Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

It's just the sort of thing MG would do, but what would be the point?  If Malcolm wants Thea since he's lost Tommy, teaming up with Ra's to get her to murder Sara is not going to help him.

Does he want Thea? He's such a lying manipulator, who even knows if that's true. He put her in Ra's crosshairs once to save his own ass, why wouldn't he do it again? 

Why would Ra's want Thea? He doesn't even know if she can fight and since he didn't like it that Sara wasn't committed to the League, why force Thea into joining them?

For that matter, why would he want Oliver?  Why would Waller want Oliver, a barely trained resentful slave?

Why?  Why?  Why?

• Love 3

Why would Ra's want Thea? He doesn't even know if she can fight and since he didn't like it that Sara wasn't committed to the League, why force Thea into joining them?

For that matter, why would he want Oliver?  Why would Waller want Oliver, a barely trained resentful slave?

Why?  Why?  Why?

Why is something we have been asking for weeks lol

• Love 2

I hope that Felicity is not Ra's daughter, if only because it will drag this LoA plot blackhole on forever. I want her to have a father that pushes the story forward. I do think her father will be an antagonist for TA & likely evil, but I think it will & should be somebody other than Ras...

Yeah, I'm actually finding what I said earlier about Ra's and Malcolm being in on it together more and more likely. Ra's could have agreed to settle Malcolm's blood debt if he dealt with Sara. I got the impression that Ra's didn't really like Sara and probably felt like she betrayed the League when she tried to leave last year. And perhaps he wanted to see what this Oliver Queen was made of because he'd been hearing more and more about him…And maybe Malcolm wanted to get Oliver back for uncovering his plans for the Undertaking. This seems more plausible to me now that I think about it.

I just posted the Asia promo for 3x15 in the Spoilers thread. It seems to me that Nyssa/Ra's/LOA know that Malcolm is (ultimately) responsible for Sara's death. Which is why I still don't get why Oliver won't just let the LOA kill Malcolm; other than "saving Thea's soul".

Why?  Why?  Why?

I don't think he'd want Thea, I think he'd want Oliver. And why? Why anything with this show - for shock value, I guess. It's just a theory. I'm going to C&P my post about it from the last page when we were talking about Ra's possibly wanting Oliver and Nyssa to provide him with an heir or wanting Oliver to join the LoA (that's the only reason the thought entered my mind in the first place):

So, with Ra's saying what he did about Nyssa/Sara only ending in heartbreak, maybe he and Malcolm ARE in cahoots with Sara's murder and Ra's agreed to let Malcolm off the hook if he could get Oliver involved in order to have an 'heir' and Malcolm drugged Thea to do it for leverage/as a test. Not sure if Oliver would find that out or if Ra's would make his offer with Oliver in the dark? I hope it's not anything like that though-I really don't want Oliver made into THAT big of an idiot.

If Ra's wanted an heir, he'd do better with Maseo's DNA than Oliver's.  Surely there must be someone in the LoA who has the genes and would be willing.

The Asia promo has MM saying to Ra's 'let me prove my loyalty to you' or something like that.  And Nyssa has her men drag MM away, saying to Laurel, your sister is avenged.  And then Nyssa tells Ra's that Oliver should be punished for not kneeling down to him, and Oliver is behind bars.

Why punish Oliver if MM was doing Ra's bidding?

Edited by statsgirl

But of course Oliver was going to challenge Ra's if that was the only way to save Thea.  Once MM set up that Thea killed Sara, Oliver would do anything to protect her.

So if the bargain was MM was absolved of his crimes for getting rid of Sara, why even bring Thea into it at all?  It's only going to mess things up because Oliver will try to save her.

My head hurts

God this saving Thea's soul stuff is just gross, Mens have to save or damn her soul, Lord knows we wouldn't want Thea to save or damn her own soul. ASSHOLES.

Re: the Grand Plan (hahahahahahaha) I'm also thinking that Ra's and Malcolm are in this together (which I always thought and Malcolm would be doing it to get Zombie Tommy), or that Waller and Maseo are still factoring here, just pick a villain show, any villain an stop equivocating about what this season is about is Oliver the Arrow or is Black Canary going to save Thea's soul? Also? Will Roy...Roy? Okay then!

The Stupid, It Hurts.

• Love 3

I hope that Felicity is not Ra's daughter, if only because it will drag this LoA plot blackhole on forever. I want her to have a father that pushes the story forward. I do think her father will be an antagonist for TA & likely evil, but I think it will & should be somebody other than Ras...

I don't think Ra's Should be her father at all. But knowing MG I would not be surprised. Just imagine though her and Ra's finding out they are connected through blood. They can have Felicity save the city and Oliver by the end of the season by getting her father to back off somehow. A lot of people on here might not like this idea it's just a theory

Good to know Felicity is in Control In the next episode. Shame it's cause most of her time is probably with Lame Ray babysitting him. That's such a turn on

Edited by jay741982

God this saving Thea's soul stuff is just gross, Mens have to save or damn her soul, Lord knows we wouldn't want Thea to save or damn her own soul. ASSHOLES.

I don't like this whole "saving Thea's soul" thing either. Thea's not a child, she can make her own choices. I also happen to agree with her giving Malcolm up to the LOA, Malcolm deserves to die.

• Love 4

So the idea is that they're in it together, Ra's gets rid of Sara without dirtying his hands, MM gets off his death sentence and maybe Tommy in the LP, and MM intentionally involved Thea to get to Oliver so that Oliver had to be nearly killed and now will join the LOA?  I guess I can kind of see that, although how could Ra's know Oliver would survive falling off the mountain?  That's always been my problem with the idea that Ra's intentionally didn't kill Oliver.  Also, didn't he send assassins to the hut?  Although he obviously doesn't care about losing some redshirt assassins if he wants to make it look more convincing to Oliver.

Other than the cliff issue, does anyone see any major holes in this theory?  Personally I can see it maybe working, but I think it's ascribing way too much forethought and planning to the writers.  

• Love 1

Well, now that the Asian promo is out, I'm kind of thinking that maybe Malcolm and Ra's weren't working together for Sara's murder, since Malcolm tells Ra's that he'll do whatever he can to show Ra's he's loyal. That would mean that he went of plan at some point (and maybe he did and we haven't seen it), or it could all be for show, IDK.

What are the chances that Ra's kills Malcolm and he returns via Lazarus Pit super cray? Or post-cray, but really aligned with Ra's this time. 

Okay, so the cliffhanger is Thea related. 

What could it be? Does she join the League/offer to join the League? Does she kill Malcolm (who will come back, I'm sure)? Does she strike a deal with Ra's for...something? 

Edited by apinknightmare

Lmao I had to watch the promo 3 times because I honestly couldn't believe that Laurel  knocked out Malcolm... But then I realized it was Nyssa. Thank. God. 

The Thea cliffhanger could definitely be her joining the League as a sort of deal... hmm

They gave us a foreshadowing that Oliver is going to lose Thea in some way, then Felicity. They really can't let Oliver have ANYTHING!

Poor baby!

If the "game changer" is about Ray and his dumb suit, I'm not going to be a happy fan!

PLEASE, PLEASE no baby drama!

Edited by Hook75

If this whole season is an on-going fight for Thea's soul, she either embraces the darkness fully (you know, because once you let the darkness inside, it never comes out…unless you're Laurel and you have a light inside you) and becomes a bit evil or she joins the LoA. Draws comparisons to Sara because she said she 'looked into the eyes of the devil and gave him my soul' or something along those lines with regards to Ra's. 

The Thea cliffhanger could definitely be her joining the League as a sort of deal... hmm

The only thing that makes me think this isn't true is a) why would she do that? Unless she's been playing Oliver this whole time, and she really does want to save Malcolm. But if that's the case, why turn him over to Ra's? and b) she was at the Dyla wedding. Is part of the LoA honor code abiding by one's RSVP? 

Maybe she makes a deal with Ra's and keeps it from Oliver and Malcolm? But why would she do that? Why am I asking why when this show makes no logical sense? 

The only thing that makes me think this isn't true is a) why would she do that? Unless she's been playing Oliver this whole time, and she really does want to save Malcolm. But if that's the case, why turn him over to Ra's? and b) she was at the Dyla wedding. Is part of the LoA honor code abiding by one's RSVP? 

Maybe she makes a deal with Ra's and keeps it from Oliver and Malcolm? But why would she do that? Why am I asking why when this show makes no logical sense? 

Maybe Oliver gets himself into trouble with the League and Thea offers herself up to save Oliver? OR Maybe the cliffhanger is whether or not Thea kills Malcolm? 

Thea turned on Malcolm when she saw he was keeping secrets from her, she told her she'd be his soldier but never again his daughter, and it looks like she's turned him in to the LoA for killing Sara.  How is this a fight for her soul, because it looks like the Light has already beat the dark?  And why would she join the LoA after already rejecting Malcolm?

Thea turned on Malcolm when she saw he was keeping secrets from her, she told her she'd be his soldier but never again his daughter, and it looks like she's turned him in to the LoA for killing Sara.  How is this a fight for her soul, because it looks like the Light has already beat the dark?  And why would she join the LoA after already rejecting Malcolm?

Maybe she does show up and offer herself up for Oliver in some kind of weird role reversal. I'd much prefer that, because I'm going to be SUPER PISSED if this show robs me of the Queen Sibling Power Hour because I need more of Oliver and Thea fighting side-by-side. 

But if she did that then her soul isn't at play - she'd be doing a good thing and her heart would be in the right place. Unless she strolls in and starts talking to Ra's like she knows him and they've met before and she tries to make a deal for Oliver and Oliver's just like..."what the fuck?" And we're like, "What the fuck?!" 

Cliffhanger.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Sigh, I'm still not feeling the actor who plays Ra's. I'm sorry, but he has no charisma or swagger to me. Why couldn't they have cast Cliff Simon in the role? Or Oded Fehr? Or one of the many Arab looking actors, who have been successfully portraying terrorist leaders on US television in recent years? Any of these choices would have made this season infinitely more watchable to me.

Edited by shadow2008
  • Love 7

Maybe she does show up and offer herself up for Oliver in some kind of weird role reversal. I'd much prefer that, because I'm going to be SUPER PISSED if this show robs me of the Queen Sibling Power Hour because I need more of Oliver and Thea fighting side-by-side. 

But if she did that then her soul isn't at play - she'd be doing a good thing and her heart would be in the right place. Unless she strolls in and starts talking to Ra's like she knows him and they've met before and she tries to make a deal for Oliver and Oliver's just like..."what the fuck?" And we're like, "What the fuck?!" 

Cliffhanger.

Haha omg I can totally picture that.

"We meet again Miss Queen"

Oliver and Diggle: SAY WHAT.

Seems like the reporter that tweeted about the Thea cliffhanger being a "killer" might have been a hint. 

So I'll go for the off the wall guess that Thea killed Sara willingly and was only pretending to under the influence of MM. The fight for Thea's soul would come in to play if she was playing both Oliver and Merlyn for her own gains. 

Who had game-changer on their MG hyperbole bingo card? Emmy-worthy, Epic, Game Changer, Free space, the show will never be the same. *Fingers crossed* I'm only missing one. rme

• Love 1

Seems like the reporter that tweeted about the Thea cliffhanger being a "killer" might have been a hint. 

So I'll go for the off the wall guess that Thea killed Sara willingly and was only pretending to under the influence of MM. The fight for Thea's soul would come in to play if she was playing both Oliver and Merlyn for her own gains. 

I cannot, CANNOT express to you how much I don't want her to be playing Oliver. Malcolm, only Malcolm. Maybe she introduces a sword to MM's gut Ra's style. Only this time it actually kills him. But then he'd have to come back, but who would put him in the pit? Maseo? Surely he's not that stupid.

The one prediction I'm personally willing to make at this point is that episode 23, the season finale, is going to be an epic game changer, with at least one - no, two - Emmy worthy scenes. Afterwards, the show will never be the same.

Just remember, you heard it here first!

• Love 15

Would he have to come back? Do we know for sure that JB is in any episodes after this? (Serious question - I know there's probably something I missed.)

he's been out of Vancouver for awhile but someone pointed out that the picture EBR took of JB in the trash was during the table read for 316

The one prediction I'm personally willing to make at this point is that episode 23, the season finale, is going to be an epic game changer, with at least one - no, two - Emmy worthy scenes. Afterwards, the show will never be the same.

Just remember, you heard it here first!

sharp left, watch out for the sharp left. Edited by Morrigan2575

Tiffany Vogt ‏@TVWatchtower 1m1 minute ago

@silviacs26 @iBelong2Olicity With what Oliver's about to do, every reason to worry about him.Felicity worries for GOOD reason-you should too

I wonder if this is about the episode as a whole, or the cliffhanger is Oliver about to do something dumb again.

I'll allow the storyline that Thea is playing both of them just get all her agency back.

Actually killing MM is the only way I'll believe Ra's is the big bad because doughy McHotTub can barely stir himself to be imposing. But then why wouldn't Ra's call off whatever his plans are to get back at Oliver if MM, the person who killed Sara, is dead.

I should really stop trying to make sense out of all this.

• Love 2

This whole thing would be a lot more suspenseful if we didn't know that both Thea and Oliver are at Diggle's wedding in 317. How game changing can it really be?

Would he have to come back? Do we know for sure that JB is in any episodes after this? (Serious question - I know there's probably something I missed.)

He was at the table read for 3x18 or 3x19-he posted a pic. Unless that was from a previous read. Maybe Thea does kill him. Hopefully she finishes the job, unlike Ra's.

I just don't get it. If Malcolm is captured by the league and Oliver and Thea are no longer in danger. Why is Oliver worried? I'm confused. I seriously don't get it.

If Ra's isn't aware that it was Thea who killed Sara, I can see why Oliver would be worried he'd sell her out. Although he'd only do it to be a prick since Ra's wanted him for the Undertaking, and I can't see why he'd let Malcolm go for both crimes if they weren't working together to hadn't made some kind of arrangement.

• Love 1

I cannot, CANNOT express to you how much I don't want her to be playing Oliver. Malcolm, only Malcolm. Maybe she introduces a sword to MM's gut Ra's style. Only this time it actually kills him. But then he'd have to come back, but who would put him in the pit? Maseo? Surely he's not that stupid.

If Thea is playing Oliver I am gonna to be super pissed

That won't happen.  It would make her too important.

LOL sadly true with a Laurel Stan as showrunner. I'd root for her being Ra's Daughter only cause she would be very important

I can't be the only one who came up with Felicity being Ra's Daughter!

This whole thing would be a lot more suspenseful if we didn't know that both Thea and Oliver are at Diggle's wedding in 317.

Well to be fair, most people don't know that, they haven't released those photos or synopsis right, they were from on set from fans? But yeah this is following the same pattern as the faux climax with Ra's "killing' Oliver, it lasted about five minutes and was resolved in seemingly two weeks of screen time (no matter how many times Felicty says "almost a month"). 

• Love 1

I think Ra's orders Oliver to kill MM, he won't do it so Thea does it, giving in to her dark side and becoming what Oliver feared the most- a killer. Oliver blames himself of course.

She must show up unannounced or something - no way would he purposely take her to Nanda Parbat. And then she'd have to make her way through a room full of assassins to get to wherever they are. Easy feat on this show, I'd say.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

If Felicity is Ra's daughter, then I demand a full season of flashbacks to that time in the late 80s - early 90s when Ra's got bored leading the LoA, moved to Las Vegas, fell in love with a cocktail waitress, married her, had a daughter with her, and then spent six years with them, before going back to the murdering business.

• Love 20

If Felicity is Ra's daughter, then I demand a full season of flashbacks to that time in the late 80s - early 90s when Ra's got bored leading the LoA, moved to Las Vegas, fell in love with a cocktail waitress, married her, had a daughter with her, and then spent six years with them, before going back to the murdering business.

Given Ra's penchant for extravagant dusters and jewelry and his love of tickling those ivories, he makes ends meet by becoming a Liberace impersonator. 

• Love 6