Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Just now, Sunshine said:

It's why I'm wondering if co-parenting might be where the drama comes from. I guess we'll have to see who survives but MySon has already been kidnapped twice because of Oliver. Mom might want no contact whereas dad is no longer going to want to keep him at a distance would be my guess.  If he can't have a relationship with his first born son because it's too dangerous, how could he marry Felicity & have olicitots as some fans desire?  

That's not a problem between Oliver and Felicity, though. Hypothetically, if they did defeat Chase in 521 and kept on with their relationship, you'd basically have the scenario where Oliver/Samantha thought it would be best to keep him at a distance yet Felicity seems all on board to get back together (or at least take it slow) with him despite that. Here, we have the idea that Oliver might want to be more involved with William's life, and there's been no indication that Felicity would be against that (in fact, given that she was the one advocating to have both and admitting to Donna that she thinks Oliver would be a great father and that she seemed against the idea of sending the kid away-more about being left out of the decisions but given the comment she made in 523 it seems like she didn't like the decision in general). It could at least slow them from getting married/engaged in say 601 or 6a, but I don't think it would actually cause drama between them, only for Oliver in the case of trying to have both again.

• Love 1
(edited)
Just now, Mellowyellow said:

FitzSimmons rarely have drama between them but the universe hates them and throws everything and anything bad their way.

So I'm expecting a universe enforced seperation for Olicity like FitzSimmons rather than the BMD like drama. 

They already had a seperation. I dont get why people expect a new type of drama or seperation. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm taking SA;s statement that WA will get married first =  don't get your hopes up for a quick Olicity wedding.  Entirely apart from any WestAllen plans.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

So I'm expecting a universe enforced seperation for Olicity like FitzSimmons rather than the BMD like drama

I don't expect any real drama though from the Myson situation anymore.  (Between Olicity)

I expect bonding and support and Oliver pouring his heart out and Felicity telling him how lucky the crayon eater is to have him in his life.  I think the kid being some level of involved in Oliver's life will slow things down but not in a bad or soapy kind of way.  I'm sure at times Oliver and Felicity will disagree, but then I'm sure we'll get discussions, not angst or drama.  I mean, I sort of like their fights when they are contained in a single episode.  

• Love 3
(edited)

If there is an issue, Felicity will probably step back because that is what she always does anyways. I still don't know when she told Oliver her father tried to steal from her and she had him arrested. Like I get Thea was dying but it's not like Oliver was doing anything except standing there by then, if I recall the sequence of events correctly. 

Edited by leopardprint

I can understand Oliver and Felicity not getting married soon because of William and too many changes in his life but I can't see them forcing Oliver and Felicity into more drama or separation after the last season and a half.  The payoff for having them together and in the background is just much better.

• Love 5
(edited)
5 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

If there is an issue, Felicity will probably step back because that is what she always does anyways. I still don't know when she told Oliver her father tried to steal from her and she had him arrested. Like I get Thea was dying but it's not like Oliver was doing anything except standing there by then, if I recall the sequence of events correctly. 

The pacing of storyline in a lot of those episodes were off in season 4.  It was painfully obvious they handed off different parts of the episode to different writers and then tried to mash it together. 

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

I can understand Oliver and Felicity not getting married soon because of William and too many changes in his life but I can't see them forcing Oliver and Felicity into more drama or separation after the last season and a half.  The payoff for having them together and in the background is just much better.

Yeah, there's just no upside to that. I don't expect any real bumps in their relationship until a wedding and even then it will be I'm sure the universe against them, not personal conflict.  I think the personal conflict part of their relationship is over.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

I think people are overthinking the William situation. 

William is becoming the new 'Zomg Tinah and Oliver are totally going to have a slow burn romance/hook up/love triangle with Felicity' over assumption.

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 5
(edited)

I think I would be ok with Oliver focusing on Myson with drama free background Olicity if Felicity also has her own storyline of building Smoak Tech or something like that. 

(Also if it's just Oliver and Myson in those scenes, makes it easier to fast forward...?)

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I think I would be ok with Oliver focusing on Myson with drama free background Olicity if Felicity also has her own storyline of building Smoak Tech or something like that. 

(Also if it's just Oliver and Myson in those scenes, makes it easier to fast forward...?)

Agree!!!! I always resent crappy scenes with Felicity around because I am forced to watch them! 

48 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm taking SA;s statement that WA will get married first =  don't get your hopes up for a quick Olicity wedding.  

This actually is what I was thinking.  I don't expect any Olicity drama over MySon but I could definitely see the adjustment to having a child and learning to parent in addition to vigilantism and being mayor not leaving much time for romance.  If baby mama is in a coma, dead or otherwise incapacitated MySon should  be the priority. He's 8. Felicity would step back.  She might turn her attention to starting Smoak Tech.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Sunshine said:

If baby mama is in a coma, dead or otherwise incapacitated MySon should  be the priority. He's 8. Felicity would step back.

If he should be the priority, wouldn't Felicity want to help and not just step back? I do think that she'll be going towards Smoak Tech, but I think that there could still be room for both.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, leopardprint said:

Not that it matters at all in regards to your point, but he's 11 or 12. They say he was 10 in 415. 

Thanks LOL. I was using season 2 flashbacks being 9 years ago when she discovered she was pregnant and subtracting approximately 9 months. Incorrect!!!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

If he should be the priority, wouldn't Felicity want to help and not just step back? I do think that she'll be going towards Smoak Tech, but I think that there could still be room for both.

Like @Velocity23 said I think people are over estimating how big a role William will play. I'm sure he's going to be a feature of the season but it doesn't mean he's going to be the sole focus.

And to say that Olicity will take a step back so Oliver and his relationship with his son can be the priority is like saying Oliver should then take a step back from Green Arrow to prioritise his son, that he should step back from the Mayors office to prioritise his son. I can see Olicity waiting to get married-because the CW want a sweeps wedding mainly- but I really don't think it's going to be this angsty Oliver choosing his son over Felicity thing.

Being a father is a big part of Diggles life but it doesn't take away from any of his other relationships or focus and we don't see little John every episode so I don't imagine Oliver as a father is going to be so hugely different.

Again people thought Dinah was going to take up all the focus of the show to but a part from her introduction Ep she was very much a contributing background player so I'm sure William who is both a child with limited filming schedules and not that great an actor to begin wint have oodles of screen time fingers crossed.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I could see her helping. However, if mom dies dad should be who he bonds with because Oliver is the parent. Felicity is just daddy's friend.  All of that said, this show has a weird thing about blood ties. I just expect them to focus on them.

• Love 2

I am not expecting oodles of screen time for MySon.  I do think though in a season with the theme of Family that Oliver as dad will get some focus.  He's the lead. Diggle is not. I will be more than happy to be wrong.

• Love 1
Just now, Sunshine said:

I could see her helping. However, if mom dies dad should be who he bonds with because Oliver is the parent. Felicity is just daddy's friend.  All of that said, this show has a weird thing about blood ties. I just expect them to focus on them.

Ok, I just don't equate "helping" with "stepping back," just a difference in perception. Like, I don't think she's going to go all step-mom, but that she and Oliver are still going to have some sort of scene(s) about this set-up, since she's a main character and the kid who has limited working hours isn't. 

Again people thought Dinah was going to take up all the focus of the show to but a part from her introduction Ep she was very much a contributing background player so I'm sure William who is both a child with limited filming schedules and not that great an actor to begin wint have oodles of screen time fingers crossed.

I think the big difference with talking about William is even if his existence actually did turn out to be more than expected, oh well, it won't fundamentally change the show for long.

I can see lots of speculation about all the ways Myson MIGHT affect the show, but personally, I'm not feeling any great angst over it.  (Actually, no angst, lol)  With Tina, I couldn't rule out her addition being the end of the show I watched. I thought it unlikely, but the possibility remained.   Myson is nothing that worrisome.  It's just that we have five months to fill.  Might as well hash out all the possibilities.  :D

Honestly, I'm more worried about Samantha (if she lives) than William. I think they know the kid can't act, so I don't expect much. (Plus the 5 month jump will probably help them put as much off-screen as they want.) But I've never liked Samantha and I didn't like what we got in 523. If she's still around and there's more of that? Nope. Not what I want to see. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I endured Wild Dog for most of the season before they toned him down.  And Curtis found new ways to annoy. Samantha will be a walk in that park since she probably won't be around for more than a few episodes.  And frankly, I really enjoyed being able to hate every word that came out of her mouth.  I know I'm not supposed to love to hate her, but bonus?  

And I have loved the actress on another show, so if they give her workable material that makes her come off more like a human being, then that's good too.  :D

Edited by BkWurm1

Is there any way the show could be rescheduled back to Wednesday at midseason? Because Feb. 14th falls on a Wednesday next year... just sayin', for those hoping for an Olicity wedding next season.

Like I said this was the first con that Stephen actively said he wants to see a wedding and that he'd talked to someone about it being in a crossover so I'm on wedding watch. (Even though still not keen on a crossover wedding)

• Love 2

William, IMO, is totally fine in doses. The kid is incredibly harmless now that the contrived drama is out of the way. As long as we don't get Oliver trying to be a father in every episode, I'll be OK. Plus seeing him with his son and maybe seeing Felicity get to know him for a couple of episodes per season may be sweet... All they have to do is just not make the kid kidnap bait anymore and actually give him a personality.

But typing that out, the fact that the writers haven't given the kid a personality or anything to work with goes to show they really don't care to keep him on and explore that character so yeah... Not worried.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

As long as we don't get Oliver trying to be a father in every episode, I'll be OK.

Also need a hard limit on how many times Oliver can say "my son" per episode. Three seems sufficient. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Also need a hard limit on how many times Oliver can say "my son" per episode. Three seems sufficient. 

Hopefully they just did that because the kid is such a non-entity that they were worried people wouldn't know him by name and they'll simmer down in the future. Please. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Hopefully if they stop making the kid kidnap bait, they'll limit the "my son" lines to 2 max lol

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I'm not sure Tinah deserves that.

I meant in how we panic over it without actually knowing what is in store for this kid just like we did the same thing on here when Tina was announced. 

• Love 4

It might be just me, but EK's face looks like not EK's face (I think it might be the hair since no fro and no braids). JH looks pretty though, and I guess she'll be doing one of the "there's only x days until the return of Arrow" and the Youtube outro?

• Love 1

BS's boots are ridiculous.  She couldn't walk properly in them the first time, why has no one fixed that?

Are the fight scenes filmed in the dark to hide how bad some of the costumes are? The Mr. T. mask looks even more ridiculous in the light.  The 'T' is a nod to his name but sometimes you've got to give up the fantasy and go with practical.

1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

Zero for me.  "My son" is a possession, not a person.

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Zero for me.  "My son" is a possession, not a person.

So I guess I should stop saying "my daughter" when speaking about my daughter? 

Because I do this all the time especially when I talk to people I barely know or when I talk to someone online or when I talk to people who don't know her name...

Edited by wonderwall

All they have to do is recast the actor who plays William and give the kid a personality and I could cope with him in small doses.

I can dream, right?!

Those boots. I can't wait for the explanation as to how Black Siren survived the island being blown up after being knocked out and wearing those boots. (Was she wearing those boots in the finale? I'm just assuming she was because I didn't pay any attention to her shoes.) 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I can't wait for the explanation as to how Black Siren survived the island being blown up after being knocked out and wearing those boots.

Perhaps she used them as a tool? Good for killing small animals to eat, maybe breaking/cutting some stuff, etc.

• Love 2

TerrificSiren? I laughed. At the hashtag and the pic. I needed that today so thanks EK! 

1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Those boots. I can't wait for the explanation as to how Black Siren survived the island being blown up after being knocked out and wearing those boots. (Was she wearing those boots in the finale? I'm just assuming she was because I didn't pay any attention to her shoes.) 

She probably woke up shortly after being knocked out.

The bright light they shone on their faces is not doing any favours for neither of them.

Also someone explain to me why Katie needs to be blonde for BS, is it because Dinah is a brunette and they need a way to distinguish the stunt doubles when they're fighting. The blonde ages Katie by at least 10 years...and the fact that her hair is thin doesn't help either.

• Love 2

Does it bother anyone else when female action characters are in shoes that they can't be action-y in?  Every time I see Sara or Amaya in workable boots, I breathe a sigh of relief.

1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

Because I do this all the time especially when I talk to people I barely know or when I talk to someone online or when I talk to people who don't know her name...

I'll give him a pass when it's talking to strangers or about him to people who don't know his name.  But if it's to Thea or any of Team Arrow or yelling at Chase who most certainly knows the kid's name, just nope.  Unless his first name really is Myson.

• Love 5

Hmm.  Why would they do a photo with Terrific and BS?   I get why actors would be in the same shot but this was them in character at an official photo shoot, right? I wonder if Dinah isn't the only one that will have BS as a personal villain.  Maybe BS is here to specifically harass all of the B team.  

• Love 1

That's an weird combination. 

Can I hope that Curtis is joining up with BS??? It would make FF so much easier. 

Wonder what other pairings we will get....Thea and Quentin....WD and BC....OTA....Olicity.

• Love 4