Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

15 hours ago, statsgirl said:

SA and EBR are signed for S7. I don't know about anyone else.

Ι have heard that about Stephen but first time im hearing it about EBR.

8 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

There is one girl on Twitter claiming there is a kiss but I've got no idea if she's reliable or not. 

I think she is because she is the girl that MG DMed regarding the script page that was signed by the cast. I think she talks in DMs to him. 

11 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Although I'm honestly not 100% sure that's what they are doing. Something about CGs tweet (about Manu turning his head and covering his face with his iPad), makes me think Manu is desperately trying to make this a surprise appearance and, is using Twitter as a distraction/disinformation campaign. 

A pap said he did drugs. Unless the pap is trolling. 

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Chaser said:

KPs tweet was about MBs twitter behavior, he wasn't serious.

They seemed to cram a lot into yesterday. 5 scenes seem like a lot in one day. 

I don't even know what KP tweeted I was just talking about the 2 pics of MB at the airport and what looks like his stunt double (sans mask) on set. 

Just read Ken's tweets, looks like he's pissed that Manu is keeping up the denial. Personally I think it gets funnier the more Manu digs his heals in. I'm honestly curious to see if this little twitter "fued" benefits them in anyway.

ETA: I'm also finding the paps hilarious too since Ken P was 100% sure Manu wasn't coming back and that he knew all the surprise guests. I even recall CG tweeting about MG getting himself into this situation (implying MG lied about Manu coming back).

This whole thing gets funnier every day. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't even know what KP tweeted I was just talking about the 2 pics of MB at the airport and what looks like his stunt double (sans mask) on set. 

Just read Ken's tweets, looks like he's pissed that Manu is keeping up the denial. Personally I think it gets funnier the more Manu digs his heals in. I'm honestly curious to see if this little twitter "fued" benefits them in anyway.

ETA: I'm also finding the paps hilarious too since Ken P was 100% sure Manu wasn't coming back and that he knew all the surprise guests. I even recall CG tweeting about MG getting himself into this situation (implying MG lied about Manu coming back).

This whole thing gets funnier every day. 

Sorry, should have quoted. I was talking about KPs drug tweet. 

I wonder if its ever occurred to MB that he is throwing temper tantrums on SM about something he is wrong about.

ooh I keep forgetting we are a day ahead.

So probably no photos on your Friday right because it's a public holiday and I assume the CW office will be closed. 

Damnit I will not rest until I get those photos! With my luck they will be of the C team running around! 

I think that the WD/DD promotions might be bad news for Quentin and Thea.  Tinah is now the team's police contact/insider.  Oliver is supposedly going to be a great mayor, so he's not really going to need deputy mayors/aides to show up regularly. Team Arrow will have more than enough crime-fighting members. The show can easily deal with Quentin meeting his daughter's doppelganger, Black Siren, and those ramifications quickly in 522 or 523, which might lead to Quentin deciding to move away from Star City. They don't have to kill Thea.  Her journey to find herself could easily take her away from Star City, maybe to visit Roy for awhile.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I am not expecting stills for 5x20 when Flash didnt get theirs for 3x19 yet

That's so weird that I'm wondering if they meant to send Flash's and accidentally released Arrow's. 

31 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I think that the WD/DD promotions might be bad news for Quentin and Thea.  Tinah is now the team's police contact/insider.  Oliver is supposedly going to be a great mayor, so he's not really going to need deputy mayors/aides to show up regularly. Team Arrow will have more than enough crime-fighting members. The show can easily deal with Quentin meeting his daughter's doppelganger, Black Siren, and those ramifications quickly in 522 or 523, which might lead to Quentin deciding to move away from Star City. They don't have to kill Thea.  Her journey to find herself could easily take her away from Star City, maybe to visit Roy for awhile.

They said this?

• Love 1

I don't even know if Oliver will still be Mayor next season. But if he remains Mayor, then there's these comments...

-- MG: "One of the things we went into Season 5 with the mindset of is Oliver's mayor, so without it turning into The West Wing, how are we going to find ways to have Oliver be active as mayor, and to everyone's surprise, be a good mayor, end up being a good mayor. And you'll start to see, actually - and this is true in next week's episode, in Episode 14 - Thea's gonna make a good case to Oliver, of all people, for all the things he's accomplished as mayor, and you start to see like, oh wait, in the first 13 episodes, he actually kind of did some stuff. And he's not done yet. Obviously, the season's not done yet. But we definitely went into the season with the goal of showing that Oliver is actually much better at this job than you might expect." (Feb. 15, 2017 TVGuide article, page 53 of Spoilers thread, and Feb. 15, 2017 Entertainment Weekly article, page 1360 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

-- On whether Oliver can come back from the darkness, SA: “I actually do think so... I think that ultimately, if Oliver comes out on the winning side this year, he will have gone through some very important realizations that hopefully will help him grow as a person, as a friend, as a leader, as a teammate, as a hero, and as the mayor. I do think it’s important that there is a sense of victory and accomplishment because otherwise, we’re just destroying the city every year.” (Mar. 22, 2017 Entertainment Weekly article)

-- On whether he's hoping that Oliver stays Mayor of Star City, SA: "Yes. I’m really, really enjoying that. Oliver as Mayor has been some of my favorite stuff this year. It gave us the opportunity to do an episode like Episode 13 'Spectre of the Gun' which certainly provided the highest level of feedback that we’ve ever had for an episode. Some people loved it, some people hated it, a lot of people appreciated it, but I don’t know that we can do something like that if we didn’t have Oliver in the Mayor’s office." (Mar. 22, 2017 GreenArrowTV article, page 1435 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Chaser said:

That's so weird that I'm wondering if they meant to send Flash's and accidentally released Arrow's. 

Doubtful, more likely they released 519 stills early to drum up attention, support upcoming hiatus interviews or distract from bad press.

I think Oliver revealing himself as GA is a possibility for the cliffhanger based on SA's "but then how" and MG's "I can't believe they did that." for the audience reaction.  Flashbacks in 6.01 could show us the fallout and how we get to wherever Oliver is in 6.01.  It might also explain why William will find out sooner rather than later.

• Love 3

Yeah, I think it was an idea that lost some traction after some of SA's remarks at Chicago HVFF.  It also makes sense (to me) in the context of one journey ending and another beginning.

The only problem about Oliver revealing himself as GA is that means he's going to have to be in Star City at some point in the finale, right? Unless they're lying about it all taking place in one location to keep that a secret.

Otherwise, what, is he going to have a video scheduled for release while he's still on Lian Yu? (I would actually be amused if he did that. "I'm the Green Arrow. I'm not here right now because I'm currently fighting with and against my enemies on the island where I was for" - looks at hand - "five years. Yes, that's right. I was there all five years.")

Or could he do it before in 522, then make his escape to Lian Yu so they don't have to deal with the consequences this season and they could use the 6x01 flashbacks to show the immediate aftermath? 

ETA: He'd have a lot of questions to answer as mayor if he announces he's GA after his press conferences this year. I guess "Chase, remember him, he's Prometheus, big crazy serial killer, made me do it" could work? 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I think Oliver revealing himself as GA is a possibility for the cliffhanger based on SA's "but then how" and MG's "I can't believe they did that." for the audience reaction.  Flashbacks in 6.01 could show us the fallout and how we get to wherever Oliver is in 6.01.  It might also explain why William will find out sooner rather than later.

I think it's a possibility. They're running out of things they can crib from Batman. Maybe they've decided to move on to Iron Man. 

I guess it's tolerable depending on how they handle it. I don't want to watch Oliver on the run, or trials, or Oliver in prison. I have absolutely no interest in any of that. If they don't reveal to the public that Oliver was also the Hood/Arrow (keeping him from being charged for all of the people he killed then) and pin Billy's death on Chase, then I guess it could be interesting to see Oliver operating as GA in the open. BUT, I don't know how he can be openly GA and be mayor, and I actually kind of want him to stay mayor. If they let him actually be mayor instead of concentrating mostly on GA business and leaving mayoring as an after thought, I think he could be good at it. 

• Love 2

Did they say it was all on Lian Yu or that the action is taking place somewhere besides the city so it's not in danger this year? It only takes  one scene after a let's go home scene for Oliver to hold a press conference in Star City to reveal himself.

4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

The only problem about Oliver revealing himself as GA is that means he's going to have to be in Star City at some point in the finale, right? Unless they're lying about it all taking place in one location to keep that a secret.

Or they're talking in generalities.  In S2 MG said the entire 3 episode finale took place in 24 hours. As such when spoilers came out that SA/EBR were filming on the Island it was dismissed. In fact some fans went so far as to claim EBR was there to watch SA/CL film a flashback and/or babysit Mavi while SA was working.

It's quite possible that 41 minutes are on the island and minute 42 has Oliver/TA returning to SC where Oliver is confronted by reporters asking if it's true he's GA.

That does eliminate Oliver outing himself but, not Oliver being outed.

Of course the cliffhanger could be nothing of the sort. Maybe we find out Vigilante is Robert Queen (probably not since Jamie Sheridan has a pilot)?  

I think the cliffy is going to be the shocking reveal kind over the who lives/dies kind.

Of course it would be hilarious if the cliffy is Oliver dies (again).

9 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

ETA: He'd have a lot of questions to answer as mayor if he announces he's GA after his press conferences this year. I guess "Chase, remember him, he's Prometheus, big crazy serial killer, made me do it" could work? 

I thought that's why the reporter was sticking around for an exclusive interview but now I'm not sure. 

5 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

BUT, I don't know how he can be openly GA and be mayor, and I actually kind of want him to stay mayor. If they let him actually be mayor instead of concentrating mostly on GA business and leaving mayoring as an after thought, I think he could be good at it. 

I actually don't like the Mayor storyline for precisely these reasons, he just uses the office for GA business, and I'm not sure what accomplishments MG is taking about? A conveniently vague gun bill? I've also never liked the way the show has treated Oliver's culpability in Billy's death either so I hope they don't mention it again.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Based on things MG has said I only think SW would reveal Oliver's secret identity if he asked her to do it.

Yeah, based on what we see onscreen - her whole, "now I can't write my story" or whatever she said, "you deserve to be impeached," etc. - I'd say she'd reveal his identity in a heartbeat since that seems to be her attitude when they're not together. But then you have the interviews/Tumblr answers... So I'm basically just left confused about Susan. 

6 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah, based on what we see onscreen - her whole, "now I can't write my story" or whatever she said, "you deserve to be impeached," etc. - I'd say she'd reveal his identity in a heartbeat since that seems to be her attitude when they're not together. But then you have the interviews/Tumblr answers... So I'm basically just left confused about Susan. 

It's another case of them telling a different story than they think they are. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

What if the final scene is Susan writing a story on Oliver and revealing he is the GA! 

It'd be more shocking if he didn't know it was happening. Like Oliver and co are just getting off the plane from Lian Yu/China having beaten Prometheus and thinks Ng the worst is over only to be met by a horde of journos asking for him to comment on reports he is the Green Arrow. Bam fade to black.

• Love 4

Chekov's private investigator never amounted to anything so I think if they are going to out Oliver then he'll either ask Susan to write the story or give her an exclusive interview. Or maybe he's outed in 521 and hides until he has to go to Lian Yu for reasons. 

@LeighAn, I'm not sure if you've heard, but Susan is a good person and a good reporter, she just likes Oliver, she wouldn't do that. ;)

Seriously though, that's a good idea for an ending but would MG give up his precious Susie for a good cliffhanger?

ETA: Taking the weird Twitter nonsense with MB, maybe his insistence that she's not terrible has been to set up something like quoted above? 

Edited by leopardprint

IMG_2964.GIF.e824544deef81017ffff6beacf586175.GIF

I'm trying to think of how Oliver being outed as the GA would even work (even though I hate hate hate the idea).  Especially since there have been 2 manhunts and another investigation between the Hood, Arrow, and Green Arrow.

ARGUS or Mayor's office give Team Arrow quasi-legal status? The Governor will pardon him/them?

SC/SCPD just ignore it? Also how does that gel with Oliver's current "woe is me, I'm a shameless murderer status"? Star City says I'm not a murderer so I guess I am not. 

Eww, is Susan going to run a story about how wonderful GA is and the City should be grateful/forgive him? Omg, cause she is supposed to represent the city. Eww. ?

They will probably never mention that Felicity is the one in the most danger with her violations of all the federal anti-terrorism laws and the hacking of government agencies. She'd be locked up at a black site somewhere. 

Oliver will just conveniently forget that all his enemies particularly Chase have targeted his loved ones while he reunites with his one true love and estranged child who he sent away because of the danger?

Did I mention that I hate this idea?

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I'm trying to think of how Oliver being outed as the GA would even work (even though I hate hate hate the idea).  Especially since there have been 2 manhunts and another investigation between the Hood, Arrow, and Green Arrow.

Since Roy technically took responsibility for any kills before S4, and the only one on record he has since then is Billy, they could either blame that on Prometheus, or just ignore it since Pike (who is still alive, right?) already knows that Green Arrow was the one who killed Billy and he basically talked his way out of SCPD's manhunt by lamenting about his guilty feels. 

Once Chase is taken care of and (hopefully) exposed, Oliver could claim he was blackmailed into the shoot-on-sight order for Green Arrow or something that I'm not really expecting to make a whole lot of sense. 

• Love 3

If they out Oliver as the Green Arrow, I know I will be saying "I can't believe they did that."  As in "I can't believe they're that stupid."

Dos MG think that Oliver being a good mayor is demonstrated in forcing Felicity to take back the Susan hack and the gun ownership protection legislation?  Because I think Thea was right about the former and Rene and councilwoman did the latter.

1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

It'd be more shocking if he didn't know it was happening. Like Oliver and co are just getting off the plane from Lian Yu/China having beaten Prometheus and thinks Ng the worst is over only to be met by a horde of journos asking for him to comment on reports he is the Green Arrow. Bam fade to black.

I'd prefer that over the actual outing.  That way it can be debated all summer and then in 6x01 Oliver etc. has figured a way to explain it all away and his identity remains hidden.

1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

@LeighAnChekov's private investigator

LOL.  I wish they would put as much effort into writing a cohesive story as they do in trying to put us off what we see happening on the screen.

6 hours ago, theOAfc said:

Ι have heard that about Stephen but first time im hearing it about EBR.

When they made EBR a regular in s2, they gave her a 6 year contract to match the end of  SA's, which makes sense as they were planning to put her in the LI role.

ETA:  Wasn't the Green Arrow killing DD caught on camera?  I remember MM watching it on LoT before Thawne grabbed him.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6

Oliver straight up murdered people while Mayor and, in Billy's case, had knowledge of a cover-up of the murder due to his position. If he is outed and not immediately arrested . . .  

I think he needs to write his own name down in that old notebook.

Sorry, I've just had enough of blatant political corruption in real life. Disappointed to see it play out this way on what was my fave show. 

• Love 7

I think a problem with Oliver being outed as GA - whether he does it himself or not - is that there is a real possibility that they will ignore past events to fit around whatever they want to happen next. The fact that he's killed and there is a record of those kills? If they don't want Oliver to face any consequences/want Star City to just accept he's GA, they'll figure out a way to make that happen. Any possible consequences for those working with him? How they handle those could depend on the character. If they want to explore the consequences for one character and not another, they probably would while ignoring the other's actions/come up with a reason why nothing will happen to said character.

• Love 3

@GirlvsTV, I completely agree with you, I still think Susan should have exposed Oliver. He's a terrible mayor, an ex-gangster, who used his office to cover up the murder, that he committed, of a completely innocent police officer who was dating his close friend and took the smallest and briefest responsibility for. 

If you examine them too closely, very few of Oliver's actions have been heroic this season, but hey cool fight scenes! Character development wise, this season fits more between 1 & 2. I read a twitter comment that I completely agree with that Oliver is just a plot device this season and I think that's why I have very little sympathy for him at this point.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 10

I don't think they can have their cake and eat it too.  The Flash and Supergirl are sunny characters who are known to do good in their city. But they specifically wrote Oliver from the pilot to be this dark tortured soul who is constantly at war with himself and does bad things because he's trying to do good but has problems with the moral line.

That kind of character can't be outed and still function so even if they do something like a fellow reporter stealing Susan's notes and outing Oliver as the Green Arrow in the last moments of 5x23, I really hope they walk it back in 6x01.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

I don't know.  Cleaned up after the messes he causes?  They had a Flash Day in CC and he has his own coffee so I assume we're supposed to accept that The Flash is an A1 super guy, unlike the dark, brooding anti-hero that the world considers the Green Arrow to be.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

I don't know.  Cleaned up after the messes he causes?  They had a Flash Day in CC and he has his own coffee so I assume we're supposed to accept that The Flash is an A1 super guy, unlike the dark, brooding anti-hero that the world considers the Green Arrow to be.

I would think there would have to be some personal stories going around CC for Barry and the Flash being such a great hero. But we always see him doing things either for selfish reasons or because meta of the week shows up. 

Maybe the people of Star City gonna remember how Oliver Queen rallied everybody together in last season finale when Darkh on a rampage. The inspirational speech stuff. 

Flash and Supergirl (correct me if I'm wrong) are also quasi-government sanctioned right? Don't they judge Oliver for how horrible he is? (I will spare you all my rage screed on the totally immoral and unethical illegal prison beneath STAR labs) 

Oliver Queen is interesting because he never intended to be a hero. He was completing a mission for his father and then changed when Felicity and Diggle joined and learned about the Undertaking. In one sense, they'd basically be erasing his entire history with this move, but that's what they have been trying to do with S5 since they call it a reboot. 

32 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Maybe the people of Star City gonna remember how Oliver Queen rallied everybody together in last season finale when Darkh on a rampage. The inspirational speech stuff. 

You know, I actually don't like these moments because I think I just don't like "self-aware" heroes like Barry Allen who thinks and everyone tells him he's better than Oliver. I'm afraid they are going more this direction for S6. I might just be done with inspirational speeches in general from anyone to anyone regarding anything in the Flarrowverse. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 4

Barry and Kara never intended to be heroes either but what makes Arrow more interesting to me is that Oliver and the Legends wear the mantle with unease, unlike  Barry and Kara who are happy being heroes.  Their (Barry and Kara) conflicts are about how to defeat the bad guys and keep their friends from being killed while for Oliver & the Legends, it's often about "Should I do this thing which will produce the end I want but does it justify the means?"

It's because they often use sketchy means, like ARGUS or Helix, to do good that I really don't want Oliver revealed to the city.  It would kill that part of the show, they would either have to stop using them or do the stupid justifications that The Flash does.

• Love 9