Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Felicity, more about Felicity's background, Charlotte Ross? I'm in, for the first time since 3x01.

But the little detail that scored big with me? That frame of Team Arrow + Roy, in their Arrowcave, without interloper. It makes me hope for what I consider a vintage Arrow episode.

And maybe the "worst first dates" wasn't just a throwaway line, and we'll get to know how what it was, if the Ex is involved.

• Love 4

I've watched the promo before this weeks episode…I'm so excited for it.

Totally the ex-boyfriend, this make what 3 terrorist attacks on Starling City within 18 months?

Really why are people staying?

• Love 3

No but seriously who else wishes that "The Secret Origins of Felicity Smoak" was the 50th episode? The promos have got me ALL UP AND READY. Which is probably what "The Magician" should've done, but I was too busy thinking about Felicity's episode to care.

I've been avoiding promo videos for the last three episodes but guess who's jonsing for a Felicity Smoak episode video? Me!

• Love 2

I watched the full New Zealand commercial for the next episode and it was kinda Ugh. They lead it with Lance and Laurel talking about Sara and flashes of Laurel training. Then went to Felicity. PLEASE PLEASE keep Laurel away from Felicity's episode. 

• Love 6

I watched the full New Zealand commercial for the next episode and it was kinda Ugh. They lead it with Lance and Laurel talking about Sara and flashes of Laurel training. Then went to Felicity. PLEASE PLEASE keep Laurel away from Felicity's episode. 

Pretty much exactly what I felt. I really hoped we wouldn't have any Laurel in the episode but...agh. I really hope that she's kept to a bare minimum. I'm getting tired of seeing her so much.

• Love 1

Happy Harpy mentioned the shot of Team Arrow in the Foundry and I want to echo the hope that this episode is a return to that dynamic. I want this to be about Felicity's backstory and the family she found in present day. I really want a scene of the Team coming together to support Felicity. And I don't know what I want more: classic Oliver / Felicity or Classic Diggle / Felicity.

• Love 6

Emliy Bett Rickards talks Felicity-centric episode on 'Arrow'

29.10.2014. Shane Olga Ocampo

http://www.spoilersguide.com/arrow/emliy-bett-rickards-talks-felicity-centric-episode/

This part sounds interesting:

On whether she was surprised by anything she learned about Felicity:

Yeah, I was surprised. I mean, "surprised" is maybe not the right word. I think I've just been craving to know these things about her. I'm so grateful that I -- I feel like I'm so much closer to my best friend now. [Laughs] It's so weird! It's the weirdest thing. She's so special to me. She has a darker path than I ever wanted to really play with, because I think that makes me a little sad that she's gone through a few really terrible things. But it's interesting, because I can connect with her on that level to a certain extent as well. I don't know, she just really warms my heart.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I want classic team Arrow. I sincerely wish Laurel would leave the city to go train. At least Roy is low key...for now. When Felicity talked about Team Arrow working like a well oiled machine on The Flash I longed for those days when everything was sunshine and daisies.

• Love 5

The Rise of Laurel Lance, ladies & gentlemen.

Yeah probably, but also I would guess a LOT of Ray Palmer and Ra's al Ghul. I wonder if Oliver goes missing after the literal cliffhanger? UGH and then Felicity thinks he's also dead? And has grief sex with Ray? UGH I don't want to go down these trope-y speculation alleys! I mean I guess I'm glad for Stephen's life/work balance, poor overworked guy.

Oliver is gonna be pisssssssseddddd. 

Also, shoehorning Laurel into this episode where she's obviously not relevant isn't going to help her character. smh

Well...since the episode hasn't aired yet, we don't really know if Laurel is being shoehorned into the episode yet or not.

The Rise of Laurel Lance, ladies & gentlemen.  Frees up my winter nights!

I think Stephen Amell is doing a really good job, but I don't like Oliver. At all. So I'm happy enough to see the show focus on other characters if his shooting schedule is a little lighter at the moment.

I'm trying to figure out why this would be, without Oliver actually being missing, and all I can figure is that it would be a combination of other characters getting the flashbacks, and the story being spread out enough that Oliver doesn't have to be in every scene in the present. Laurel and Felicity having their stories so separated from his would help. But then there's the "long stretch" of shirtlessness...

Well...since the episode hasn't aired yet, we don't really know if Laurel is being shoehorned into the episode yet or not.

When it comes to the writers and Laurel I tend to think of the worst possible thing that can happen... And usually it comes true :p 

• Love 3

I hope you're right about the flashbacks Carrie Ann, because at this point I only like the flashbacks when they focus on anyone but Oliver. The flashbacks were never my favourite part of the show, but I think the Promise spending the majority of its runtime focusing on events we already knew about effectively killed my interest in anything involving Oliver before the present timeline. Which is why I'm so excited about next week and seeing Felicity before Starling.

When it comes to the writers and Laurel I tend to think of the worst possible thing that can happen... And usually it comes true :p

Fair enough!

I'm assuming that with the title "Left Behind" Oliver is going off with Ra's and the shirtless a lot is him training with the LOA a la Christian Bale in the Batman movies.  He's probably not filming because the story in dealing with the people left behind in Starling.  But that's just my guess.

• Love 2

SA posted a video on his Facebook page yesterday wearing his flashback hair, so I think he's still filming his flashbacks. I guess this means we'll see less of Oliver in the present?

I wonder how much interaction Oliver/Felicity are going to have in 3x05? SA only filmed for a few days and Oliver has a whole subplot with Thea as per the episode description. I don't think there will be much O/F in 3x05 either.

Edited by drspaceman10

I wonder how much interaction Oliver/Felicity are going to have in 3x05? SA only filmed for a few days and Oliver has a whole subplot with Thea as per the episode description. I don't think there will be much O/F in 3x05 either.

This is why despite MG's "pay back with interest" tweet, I am keeping my Olicity expectations very low for next week.

• Love 4

This is probably just me but if there is Oliver/Felicity in this episode great but I don't need it. I've waited two seasons for info on Felicity.  Every other character can go get a coffee this episode for all I care. I've been patient, I've been a good TV viewer, I put up with episode after episode after episode about characters I don't like and don't care about. I want my reward.  I want backstory. I want her full fleshed out. I want more than just a throwaway line about her life. 

I'm fine with Oliver manpaining with Thea, Diggle playing with the Digglette or Laurel doing whatever she does off screen.

My ONLY requirement is that this actually BE a Felicity episode and not another TOD.  Don't fail me show.

• Love 20

I'm assuming that with the title "Left Behind" Oliver is going off with Ra's and the shirtless a lot is him training with the LOA a la Christian Bale in the Batman movies.  He's probably not filming because the story in dealing with the people left behind in Starling.  But that's just my guess.

This is what I'm thinking too. At this point, they can probably get away with Oliver being a prisoner and/or guest of Ra's for 310-312 [hence shirtless and being the B-plot], while the show focuses on Team Arrow dealing with the consequences. Oliver can come back into town and/or be rescued during 313, right in time for February Sweeps.

• Love 4

This is probably just me but if there is Oliver/Felicity in this episode great but I don't need it. I've waited two seasons for info on Felicity. My ONLY requirement is that this actually BE a Felicity episode and not another TOD.  Don't fail me show.

I completely agree, I just don't think MG should be saying "Olicity is paid back with interest" if they will barely be having any scenes together. It's really misleading in my opinion. Felicity is pretty much the only reason I'm still watching Arrow at this point.

• Love 5

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/10/30/stephen-amell-arrow-interview/

Ugh, Stephen saying he hasn't been filming much. Does not improve my outlook on things to come.

Ugh. Same. Do they even want me to continue watching this show? Less Oliver = less Team Arrow, less Olicity = me, bored. I'm not here for the rise of BC show. I'm just not.

SA posted a video on his Facebook page yesterday wearing his flashback hair, so I think he's still filming his flashbacks. I guess this means we'll see less of Oliver in the present?

My expectations for 305 are pretty low because this season so far has been a complete mess. Even things promised fell completely short. I don't trust what the EP's say at all so I doubt there will be much Olicity either. As long as Felicity kills it, I guess that will be ok.

Edited by Guest

Well at least there is that.

Ita on olicity expectations for 3.05. I want to expect nothing so I will be pleased w whatever I get. I too, just want more felicity. Finally.

I really want her being in trouble to have zero to do with Oliver being the arrow. That would play nicely with where I hope they are going with all this.

Edited by chaos is welcome
AUSTIN BUTLER (“THE CARRIE DIARIES”) JOINS THE CAST AS CHASE; OLIVER DEALS WITH CARRIE CUTTER — Oliver (Stephen Amell) must stop an Arrow-obsessed serial killer, Carrie Cutter (guest star Amy Gumenick), who is convinced that The Arrow is her one true love and will stop at nothing to get his attention. Unfortunately, her way of getting his attention is to kill people. Meanwhile, Ray (Brandon Routh) asks Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) to be his date for a work dinner with important clients. Thea (Willa Holland) auditions new DJs for Verdant and meets Chase (Austin Butler), a brash DJ with whom she immediately clashes. Rob Hardy directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Beth Schwartz (#307). Original airdate 11/19/2014.

This is also the "Oliver visits Felicity at QC," "Ray is shirtless," and "The love fern reappears" ep.

Edited by ostentatious

SA said recently that he hadn't had any scenes with Brandon Routh since the premiere, so I don't think that Ray/Oliver will see each other. But, Oliver might come in after? 

Aren't those the people who wrote 2x14 (Time of Death)? Oh no...

Edited by drspaceman10

Why is Oliver training with Ra's and the LoA?  Did I miss something?  The last I heard, Nyssa and Ra's were saying Oliver was the enemy.

I think Stephen Amell is doing a really good job, but I don't like Oliver. At all. So I'm happy enough to see the show focus on other characters if his shooting schedule is a little lighter at the moment.

I'm all in favor of more emphasis on other characters as long as their names are Diggle and Felicity.  The Flash episode showed more than anything that Arrow doesn't use Felicity well. She did five different things on The Flash as opposed to her two on Arrow (tech and crushing).  And I think they could do the same with Diggle.  I'd maybe take Roy too in certain circumstances. But not Laurel.  IMO, Laurel's had more than enough airtime and storylines and not one has worked for me.

What are the odds that Oliver gets to Felicity's office right as Ray asks her to be his date?

Don't forget, just as he's changing his shirt from an espresso spill.  If there's a tacky way to do it, this show will.

Oliver (Stephen Amell) must stop an Arrow-obsessed serial killer, Carrie Cutter (guest star Amy Gumenick), who is convinced that The Arrow is her one true love and will stop at nothing to get his attention.

Why does that remind me of Laurel?

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

Oh my word. I'm so sure @Danny Franks mentioned a work "date" between Ray and Felicity. Yeah I'm not ready for this.

I really wish this show would lay off killing people. Why there's anyone still in Starling City is beyond me.

Edited by Limbo
  • Love 1

Why is Oliver training with Ra's and the LoA?  Did I miss something?  The last I heard, Nyssa and Ra's were saying Oliver was the enemy.

Last night Ra's just said he was courting war (IIRC). Didn't one of the EPs say that Ra's was going to try to recruit Oliver and that Ra's is going to tell Oliver he's not willing to do what it takes (cut ties to his friends) to be a warrior or something, or am I making that up?

SA's been doing a lot of weightlifting lately, so I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up going off with Ra's to train or something. It would make sense why SA's shooting schedule has been light lately.

Don't like the idea of a work "date" between Ray and Felicity either, but if it means Felicity gets to wear one of her "smoakin' " dresses and it elicits a visceral reaction from Oliver ... well, I'm not going to complain ;)

Since they're having Felicity recycle clothes occasionally, I'm hoping the black dress returns.

• Love 2

Since they're having Felicity recycle clothes occasionally, I'm hoping the black dress returns.

Agree. Loved the reaction that dress got from Eddie Thawne ;) Speaking of recycling clothes, the blue dress she's wearing in the promos for 3x05 looks like the zip dress she wore in "Tremors." I may have read a few fanfics featuring that dress.

• Love 2