Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

The only two non-Oliver characters that the TV Guide writer asked about were Laurel and Thea.  Thea I can understand since there's no picture section on her but  Laurel grrr.  That makes the third place in the article that gets a Laurel mention .. Laurel's picture, Felicity's picture and the interview page.  You'd think she was a big draw to the series.

On the other hand, saying "If she undergoes hero training" sounds like AK has finally got it that we're not all salivating to see Laurel in fishnets.

• Love 1

The only two non-Oliver characters that the TV Guide writer asked about were Laurel and Thea.  Thea I can understand since there's no picture section on her but  Laurel grrr.  That makes the third place in the article that gets a Laurel mention .. Laurel's picture, Felicity's picture and the interview page.  You'd think she was a big draw to the series.

On the other hand, saying "If she undergoes hero training" sounds like AK has finally got it that we're not all salivating to see Laurel in fishnets.

I'd have been okay with some Laurel stuff (read: I ignore it) if they'd let Felicity have her own paragraph like the others. She Actually Did Things in the last three eps. Laurel's best scene was getting tranqed by Nyssa (because Nyssa can make anyone awesome.) I'm beginning to suspect KC's publicist has something on Natalie Abrams.

The best I can say about the hero training is at least they are aware they need to tread carefully. Thea will be a bigger badass than Laurel when she returns so Laurel as BC this season would look absolutely ridiculous. But at this point go for it. Maybe Sara and Helena and Katana will prop her enough to get her into a spinoff.

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh Oliver, I really don't want to think that you're as dumb as a box of rocks, but you're making it difficult.  Backpacking through Europe…why would that make any sense?

As for the rest of the spoilers…eh could be better, could be much, much worse.LOL

Even if Felicity never gets a backstory (she better get a backstory) I still find her more entertaining and interesting that a lot of characters on this show.

Edited by MsSchadenfreude
  • Love 3

If we are possibly (not definitely) going to see Laurel receive some training over the course of the season, why is KC already looking so bulked up? By the time her on-screen training starts up, she will look like she has been doing power workouts for months already.

(edited)

Oh Oliver, I really don't want to think that you're as dumb as a box of rocks, but you're making it difficult.  Backpacking through Europe…why would that make any sense?

I mean, I get that she'd lie to him, it doesn't make sense that he'd be feeling like life is good in Starling if his sister is missing.

But I hate how this show tends to make people stupid for plot, and this reminds me of the episode where Oliver's freaking out because he knows Slade's back, but doesn't bat an eyelash when Thea's not picking up her phone. He figures she's mad because Roy broke up with her, not that she's not answering because, oh, IDK, the madman who threatened to take everything Oliver loved away from him might've actually taken her (WHICH HE DID).

If we are possibly (not definitely) going to see Laurel receive some training over the course of the season, why is KC already looking so bulked up? By the time her on-screen training starts up, she will look like she has been doing power workouts for months already.

She might be showing the showrunners that she's up for the challenge? She's not so bulked up/toned that you notice it while she's fully clothed. She still looks like Laurel Lance. Put her in some leather and a halter top or something and yeah, you'd probably notice.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1
(edited)

Matt Mitovich posted this in the comments to the TVLine article just a few minutes ago, in response to someone named kath (it's toward the end of the comments if you're looking for it).

http://tvline.com/2014/07/15/arrow-season-3-oliver-felicity-romance/

Patience. I had all of two minutes with Greg the other day, and my emailbox overfloweth with people asking about The Date. So I asked. We’re seeing the EPs tonight, Felicity backstory is top of our list.

So we'll probably get some spoilers today or tomorrow I would think. I wouldn't think they'd hold onto the interview too long with Comic-Con coming up.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

I mean, I get that she'd lie to him, it doesn't make sense that he'd be feeling like life is good in Starling if his sister is still missing.

Yep. And her note to Roy at the end of season 2 did not make it sound like she was just going off to run around Europe.  So, I just going with Oliver is fine with Thea being gone because reasons. 

Oh Oliver, I really don't want to think that you're as dumb as a box of rocks, but you're making it difficult.  Backpacking through Europe…why would that make any sense?.

What's hilarious is it parallels what Thea thought in S2 - IIRC she thought he was clubbing or backpacking through Europe after the Glades and Tommy. I could see Thea thinking Oliver needed to get away but the fact that Oliver apparently can't recognize his own excuse being thrown back at him is making him look dense lol. These writers kill me sometimes

• Love 4

Yep. And her note to Roy at the end of season 2 did not make it sound like she was just going off to run around Europe.  So, I just going with Oliver is fine with Thea being gone because reasons. 

I don't want to get in the weeds or whatever, but how would she have money to even do it? Does she lie and tell him Walter's sending her money? Does Oliver not ask Walter about it? IS Walter sending her money, and she's lying about how she's spending it? So many questions and none of them will ever be answered.

• Love 2

I hope that Malcolm photoshopped Thea's head onto some random tourists' bodies and anonymously sent Oliver a bunch of pics of Thea "backpacking through Europe." See, she's fine! Ignore her suspiciously hairy arms in that one photo in front of the Eiffel Tower.

• Love 9

I think the wording in the Felicity blurb matters - I can't see Laurel and her becoming friends, and 'waves' goes along with that, for me.  I'm disappointed and frustrated that the Felicity blurb was about Oliver, Barry and Laurel, without any mention of her relationship with Ray or anything about her parents/backstory. And, perhaps this is a tiny detail, but isn't Oliver 'totally into' her as well?

Who wrote those blurbs?  I can't find the article online.

But I can understand why Laurel is mentioned alongside Felicity because, of course, to help publicize the least popular character on the show, you mention them in the same breath/paragraph as one of the most popular character/actress.

Back-packing through Europe?  I'd have to see/hear how Oliver came to that conclusion.  or, with this show, read about it online in an interview.  Or be told to read the comics to fill in those gaps.  This is such a silly premise that I am not surprised in the least.

Laurel in the DA's office isn't a surprise - but I think that's more of a lean toward Manhunter if they are going to highlight her day job.  

Oddly, no word about Sara?  Or not that I've seen.

Every time I see Quentin, I smile.  I realize how much I would have been ticked off if they'd killed him off. 

• Love 2

Because apart from O/F, fans wondering if/when Laurel is going to become the BC (for whatever reason) is probably the second hottest topic. They aren't going to outright confirm anything - it keeps people talking. Plus, he says "hero training," he doesn't say she's training to be BC (Manhunter, please).

What bothers/confuses me is that in the media blitz for the finale both AK and MG said 2.23 would answer the BC question. ..one even said Laurel would have a moment that would make Laurel fans happy (I'm assuming the jacket). So we have jacket passing which the EPs claimed answered the question definitely. Then we have KC telling everyone she knows the direction of her character, she's got the jacket now so obviously she's going to be BC and she's posting pictures of her workout almost daily.

The first interview AK/MG give and they answer the BC question with IF. Why is it now IF when in May it was oh that's answered definitively. Are they walking back? Are they lying because they're afraid of the backlash/reaction since the reaction post finale was very negative? I just wish they answered yes/no...so I can figure if I'm in/out.

• Love 2
(edited)

Back-packing through Europe?  I'd have to see/hear how Oliver came to that conclusion.  or, with this show, read about it online in an interview.

What I don't understand is if (and I guess this is an IF) Roy told Oliver about or showed him Thea's letter, how he could ever believe she just wrote that and took off to go on a Sound of Music tour through the Alps? Maybe he hid it, and if he did I'm not looking forward to the fallout from that. Is she calling Oliver and lying to him about where she is? Does he not question how she has the money to do it? I guess she could lie and say she's in hostels and working odd jobs to pay for living expenses. I don't know.

Edited by apinknightmare

What I don't understand is if (and I guess this is an IF) Roy told Oliver about or showed him Thea's letter, how he could ever believe she just wrote that and took off to go on a Sound of Music tour through the Alps? Maybe he hid it, and if he did I'm not looking forward to the fallout from that. Is she calling Oliver and lying to him about where she is? Does he not question how she has the money to do it? I guess she could lie and say she's in hostels and working odd jobs to pay for living expenses. I don't know.

I would like to know that, too, and perhaps we'll find out.  I'm not holding out hope that Oliver and Roy actually talk about Thea, however.  I can easily imagine that they both think what they want about where she is and don't discuss it with each other.  I think they both believe she's safe and, for now, maybe that's enough, given what she's been through.

Or, I'm giving this more thought than the show intends to do.  Who knows?

The first interview AK/MG give and they answer the BC question with IF. Why is it now IF when in May it was oh that's answered definitively. Are they walking back? Are they lying because they're afraid of the backlash/reaction since the reaction post finale was very negative? I just wish they answered yes/no...so I can figure if I'm in/out.

Absolutely agreed. I'm hoping this is all clarified at least by Comic-Con next weekend, but I'm getting tired of them playing coy about this. If they're doing it, own it. Stop playing games.

• Love 2

...I'm getting tired of them playing coy about this. If they're doing it, own it. Stop playing games.

I don't think they will stop - it's what they do.  Every season.  And now that they have Olicity and a Who is BC? to dangle, they will tease like mad.

• Love 1

I would like to know that, too, and perhaps we'll find out.  I'm not holding out hope that Oliver and Roy actually talk about Thea, however.  I can easily imagine that they both think what they want about where she is and don't discuss it with each other.  I think they both believe she's safe and, for now, maybe that's enough, given what she's been through.

Or, I'm giving this more thought than the show intends to do.  Who knows?

I think this is probably a given (and I'm doing it too).

• Love 1

I don't think they will stop - it's what they do.  Every season.  And now that they have Olicity and a Who is BC? to dangle, they will tease like mad.

I agree, I think that the jacket hand-off and the "fake" I Love You were just to keep people talking over the summer. Now they're starting to dangle the suspicious "date" spoiler in front of everybody so they can get people talking again. I'm pretty sure that these EPs know that almost no one wants Laurel to become BC, but they seem to love manipulating the audience into thinking she might. 

Well she is the reporter that covers the Arrow stories for TV Guide and talked to Guggenheim. She will also be following Arrow on SDCC

The byline on the screenshot of the issue is Damian Holbrook though. Unless someone different wrote the blurbs?

Well, at the very least, it looks like the disasterous Laurel = insta!BC direction will be avoided. That's good news, I guess? We will probably know for sure if Laurel's training storyline is happening if we get casting news for a Wildcat-type of character at some point during the season. If Laurel does suit up, the earliest it will happen should be the season finale.

Anyways, this interview makes me think that the producers won't say anything definitive on the BC issue at Comic-Con. They are probably afraid that they will lose viewers if they commit to one of Laurel or Sara as the ultimate BC, so they will probably try to keep viewers in the dark about that for as long as they can to keep both fanbases watching. Honestly, at the rate they are going, I wouldn't even put it past them to eventually have 2 BC's on the show at the same time.

(edited)

Well she is the reporter that covers the Arrow stories for TV Guide and talked to Guggenheim. She will also be following Arrow on SDCC

The article was written by Holbrook that's why I wondered how you knew Abrams wrote that one blurb.

ETA: I hope it's ok that we talk about this now since it was brought up in TV Guide, it's new information (sort of) but I know they put the rule out so I don't know.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I also think the EPs know what the hot topic questions are and what people are anxious to see in S3.  They are figuring out what to say to make sure people are glued to their TVs, laptops, etc in October so they will say what they think will make that happen.

And promoting KC as the new BC is, I suspect, not going to bring more viewers.  I think it could do the opposite, and they may feel the same.  So best to bury that news as deep and as long as they can.

Well someone i know mentioned it that she was the one that did the Guggenheim part, and she will also talk to the EPs tonight just as Matt Mitovich, so i would guess we will be getting more spoilers for Arrow from her.  

(edited)

I also think the EPs know what the hot topic questions are and what people are anxious to see in S3

And to be fair, after the season finale and again with the date spoilers, people have mostly been talking about Olicity.  So I can see TV Guide figuring that's what everyone wanted to know about regarding Felicity (although I do think we will get some back story for her character this season).  As for the Laurel mention in Felicity's blurb, eh whatever. Laurel bores me and even if they mention her in every blurb about every character from now until October, she will still bore me. I am not the least bit interested in what she was, what she is or what she one day may be.

Just putting this out here, Diggle is staying in Team Arrow regardless of how many kids he has.  I won't tolerate anything else.LOL

Edited by MsSchadenfreude
  • Love 2
(edited)

This article was probably written a few weeks ago, since it's for print. AT LEAST 2 weeks ago? But possibly more. There's no mention of anyone they cast for 301, no mention of Oliver asking Felicity out or Lance being Chief, and no mention of Sara at all -- all info that came after Holbrook talked to the EPs.

It's still annoying that they're using Felicity to prop She Who Shall Not Be Named, though.

Edited by dancingnancy

Rose colored glasses...They are setting Felicity up to be Arrowverse's Oracle sans the wheelchair. That is why she has to have at least working relationships with Oliver, Barry, Ray, Sara and that other character.

(edited)

Matt Mitovich posted this in the comments to the TVLine article just a few minutes ago, in response to someone named kath (it's toward the end of the comments if you're looking for it).

http://tvline.com/2014/07/15/arrow-season-3-oliver-felicity-romance/

So we'll probably get some spoilers today or tomorrow I would think. I wouldn't think they'd hold onto the interview too long with Comic-Con coming up.

Thanks for finding that.

That was really nice of him to respond so fast. I wrote that while I was freaking out at these spoilers just in case he or Ausiello noticed.  If he asks about Felicity's backstory first, hopefully AK and MG will assume we want to know more about Felicity as a person rather than as arm-candy.  

So his inbox was filled with the ILU scene?  I guess it was a good move to leave that and the jacket hand-over for people to talk about over the summer.  But why let KC keep talking about becoming BC if they're going to move her into Manhunter?

Oddly, no word about Sara?  Or not that I've seen.

CL was sworn to secrecy about her role on the show next year.  The EPs are probably saving it all up for a big Sara announcement at SDCC.

Given how upset he was after Tommy died, wouldn't he be worried about Thea's emotional state with Moira dead and knowing now that  (dead) Malcolm is her father, not to mention her lack of money and few job skills?  The guy really doesn't do emotional stuff well.  Or at all.

Edited by statsgirl

I can buy Oliver buying into Thea's backpacking story.  She agreed to contact him when she settled somewhere so her perhaps calling or sending a postcard to throw him off seems in character.  Plus, backpacking through Europe fits the bill for going and finding yourself.  I also think that Oliver would want to believe that Thea was doing something as normal sounding as backpacking across Europe. 

As for the money question I have to go with she was never broke, just rich people broke. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Geez, can you imagine if Diggle and Felicity had a Team Arrow Burn Book? I think I'm going to enjoy them barely tolerating Roy.

Lol the idea of Felicity and Digg going all "YOU CAN'T SIT WITH US!" on Roy, honestly just tickles me so much. And even though I, myself, have learned to tolerate Roy, it'd be fun to see the TA vets put the newbie through his paces and share exasperated looks behind his back. I wish they did it with Oliver more often to be honest. 

Speaking of Diggle, I hope the emotional meaty stuff he gets this season, gives Oliver an opportunity to be there for him; in the same way he's been there for Oliver so many times. In the ways of emotional support and being a shoulder to lean on.

Their bromance is one of the few things I believe this show has gotten right from the beginning. 

Re: Thea- Malcolm and Thea could've very well been traipsing through Europe during those five months. All Thea needs to do is send Oliver a couple of selfies next to the Eiffel Tower to make it all seem legit. With Malcolm behind the camera of course... 

Edited by stormborn
  • Love 3
(edited)

:) no problem.

So his inbox was filled with the ILU scene?

He said "The Date" so I'm assuming when that press release came out a few days ago everyone jumped on it asking for details. :)

Here is Caity Lotz's tweet about whether she will be going to SDCC.

https://twitter.com/caitylotz/status/489965326344278016

"@oudoms: Hey @caitylotz will you be at SDCC?"    Maybe ;)

Well that's a yes. :)

Edited by Starfish35

Speaking of Diggle, I hope the emotional meaty stuff he gets this season, gives Oliver an opportunity to be there for him; in the same way he's been there for Oliver so many times. In the ways of emotional support and being a shoulder to lean on.

You know what your post just made me realize? if the time jump for the show will be about 5 months as mentioned (somewhere on this thread) this means Lyla will be about 6 months along in the premier, so early oct. + 3 months= that's mid dec. i think we can all expect digglet to make his/her first appearance during the christmas episode right before the show goes on holiday break.

• Love 1

The Title of the Third Episode is ""Corto Maltese."". I think its a fictional place in DC universe.

According to GreenArrowTv Tweet:

Exclusive first reveal: The title of the third episode of #Arrow Season 3 is "Corto Maltese." More cool info coming to the site later on.

The Title of the Third Episode is ""Corto Maltese."". I think its a fictional place in DC universe.

According to GreenArrowTv Tweet:

Exclusive first reveal: The title of the third episode of #Arrow Season 3 is "Corto Maltese." More cool info coming to the site later on.

From wiki:

Corto Maltese is referenced in the Arrow television show. In the episode "Lone Gunmen" Oliver Queen mentions that the mercenary Deadshot operated in Corto Maltese.

(edited)

I hope Deadshot doesn't get a backstory/centric episode before Felicity that'd just be sad lol

What happened to him at the end of Unthinkable? Did he go back into A.R.G.U.S. custody? Could he somehow be the mercenary being hunted in ep 2?

Edited by apinknightmare
(edited)

What happened to him at the end of Unthinkable? Did he go back into A.R.G.U.S. custody? Could he somehow be the mercenary being hunted in ep 2?

He probably just went back in his cell at A.R.G.U.S. There was a picture of Michael Rowe (actor who plays Deadshot) meeting with the writers this week, maybe the episode is about him.

Edited by drspaceman10

I hope Deadshot doesn't get a backstory/centric episode before Felicity that'd just be sad lol

I have a feeling that is exactly what is happening. 

Could they be saving it for some time special?  Not that I think any one episode really affects the ratings much but the sweeps week happens in November, right?

• Love 1

I like Deadshot well enough, more so if his interactions are with Diggle.  I think Michael Rowe does a great job with the role, too.

That being said, I hope he's just a guest and isn't getting an episode focused on him.  S3 already has a long list of items to cover, so giving more screen time to a guest star than one of the least developed regulars is just ridiculous.

This show has amped up the cynic in me.  I wouldn't be surprised if 'Felicity Backstory/Parentage' keeps getting pushed further into the season.  Disappointed, yes.  Surprised, no.  I think the show hasn't figured out how to tell her big story/give it the justice it deserves yet.  So they promise it's coming, but we won't see it anytime soon.  The more new characters that get announced, the less likely I think we'll learn about Felicity's parents and past.  The show has always run the risk of being crushed under its own weight, much like many other large-cast shows.

I think the show feels confident that fans of Felicity will continue to stick around while the take care of everyone else.  We saw how that worked in S2.

• Love 2
(edited)

You know what your post just made me realize? if the time jump for the show will be about 5 months as mentioned (somewhere on this thread) this means Lyla will be about 6 months along in the premier, so early oct. + 3 months= that's mid dec. i think we can all expect digglet to make his/her first appearance during the christmas episode right before the show goes on holiday break.

Ahh, well, I hope that means we're gonna be getting a very special Team Arrow holiday episode this year. Did we even get a holiday episode this past season? I can't remember... 

And I'm down with more Deadshot stuff in any capacity. I've developed a very weird and shameful crush on him. 

With regards to Felicity backstory and when we can look for it, I'm hoping we hear the words Team Arrow, goes to and Vegas together in the same sentence sometime in the near future. I'm one of those people who really doesn't want Felicity's backstory to necessarily be all dark and complicated, we have enough of that on the show already. Just let someone from this show have a semi-normal background. 

Edited by stormborn
  • Love 4

I seriously doubt they're going to do a character centric episode based around a recurring character.  However, I wouldn't be surprised if episode 3 is a Diggle centric that features Deadshot and has ties to HIVE and Andy's death.  BTW I have absolutely no problem with that because I like Diggle stories but I do agree it would be nice to get a Felicity centric story (I don't think ToD counts).

However, I reserve my bitching until Matt M's article comes out asking about Felicity backstory that's been promised.

• Love 1
Now if they allow an episode called "Felicity" I'd be happy, but still I'm fairly annoyed at the amount of Sara flying at me.

I think they can have an episode called and about "Sara" and get minimal backlash.  But if they have an episode called and about "Felicity", the haters will come out of the woodwork and yell 'fan pandering'.

Speaking of the "Sara" episode, maybe it won't be about killing off Sara.  Maybe it'll be about Sara becoming Sara again and abdicating her 'Canary' persona.  Then maybe she goes off to spend time with her mother.

I suspect that Laurel will be front and center, right next to Oliver/Arrow, in the Season 3 cast poster.

I think this upcoming season will determine whether or not I continue watching Arrow.

• Love 4

I think this upcoming season will determine whether or not I continue watching Arrow.

I'm with you. After the disaster of the second half of s2 they really have to tread lightly in this next season.

The phrase Fan Pandering has started to annoy me.

I suspect that Laurel will be front and center, right next to Oliver/Arrow, in the Season 3 cast poster.

This is what I have been thinking too.  If there is a 3rd one featured I would expect it to be Roy (Arsenal).

If we get a Felicity backstory, it better not involve a pre-island!Oliver and a one night stand with a certain cocktail waitress in Vegas! (No, I am not suggesting O is F's father.)

• Love 1