in S1 and then Sara brought an ick factor to the scenario in S2, but just pick one already. Seriously, I can't imagine DC gives a rip about OTPs in the end, especially not with an on-and-off couple like Oliver and Dinah.

• Love 2

So, per the IGN interview with Stephen, Katie and MG, we know:

1. Laurel and Sara have a meeting on a rooftop in the premiere that's very sisterly - and something about it gets Laurel started down her path (can't remember the exact wording)

2. Sara plays a big part this season - a lot of things in the long arc happen around or because of Sara (LoA, I guess, and she better not die)

I heard she was a DiD on the rooftop. Not sure if that's true.

Seriously? If they wanted to use something like that as motivation for her to fight, she should've started training twelve kidnappings ago.

I hope that isn't true, LOL

• Love 4
(edited)

I guess that means the big bad is Ra's al Ghul and the LOA. 

Laurel still has no real motivation to be a hero besides "I want what you have! While I'm constantly damseled" Great job with the journey Arrow EP's! That will be an epic super hero origin story for the ages. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2
(edited)

Seriously? If they wanted to use something like that as motivation for her to fight, she should've started training twelve kidnappings ago.

I hope that isn't true, LOL

Honestly, it's very confusing. one person said they mentioned DiD in the IGN Interview another said no. I didn't watch so I'm going by what's being reported by others. Edited by Morrigan2575

I hope Oliver isn't in that rooftop scene with Sara and Laurel. Actually, I hope he's never in a scene with both of them, it's just awkward lol

I'm all for staying away from any potential "That's not how your sister does it" conversations.

• Love 3

Honestly, it's very confusing. one person said they mentioned DiD in the IGN Interview another said no. I didn't watch so I'm going by what's being reported by others.

Oh. They didn't mention any DiD in the IGN interview.

The new Arrow big bad is going to be announced today at the WB panel. I guess this is the villain (the big DC character) that is going to appear in the second half and , my speculation, continue as villain throughout season 4 too.( You just can't have Ra's only for half a Season, his character will be the biggest character ever on Arrow, if he appears)

The new Arrow big bad is going to be announced today at the WB panel. I guess this is the villain (the big DC character) that is going to appear in the second half and , my speculation, continue as villain throughout season 4 too.( You just can't have Ra's only for half a Season, his character will be the biggest character ever on Arrow, if he appears)

Are they announcing who's playing him too?

If I hear Oded Fehr, I might fall out.

• Love 2

Ok, that is hands down the most distressing interview yet. NO SALMON LADDER?  Oliver, Oliver. I support you and Felicity. Truly I do. BUT TURNING YOUR BACK ON YOUR TRUE LOVE?  This is not healthy. And by not healthy, I mean, not healthy FOR ME. 

GULP. 

• Love 7

Ok, that is hands down the most distressing interview yet. NO SALMON LADDER?  Oliver, Oliver. I support you and Felicity. Truly I do. BUT TURNING YOUR BACK ON YOUR TRUE LOVE?  This is not healthy. And by not healthy, I mean, not healthy FOR ME. 

GULP. 

This is what happens when Felicity becomes his one and only for S3!

• Love 2

Heh, Amell is so funny.

Poor Colton really was looking as if he was trying to be polite and answer the question without giving anything away (which is fair enough, it's probably what he's been told to do).

I do notice how more experienced actors like Stephen can deflect potential spoilery questions and divert interviewers onto other topics with humour, whereas younger or more inexperienced ones are more likely to umm and ahh and try and answer/not answer the question.

We're rapidly running out of 'tonight' so I wonder when the announcement is going to be.

On a non-spoilery note, if they consistently keep the cast up this late, no wonder poor Amell needs an IV every fortnight (presumably it has vitamins and glucose etc!).

• Love 2