Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Remember this summer when we thought that we'd be getting Olicity as a trade-off for having to endure Justice Canary?  Haha, no.  

And as said above, I thought I, too, could handle Blah Canary if I got happy, cool crime fighting times with Team Arrow and Olicity. What a sweet, summer child I was. 

• Love 11

I think he absolutely will refuse Felicity again when he comes back. 

Did he fall on his head when he went over that cliff?

I don't see how he can team up with Malcolm Merlyn, who has caused Thea to murder Sara and just sent him to his "death".  Ra's apparently has a code of honor but you can't trust Merlyn an inch. 

And since he's just learned how quickly life and happiness can be snatched away from you, there's no reason that I can see to push Felicity away again. There are only so many times you can go to that well (once, IMO) before it runs dry.

And since Felicity is only going to start falling for Ray after Oliver gets back (instantly it seems) and Slade is in 314, that only leaves 1 episode for her to get attached to Ray, attached enough to seriously consider him even if Oliver rescues her from Slade.

Remember this summer when we thought that we'd be getting Olicity as a trade-off for having to endure Justice Canary?  Haha, no.  

That would have made sense.  Justice Canary + Raylicity gives me nothing I want to watch for.  Yeah, Roy, Thea and Diggle are okay but not enough to make me sit through those two storylines.

• Love 1

Did he fall on his head when he went over that cliff?

I don't see how he can team up with Malcolm Merlyn, who has caused Thea to murder Sara and just sent him to his "death".  Ra's apparently has a code of honor but you can't trust Merlyn an inch. 

And since he's just learned how quickly life and happiness can be snatched away from you, there's no reason that I can see to push Felicity away again. There are only so many times you can go to that well (once, IMO) before it runs dry.

And since Felicity is only going to start falling for Ray after Oliver gets back (instantly it seems) and Slade is in 314, that only leaves 1 episode for her to get attached to Ray, attached enough to seriously consider him even if Oliver rescues her from Slade.

Well, we don't know that he is teaming up with Merlyn, so I'll withhold any judgment on that until I see how it plays out. I still think it could be Waller.

Maybe I'm wrong and he doesn't refuse her, but he has twice now already. That well's been dry, so I don't see why they wouldn't go to it again. And it makes her considering anything with Ray more palatable to me than if he wants to be with her when he comes back and she tells him no. 

Edited by apinknightmare

This is what happens when you spread yourself too thin and don't have time to think up original story arcs - you crib from yourself and you bring in new comic book characters so you can draw 'inspiration' from the comics.

When I first saw the promo for tonight's episode and heard someone (I think Felicity) say, "I know how to get in touch with the Canary," I thought - what if the EPs are going to avoid calling Laurel the Black Canary on the show for awhile, to avoid criticism that she's being made the BC too soon.  She would just be the Canary like Oliver is the Arrow until a few seasons have passed.  However, I don't think that anymore since the spoilers indicate that Laurel will distinguish herself from her sister.  The latest spoiler that her motivation will change - that she'll start being the BC "for the right reasons, from something within her" after somebody alludes to it - makes me now agree with those of you who think that this big self-revelation will happen at the end of the "Canaries" episode.  Most likely, Sara will be the one who tells Laurel that she has the right stuff and is doing it for the right reasons.  Then it ends with Laurel going, "I'm not the Canary - I'm the Black Canary.... cuz justice is the new black, bitches!"

Incidentally, what do you think of the spoiler that we'll be surprised by Ra's reaction to Oliver when they have their second confrontation?  Is Ra's going to just 'let it go'?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I still don't care about Ray (broken record over here) but I appreciate that we are basically at the point where dead female love ones are thrown at the plot to give motivations and then forgotten an episode later. Hi Sara, Hi Shado, Hi Moira, Hi Anna.

My main issue with that Variety article is that Felicity's storyline is now... who will she love, that's it? What happened to the IT girl who wanted to be more? What happened to this is as much Team Arrow's crusade as it is Oliver's. How did the show go from writing an extremely smart woman that has fears and faces them to help her team and on the side may or may not love the hero to this...

Half the times I read spoilers for this show I feel like I'm standing in an empty room and the EPs are telling me how full of diamonds it is. Uh, Fellas one of us is seeing things that aren't here.

• Love 13

Is The Lunge 2.0 back in play?  Should we place bets on 3.13 the week before Valentine's Day or 3.14 the week after? 2.13 was The Lunge 1.0.

I hope to God we don't get that! I'll gag and throw things and get raged lol

So, an interview is going to come out soon that makes this all seem not so bad, isn't that how it usually goes? Mass freakout and cynicism, then we gradually get pulled back from the ledge, haha. 

The life of fandom, I guess! Lol.

My main issue with that Variety article is that Felicity's storyline is now... who will she love, that's it? What happened to the IT girl who wanted to be more? What happened to this is as much Team Arrow's crusade as it is Oliver's. How did the show go from writing an extremely smart woman that has fears and faces them to help her team and on the side may or may not love the hero to this...

Remember last summer's SDCC interview with MG when he said that Season 3 was all about identity, including: "Felicity - Am I Oliver’s crush object or do I have my own identity outside of that. Do I exist outside the lair?" (source)  What happened to that?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

So to prop up Laurel as BC they "kill" off Oliver and then put them at odds so that Oliver is on the wrong side of the equation, even after learning so much over the past 3 seasons. I just.....can 't....

• Love 2

Remember last summer's SDCC interview with MG when he said that Season 3 was all about identity, including: "Felicity - Am I Oliver’s crush object or do I have my own identity outside of that. Do I exist outside the lair?" (source)  What happened to that?

Isn't part of that why she took the job with Creepy Stalker Ray? I hope at least some of the Ray/Oliver scenes coming feature Jealous Oliver

• Love 1

No, because outside of the lair she's Ray's crush object and is stuck in the office at QC.

Seriously, Felicity has not had her own storyline this season. Trying to figure out who to end up with is not her own story. She's worth more than Olicity and Raylicity but they don't see that. Sad.

I can't really feel for Laurel at this point if Oliver shuts down her Black Canary gig. Anyway.

Look, I only get to watch Arrow the day after it airs. I'm already out for ep 11 because watching paint dry has more fireworks. When it comes to Raylicity my patience quotient is non existent. Is it too late to bring back Tommy?

• Love 1

So to prop up Laurel as BC they "kill" off Oliver and then put them at odds so that Oliver is on the wrong side of the equation, even after learning so much over the past 3 seasons. I just.....can 't....

Well Oliver has been an idiot when it comes to the lovely and Fierce Ms Smoak LOL

You're right.  Taking a VP job was part of establishing her own identity.  But then it seems like her storyline for this season is just trading one superhero for another - from being Oliver/Arrow's supporter and love interest to being Ray/Atom's supporter and love interest.  In both cases, she's not the star of her own life.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 9

Remember last summer's SDCC interview with MG when he said that Season 3 was all about identity, including: "Felicity - Am I Oliver’s crush object or do I have my own identity outside of that. Do I exist outside the lair?" (source) What happened to that?

Her identity outside of the lair and being Oliver's crush object is tinkering with Ray's suit in his office at PI and being HIS crush object.

• Love 5
Incidentally, what do you think of the spoiler that we'll be surprised by Ra's reaction to Oliver when they have their second confrontation?  Is Ra's going to just 'let it go'?

I'm guessing Ra's gonna go Darth Vader on Oliver. Come to the dark side, Luke.

I hope Oliver's response is LOL NO and also that he doesn't lose an arm. That's Roy's thing anyway.

Dreadful thought because why not: MG said Oliver and Crazy Eyes are gonna interact A LOT, so maybe Felicity is gonna start dating creeper and this time it'll be the two of them googly-eyeing each other in the cave in front of Oliver?

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 3

That's part of why I'm so irritated. Oliver's growth only sticks until they can't think of a better plot and then he regresses. Regression is fine for a bit, but Oliver's making stupid decisions because the plot requires him to. I cannot accept ANY reason for Oliver/TA partnering with Malcolm. None. 

• Love 6

Seriously, Felicity has not had her own storyline this season. Trying to figure out who to end up with is not her own story. She's worth more than Olicity and Raylicity but they don't see that. Sad.

It's irritating. Whilst Diggle has been vastly underused, relegated to couples counsellor at least I know he has HIVE and Deadshot lurking in the background. Felicity has NOTHING.

• Love 8

No, because outside of the lair she's Ray's crush object and is stuck in the office at QC.

She's definitely worth more than that.

It's irritating. Whilst Diggle has been vastly underused, relegated to couples counsellor at least I know he has HIVE and Deadshot lurking in the background. Felicity has NOTHING.

I can not tell you how bad I want a H.I.V.E. storyline for Dig next season and for Felicity to have a storyline involving her father next season

• Love 2

The funny thing is that he's not on the wrong side, really. They do need someone in the DA's office-that set up worked pretty damn well for them over the summer, it seems. Can she do both? Magically, the answer is probably yes. Until someone picks up her prints at a crime scene and she's sent to the white-collar version of Iron Heights.

• Love 9

Just because they have a Speedster in the universe, it doesn't give them an excuse to speed through character development.

Think the fact that they got away with InstaArsenal without proper development is making them cocky (personally because I think it's because a fair chunk of People are indifferent to Roy and CH comes across as a really nice person). Introducing InstaCanary and now instaRaylitcity!!

Even now I'm frustrated with the Flashbacks because we aren't seeing Oliver developing more skills with ARGUS. Unless we count window breaking.

"She goes from avenging her sister to honoring or sister to then becoming her sister," says Cassidy. "Then she goes to doing it for the right reasons, from something within her. You see in later episodes somebody alluding to that and it makes Laurel have that realization, that she's not just doing this to be her sister. It's inside of her and she has the capability to tap into that."

Laurel goes through the character development that took Oliver 1 + seasons to get...?? SMH at least she is changing it up a little, her interviews get very repetitive. 

Yeah, it think it's just him overselling it, like he mentioned about Barry being in love with her as well in one of his other interviews.

I don't think we're meant to believe there's much in the way of feelings there yet on Ray or Felicity's part now, but that'll be part of their story later. And I don't think her considering Ray belittles anything she has with Oliver considering Oliver has been jerking her around for the first half of the season (and depending on how you feel about it, the end of last season, too). I don't think the depth of feelings she has for Oliver will ever be what she may or may not have for Ray, but I wouldn't blame her for considering it since Ray's fairly open and so far Oliver's told her he loves her, what, four times, has told her he can't be with her twice, and who knows what he'll do when he comes back? Ray's safe, that's all it is.

DEEP BREATHS 

I guess MMV when it comes to the jerking around of Felicity. I don't think that Oliver has jerked her around that much. He has definitely hurt her but her is always honest with her and he is not jumping back into his Oliver Queen - Playboy persona.

Beside the lack of chemistry between Felicity and Ray and not  delivering on Ray's character at all (IMO - he is not "Barry in Oliver's body" and her relationship with both those men is much more then anything with Ray) I think anyone brought in as a ship stall right now would fail simply because they have piled on way too much angst on Oliver.

Within 1 year in no particular order we have:

Mother Dead less than a year

Estranged sister

Nemesis that came back form he dead and is controlling his sister

Poor

Lost Family Legacy

Ex-girlfrined and friend murdered - unknowingly by his sister

Mission before his personal wants and needs

Stabbed through the chest and pushed off a cliff

Plus loosing his humanity in flashback

Seriously, it too much. No need to add Lady Love dating guy who is SWMing him.

Felicity giving him space to heal (and protect her heart) I can get behind. Repairing her relationship with her mum finding about her father, building her career and trying to make something for herself that is not about Oliver's crusade, I'm all for, but not a love triangle with  Ray (or anyone else).

Maybe it's because I am one of those who likes Ray? But I'm not worried at all. They were saying the exact same thing about Sara and Oliver last year, and they ended things in 2x20 and in 2x23 it was Olicity all the way. The same thing is happening here but this time it's Felicity and a love interest. 

They are also probably playing everything up and wanting people to talk about the show and get hits to that website, so they will say the most extreme thing possible, it doesn't make it true. They said a lot of things in interviews last season and this season that haven't happened or played out completely differently.

But I don't want to sit through that long arc or crappy episodes like we had to in 2B!! It was not great and we have already had something similar in 3A. [/whinging]

Letting Oliver win over the bad guy is great but triumphant moments only at the end of the season 2 and 40 mins at the start of the season 3 is not good storytelling. Why would I invest the rest of my time for only these small glimmers of happiness.

Like someone said earlier, (and this goes against everything I stand for as a TV viewer) they need to do more villains of the week. So there are smaller victories to balance out the big losses that just keep coming.

• Love 6

So nothing will happen that will make anyone even remotely happy until we are in the final stretch of episodes? Felicity rejects Oliver, Ray will then be her guy because of her oh so strong feelings for him (which I still think is a stupid thing to say because it means she doesn't care all that much about Oliver or we just didn't see the development of her immense feelings for Ray), around 3x18 - 3x20 that storyline will again be more prominently featured and come to a head in the last 3 episodes. 

MG will probably have a lot of angry people on his hands before 3x12 even aired. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 1

If we do a mid-season rundown of where we are on those identity questions with the other characters:

Oliver - Can I be both Oliver and Arrow?

No, I can't be both.  I have to be Arrow.

Laurel - Am I Laurel, or Am I my sister?
I'm transitioning from avenging my sister to honoring my sister to becoming my sister.

Thea Queen - Am I Thea Queen or Am I Thea Merlyn? Am I Malcolm Merlyn’s daughter or am I Moira Queen’s daughter.
I'm Malcolm Merlyn's puppet.  (I guess she wouldn't say that, since she doesn't know yet.)

Diggle - Am I a sidekick or am I my own man? Am I a crime fighter or am I a father?
I'm my own man.  I'm a crime fighter and a father.  I'm cool.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 9

Felicity is such an unbelievably beautiful woman down to her core that it's not hard to see why more than one man would love her. That being said it sucks that we have to endure Ray being forced on us as a real threat to Oliver when there is no real hard choice for her. Ray is Cardboard and she doesn't know him like she does Oliver. Her life changed when he came into her life. MG expecting us to buy this shows he don't get it

• Love 1

Diggle's The Man

Until I see this big naked neo sign that Felicity and Ray are going to get serious. I'm still holding out hope its just more of an 'option' romance. A few dates to test the waters and then she rejects him.  

I'm glad Ray and Oliver are interacting a lot (unless that gets pushed back too). And she is supposed to be the moral center of Team Arrow. Because I take that to mean Felicity doesn't get isloated from the group.

The idea that Oliver would literally be given a second chance at life and choosing not to take it woth her or siding with the man responsible for every horrible thing in his life. I wouldn't blame her for trying to move on with an interested party. However, it can't be Oliver v Ray. It has to be about what she wants out of life. The life she chooses to live for herself. I'm just doubting the writers are smart enough to realize that and be able to convey that to the audience.

• Love 1

I didn't think it at the start of the season but now I'm starting to believe they'll hint at Olicity all season and end with Felicity dating Ray. I bet BR becomes a season regular in s4. Would not be surprised. 

And before anyone says anything, I'm allowed to have an initial pessimistic reaction just because.

I didn't think it at the start of the season but now I'm starting to believe they'll hint at Olicity all season and end with Felicity dating Ray. I bet BR becomes a season regular in s4. Would not be surprised. 

And before anyone says anything, I'm allowed to have an initial pessimistic reaction just because.

I've become super worried about Ray sticking around...I know that he's not going to disappear, so he's either staying on Arrow, moving to The Flash, or getting his own show.  Oh my gosh, if they put Felicity with Ray at the end of the season, I just might have to burn my DVDs and never look back (dramatic, I know).

• Love 3

You are allowed but I'm thinking the natural thing is Olicity is on by the end of the season. The season began with their first date then stalling including Oliver saying he loves her but then "dying" cue he comes back then Felicity declares her feelings then stalled again, bring on Triangle which I believe leads to her choosing Oliver in the last 4 eps

I think that's well within the realm of possibility. Especially if they're still testing the waters of spinning him off.

I still believe that not even the EPs would do something like this. I don't have a lot of faith but putting Felicity with Ray permanently before ever giving Oliver a chance is such a letdown of story that even they should be able to see it. But then again they always surprise you with their unique way of seeing the show.

But I do have a feeling that Ray will be around either on the Flash in S2 or Arrow S4. Pilot season is underway and if they don't have a script by now for a potential spinoff then it will not happen next season. They said they had a very general idea. At best the spinoff could air in 2017. And you need to keep the character busy. He cannot just disappear. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 1

It's really disheartening and Unbelievable and OOC if she chose to date Ray over Oliver. But then again it's not if these writers continue to have Oliver reject her like a dumbass while pining for her so hard. They would risk Turing people off the ship and cause for some reason men can be dumbasses and the woman still looks worse Felicity takes a hit as well.

It's funny, I'm less concerned about Ray and Felicity dating and becoming a couple than I am with the process in which it will happen. When Sara and Oliver happened it made me look at him different, assess how far he's come on his journey and genuinely wonder if I misjudged his character.

I said at the beginning of the season the worst thing they could do is make me dislike/hate Felicity which is what happened with Oliver. It took me an entire summer from May to October to get over 2b and lots of promised Olicity.

I mentioned above fool me once. I'd rather skip Felicity and Ray bonding and becoming more (to keep my sanity) and rejoin them when she's said deuces to him.

• Love 6

I've become super worried about Ray sticking around...I know that he's not going to disappear, so he's either staying on Arrow, moving to The Flash, or getting his own show.  Oh my gosh, if they put Felicity with Ray at the end of the season, I just might have to burn my DVDs and never look back (dramatic, I know).

I went into this season feeling positive about Olicity, even though I knew it would be angsty. I can handle angst if it's well written and in character and makes sense. I also believed that the first episode of the season was kind of a microcosm of the season as a whole and whatever happened between them would eventually work out by seasons' end. Now I'm not so sure. All this talk of love between Felicity and Ray has thrown me.

Yeah, I think Ray will be here in s4 purely because they're not rushing his story or the suit and they seem to be investing an awful lot for a character that only lasts one season. I also don't think BR could carry a spin-off which adds to the feeling he's sticking around. 

If they want to spin-off Ray, they shouldn't do Raylicity.  It's not nearly as good as Olicity (a creepy imitation) and look at what happened to Sara when she started sleeping with Oliver.  Give Ray something that will make people like him instead.

Also, watching Ray and Felicity building his suit suddenly became much less fun.

I don't think they did InstaArsenal.  Roy came in with street fighting cred, got mirakuru'd and has spent the past year learning skills.  When he started, he already had more experience than Laurel does right now.

The funny thing is that he's not on the wrong side, really. They do need someone in the DA's office-that set up worked pretty damn well for them over the summer, it seems. Can she do both? Magically, the answer is probably yes. Until someone picks up her prints at a crime scene and she's sent to the white-collar version of Iron Heights.

But it wouldn't be a white collar crime because she would have beaten someone up or killed them or blown something up. Wouldn't that place her in the regular cells of Iron Heights, where it seems every prisoner is given a key to get out as they arrive.

• Love 1

Yep. This is something I'm dreading, and not just about Laurel. The way they're making 3B sound, it's like it'll be Oliver vs. Everyone Else (the dictatorial thing won't work anymore, etc.), and it's frustrating for me as a viewer who loves Oliver to feel like the big moral of the season is that Oliver is a big dummy and everyone else--including people who've been doing this for all of three minutes--is right. I just don't see how having him come to that conclusion, after reversing two seasons worth of growth, is something we're supposed to cheer for.

So I understand that we don't know how things will actually play out. But I'm saying this after absorbing all of 3A plus all the interviews and hints and spoilers we're getting: the EPs are fully invested in building up Laurel and Ray, and my personal opinion is that they are doing that by tearing Oliver down and by making the other characters servants to Laurel and Ray's arcs. That's what I saw in 3A; and they're making 3B sound like second verse, same as the first.

If that's not the case, wonderful. But I came into this season with a great deal of good will and faith in the writers, and it's gone. I would love to believe they will turn it around in 3B, and if they do no one will be happier than me. But I feel like I've invested in enough TV shows in my life to see the writing on the wall here--as far as this season goes. I think it's a write-off, for me, and my only real hope now is that they can recover for Season 4. Man, I know that sounds pessimistic, but I swear it's just me trying to be realistic about my own hopes for the season.

• Love 12

But it wouldn't be a white collar crime because she would have beaten someone up or killed them or blown something up. Wouldn't that place her in the regular cells of Iron Heights, where it seems every prisoner is given a key to get out as they arrive.

I was making a joke, but you're right. She'd go to Iron Heights.

Watched the new clip with Laurel and Roy. "I guess you ain't her". Taking lessons from the Gotham school of dialog where everyone speaks WINK WINK, aren't we?

I can't watch it. Is it awkward and uncomfortable or CHEMISTRY? LOL

I can't watch it. Is it awkward and uncomfortable or CHEMISTRY? LOL

It's mostly Laurel swinging around a bo staff awkwardly - Roy doesn't jump in until the end. Sadly there are no AWKWARD EYE MOVEMENTS.

Did she have a voice modulator on or...was that her Arrow voice?