Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I don't get this! Does he think he's being funny or clever? Are they just using a stuntman in a Deathstroke suit and tagging him to troll? Whatever kind of PR this is...they're all doing it wrong.

If he's attempting some word play, I cannot think of a worse time to do it. Just confirm and then tease people? Yikes. 

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

For, not to.

Yes, I read it. I couldn't tell if it was a typo or what, since he also sent a WTF in reply to SA's tweet about it.

• Love 1

He's not coming back for Arrow. He's coming back for Felicity. 

LOL.

Edited by Guest
13 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

The book Arrow:Vengeance centers around Slade and the time between the island to when he appeared in Star City.  I haven't read it yet, but from what I've heard, he went back to his family - his wife and son Joe ended up getting killed.  Then, Isabel teamed up with him and provided funds for his operations.

I didn't know that. However, I would like someone to explain me how come Slade was full of mirakuro and allucinating with his love for Shado while living a happy life with his family, for a couple of years I assume - were they in Ivy Town too?

Of all these people coming back for 523 would it be too much to ask for Colton to be one of them?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm thinking of a mosh pit fight scene. 

SA and JS are both wrestling fans. Maybe they used all of their collective charm to convince MG to have Chase and Oliver solve their differences with a royal rumble cage match. 

• Love 1

SA's tweet was Desperate times call for desperate measures.  The logical assumption being made is that Oliver & Deathstroke are teaming up.  Manu's response of WTF, along with not coming back for Arrow, makes me think he's teaming up with Prometheus.  Chase is quite possibly the desperate one now.    Why would Chase bring the team to Lian Yu? Who besides Oliver is familiar with it?  The remarks in 5.17 about the glasses is basically a callback to Slade in 3.14.

Cynical me: the show is desperate. Let's bring back a popular villain.

• Love 1
  • Oliver
  • Felicity
  • Diggle
  • Thea
  • Lance
  • Chase
  • Dinah
  • Rene
  • Curtis
  • Lyla ?
  • Nyssa
  • Merlyn
  • Talia
  • Artemis
  • Boomerang
  • Slade
  • Kovar
  • Yao Fei
  • Black Siren?
  • Samantha?
  • William?
  • Anatoly?

But no Roy? ?

(I got bored halfway through this list, can't imagine how the episode will be, hopefully all the extra people are gone by minute 20) 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 6
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

SA's tweet was Desperate times call for desperate measures.  The logical assumption being made is that Oliver & Deathstroke are teaming up.  Manu's response of WTF, along with not coming back for Arrow, makes me think he's teaming up with Prometheus.  Chase is quite possibly the desperate one now.    Why would Chase bring the team to Lian Yu? Who besides Oliver is familiar with it?  The remarks in 5.17 about the glasses is basically a callback to Slade in 3.14.

Cynical me: the show is desperate. Let's bring back a popular villain.

I was thinking his WTF?! Was mostly about giving away a major spoiler/surprise.

I can't tell if the "I'm not coming back for Arrow" means he's not coming back to 'help Arrow' or he's not coming back 'to get Arrow'. I'm 50/50 on the actual meaning but, SA's tweet makes me think enemy of my enemy.  Of course my first reaction to SA tweet was .... oh eh's talking about bringing Manu back for ratings LOL.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Why would Chase bring the team to Lian Yu?

I assume it does two things - let's them come full circle with Oliver's journey (so symbolic) and explains why Team Flash (or Argus) doesn't get asked to help - assuming Team Arrow ends up on the island against their will and with no time to plan.  I really hope the last one is true because if Oliver turns to Malcolm and Slade and not Barry to deal with a hoard of enemies - my eyes will roll right out of my head. 

Neither of those is really Chase related - unless you assume he wants to trap Oliver on the island - this time for good and/or knows about his allies so he moves everyone to the island so they cannot be contacted. 

1 minute ago, Sunshine said:

I wonder if a shot of Slade Wilson and/or Deathstroke is what they are waiting on for the sizzle reel.

Yeah, I think that's what it is too. Although according to paps he hasn't been on set yet, so we might have to wait a few more days. 

I'm guessing they're teasing the appearance in the sizzle reel and on social media for ratings, right? Not that the "back to basics" talking point really seemed to bring back a lot of viewers this year, but I just don't get why else they'd spoil it now unless they're trying to prevent another post-break ratings drop. 

• Love 1

I'm confused by KPs tweet about BS. His first tweet sounded like she was done for 22 but his other made it sound like she was done for S6. So did she film both 22/23 appearances in those 3 days?

About Manu...idk. I don't mind Slade coming back. They left him on the island, it would make sense he appears. Him helping Oliver? That I'm not sure about. I don't know how it makes sense, from either side. Oliver teaming up with the man who killed his mother and the man who killed his father....gross. Slade was still waxing revenge on his last appearance.

If it is a Team Arrow/Past Villain Team Up, I wonder if the Twist/Cliffhanger is all the those villains turn on him after Prometheus is killed and leave the group stranded. Setting up Team Villains for S6.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 4

I would like someone to explain me how come Slade was full of mirakuro and allucinating with his love for Shado while living a happy life with his family, for a couple of years I assume - were they in Ivy Town too?

Quick skim of the book -> Slade wasn't living happily with his family in Australia.  He was obsessed with Oliver and used ASIS resources to keep tabs on Queen & Lance families.  He discovered Oliver was working in Hong Kong for ARGUS and tracked him since then.  Between researching Oliver's enemies, training with Harkness, and spending time with his son, he continued to hallucinate Shado telling him to get revenge.  He even told his wife that she didn't love him like Shado did.  His family got killed in the crossfire of ASIS trying to arrest him for the death of Billy Wintergreen.  He blamed Oliver for his family getting killed and stalked Oliver since he came back from the island.  He approached Isabel to team up for revenge against the Queen family.  She backed him financially and he trained Isabel to be a fighter because he knew Oliver was the vigilante from the beginning - he told Isabel that Oliver was righting his father's wrongs as the vigilante (I guess Oliver must have told him about Robert's book or he recognized Shado's hood or the vigilante's fighting style). 

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Why would Chase bring the team to Lian Yu?

Lian Yu is where Oliver turned into a killer and Chase wants to prove Oliver is an unrepentant killer.

From @apinknightmare's post, it looks like Slade will be on Team Oliver. 

6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

About Manu...idk. I don't mind Slade coming back. They left him on the island, it would make sense he appears. Him helping Oliver? I'm  not sure about. I don't know how it makes sense, from either side. Oliver teaming up with the man who killed his mother and the man who killed his father....gross. Slade was still waxing revenge on his last appearance.

IMG_2942.GIF

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Chaser said:

If it is a Team Arrow/Past Villain Team Up, I wonder if the Twist/Cliffhanger is all the those villains turn on him after Prometheus is killed and leave the group stranded. Setting up Team Villains for S6.

I wouldn't be surprised. Oliver should probably expect that because I doubt he's going to have time to Suicide Squad them into cooperating. 

I'm more curious just how it is that Oliver convinces the villains to help him/why Oliver thinks he can trust them. Wouldn't he need to be with/have someone with them at all times? He can't send a villain to go rescue one of the team if they're all say, scattered around the island, and not worry that the villain would return and go, "Oops, I almost saved X, but I was too late." 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, JJ928 said:

I think either Manu is busy and he will film only for one day so they use the stunt double for now instead, or they are really here trolling him and fans (just like he did weeks ago ) and theres no Manu coming back even though Deathstroke clearly is .

7 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I would laugh until I passed out

• Love 7

Also how does the show refute that Oliver is not a monster or a unrepentant killer which is Prometheus whole assertion if they have him join forces with monsters and unrepentant killers like Boomerang Slade Malcolm Talia Nyssa etc etc 

• Love 4

I'm more curious just how it is that Oliver convinces the villains to help him/why Oliver thinks he can trust them.

Well, at least it's consistent with Oliver's dumbass decision-making this season?

• Love 3

I think Manu will be back. Figure if most of his scenes are in a mask, they just need him to do ADR & probably don't need much filming time to show his face for a scene or two.

Deathstroke looks all tiny in that IG. Lol

4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I would laugh until I passed out

"Now I'm going to let you all out, but you have to promise to be good and go right back in. Okay?"

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

1. That doesn't interest me at all. 

2. Unless Slade and Malcolm bicker hilariously and then kill each other. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

"Now I'm going to let you all out, but you have to promise to be good and go right back in. Okay?"

Unless Oliver outright says he doesn't care if they turn on him afterwards if it means Felicity is safe - him teaming up with villains won't make sense at all lmaooo

3 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

2. Unless Slade and Malcolm bicker hilariously and then kill each other. 

As I was reading, I thought you were gonna end it with make out. lol I guess I see more JB than MM in the character these days.

• Love 1

I guess they have to have some villains teaming up with Oliver against Chase, otherwise, what, the villains teaming up with Chase could just lead to them all standing around arguing? "I want to kill him." "No, you can't. I want to kill the person he loves the most." "No, you can't do that. He has to suffer. I want him to see he's a monster." "No, but I want - "

ETA: Can someone remind me how things ended with Boomerang in S3? I know he's on Lian Yu and Oliver and Barry took him there, but I blank after he attacked the team in the lair and Lyla was injured. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 1

So seems like Jason Bourne's Double Down is back. So will he be team Prommy?

Is this gonna be Prometheus, Siren, Artemis, and Double down vs Oliver & villain team? Unless Talia is also on team Prommy, that's kinda underwhelming tbh. I hope Prommy has more villains to back him because that group is kinda silly and lame.

2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

ETA: Can someone remind me how things ended with Boomerang in S3? I know he's on Lian Yu and Oliver and Barry took him there, but I blank after he attacked the team in the lair and Lyla was injured. 

All I recall is Barry dropping the team around various parts of the city to dismantle bombs or something he'd left? And then Barry and Oliver fought him in...a train station, maybe?

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

I really hope the last one is true because if Oliver turns to Malcolm and Slade and not Barry to deal with a hoard of enemies - my eyes will roll right out of my head.

That's something I can be grateful for -- no Barry and no speedsters or super powered vigilantes.  I'm so tired of this show being taken over by the other shows and Oliver made to look ineffective.

When Oliver got Malcolm to fight on his side, it was because he had something that Malcolm wanted (the Ra's al Ghul ring). I can't imagine what he would have to make Slade and Boomerang fight on his side other than setting them free and that's not really something Oliver can offer them.

1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

This is beginning to sound like the 100th episode, which I thought was a mess with all these characters I didn't give a fuck about prancing around. 

You and I could not be in more agreement.

2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I haven't seen anything mentioning him. Where was that posted?

So it wasn't posted by anyone but Thomas Tyler posted this on insta and tagged EBR. So it's an assumption atm, on my part. Should have ben clearer. 

Edited by JJ928

Perhaps Slade and Co. have no choice but to help Oliver?  They have been drugged and all have to work together for the cure?  The Island is going to blow up?   Something else equally unbelievable?  I have a hard time buying that everyone helps out of the goodness of their heart - even if it means they might be able to escape later. 

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

That's something I can be grateful for -- no Barry and no speedsters or super powered vigilantes.  I'm so tired of this show being taken over by the other shows and Oliver made to look ineffective.

I don't want Barry - I am not a fan at all - but he makes a heck of a lot more sense than Malcolm as someone to turn to for help. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Almost literally.  His shows is called "Somewhere Between"

Huh. It has Ellen (Supernatural) and Owen (Nikita) in it too. I might have to check that out.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

I have a hard time buying that everyone helps out of the goodness of their heart - even if it means they might be able to escape later. 

Yeah.  That's why it better be something good that they need from Oliver.

45 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

Quick skim of the book -> Slade wasn't living happily with his family in Australia.  He was obsessed with Oliver and used ASIS resources to keep tabs on Queen & Lance families.  He discovered Oliver was working in Hong Kong for ARGUS and tracked him since then.  Between researching Oliver's enemies, training with Harkness, and spending time with his son, he continued to hallucinate Shado telling him to get revenge.  He even told his wife that she didn't love him like Shado did.  His family got killed in the crossfire of ASIS trying to arrest him for the death of Billy Wintergreen.  He blamed Oliver for his family getting killed and stalked Oliver since he came back from the island.  He approached Isabel to team up for revenge against the Queen family.  She backed him financially and he trained Isabel to be a fighter because he knew Oliver was the vigilante from the beginning - he told Isabel that Oliver was righting his father's wrongs as the vigilante (I guess Oliver must have told him about Robert's book or he recognized Shado's hood or the vigilante's fighting style). 

Thanks for the summary. Still it doesn't mean Slade couldn't have met Chase when he was in Star City, I think.

Well, I find it really hard to believe Oliver is teaming up with Deathstroke, so...

If Slade son his dead than there must be another one, right? Because in the LoT episode in the future, there was another Slade son who called himself Deathstroke.