Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I don't get why Ray is even there. Because he's rich? This is so lame.

He's there so they can set up the ATOM/Arrow confrontation later in the episode. It's so stupid and contrived But they are writing for the plot and probably because they want a dramatic confrontation.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

Palmer is unpopular.  We get it.  This is the spoiler discussion thread, not the "I hate Palmer Thread" (although sometimes I wonder if we should make one).  

If you have nothing new to add to the "Palmer is an unwelcome varmint in these here parts," then move on and discuss other spoilers too, (because TPTB certainly love to tease people into hysteria, if they can).

And it makes the thread from becoming static.

Deep Breath, everyone.  82 minutes to the new episode.  Let the countdown commence!

• Love 2

I thought people usually took photos before the wedding?

All of the weddings I've been to have had photos taken after, because of the whole "bad luck to see the bride before the wedding" thing. Unless he meant groomsmen photos, in which case couldn't they just get them after the ceremony when Diggle and Lyla would have theirs taken? 

Also, why do I care? 

• Love 1

I've been at several weddings where the photos were done before, and not recently either. I don't think it's new. If you're not particular about the bride and groom seeing each other before the wedding, it helps in not having your guests waiting around forever for the wedding party to show up at the reception.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

I've been at several weddings where the photos were done before, and not recently either. I don't think it's new. If you're not particular about the bride and groom seeing each other before the wedding, it helps in not having your guests waiting around forever for the wedding party to show up at the reception.

Huh. I need to go to more weddings! Although usually I'd be at the bar getting myself nice and situated while people were taking photos. I figure Diggle and Lyla wouldn't be worried about superstition, it just seemed a bit odd to me.

Oh, hey, @MostlyC, as someone who doesn't speak English in real life, "varmint" is a new word for me, I appreciate that!

Here the custom is pictures after the ceremony, but before the reception, yes.

So, Diggle and Lyla go from the wedding to the Arrow cave, and then Deadshot crashes their limo ride to the airport? They won't get a single minute of actual honeymoon, will they?

• Love 1
Palmer is unpopular.  We get it.  This is the spoiler discussion thread, not the "I hate Palmer Thread" (although sometimes I wonder if we should make one).

Maybe there should be one because I cant go anywhere on this board without bumbing into Palmer hate.  While we are at that an "I hate Laurel guts and warts" thread would be much more needed too.

Does it undermine Olicity? I don't think so because this is a separate issue. Felicity being with Ray has no effect on Felicity's feelings for Oliver and the friendship they built over the past two seasons.

Exactly. And vice versa, the relationships are between 2 people not 3.

I don't think people realize its not going to be as simple as Felicity sides with one man. She is going to get into it with both Oliver and Ray. I personally am looking forward to both confrontations. I want to watch Felicity rip into Ray for going after Arrow. And I want Felicity to call Oliver out.

ITA, this show isnt only written for 2 people (Oliver/Felicity), they  have a whole cast of characters/actors that they have to serve. Ray/Felicity need to have a legitimate chance and screentime  for Emily/Felicity, Brandon/Ray not just what helps Oliver/Stephen or Olicity. Their relationship have an independent component on its own. 

Edited by Conell

Also, Oliver in suspenders with a loose bow tie around his neck? No words can describe how hot that is.

1IJvYvW.gif4F0K1N1.gif

(No words.)

OK, a few words. Hard to believe that there was a time when I'd look at him and think, "Meh." Including the two times I saw him in person. (one of which was in an elevator.)

Edited by dcinmb

Of course, Oliver has to ask Ray for help. How did Oliver fight crime without all this help before? I suppose his skill, drive, and innovation were just flukes. Can Barry go forward in time so I can skip all this crap?

• Love 12

Why do you think so? I could use some optimism right now

Because it's OLIVER who has to ask and not Felicity trying to make both of them love each other and interact and be bros. It makes sense in my head lmao. I'm just desperate basically. I don't need Ray ruining Felicity anymore than he already has

Oh no, I forgot that 3x19 was supposed to be a big Ray episode. And he's probably in the spotlight in Flash 1x18 too.

After tonight's travesty, I don't think I can take any more Ray ass kissing, so that'll be two episodes I'm going to pass on completely.

So, I'm guessing Oliver has to lie low in 3x19 because he gets arrested in 3x18 and the team breaks him out of jail, so he can't be seen? Maybe that's the thing Laurel does that's "going pretty far" or whatever MG said - she lets him out. Not that she should technically be able to do that, but...this show.

Another reason why Felicity and Ray might break up in episode 18: 

A group dinner with Barry, Felicity, Ray, Iris (Candice Patton) and Eddie (Rick Cosnett) turns into a disaster. - Flash episode synopsis

Group dinner. Not double date. ;) 

• Love 4

Well, they couldn't call it a double date since Barry's fifth wheeling it. 

But I like your theory better, haha.

• Love 4

Felicity and Thea. Right next to each other. No words. 

I want fireworks when they actually interact!

To be fair, the wedding was literally 2 seconds long :p 

Well, they couldn't call it a double date since Barry's fifth wheeling it. 

But I like your theory better, haha.

OPTIMISM! 

I like the way you think! :)

Still not going to watch that episode of The Flash, though :P

I like the way you think! :)

Still not going to watch that episode of The Flash, though :P

Oh yeah no chance in hell am I watching that :p But I still hope it's a group outing and not a double date. 

But, but, but, Ray is going to get injured saving Felicity's life next episode. She can't break up with him after that!

That explains her hanging around the hospital all episode 18 -- guilt.  All his distrust of her and not telling her about the suit will be forgotten.

I don't think she'll break up with him that soon, although after Suicide Tendencies she should.  Sara got with Oliver in 2x13 and broke up with him in 2x19.  By that, Felicity should be with Ray until 3x20 at least.

That explains her hanging around the hospital all episode 18 -- guilt.  All his distrust of her and not telling her about the suit will be forgotten.

Sadly, it already was forgotten.

I don't think she'll break up with him that soon, although after Suicide Tendencies she should.  Sara got with Oliver in 2x13 and broke up with him in 2x19.  By that, Felicity should be with Ray until 3x20 at least.

Please no.

• Love 1

Well, now we know why the timeline is messed up, and why Ray's in the hospital.

It might be that I'm still half asleep, but I'm confused. If Ray is going to get injured at the beginning of 318, that supposedly picks up right were we left, I don't understand how they were meant to go to CC between this episode and the next?
  • Love 1

It might be that I'm still half asleep, but I'm confused. If Ray is going to get injured at the beginning of 318, that supposedly picks up right were we left, I don't understand how they were meant to go to CC between this episode and the next?

You aren't alone. I can't figure it out either. Doesn't the timeline work better this way?

Maybe they tweaked the script of Arrow 317, too? Perhaps the scene at the end was supposed to be the beginning of next episode, and the ending scene might have been something else. I don't know. I'm not looking forward to it either way, haha.

^It would make this big Olicity moment in 3x20 kind of icky, that's for sure. 

But the big moment could just be an emotional good-bye between Oliver and Felicity, couldn't it? Given the direction of the last two episodes, they could still be pushing the idea that Felicity thinks of him as one of her best friends, not a romantic interest. Oliver, knowing that he's leaving forever for the LoA, won't be so cruel as to dangle another "I love you" this time, and tells her to be happy and go on with her life, leaving her in the clear to go re-enact the Superman-Lois flying scene with Ray in 3x21, explaining the "Love is in the air" tweet by EBR. (I really don't think MG and these writers would pass up a chance to blatantly rip off an iconic Superman scene when they have actual Superman in their sweaty fanboy hands.)

• Love 1

But the big moment could just be an emotional good-bye between Oliver and Felicity, couldn't it? Given the direction of the last two episodes, they could still be pushing the idea that Felicity thinks of him as one of her best friends, not a romantic interest. Oliver, knowing that he's leaving forever for the LoA, won't be so cruel as to dangle another "I love you" this time, and tells her to be happy and go on with her life, leaving her in the clear to go re-enact the Superman-Lois flying scene with Ray in 3x21, explaining the "Love is in the air" tweet by EBR. (I really don't think MG and these writers would pass up a chance to blatantly rip off an iconic Superman scene when they have actual Superman in their sweaty fanboy hands.)

Given the way this show has gone this season, the 3x20 moment being an emotional goodbye wouldn't surprise me. But I really, really don't think that SA with his shipper tendencies and knowledge of the fanbase would tease that moment as his favorite of the season, his favorite O/F scene, and write "Remember 3x20" on someone's script pages if it wasn't legit. 

I mean, maybe color me disappointed at this time however many weeks from now, but I still have hope.

• Love 1

Given the way this show has gone this season, the 3x20 moment being an emotional goodbye wouldn't surprise me. But I really, really don't think that SA with his shipper tendencies and knowledge of the fanbase would tease that moment as his favorite of the season, his favorite O/F scene, and write "Remember 3x20" on someone's script pages if it wasn't legit. 

I mean, maybe color me disappointed at this time however many weeks from now, but I still have hope.

You and @wonderwall are so good at trying to remain optimistic; I'm sorry I'm being such a downer. The closer we get to the end of the season without seemingly making any progress, the more handwring-y I get.

• Love 1

You and @wonderwall are so good at trying to remain optimistic; I'm sorry I'm being such a downer. The closer we get to the end of the season without seemingly making any progress, the more handwring-y I get.

I'm being optimistic against all logic, haha.

In all honesty, I don't really see where any of this is going, but I don't think it's anywhere good.

• Love 2

I'm only optimistic because I'm ready to write this season off and pretend like it never happened lmao All I care about right now isn't the journey but where it ends this season. 

The only things that interest me now are Diggle/Oliver/Felicity/Olicity. That's it. I think that Felicity's character has suffered due to heavy propping, Oliver's character has suffered due to plot, and Diggle has suffered due to being sidelined for plot and propping. That being said, I still adore the characters and I don't think that will ever really change. Will I side eye them once in a while? Sure. But in the end, when Palmer goes away and Laurel is done needing propping, that's when we'll see the characters we know and love again. I only feel this because MG has been writing the comics rather well and the characters are so in character that I'm sure we'll get back to that at one point.

As for Olicity, yeah the reason why they're apart seems so contrived which is actually a good thing. It shows that the characters are meant to be together but the writers are stubborn. Once they are together though, I don't think there is a force in this world that could actually break them up unless one of them dies (knock on wood). Taking away all the other crap and just looking at Olicity alone, their scenes have been pretty good since Oliver's return. The reason why they were apart weren't contrived. So there was that underlying tension. Now we're watching them trying to patch up their broken relationship. Oliver is being gracious and Felicity is just really happy to have Oliver back in her life to some extent. I kind of side eyed Felicity for that kiss at the end, but then again, maybe it'll show Oliver what he's missing out on and will help him get his head out of his ass. 

Everything messy happened this season simultaneously. I just hope that the writers learn from said mistakes. Like I said. I'm ready to forget this season happened and I'm waiting to see where the show is heading in season 4. 

• Love 5
The only things that interest me now are Diggle/Oliver/Felicity/Olicity. That's it.

I like what they've done with Thea this season, and how they are writing Roy,and Dyla is fun. But generally I agree, Diggle/Oliver/Felicity/Olicity are what keep me watching this show.

Now I just want to tear through the episodes, like ripping a band-aid off, to find out what happens at the end. Not because I want to see it unfold, I just want to know what happens.  I still think Olicity is endgame at the moment, I just fear what they will do to Felicity in the meantime.

• Love 4

In this week's episode, I saw a few small movements toward a future Oliver & Laurel hookup - more friendly talking, Oliver putting his hand on Laurel's shoulder, Laurel protecting Oliver against Ray and Quentin.  Then there's the spoiler about Laurel going far for Oliver in a future episode.  I really do think that MG wants to reunite them in the future, so he's slowly putting down building blocks towards a future relationship.  I really hope not, but these EPs could be considering this for season 5.

• Love 3

The owner of this script page tweeted remember 3.20 last night.  She allegedly has some other information about the episode that she promised (SA maybe?) she wouldn't tell people until after it airs.

• Love 1