Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Thanks to everyone for gathering and sharing new from Nashville. 

SA's truth or lie about Diggle firing and missing seems oddly specific and makes me wonder if Dig is hurt in someway.  Thea has been in too many comas and I don't see them killing her so I doubt the Thea clue.   I can see some issue where Dig can still fight, but his skills are diminished.  Seems like one of the few story lines they haven't had for Dig.  I also wonder if someone being hurt brings Felicity's tech goals back and is what helps get her moving towards Smoak Tech.  And I vaguely remember DR saying we will see more of what the helmet can do this year - perhaps because he needs some help? 

ETA:  typed this before the new spoilers - seems at least a piece of it is even more likely now...

Having typed that I realize I have now probably given the motivation of these characters more thought that the whole writing team which will have them do whatever is needed for plot. 

Add me to the hope the wedding is not part of the crossover - too many people I don't care about are involved that way.  I am worried that Curtis will end up being the one that marries them based on EK's statement about trying to bring them together.  I will only, only accept this if it is because Oliver needs Dig as his best man - otherwise it should be Dig. 

Not sure how I feel about Felicity and William - guess it is unavoidable - but good lord what do I have to do for some Dig and Felicity scenes???

Edited by Mrs. de Winter
add a note
  • Love 5

Hmm. I wonder if Diggle kills someone and pretends they died in the explosion? 

Very Dark and probably wrong.

2 Truths and 1 Lie (assuming DR played it right he didn't get the game back in COH Birmingham). Wedding is truth, and I'm guessing 523 is other truth

• Love 1

Maybe Diggle accidentally kills BM or hurts Thea. Oliver and Diggle will then fight about guns, making the whole season about 'no guns'. ;-)

That being said if Diggle were to get an actual storyline I'd be super thrilled. Also maybe his nephew shows back up and he has a play date with William. 

2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I was guessing the other way - tries to stop someone from escaping and misses - but yours actually seems more inline with the show.  But we just had Dig kill his brother -- would they do another Dig kills someone story so soon?  And would it be Samantha?  Otherwise it is someone "bad" so how much (in terms of Arrow's morality) would anyone care?

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

2 Truths and 1 Lie (assuming DR played it right he didn't get the game back in COH Birmingham). Wedding is truth, and I'm guessing 523 is other truth

Interesting spec, they kinda Havenrocked the repurcussions of Diggle killing his brother and he tortured that guy in the Russia episode. I know he reupped to deal with it but then it became about being set up to bring in Helix so perhaps he's heading into another by any means necessary storyline as well. Maybe since the team is ginormous right now they split into two teams. Team Oliver vs Team Diggle? Diving straight into repeating S5 storylines. 

I was thinking maybe something happens to Carly and Diggle has to be responsible for his nephew even though apparently they forgot about them in S4. 

ETA: I forgot what happened to Boomerang in 523, maybe Diggle tries to kill him because he did try to kill his wife and it goes wrong somehow? 

Edited by leopardprint

My guess about Diggle is that maybe almost being blown up will call back to Diggle's time in the war and that will make his PTSD act up again. His PTSD will cause issues within the team and make him take drastic measures from time to time that some of the team will agree with and some won't. Thus 'civil war'.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

I was guessing the other way - tries to stop someone from escaping and misses - but yours actually seems more inline with the show.  But we just had Dig kill his brother -- would they do another Dig kills someone story so soon?  And would it be Samantha?  Otherwise it is someone "bad" so how much (in terms of Arrow's morality) would anyone care?

I just went an pulled up @tv echo transcript and it seems that SA was talking about the gun not Diggle

Diggle, uh, fires and misses someone, as in, like, he deploys his gun and it doesn't work...

Edited by Morrigan2575

Maybe Slade or Talia tries to take off with Thea or Felicity or Samantha and Diggle somehow fails to rescue them? 

Getting kidnapped while kidnapped, that's some next level repetitive right there. 

8 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

good lord what do I have to do for some Dig and Felicity scenes???

I've already resigned myself to maybe two this season. Especially with the rift between Oliver and Diggle. They'll probably use that as an excuse for no Diggle/Felicity scenes even though we got that one in S1 when Diggle left. 

4 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

I was guessing the other way - tries to stop someone from escaping and misses 

Maybe he lets BS go because his guilt over Laurel's death comes back? Then BS is free and now Oliver's on the "she can't be redeemed" side because she helped the guy who kidnapped Myson?

• Love 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Maybe he lets BS go because his guilt over Laurel's death comes back? Then BS is free and now Oliver's on the "she can't be redeemed" side because she helped the guy who kidnapped Myson?

That's a good guess or he accidentally kills Artemis and hides it from the team, since Oliver seemed pretty into saving her? 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

My guess about Diggle is that maybe almost being blown up will call back to Diggle's time in the war and that will make his PTSD act up again. His PTSD will cause issues within the team and make him take drastic measures from time to time that some of the team will agree with and some won't. Thus 'civil war'.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards this as well with the "more injured than anyone realizes." Maybe whatever scene he'll wear the GA suit hints at that or causes him to really act out or something, and that'll be his own catalyst for his plot this season. Then cue reasoning for a Diggle relative.

• Love 1
(edited)

Um. Smoak Tech has been talked about since s4 for Curtis? Am I reading that right? Please tell me I'm not.

They better not insert Curtis into the Smoak Tech stuff. Seriously. I'll be ready to fight someone.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 5

I think he means it's been talked about to him since S4. Possibly longer for EBR or MG/WM.

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Um. Smoak Tech has been talked about since s4 for Curtis? Am I reading that right? Please tell me I'm not. 

• Love 2

Didn't someone guess that like immediately after the spoiler about Digg in the GA suit?

I don't see how they have the Smoak T storyline without Curtis but I want Felicity to be the major driver not him. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think he means it's been talked about to him since S4. Possibly longer for EBR or MG/WM.

Hmm. That's only slightly better! I mean, I already assumed Curtis would be involved somehow because I know they can't help themselves but I need it to be Felicity's thing mainly. 

Not sure if this counts as being outed if they're still covering it up. I hate the idea of Oliver being outed or outing himself. However, if someone outs Oliver as GA and the team's covers it up by having Diggle wear the suit (ala  Roy in S3) I'm OK with it...for now.

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Hmm. That's only slightly better! I mean, I already assumed Curtis would be involved somehow because I know they can't help themselves but I need it to be Felicity's thing mainly. 

I just always assumed Curtis would be involved with Smoke Tech. I hope they tone down Marry Stu Curtis since they now have Marty Stu Mr. Terrific 

• Love 4
(edited)

Does that mean that Susan or a mention of her will appear in the first six episodes? Do Thea and Felicity get to say "I told you so."? I'm ok with a very brief reappearance if everyone gets to tell Oliver how stupid and wrong he was. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Well it is Curtis' technology (the microchip as well as the T spheres) so he has to be involved somehow. I don't like it too much but he was better in season 4 when he was Felicity's subordinate and not a team member so hopefully the reduce his role in s6.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3
Just now, wonderwall said:

Well it IS Curtis' technology (the microchip as well as the T spheres) so he has to be involved somehow.

Sure. I just don't want the whole thing to revolve around him. I'd like Felicity to get something for herself, especially as the dude already takes away from her skillset in the bunker. 

• Love 3
Just now, Angel12d said:

Sure. I just don't want the whole thing to revolve around him. I'd like Felicity to get something for herself, especially as the dude already takes away from her skillset in the bunker. 

Sorry I added more to the comment. 

3 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Does that mean that Susan or a mention of her will appear in the first six episodes? Do Thea and Felicity get to say "I told you so."? 

I hope so. And I hope someone points out that Oliver's secret isn't just his secret and they can all be in trouble if he's outed. 

• Love 1

Didn't they already do Oliver outed but a team member takes the fall only with Roy?seems really repetitive to go that way again.

I always figured Curtis will be involved in smoak tech but yeah I hope they tone it down and he isn't a big focus and that she has other people to interact with in that storyline because I really dislike the Curtis and Felicity dynamic tbh.

(edited)

I think the tweet is just bad wording, it gives the impression Smoak Tech was a storyline for him not a storyline he would just be apart of. 

Im not sure how I feel about Diggle playing GA. Or really how that it is going to work. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

Didn't they already do Oliver outed but a team member takes the fall only with Roy?seems really repetitive to go that way again.

I don't think Diggle is taking the fall so much as maybe Susan(?) Outs Oliver but, she has no proof so people/reporters/cops are keeping tabs on Mayor Queen so he has to keep a low vigilante profile while Diggle puts on the suit to throw everyone off the trail.

Although,  it would be super cool if Chase's last move was to out Oliver in the event of his (Chase's) death.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Outing without really outing since there's a backup Green Arrow is just drama with zero stakes. 

If this is the cause of the rift between Oliver and Diggle, it seems like maybe Oliver would choose to out himself for some reason and it wouldn't be Shady Susie's doing? I suppose Susie could still do it and Oliver could just object to Diggle running around to take the heat off of him, but he's let Diggle do that before for the same reason so that seems weaksauce, but this is Arrow so...could happen!

• Love 3
(edited)

How is Oliver being outed gonna work? Does this mean he's not going to be GA for 6 episodes? I'm confused. My brain is so slow today, haha. Sorry.

8 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I don't like it too much but he was better in season 4 when he was Felicity's subordinate and not a team member so hopefully the reduce his role in s6.

I hope so! As I said, I expected Curtis to work there and be involved somehow I just don't want him taking over.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Outing without really outing since there's a backup Green Arrow is just drama with zero stakes. 

If this is the cause of the rift between Oliver and Diggle, it seems like maybe Oliver would choose to out himself for some reason and it wouldn't be Shady Susie's doing? I suppose Susie could still do it and Oliver could just object to Diggle running around to take the heat off of him, but he's let Diggle do that before for the same reason so that seems weaksauce, but this is Arrow so...could happen!

You completely misunderstood the entire story.  Susan wasn't shady she was the nicest most honorable journalist Eva! ? ?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Blowing up an island with everyone on it and killing no regulars is also drama with zero stakes, I think it's just their M.O. at this point. They don't think beyond "Wouldn't it be cool if...?" 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 5
Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

If Diggle is GA, is no one going out as Spartan? Will they just ignore that and pretend no one remembers Spartan existed or act like GA is more recognizable and no one will notice if Spartan is MIA for a few episodes?

Slade plays Spartan ?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

You completely misunderstood the entire story.  Susan wasn't shady she was the nicest most honorable journalist Eva! ? ?

Oh, and don't you know, if Susan outs Oliver, it'll totally be because "she's a good person and good reporter. So there."

^^That'll be a direct quote from an EP if it happens. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Oh, and don't you know, if Susan outs Oliver, it'll totally be because "she's a good person and good reporter. So there."

That actually would be her being a good reporter for once. Sleeping on the story that the mayor is the city's masked vigilante is just...god, she sucks.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

^^That'll be a direct quote from an EP if it happens. 

Oliver: "Thea, you're just mad because she's such a good reporter. See you in 25 years to Life..."

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, tangerine95 said:

I would be suprised if they had Susan out Oliver even tho it makes total sense because the EPs went out of their way to defend her and act like thinking she was shady was watching it wrong.

Now that they don't have to sell her as St. Susan the Great because Oliver's sleeping with her for whatever reason, they're free to pretend S5 didn't exist and go with what they actually wrote instead of what they meant to write, haha.

• Love 7

Diggle, uh, fires and misses someone, as in, like, he deploys his gun and it doesn't work... 

Could it be something like Dig tries to execute Slade but his gun fails and the rift isn't Dig mad at Oliver so much as Oliver mad at Dig?  That would be new-ish. 

1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

Could this tie into my above spec perhaps?  

9 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Fandom loves Raisa and I don't ever remember what she looks like (someone sent me a pic yesterday to show me). She was such a non entity for me. I'm happy that she's possibly coming back for fandom's sake but, I couldn't care less.

I care only because she felt like they didn't explain what happened to her after she made the impression that she mattered to Oliver in the pilot.  Before Felicity, she was the first and really only character I felt Oliver really honestly relaxed around.  Plus she spoke Russian which could have tied her to the Russian mafia, lol,  so her vanishing after Oliver seemed to have a real connection to her, seemed like a dropped plot point.  I wouldn't recognize her but I'm still pleased with the chance for some closure.  

1 minute ago, Belinea said:

Is it just me or are they giving away big actual plot line spoilers at the moment?  

Yeah.  I kind of wonder about DR telling the fan about Dig playing the GA being a big plot point.  I love knowing, but should she have shared it with all of us?  

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Now that they don't have to sell her as St. Susan the Great because Oliver's sleeping with her for whatever reason, they're free to pretend S5 didn't exist and go with what they actually wrote instead of what they meant to write, haha.

Oliver in S6: "Why didn't anyone tell me not to date Susan? Why didn't anyone tell me to be concerned about a reporter knowing the truth about me? How was I to know this could be a problem?"

• Love 6

-- On 2 truths and 1 lie about 601, SA: "Oliver and Slade have a scene in the present day... Diggle, uh, fires and misses someone, as in, like, he deploys his gun and it doesn't work... And, uh, Thea is in a present day scene where we speak to one another." (HVFF-Nashville, Jul. 8, 2017: Pia Val video of SA panel, page 3 of New Spoilers thread, and heroesfanfest tweet & video of SA panel, page 1553 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

So, which is the lie then? 

4 minutes ago, tv echo said:

So, which is the lie then? 

And, uh, Thea is in a present day scene where we speak to one another."  I fear this one.  I have a feeling that Thea is going to go find herself for a while again.  

• Love 1
(edited)
27 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Oliver in S6: "Why didn't anyone tell me not to date Susan? Why didn't anyone tell me to be concerned about a reporter knowing the truth about me? How was I to know this could be a problem?"

Diggle: "You were just lonely so it is totally fine that you endangered everyone because you were so desperate to get laid. Not at all a lesson you should have learned before with Isabel or Helena. This is a brand new situation. It's really Thea's fault for not keeping her away from you and Felicity's for dumping you. They should know you need adult supervision." 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Belinea said:

Is it just me or are they giving away actual big plot line spoilers at the moment?  

I love it sooo much. MG blacks out episode titles, while these gorgeous idiots are like, Olicity's getting married! A fan asks an innocuous - what do you think about this idea? and DR's all, OMG, you've guessed it, wanna look at my script? It's making me seriously consider going to San Jose HVFF. 

I'm happy they seem happy. I hoping it bodes well for my enjoyment of S6. 

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I'm happy they seem happy. I hoping it bodes well for my enjoyment of S6

So it's not just me projecting?  They really do seem more excited about what's coming up than I recall from last year.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

So it's not just me projecting?  They really do seem more excited about what's coming up than I recall from last year.  

Last year Stephen was being a defensive ass and getting in to verbal fights with fans asking questions at his panels and then making bitter Facebook videos defending his defensiveness. 

Its ts like night and day this year.

• Love 9