Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

So, he isn't returning? Is that what the pap is saying? Does that mean SA is just trying to mess with people or is he trying to goad MB? Also why would he give it away, wouldn't the actual surprise be better?

I am confused...

Edited by Belinea

SA teased Deathstroke for the 100th but never attached MB's name to it because we didn't actually see Slade. It was just a stunt guy in his suit. So I would say MB is definitely returning this time simply because I don't think SA would announce it otherwise.

Edited by Guest
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Belinea said:

So, he isn't returning? Is that what the pap is saying? Does that mean SA is just trying to mess with people or is he trying to goad MB? Also why would he give it away, wouldn't the actual surprise be better?

I am confused...

Or that Pap doesn't know because the deal was just signed?

SA doesn't troll like that, if he says Welcome back and tags Manu it's because he knows Manu is coming back.

Edited by Morrigan2575

So a few weeks ago SA said he wanted Black Siren, Deathstroke and William/Samantha to return. We've got two out of three so far...

LOL.

2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

People think they're back too so....

Wouldn't surprise me. I thought that was SA's wink nudge way of telling us what was gonna happen.

On a separate note, I don't think much of MB but I liked Slade as a villain so it sounds pretty good to me. 

Edited by Guest

I guess I just don't get why they would have Samantha and William return, the keystones of the most epic fail story this show has ever done.  Does MG think that if only the had just spent more time on them, we would love the storyline?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Belinea said:

I am confused...

EW just confirmed that MB is back too and MG tagged him when he posted the finale script page, so I guess it's really happening.

The pap also said that KL is filming, which supports MG's tweet about more surprises coming.  Maybe they're giving it away now because it will be part of the sizzle reel anyway?

I'm just going to be so annoyed if Samantha and William return because they're just two more characters taking up screen time that should be dedicated to the regular cast - after so much of this season has been about new characters. 

Give the screen time/story to the characters who have been there for years.

• Love 12

Marc is constantly messing up what season he is in. He either referred to episodes numbers as season 4 instead of five and now refers to the season finale as sixth. Watch your show occasionally Marc!

• Love 2

I'm actually kinda excited for Boomerang. I feel like he would have been a good villain for a multi-ep arc. And I love Nyssa/Katrina, so those announcements are welcomed.

• Love 2

Does this mean we'll get a Talia/Nyssa face-off? I'd watch for that.

17 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

So a few weeks ago SA said he wanted Black Siren, Deathstroke and William/Samantha to return. We've got two out of three so far...

LOL.

So disingenuous.

"I want to see more of William and Samantha" said no one ever.   Maybe if there are enough other characters they'll get minimum screentime.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I've never heard of the cast/crew having issues with Manu. Just because fandom has labeled him an asshole that they hate doesn't mean the cast/crew/EPs feel the same, unlike KC.

He's publicly mocked the show for years, he's retweeted and liked tweets that criticise the show in an abusive manner, for the 100th he tweeted a picture of himself giving the finger and tagged it Arrow and literally two or three weeks ago he was insulting Stephen on Twitter. 

I don't think it's the fandom "labelling" him an asshole. If duck quacks and all that jazz.

• Love 16

So glad to hear that Nyssa/Katrina will be back as well. Hopefully, that means we are going to get a Nyssa/Talia confrontation in the season ender even if I would have preferred more build-up leading up to it. 

31 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

SA doesn't troll like that, if he says Welcome back and tags Manu it's because he knows Manu is coming back.

Don't get me wrong, I am super excited for Slade to return. And I am actually surprised that MB came back, because he seemed quite unhappy with the show most of the time.

I just wondered where their 'no spoilers' attitude went.  

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

He's publicly mocked the show for years, he's retweeted and liked tweets that criticise the show in an abusive manner, for the 100th he tweeted a picture of himself giving the finger and tagged it Arrow and literally two or three weeks ago he was insulting Stephen on Twitter. 

I don't think it's the fandom "labelling" him an asshole. If duck quacks and all that jazz.

I think he is even worse than KC,because she only liked shady and rude tweets trying to hide her trash attitude while Manu is straight out mocking the show openly,being rude openly to Stephen and acting all ragey butthurt and pressed over a role he hasnt played since s3.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

All that proves is that the fandom takes what Manu says on twitter to heart. NOT that cast, crew, EPs, network etc have issues with him. You say he was mean to SA on Twitter and yet SA doesn't (seem to) have a problem with him.

So far this is ALL fandom generated hate and very specific fandom hate (Olicity/Felicity fans).  You can call or believe Manu is an asshole all you want. Personnaly, I found his drunken hotel room brawling to be assholish but, that doesn't mean people actually associated with the show agree with you.

Which is exactly what I said in my first post.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

So if all these villains are being released to help Oliver take down Prometheus, I wonder if they all end up escaping in the finale. 

I was going to say that I don't even want to think about the mental gymnastics the show is going use to justify Oliver working with the man that murdered his mother. But then I remembered Malcom Merlyn. 

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

All that proves is that the fandom takes what Manu says on twitter to heart. NOT that cast, crew, EPs, network etc have issues with him. You say he was mean to SA on Twitter and yet SA doesn't have a problem with him.

Men are less likely to take things to heart and hold grudges (yes, there is research showing that).  I can quite easily see that if the EPs want him in an episode for a blow-out finale, they'll hire him.  SA is a professional (most of the time) so he'll work with who he is given.

But MB did beat up a guy when he was drunk and he does blow up on social media when he shouldn't.  The guy has issues that are independent of the Arrow fandom.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 7

Why would all these bad guys help him though? I mean, he put them away. They could probably care less.

Also are the pap guys now giving updates on the names because they don't want to be overshadowed by actual news? 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

So if all these villains are being released to help Oliver take down Prometheus, I wonder if they all end up escaping in the finale. 

I don't think they're all on Oliver's side, doesn't make sense that he would need all these people just for Chase

I'm guessing Talia, Artemis, BS and Capt Boomerang are on Prometheus's side.

Nyssa, Malcolm and Deathstroke are on Oliver's side. Of course how he manages that, I'm not sure. Maybe they're turning Deathstroke into a Joker type villain. One who hates Oliver but, refuses to allow anyone else to kill him, only Slade can make Oliver suffer.

• Love 3

I don't mind Slade showing up, I liked him as a villain and with a fight all on the island it would be weird if he didn't show up. Manu was bitter about the show on sm for years but I guess they don't care.

I am worried this finale is starting to look overcrowded tho. Like the last time they brought a bunch of people back it was the 100th ep and it was a mess. The actual main cast barely got time because they were so busy with guest stars from past seasons, I hope this isn't the same thing. Its nice to throwback to past characters and storylines but I hope that doesn't overwhelm the episode. 

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

All that proves is that the fandom takes what Manu says on twitter to heart. NOT that cast, crew, EPs, network etc have issues with him. You say he was mean to SA on Twitter and yet SA doesn't (seem to) have a problem with him.

I seem to remember SA telling a story at a con about MB being very "method" in his acting and incredibly rough during their fight scenes. SA seemed to consider it a positive, but I always wondered how he gelled with the rest of the cast. Although PB is apparently very method as well and he seems to get along with everyone fine. 

Maybe MB is just a blustery guy on Twitter who talks a big game to get attention? (And it always seems to work). 

I guess it's fitting that the final episode of the five year voyage (!) ends where it began, on Lian Yu, a big fight scene.

I am bracing myself that if there is so much time spent on the fighting, any non-fighting character (i.e. Felicity) is going to get little time in the episode.  It's not like her tech skills are going to be of any use on Lian Yu.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

I guess it's fitting that the final episode of the five year voyage (!) ends where it began, on Lian Yu, a big fight scene.

I am bracing myself that if there is so much time spent on the fighting, any non-fighting character (i.e. Felicity) is going to get little time in the episode.  It's not like her tech skills are going to be of any use on Lian Yu.

It's probably why we're getting 520.

I'm ok as long as they get back together because we should see her for at least 20min during 520.

• Love 2

Yeah, this finale keeps sounding more and more like it's going to be a disjointed mess with an unsatisfying cliffhanger ending. I'm thinking Thea and Lance will get the short shrift. Hopefully, they will get more time in 521. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I seem to remember SA telling a story at a con about MB being very "method" in his acting and incredibly rough during their fight scenes. SA seemed to consider it a positive, but I always wondered how he gelled with the rest of the cast. Although PB is apparently very method as well and he seems to get along with everyone fine. 

Maybe MB is just a blustery guy on Twitter who talks a big game to get attention? (And it always seems to work). 

From what I recall, every time SA or DR got asked about MB, they described him as "intense" and talked about how Deathstroke was a great villain.  DR told a story about how MB would run in circles growling and grunting before a scene.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't think they're all on Oliver's side, doesn't make sense that he would need all these people just for Chase

I'm guessing Talia, Artemis, BS and Capt Boomerang are on Prometheus's side.

Nyssa, Malcolm and Deathstroke are on Oliver's side. Of course how he manages that, I'm not sure. Maybe they're turning Deathstroke into a Joker type villain. One who hates Oliver but, refuses to allow anyone else to kill him, only Slade can make Oliver suffer.

I stick to my belief that Deathstroke has been working with Prometheus. Maybe he was one of Chase's mentors, like Talia. Perhaps one of the first to prompt Chase to seek his own revenge. We don't know what Slade was doing during season 1 except that he was looking to destroy Oliver since he left the island. I don't remember if there were any details mentioned in season 2 of his whereabouts since he escaped, how did he get a lot of resources, who saved him in the first place, etc... But he knew Oliver was the Arrow when he finally appeared in Starling City.

Talia vs Nyssa, yeah totally happening. I guess Malcom will join Justice League of Arrow, too. 

As we're talking about Manu Bennett, I think this quote describes him pretty well

[on attending a boarding school for Maori boys in New Zealand.] It was like being sent to gladiator school. Like prison. The only things people respected were strength, being good at rugby, and being able to hold your own in a fight.

• Love 2

Are the S5 regulars, with the exception of SA and JS, simply going to be hostages in this episode? They wouldn't necessarily have to be all kept in same location (S3).  They were all shooting scenes last Monday without SA.  There's a reason Oliver has to team up with questionable people.

7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Now Manu's on twitter saying he's not coming back. WTF is happening, haha

I don't get this! Does MB think he's being funny or clever? Are they just using a stuntman in a Deathstroke suit and tagging him to troll? Whatever kind of PR this is...they're all doing it wrong.

Edited by Trisha

We don't know what Slade was doing during season 1 except that he was looking to destroy Oliver since he left the island. I don't remember if there were any details mentioned in season 2 of his whereabouts since he escaped, how did he get a lot of resources, who saved him in the first place, etc... But he knew Oliver was the Arrow when he finally appeared in Starling City.

The book Arrow:Vengeance centers around Slade and the time between the island to when he appeared in Star City.  I haven't read it yet, but from what I've heard, he went back to his family - his wife and son Joe ended up getting killed.  Then, Isabel teamed up with him and provided funds for his operations.

Edited by ComicFan777