Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

And yet, MG keeps saying we'll be surprised by Oliver's decision. Someone should send him the Inigo Montoya "I do not think it means what you think it means" meme.

I'd be surprised if he said yes (I mean, I'm not surprised he'd think about it, but I'm surprised he'd actually do it). Which I guess maybe he will and then try to get out of? 

Edited by apinknightmare

Well, they do have Marc Singer -- it's the Andre Norton magic connection.

Why do they need Oliver Queen when they have magic in the universe.  Someone, anyone, put some boundaries on these people.

I bet he'll just be resigned to Felicity being with Ray, and never mention anything to her about it, much less give her an ultimatum.

Yes.  Because that's the very definition of soap opera, people who could settle everything up nicely if they would only talk but they never do.

• Love 3

From the MG interview with SuperHeroHype (posted in the Media thread here):

SHH: What’s coming up in the rest of Arrow Season 3?

Guggenheim: Absolutely nothing I can talk about. It’s crazy. Episodes 16 to 23, the last seven episodes, are like nothing but spoiler after spoiler after spoiler. It’s really weird to come here to talk about the show without spoiling anything. We have the Suicide Squad coming, more Ra’s al Ghul than you’ve seen on the show thus far. You’re gonna see more of Nanda Parbat than you’ve seen thus far. Ray is going to be seriously, if not mortally wounded. The return of Donna Smoak, Felicity’s mom, more information about HIVE… There’s a lot up our sleeves.

Maybe Ray is the one who gets LPed?

I still kinda think that the whole Oliver becoming the new Ra's storyline is just a plot device to get Oliver access to the LP - so that he can become an enhanced being, in order to compete more effectively in this new super-powered universe of metahumans and magic.

SHH: Ray, AKA The Atom, is possibly headlining his own DC Superhero Team-up show on The CW. So you can understand why people might think that Felicity has one foot out the door.

Guggenheim: I guess that’s true. I would say just keep watching. There’s long distance relationships.

That last sentence sounds like Felicity & Ray will still be together at the start of season 4 and that Felicity may be crossing over to the spin-off next season (I guess, to help launch that new show as well).

Edited by tv echo

I'd be surprised if he said yes (I mean, I'm not surprised he'd think about it, but I'm surprised he'd actually do it). Which I guess maybe he will and then try to get out of?

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he said yes (although you're right, he probably won't go through with it). As @wonderwall pointed out, Oliver has been isolated from everyone since he's come back. He doesn't feel like he's made a difference in his city and he thinks it doesn't even need him anymore, so why not take an opportunity to run the LoA and maybe turn it into a force for good?
  • Love 4

Maybe Ray is the one who gets LPed?

I still kinda think that the whole Oliver becoming the new Ra's storyline is just a plot device to get Oliver access to the LP - so that he can become an enhanced being, in order to compete more effectively in this new super-powered universe of metahumans and magic.

That last sentence sounds like Felicity may be crossing over to the spin-off next season (I guess, to help launch that new show as well).

Honestly wouldn't be surprised.  CL said at her Chicago con that DC wants a shared universe.  No doubt there will be a lot of crossovers between all 3 shows.

Ray, the character who needs it the least, getting LP'd?  Yeah, that sounds about right.

It's interesting that MG holds out this list of Really  Cool Things coming up on the show but it seems like he has no idea of why people are complaining about it this season. It's like they're bringing out all the stops with a grand triumphal march from Aida, including the elephants and torches, when all many of us want in a tune we can enjoy.

He doesn't feel like he's made a difference in his city and he thinks it doesn't even need him anymore, so why not take an opportunity to run the LoA and maybe turn it into a force for good?

It would be stupid if they made that the reason he accepts the offer because all he needs to do is talk to Diggle and Felicity and they'd talk him out of it. In fact, Diggle did that in s1 and Felicity did it in the clock tower in s2. Why do we have to keep going over the same old ground at the same time every season?

• Love 4

He's in the hospital in 3x18 but it sounds like he's up and running in 3x19, which is the episode in which someone dies.  I can't see Felicity leaving him to go off with Oliver when Ray is that sick, and it sounds like the Nanda Parbat episode is 3x20.  That's two weeks between Ray being in the hospital and the trip to Nanda Parbat.

I thought we already knew that Ray got seriously wounded? Isn't that why he's in the hospital?

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he said yes (although you're right, he probably won't go through with it). As @wonderwall pointed out, Oliver has been isolated from everyone since he's come back. He doesn't feel like he's made a difference in his city and he thinks it doesn't even need him anymore, so why not take an opportunity to run the LoA and maybe turn it into a force for good?

I mean, there's always going to be someone who isn't surprised - he either says yes or says no, we've got a 50/50 shot at being right. But most people on the comments sections I've looked at seem to think it's stupid they're even having him consider it, because obviously he'll say no. I'd say that would probably be the public's general consensus too. So maybe he does say yes. 

Then, people might be surprised if he turned Ra's down, too. I honestly don't know what he's going to do, which says something, I guess. 

Edited by apinknightmare

He's in the hospital in 3x18 but it sounds like he's up and running in 3x19, which is the episode in which someone dies.  I can't see Felicity leaving him to go off with Oliver when Ray is that sick, and it sounds like the Nanda Parbat episode is 3x20.  That's two weeks between Ray being in the hospital and the trip to Nanda Parbat.

Anything's possible, but I don't think MG's comment means anything at all about Ray getting LPed. Of course he's going to say seriously or mortally wounded, because they want there to be some kind of suspense about whether or not Ray makes it out of the hospital. 

• Love 1

I doubt Ray will be mortally wounded if 3x19 is supposed to be his episode and he ends up in the hospital in 3x18. Maybe he gets wounded every single episode. Because he ist that much of an amateur.

At this point, I I don't know why Oliver would not accept the offer. Nothing is holding him back. Really nothing. Maybe Thea but not really anymore either.

And I hope for everyone's sake that Ray and Felicity will not last until the beginning of S4. Where is Ray even going? For that to be a long distance relationship he'd have to be away. On second thought, I could live with this, since it basically means that he is gone from my screen.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don't understand.  He's in the hospital in 318, in 118 (following week) he's in CC and, in 319 he's fighting Deathbolt.  Ray isn't getting LPd in 319 or 320 unless he gets mortally wounded (again) in 319, which seems massively unlikely.

I'm curious, have people totally ruled Sara out as the LP?  We know from AJK's PaleyFest interview that we'd have an answer by Spring regarding CL/Sara, which sounds like they're going to answer it around 20-23 either on Arrow (LP) or Flash (AU).  Yet it seems that people are saying, everyone but Sara as the person being LP'd.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I don't understand.  He's in the hospital in 318, in 118 (following week) he's in SC with Cisco and in 319 he's fighting Deathbolt.  Ray isn't getting LPd in 319 or 320 unless he gets mortally wounded (again) in 319, which seems massively unlikely.

That's what I meant. The timing is wrong for Ray to be getting LP'd.  The trip to Nanda Parbat makes more sense to get Sara LP'd, plus it would give Oliver a very good reason for accepting Ra's offer.

At this point, I I don't know why Oliver would not accept the offer. Nothing is holding him back. Really nothing. Maybe Thea but not really anymore either.

His crusade was about saving Starling City, and given how incompetent they were when he was "dead", they still need him.

Also, when you don't believe in killing, becoming the head of a group of assassins is not the smartest idea in the world.  He may order them to stop killing, but first chance they get, someone is going to take him out.

• Love 1
(edited)

I guess MG was just throwing out a red herring.

How is MG throwing out a Red Herring?  

That's what I meant. The timing is wrong for Ray to be getting LP'd.  The trip to Nanda Parbat makes more sense to get Sara LP'd, plus it would give Oliver a very good reason for accepting Ra's offer.

Gotcha, thanks!

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

That last sentence sounds like Felicity & Ray will still be together at the start of season 4 and that Felicity may be crossing over to the spin-off next season (I guess, to help launch that new show as well).

Felicity and Ray breaking up was something that I was really looking forward seeing by the end of the season. So thanks for nothing, MG. I can't believe he'd be so deluded that he thinks Raylicity is going to get people interested in watching the spinoff.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

I'm curious, have people totally ruled Sara out as the LP?  We know from AJK's PaleyFest interview that we'd have an answer by Spring regarding CL/Sara, which sounds like they're going to answer it around 20-23 either on Arrow (LP) or Flash (AU).  Yet it seems that people are saying, everyone but Sara as the person being LP'd.

I wonder if Sara will already BE LPed, and we'll see her alive in Nanda Parbat as a "surprise."

Or something. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

I don't think Ray & Felicity will be together at the end of S3.  MG isn't going to come out and say Oliver & Felicity will be together by the end of S3 either.  He's probably not going to say that Oliver will fight for Olicity.  Felicity's identity crisis is about "which guy is she going to be with" (eyeroll).  I think the fact that she's not leaving Arrow and Ray is answers that question.  All that said, I think MG had to answer the question in some manor.  His final answer of keep watching probably says more.

I think Felicity & Ray will break up amicably and she will be the point of contact with the crossovers much like she has been with the Flash.  She's even introducing Ray to The Flash world in 1.19. 

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 4

I wonder if Sara will already BE LPed, and we'll see her alive in Nanda Parbat as a "surprise."

Or something. 

Hahah, that would be shocking.  Gang shows up in Nanda Parbat and Sara walks out for behind a curtain...dun dun dun

• Love 2

Felicity and Ray breaking up was something that I really looking forward seeing by the end of the season. So thanks for nothing, MG. I can't believe he'd be so deluded that he thinks Raylicity is going to get people interested in watching the spinoff.

I think that as of the time that interview was published that Ray and Felicity are together and there's no way he's going to end shipper suffering that early, so he's playing like they're going to stay together, even though they probably aren't. 

• Love 3

How is MG throwing out a Red Herring?  

MG saying that Ray is seriously if not mortally wounded was a misleading clue because it insinuated that Ray could die.

From the Spoilers:

Amell also says that in addition to the job offer, Oliver is dealing with hurt pride over losing the duel to Ra's. That could complicate negotiations.

"There is a prideful part of him that can't totally take losing," says Amell. "That's not just going to go away because he got a job offer."

This also makes me think that Oliver is the one who is LPed.  Ra's uses the LP on a regular basis, not just to heal wounds.  Ra's could tell Oliver about the LP as being a benefit of becoming Ra's, and Oliver would be tempted by the idea that using the LP would make it harder for anyone to beat him in the future.

I can imagine the EPs sitting around talking about their plans for the shared universe of multiple superhero shows and how the Arrow is going to fit in when all these other superheroes and villains have more than physical training, archery skills and trick arrows.

That "long distance relationships" comment by MG could also be a misleading comment to throw people off of thinking that Ray & Felicity will break up this season.  I don't really know.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

His crusade was about saving Starling City, and given how incompetent they were when he was "dead", they still need him.

Also, when you don't believe in killing, becoming the head of a group of assassins is not the smartest idea in the world.  He may order them to stop killing, but first chance they get, someone is going to take him out.

The problem with this is you're using logic which, it seems, is a big no-no this season

• Love 8

Exactly.  Becoming Ra's is one thing.  Staying Ra's is another.  The new Ra's will have to be able to defeat all challengers.

I'm betting that Oliver does take the offer.  (In the Arrow universe, IQ apparently stands for Idiot Queen.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5
(edited)

Exactly.  Becoming Ra's is one thing.  Staying Ra's is another.  The new Ra's will have to be able to defeat all challengers.

I'm betting that Oliver does take the offer.  (In the Arrow universe, IQ apparently stands for Idiot Queen.)

I pulled this from the article in the spoiler thread

"The League operates the way that Ra's wants it to operate — whoever Ra's is. So if you want them to stop killing, they stop killing," Amell says. "Whether or not that's true, remains to be seen. I would say Ra's in the beginning of episode 16, makes a pretty good sales pitch."

So it is possible that Oliver takes the offer because he thinks once he's Ra's the LOA will stop killing and start saving people...which seems dumb.  However, that could in fact be the grassroots change for S4.  The LOA is now League of Arrow, with everyone (Team Arrow) hanging out in Nanda Parbat, that would certainly count as a game changer, jump the shark and change at a grassroots level, IMO.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Regarding Oliver accepting the offer, in 3.01 Oliver said that he chose to return to Starling, the reason, to stop the undertaking, is now moot. I don't think he returned for Thea or Moira, and he knew Thea was on a bad path already.

The speech Felicity used to pick up Oliver in 2.22 is not so inspiring with hindsight. As for her being a factor as long as he doesn't know Ray is the Atom I can see Oliver bowing out, but Ray being the Atom, it may mess with his martyr complex.

And there has been A LOT of loss for Oliver understand why he is down and reconsidering his mission.

I can see Oliver, who likes to compartmentalise his feelings, making the choice to accept the offer.

Oliver is irrationally freaked out that there is someone out there better than him someone who can beat him, taking over from Ra's eliminates this threat. Avoiding future challenges as pointed out by Others here will be an issue. The only way to neutralise the LOA is get Nyssa to run it (as much as I wish Nyssa becomes a regular next year) or accept Ra's offer in some future date and have it hanging over his head. Like being a part of the Bratva.

I don't think Oliver will accept unless it is to LP Felicity someone, I seem to been insanely optimistic about this show turning things around.

There was something about Oliver and Diggle relationship change. I think/hope the relationship change between Oliver and Diggle will be Oliver working for Diggle and non an adversarial change. 

As for magic in Arrow mysticism....maybe, full on Constantine magic, no thanks. But if this is the case maybe Shado is really Shado and not a twin. Maybe Lian Yu has a Lazarus Pit and her body was dumped in it. Also the maybe the magic island herbs grown near the Lazareth pit hence there healing properties and Oliver's not dying in 3.09. 

Apologies for all the "maybes" I'm worse than Oliver. *hangs head*

I hope not. That would put me off the show as fast as any of the other issues going right now. Not here for Arrow: the Supernatural edition.

Now....if it gets the Winchesters on screen next to Oliver....eh...I could live with that...just sayin'

• Love 2

I am trying to be optimistic about 3.20-3.23.

So for 3.21 I am going with "Amalgam" -  a mixture or blend.   Oliver starts to figure out how to blend Oliver and Arrow the human being together.  The Billy Joel song used by MG to describe the episode is "The Stranger" which IIRC is about someone/something inside of you. 

I know they like to regress Oliver but usually that is mid-season.  He usually gets his act together by the end of each season.  I can't see me coming back for S4 if they end the season with him a villain.  Isn't he supposed to be getting darker in the flashbacks (which I haven't seen yet) as he attempts to hold on to his humanity in the present day?

Amalgam also gained some momentum on my list because I believe JB used it in his PaleyFest interview. It would be like him to casually use a world like amalgam in an interview to drop subtle spoilers. He used it in reference to MM working out the 3 identities that are plaguing him so this could be his great end of season episode.

So we might really be talking Angel - when Angel's group joined the evil Wolfram & Hart in order to change it from the inside?

I wouldn't put it past them since pre S3, all they talked about was Angel and Buffy (shows) and how much the EPs were inspired by the shows.

• Love 1

Remember that Vixen is also part of this shared universe (albeit in animated form) and that MG is in charge of Vixen.  "Vixen will have  a 'big magic component'; something not previously explored on either Arrow or Flash."  (source)  Remember also that MG had said that Oliver will find out that Felicity kissed Barry in the Vixen series.  So I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to drive viewers to watch Vixen on the CW Seed by including a significant Arrow-related scene in that animated series.  

SA also said at Planet Comicon that he's already done about 8 minutes' worth of voice work for Vixen

Edited by tv echo

He did say that, and I hope he sticks to it. But then again, he's the one who said that Felicity sleeping with Ray would factor in. 

I'm wondering - what exactly does Oliver think is going on between Ray and Felicity? He saw them kissing, and when someone on Tumblr asked MG if Oliver thought Ray and Felicity were dating (or had feelings for each other, I can't remember), he replied with something like, "No, he just thinks Ray was cleaning something out of her teeth." So, yes. He did think that. In the Flash ep of the crossover, he seems to confirm it when he tells Barry he needs to let go of Iris and looks longingly over at Felicity. In 3x09 he tells her he loves her but keeps it relatively chaste with a kiss to the forehead. 

Then when he comes back Felicity tells him she fantasized about him doing things differently when he came back. "Things between us, you mean," was his reply, so...did he think she broke up with Ray, or? I guess I just don't get how her romantic status change with Ray factors in since it seems like he thought they were together already anyway? 

I think his "t btwn u & me" was a direct challenge for her to admit how she actually felt about him. Im not trying to take his side, but FS has said and done very little since ep1 to prove or indicate that she wants a romantic relationship with OQ. I mean its obvious to people around her, but OQ is a man that acts in black & white when it comes to relationships he cares about. And right now its pretty black & white how she feels about him, and has balantly told him & showed him she was not an option. So even though he loves FS, that is not enough for FS at the moment in his mind. He gave her an opportunity to admit how she felt and she made it clear that she was out. I think he'll see her in a stable relationship as an accomplishment that he pushed her away & she found happiness. I think her w/ RP will give him piece of mind to move fwd w/ Ras. Even if it goes against any greater logic or positive character growth, OQ will not see FS in a romantic relationship as inspiration for him to finally fight for her. He will see it as her being happy & him being free to do what needs to be done for the greater good. Now if she finally fights for him romantically, well then gameover we got a different ballgame going on & then I do feel bad for RP.

BTW, I think this manpain is bullshit, and would love for OQ to finally come to terms that it is ok for him to be happy and for him to fight for that happiness. Realistically, I just don't see my wishes or desires coming true this season & certainly not before 20.

• Love 2

I just watched The Flash's PaleyFest trailer (posted in the Spoilers thread) and it looks like Laurel & Quentin also cross over to that show, along with Ray & Felicity.  In fact, their trailer includes the scene where Laurel tells Cisco she's the BC and he tells her ILY.  So it looks like that scene does take place in Central City... which revives the speculation as to why Laurel & Quentin would go out of their jurisdiction to Central City.

Edited by tv echo

I saw an article where it was clarified that the Cisco LL interaction was during Joe and Cisco's crossover to the Arrow. As for why it was on the Flash promo, I got no idea but it makes about as much sense as anything else this season (Sorry, i'm sounding like such a Debbie Downer) 

I just watched The Flash's PaleyFest trailer (posted in the Spoilers thread) and it looks like Laurel & Quentin also cross over to that show, along with Ray & Felicity.  In fact, their trailer includes the scene where Laurel tells Cisco she's the BC and he tells her ILY.  So it looks like that scene does take place in Central City... which revives the speculation as to why Laurel & Quentin would go out of their jurisdiction to Central City.

Quentin definitely goes to CC, but unless they're repurposing a set, Cisco and Laurel are in the SC DA's office.

Also, upon watching that clip, it seems like Cisco's "I love you," is either not part of her BC reveal or to placate her about something else. It doesn't seem like a genuine "I love the Black Canary," although he probably does, haha. 

Edited by apinknightmare

So we might really be talking Angel - when Angel's group joined the evil Wolfram & Hart in order to change it from the inside?

I've said it before, but if this show just dumped all the shit they've piled on this season, cut most of the secondary characters and focused on Oliver trying to turn the League of Assassins into the League of Tortured But Ultimately Noble Crusaders, I'd watch. Even if Felicity was left behind polishing her boyfriend's suit for him.

And of course Oliver will choose to become Ra's Ollie Ghul. His life is shit. What does he have going for him (whether it's his own fault or not)? Felicity is moving on, Diggle is settling down, there are other super awesome masked heroes who can do his job without having gone through half of what he has. Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade and realise it's time for a new start. Plus, being in the LoA would mean he could wear black and write that doom poetry of his all the time, what with the minions out there doing the hard work.

• Love 5

I'm massively confused, TV Line Update their article to say that the Cisco/Laurel scene is from Cisco/Quentin crossing over to Arrow.  However AJK gave DocBrown (I think) a red carpet interview saying Ray/Felcity and Laurel/Lance go to Flash and A Flash character comes to Arrow.  However, we know that Cisco and Joe come to Arrow so I wonder if he's confused about the whole thing too?  LOL

• Love 1

One of the reasons I think it's just confusion is because didn't the Flash people post when EBR and BR and then later PB were on the set? Why wouldn't they have done the same for KC if she was crossing over too? Why wouldn't anyone have mentioned it?

I know, I know, haha. 

• Love 4

The video montage that includes the Cisco/Laurel scene follows the "This season on The Flash" title.  So why would they include an Arrow scene in the Flash montage?  People who only watch The Flash and not Arrow will be expecting to see that scene in The Flash.

Edited by tv echo

One of the reasons I think it's just confusion is because didn't the Flash people post when EBR and BR and then later PB were on the set? Why wouldn't they have done the same for KC if she was crossing over too? Why wouldn't anyone have mentioned it?

I know, I know, haha. 

Not to mention KC.  She was talking about the EP's pitching a crossover to her way back while filming 309.  I'm surprised she wasn't posting pictures about going over to Flash.  I guess we'll find out soon enough, Flash's 119 episode description should come out next week.  

• Love 1

I'm guessing the only reason that part with Laurel and Cisco is on the Flash trailer is because it makes sense there, tonally. In the depression of the Arrow trailer it would have been really out of place, but they had to pimp Laur-errr no, the crossover.

The video montage that includes the Cisco/Laurel scene follows the "This season on The Flash" title. So why would they include an Arrow scene in the Flash montage? People who only watch The Flash and not Arrow will be expecting to see that scene in The Flash.

They announced everyone crossing over BUT her. It's weird either way.

So...is Laurel on The Flash, but still in Starling City then? So maybe they were both on the Arrow set even though they're using that scene in The Flash. I don't know why they'd stick that in The Flash trailer if it wasn't going to be in that show...

So...is Laurel on The Flash, but still in Starling City then? So maybe they were both on the Arrow set even though they're using that scene in The Flash. I don't know why they'd stick that in The Flash trailer if it wasn't going to be in that show...

Could be. Maybe they're using some of Joe and Cisco's scenes for Flash purposes since she is saying she knows Barry's secret. I can't imagine what that would matter, but that would make sense. 

I'm disappointed if Sara doesn't get LP'd this season.  It's the one thing that would make sense of Oliver taking the job.  Also, is she going to stay in the ground for all that time, and then dug up more than a year after she was buried?  Ewww.

Maybe they put Laurel on the Flash trailer because they wanted the Flash audience to watch the Arrow episode where Cisco and Joe cross over?  The Arrow audience would be watching it anyway.

So it is possible that Oliver takes the offer because he thinks once he's Ra's the LOA will stop killing and start saving people...which seems dumb.  However, that could in fact be the grassroots change for S4.  The LOA is now League of Arrow, with everyone (Team Arrow) hanging out in Nanda Parbat, that would certainly count as a game changer, jump the shark and change at a grassroots level, IMO.

I can accept superpowers, and I can accept magic, but what I cannot accept is that the League of Assassins calmly stops assassinating because Ra's Ollie Ghul says so.  I know too much about human nature to buy that.

However, I can believe that Ra's offers it as an inducement and s3 Oliver is so stupid he buys it.

FS has said and done very little since ep1 to prove or indicate that she wants a romantic relationship with OQ.

Telling him that she had dreams of them together when he was gone is pretty powerful indicating to me.  Yes, she was disappointed in him working with MM, and later going to Nanda Parbat to save him but Oliver hasn't lifted a finger to talk to her about it.  If he cared, he'd at least try.  He's been faced with greater obstacles in the past to something he wanted and still went for it.

• Love 1