Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Are those tweets direct quotes or is it like Jbuffyangel where she's guessing based on info? Just wondering.

Also, am I the only one who finds the prospect of Oliver/Black Siren creepy? Like, she looks like E1 Laurel but she's not her at all. They don't have the same history. It seriously grosses me out. Stop it! Women are not interchangeable. *shudders*

I hope there's a team of villains next season because I don't think BS could carry it on her own all season long. Even though they're probably gonna do some lame redemption arc so it's probably moot anyway.

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Are those tweets direct quotes or is it like Jbuffyangel where she's guessing based on info? Just wondering

It's from a panel interview Marc's doing at Wondercon.

4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Also, am I the only one who finds the prospect of Oliver/Black Siren creepy? Like, she looks like E1 Laurel but she's not her at all. They don't have the same history. It seriously grosses me out. Stop it! Women are not interchangeable. *shudders*

No, it's gross. It's gross that Oliver even wants to find "even a little bit of Laurel" or whatever he said about her, because THAT IS NOT THE LAUREL HE KNEW. 

Are those tweets direct quotes or is it like Jbuffyangel where she's guessing based on info? Just wondering

I'm curious about whether MG said the thing about Carly Pope and KC not having chemistry with Stephen, or whether that was editorializing based on a comment he made about chemistry being important. 

• Love 8
Just now, apinknightmare said:

No, it's gross. It's gross that Oliver even wants to find "even a little bit of Laurel" or whatever he said about her, because THAT IS NOT THE LAUREL HE KNEW. 

THANK YOU. I find it disgusting. It's bad enough we've already got interchangeable canaries but now there's interchangeable Laurel's too. Stop this mess! I'm surprised Laurel fans are okay with this tbh. I wouldn't be. 

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm curious about whether MG said the thing about Carly Pope and KC not having chemistry with Stephen, or whether that was editorializing based on a comment he made about chemistry being important. 

That's exactly what I wanted to know too but about all of the comments tbh. I'd like to know if they're actual quotes.

6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Are those tweets direct quotes or is it like Jbuffyangel where she's guessing based on info? Just wondering.

Supposedly she was eavesdropping on an interview MG was givnng at WonderCon. I'll be honest there's no way I buy MG saying KC/SA didn't have chemistry. I have no doubt he believes it but have trouble seeing anyone in Hollywood make that comment while the show is still on.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Supposedly she was eavesdropping on an interview MG was givnng at WonderCon. I'll be honest there's no way I buy MG saying KC/SA didn't have chemistry. I have no doubt he believes it but have trouble seeing anyone in Hollywood make that comment while the show is still on.

Yeah, I don't think he'd admit to something like that either which makes me question what's an actual quote and what isn't. Not that the person is lying or anything, I don't believe that at all, just that I prefer solid quotes!

Edited by Guest
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

It looks like someone asked her that question and her answer was that Mark did say it (if I am following the chain of comments/replies correctly).

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

It looks like someone asked her that question and her answer was that Mark did say it (if I am following the chain of comments/replies correctly).

I just looked, and you are reading them correctly.

I could see him saying that because that's not something in his control. It's a way to not take responsibility for the failure of the storyline while acknowledging it. Though, obviously he should have seen the problems and written away from them.

• Love 2

He was a lot more open about LL/OQ after he killed off LL so Im not surprised though I think SA/KC had the best chemistry they ever had in the big 100 so its possible but I also wouldnt understand why anyone is/was worried about it happening.

Im more interested in Siren getting a redemption arc that wouldn't necessarily cut her claws.

5 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I could see him saying that because that's not something in his control. It's a way to not take responsibility for the failure of the storyline while acknowledging it. Though, obviously he should have seen the problems and written away from them.

But actually saying that shades the actress which is usually a no no. It's actually more likely for an EP to take the fall. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Good point, and it's rude to his show's star, too. I guess he could say it's out of their control as well. 

Also, he made that ratings comment joke to the actors recently didn't he? 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I was surprised by that statement as well. The only reason I believe it is because MG has shown over and over to be a complete asshole. A lot of his comments may be crouched in sarcasm, but there's usually a lot of truth in there. Plus, if this return is mandated for reasons other than KC's acting talent, I can see that he'd be in a salty mood. It is really unprofessional, though.

• Love 13

Maybe he's just finally run out of fucks to give, especially if KC's return is another thing forced on the show. I agree it's unprofessional but at the same time I'm kinda loving it. I do feel bad for CP because they gave her a shitty character and there wasn't much she could do with it. She didn't even have to have chemistry with SA, IMO, just a story line that actually made a tiny bit of sense.

c5b64087662b28659bead0a7b8b677f9.gif

• Love 11
(edited)

In more "surprises" for Marc he also apparently expressed surprise that Olicity fans would have concerns or care about Black Siren coming back  to the girl at the con. She brought up the toxicity of some of the fans as a reason why, he apparently acknowledged he was aware of their behaviour but didn't offer much in response.

The awareness is nice, the lack of care factor from Marc over the bullying sucks but isn't surprising.

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 2
(edited)

As an Olicity fan, BS is not even on my radar at all. It would be monumentally stupid of the show to even flirt with that. It's that I don't understand what BS could possibly bring to Arrow. She's a third-rate villain played by third-rate actress. Sure it's in KC's wheelhouse to play a bitch but that's pretty much all BS has going for her. Her appearances on The Flash and Arrow have shown her to be a minion, and an incompetent one at that. She's an annoyance, nothing more. A gnat to be swatted away. So I can't imagine what kind of significant role can be written for her. And yes, it's totally gross and all kinds of stupid to have Oliver try to find "Laurel" in her. Give it up, dude. 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 24

The thing is if 5x10 is a preview for how they write Black Siren it's going to be truly passive agressive and lame. They didn't write her as a Villan their enamoured with like Anatolyi or Chase/Prometheus- they wrote her as a punching bag...Felicitys punching bag to be specific.

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm wondering if Black Siren might be a storyline for Diggle. Has he mentioned if he still feels guilty for Laurel's death this season? Though I do not want another John Diggle, Life Coach storyline, if it was more focused on him then it could be interesting.

She'll probably just show up and crack one liners until her showdown episode with Tinah. 

I'm not sure how I feel about Team Villain as a season long antagonist. I think the personal, individual villains (Slade, Chase, Merlyn, Anarky) work better on Arrow then the Evil, Inc. ones (League, Hive). 

Edited by leopardprint

There's definitely an obvious difference in the interviews between earl/midseason and now. Remember WM's quote about Wild Dog when she was asked about Diggle? It seems like now everyone is allowed to talk about characters who were around before season 5. 

But yes, please, give me something about Thea. I feel like even the newer quotes about her are mostly just a rehash of what was said about her already earlier this season. 

IF MG "can't say if KC will be the big bad of s6" she most likely won't.  So there's that.

LOL that they didn't expect the Susan backlash.  Have these people worked in TV before?  On the other hand maybe they didn't. There wasn't a big backlash about Billy and maybe they expected the same for Susan.

5 hours ago, way2interested said:

I thought it was weird how he connected "seeing it again" with "someone maybe inhabiting it even though it burned down" Seeing it again is one thing (parallels, 5 year story, legacy whatever), but seeing it with someone in it kind of makes the case different. Is Chase living in the burned down mansion post-518 since he's a psycho? Is it another character? Is it set-up for s6?

I think it makes a lot of sense if Chase's hidey-hole was the burnt out mansion.  He's been creepy about following Oliver's life -- it makes sense he would use Oliver's old home to hide out.

5 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Not to mention, she never seemed to work on what would've been an equally big story about the Star City DA being the Throwing Star Killer. 

MG said that it was important that she's a reporter. Since she's in the next episode, maybe she's writing the story now that they know Chase is a bad guy.

1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

I'm not sure how I feel about Team Villain as a season long antagonist. I think the personal, individual villains (Slade, Chase, Merlyn, Anarky) work better on Arrow then the Evil, Inc. ones (League, Hive). 

The League of Doom has been terrific on LoT though.  On Arrow,Evil Inc has been a troop behind a single bad guy (Ra's, DD) unlike DD, MM and Thawne in the League of Doom.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

MG said that it was important that she's a reporter. Since she's in the next episode, maybe she's writing the story now that they know Chase is a bad guy.

Maybe. It's a shame she kept quiet until he killed two more people though, lol. Way to get the scoop, Susie! 

• Love 3
(edited)

Is it possible that the mansion is in a flashback or possibly a dream sequence? It's definitely a possibility that Chase lures Oliver there or maybe even hiding out there now that he's been outed. I just wondered if they might have it close off Oliver's flashback story? 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Someone above said us getting Thea/Felicity scenes, I think season 5 has actually given us the most Thea/Felicity scenes all series long, they even had a hug in there. 

The Queen Mansion can show up in the present if they want to retcon their arrow 2.5 comics which they proved they have no issues doing.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Hopefully MG blacks it out in a way twitter can figure it out. If not, earliest we'll find out is when the episode description is released on May 3rd.

I wonder if episode 23 is simply titled "Lian Yu" and they think giving away the location of all the filming would be too spoilery.  If this is the end of the "island" flashbacks, it makes perfect sense for them to make everything about the island, including the title.  

2 hours ago, leopardprint said:

I'm wondering if Black Siren might be a storyline for Diggle. Has he mentioned if he still feels guilty for Laurel's death this season? Though I do not want another John Diggle, Life Coach storyline, if it was more focused on him then it could be interesting.

She'll probably just show up and crack one liners until her showdown episode with Tinah. 

I think even with a Team Villain, they could have their big dog that either fights their way to the top or we in the 609 episode find out has been pulling the strings.  It would give the audience a chance to see BS in a better light.  She could be the voice of reason in her group even.  (yeah right)  A team up appeals to me because of course the success on it on LoT, (seriously, they rehabbed Malcolm and DD and made me care/hate in a good way about the Reverse Flash) but also I really thought that the team up of China White, Cupid and Lady Cop had potential, but just not enough time to let it become fun.  

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Maybe. It's a shame she kept quiet until he killed two more people though, lol. Way to get the scoop, Susie! 

To be fair to Susie, which I hate having to do, she said that she did try to tell everyone that Chase had kidnapped her but no one believed her.

• Love 3

Unless it's Slade bringing everyone together, I don't know if it would be as interesting for a big team villain as the big bad. I wouldn't put it past them to have it be Malcolm yet again but I dont see it happening. But if they do have Siren be part of a evil team then they have her betray them at the end and become an anti-hero.

bd8M3.gif

17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

To be fair to Susie, which I hate having to do, she said that she did try to tell everyone that Chase had kidnapped her but no one believed her.

Ah, okay. My attention span completely vanishes whenever she's onscreen, haha. 

(edited)
19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Don't be fair to Susie, she doesn't deserve it! 

Since it was spoiled that they were breaking up before her exit, I thought she might out Chase but Felicity did that. (Suze remains useless) Is she supposed to be in 519 or 520? If she's in 519, maybe she reports on Helix or I guess she could be used as an exposition device for Chase's whereabouts in that episode.

Edited by leopardprint
5 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Don't be fair to Susie, she doesn't deserve it! 

Since it was spoiled that they were breaking up before her exit, I thought she might out Chase but Felicity did that. (Suze remains useless) Is she supposed to be in 519 or 520? If she's in 519, maybe she reports on Helix or I guess she could be used as an exposition device for Chase's whereabouts in that episode.

I'm still waiting for her being a reporter to actually have meaning.  At this point I'm afraid they just meant that it was important for her to be a reporter because that was the character they wanted to have, a reporter that finds out his secret.  They did mention they'd wanted to do it since season two.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Hmm...if Susan is in 5.19 I wonder if she meets with her CI.  He might have pictures of Oliver meeting with Anatoly on a rooftop.  Anatoly (and Bratva) have been set up to be villains in S6.  If Oliver is still mayor in S6, reporter could show up to reveal his connection to Bratva because "she's a good reporter."  She has proof of Russian connections even if she never reveals his alter ego or that he had a tattoo.  She's seen the tattoo but she can't provide proof.   Cue drama between his administration and city council and the people of Star City.

If we're lucky she showed up while 5.19 was shooting to re-shoot 5.18.  The greeting vs the dismissal in 5.18  tone shift was kind of strange. 

Edited by Sunshine

I think they're going to redeem her in 519 and then she'll be off the show.  The tonal shift on Oliver's part was "Here's your hat, what's your hurry?" and I have a feeling he speaks for the show itself.

Logically the Oliver/Bratva story should be dead for her because he saved her from Chase.  It would be pretty awful to out him now as being part of Bratva, especially since Chase just sandpapered the tattoo off his chest when he was captured trying to save her.

Can someone remind me when the Queen mansion burned down? I don't remember that at all.

If it's making an appearance it can't be in 523, unless the whole episode takes place there and not on Lian Yu.

Just now, finnaire said:

Can someone remind me when the Queen mansion burned down? I don't remember that at all.

If it's making an appearance it can't be in 523, unless the whole episode takes place there and not on Lian Yu.

In the tie in comics. But Oliver also spoke at Tommys funeral in the Tie in comics, and that was retconned in the show so...

• Love 2
(edited)

Ah, thanks. That seems like something important that they should have mentioned on the show. Especially considering practically the whole 100th episode took place there.

Edited by finnaire
  • Love 1