Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

A lot of people online are speculating that Nyssa will die in the net episode and will be the reason why Ra's Al Guhl comes to Starling City. Please tell me that there's no way this is possible lol. Because now I'm worried. 

My friend, if Nyssa dies, this will be the most monumental mistake the writers will ever make. Killing 1 bisexual female is enough to rile up the internet, but killing two? Now that's just suicide right there. I don't think it'll happen. 

• Love 4

Hrm, interesting...maybe this ties into the trip to Central City in the crossover event?

In Corto Maltese, Shaw is tracking down a lost list of ARGUS agents that is going to be sold to a mysterious Mr. Armitage.

Milo Armitage was the guy who hired Bronze Tiger to steal the earthquake machine prototype last season - Tremors (I think). 

He was significantly older than the girl Oliver got pregnant. Maybe her father or grandfathers age?

Or just the show reusing a name of a known, to the shows audience, arms dealer.

From the scene where Cisco and Caitlin wonder how Felicity knows their assailant had "man parts", it looks like they don't know Felicity works with the Arrow yet.  In The Flash promo for the next episode, Barry is introducing Felicity as someone who works with The Arrow and Cisco says "cool".

A lot of people online are speculating that Nyssa will die in the net episode and will be the reason why Ra's Al Guhl comes to Starling City. Please tell me that there's no way this is possible lol. Because now I'm worried. 

This is totally possible to up the pressure on Laurel.  Two people died for her storyline, now it can be three.

But given that someone said something about Ra's wanting Oliver to work with him, it seems unlikely.

My friend, if Nyssa dies, this will be the most monumental mistake the writers will ever make. Killing 1 bisexual female is enough to rile up the internet, but killing two? Now that's just suicide right there. I don't think it'll happen. 

I think these writers are terrible, have no idea how to construct a plot, and lack the ability to write a character driven story, and even I don't think they're stupid enough to kill off Nyssa. Not yet anyway. That would be 4 women murdered in, what, 18 episodes? The backlash would be huge. Sooo...it'll happen next year. :/  On that note, I'm not sure who it will be, but I also predict someone else will die for Laurel's journey. But that's for a different thread.

• Love 1

From the Relationships thread:

They're going to try and push Oliver/Laurel again, and if they get the slightest bit of purchase (such as fans saying they like Felicity with 50 Shades), I think they'll dig right in and say, 'okay, we know we're on the right track'.

As much as I'd loathe for this to be the case, it wouldn't suprise me in the slightest. The reason I brought this small section of your post over here is in relation to the promotional photos for 3x04, of which a few are in the cave. There is Laurel with what looks like a tablet, & Team Arrow is also present sans their IT expert: http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/10/arrow-episode-304-magician-full-set-of.html

Maybe it's a bad photo angle & Ms.Smoak is there for the whole scene, but for the most part it's like they're inserting Laurel in as a Felicity stand-in, & corresponds to what I was saying in the Relationships thread re the EPs possibly trying to not so subtly shove LL in, see how it's received & maybe lay ground to further rehash the L/O relationship at some point in the future as you mention above.

Other than that, I am curious as to whom Nyssa is aiming her bow at in these pics. Malcolm?

Edited by Lisin
  • Love 1

Felicity is barely in 304 because she's in the Flash 104, the episodes overlap timewise, she can't be in Starling and 600 miles away in Central City at the same time.

Thanks for clarifying - it saves me sitting through it. At this point 3x05 will be the last episode I muster up the enthusiasm to watch live.

• Love 4

I thought their timing was interesting for pulling Felicity over to The Flash because it seems like such a big episode to have someone miss. But I think there are a few particular reasons: it is a big episode and removing a character allows for more focus on Nyssa and Malcolm, it will be good for The Flash and Arrow (boast ratings for the Flash and maybe pull back viewers to Arrow), and set up for the cross-over event. I don't think Felicity is the reason for the cross-over (kidnapping or whatever), but I do think she is linking the two shows. She is the only character who is going to be know the Flash crew. The only other characters who could do this are Oliver and Diggle, but Oliver can't leave Arrow and Diggle lacks the personal connection to Barry. That leaves Felicity.

But The Flash and Arrow don't have to take place at the same time.  The crossover, for example, they move from Tuesday in Central City to Wednesday in Starling.

I think there is one promotional photo with Felicity and Oliver in his Arrow gear, but yeah, she's not going to be in the episode much, if at all.  I too think that they're testing Oliver/Laurel without Felicity around.

Ever since Laurel went blonde and Felicity is letting her hair down, it's getting harder to tell them apart in small pictures.

• Love 2

TED GRANT IS ACCUSED OF MURDER — After a body is found strung up in the Wildcat gym, Ted Grant (J.R. Ramirez) becomes the main suspect. Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) argue over Ted’s innocence. Meanwhile, in flashbacks, when Maseo (Karl Yune) needs Oliver to remember where an informant for China White stashed key information, he asks Tatsu (guest star Rila Fukushima) to help jog Oliver’s memory. Roy (Colton Haynes) shares a secret with Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards). Peter Leto directed the episode written by Erik Oleson & Keto Shimizu (#306). Original airdate 11/12/2014.

3x06 synopsis.

I know it doesn't seem like it in the description, but I think this might be a big Roy episode. I think the secret that Roy tells Felicity is that he thinks he killed someone. It would explain that comment from Thea about Roy looking tired. Maybe it's too spoilery to give away, like the Sara description.

Edited by drspaceman10
  • Love 1

I know Katie Cassidy is the female lead... But damn I am so tired of Laurel already. So basically episode 2, 3, 4, and 6 are/will be Laurel centric? 

ugh. 

Let's be real. Episode 4 might have a lot of Nyssa spoilers, but we all know Laurel will be in the middle of that. 

• Love 8

Could Roy's secret be about the mirakuru? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere about the cure not being a long term thing…? Does anyone else remember this? Maybe there's some side effects, especially as he mentioned being tired in 303. It could lead into Roy finding out what he did when he was all crazy town. 

Also, haha, no one has centric episodes. They are all Laurel episodes disguised as something else. Let's be real here. They are pushing her BC arc too hard.

Also, haha, no one has centric episodes. They are all Laurel episodes disguised as something else. Let's be real here. They are pushing her BC arc too hard.

As of right now I wouldn't be surprised if half the screentime for episode 5 went to Laurel... Smh

They're really shoving her down my throat too hard too fast that I almost feel like gagging... 

...That sounded way less sexual in my head. 

• Love 2

I hope there will be a good in-show explanation for when Ted doesn't show up anymore after episode 7. He's being featured quite a bit during the first half of the season and it would look extremely weird if he suddenly disappears without a word like Isabel did last year.

Edited by strikera0

I'm worried about Felicity's episode now. If its like TOD where she shares half the time with Laurel, I will rage. I know its wishful thinking, but I really hope this season is the reverse of S3 and Laurel disappears after mid-season.

I knew something was going on with Ted and Laurel this episode but I didn't expect it to be THE episode.

• Love 2

Could Roy's secret be about the mirakuru? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere about the cure not being a long term thing…? Does anyone else remember this? Maybe there's some side effects, especially as he mentioned being tired in 303. It could lead into Roy finding out what he did when he was all crazy town. 

Guggenheim said about the Mirakuru cure being temporary during SDCC. I remember thinking that is how they will get Slade out of ARGUS supermax. Whether Guggenheim remembers he said that and they follow through with that storyline... I have little faith at this point.  But I like your idea of Roy telling Felicity that he's getting strong again more than I like him telling her that he remembers killing someone and having to watch her try to lie to him again.

This show is determined to beat us over the head with a fishnet cover Laurel until we all cry "Uncle" and learn to love her or until we leave the show. Sadly, I'm much closer to the latter than the former.

• Love 6

LOL we might be jumping the gun the description is hardly indicative of the episodes actual content. Like Cupid wan't even mentioned 

All the Roy stuff was put in there at the end as if it were an afterthought :p Which is why I think it will be a very Laurel centric episode. It'll probably be filled with Laurel and Ted (where she kicks his ass about what really happened), Laurel and Oliver (where Laurel and Oliver argue about whether Ted did it or not), Laurel Ted and Oliver, and Laurel trying to exonerate Ted of this accusation. Oh and Oliver's flashbacks. 

I'd be glad to be proven wrong though!

Edited by wonderwall

All the Roy stuff was put in there at the end as if it were an afterthought :p I think it's pretty clear that this episode will be filled with Laurel and Ted (where she kicks his ass about what really happened), Laurel and Oliver (where Laurel and Oliver argue about whether Ted did it or not), Laurel Ted and Oliver, and Laurel trying to exonerate Ted of this accusation. Oh and Oliver's flashbacks. 

It's funny I remember people were joking about how Laurel was the only character that didn't have any character centric episode, but it seems like EVERY episode (besides the first one) secretly focuses on Laurel. Although, I personally like her a lot better than in season 2, its pretty funny. 

Edited by ban1o

Isn't Nov 12 during November sweeps?  Does this episode really sound like 'must see TV'?

Ted might want to ask for a different lawyer...

Is Laurel prosecuting since she's with the DA's office?  Or defending?

It's funny I remember people were joking about how Laurel was the only character that didn't have any character centric episode, but it seems like EVERY episode (besides the first one) secretly focuses on Laurel.

That was true in s2 too.  She had her addiction arc in the first part even though she wasn't in on the main stories except for the Dollmaker. And then it took 5 episodes after Christmas to deal with it, and then she was all up in the Brother Blood stuff.

Edited by statsgirl

Would they really make Ted a murder? What's the point of that story?

He'll be innocent but go to jail for the murder and that will give Laurel one more push toward going outside of the justice system. 

Run Ted! People close to Laurel tend to have short life spans!

When it's that obvious what they're going to do, it's really bad writing.

Next season, they kill off Ted and Felicity in a freak accident when she's trying to get him out of jail, and Oliver and Laurel bond over it.

• Love 2

It's funny I remember people were joking about how Laurel was the only character that didn't have any character centric episode, but it seems like EVERY episode (besides the first one) secretly focuses on Laurel. Although, I personally like her a lot better than in season 2, its pretty funny. 

IT MAKES ME SO BITTER I TURN INTO LUCILLE BLUTH. 

LjkYS.gif

Like give Laurel a Laurel centric episode and be done with it for a few episodes! It's like she swoops in and just steals the spotlight (rather poorly, but she does). 

Hmm. Wasn't Ted Grant in the comics also falsely accused of murder?

yeah I think his teacher was killed by boxing glove laced with poison or something 

Edited by ban1o

LOL we might be jumping the gun the description is hardly indicative of the episodes actual content. Like Cupid wan't even mentioned 

I'm not surprised there's no mention of Cupid. I'm guessing they'll introduce her briefly & probably at the end because episode 7 is her episode.

I'm not surprised there's no mention of Cupid. I'm guessing they'll introduce her briefly & probably at the end because episode 7 is her episode.

Oh she'll most definitely be the subject of the 'cliffhanger' Arrow seems to love nowadays. 

I think they're under the impression that the audience is actually surprised by things, but they give so much away that 9 time out of ten someone has already predicted it. So, I agree, Cupid will be a cliffhanger like Nyssa in last nights episode. lol

I think they're under the impression that the audience is actually surprised by things, but they give so much away that 9 time out of ten someone has already predicted it. So, I agree, Cupid will be a cliffhanger like Nyssa in last nights episode. lol

Apparently a lot of people were surprised by Nyssa (I guess they didn't know she coming back so soon ) I've read a lot of reviews and comments say that said that was the best part of the episode haha. I just divulge myself in spoilers so I wasn't very shocked lol. 

Episode 2 was definitely Laurel centric, but I don't think that episode 3 was. She had a plot that had nothing to do with everything else going on in the episode except when she called Felicity, but that was more a Thea and Diggle episode.

Going forward, with the caveat that the episode teasers are often misleading: 

Episode 4: the issue isn't so much that Flash and Arrow are covering more or less the same time frame, but that EBR is one person :)  She is supposedly still in episode 4, but I don't expect to see much of her.

Despite the image of Laurel in the Arrow Cave with Nyssa, Diggle, Roy and Oliver, I also don't expect to see too many Laurel/Oliver scenes, partly because the Hong Kong flashbacks will be back in this episode, taking up time, but mostly because this episode supposedly is focusing on Oliver/Malcolm, with a possible initial cameo from Ra's Al Ghul.  I do expect to see a lot of Laurel, just not necessarily in one on one moments with Oliver.

Episode 5: No, I think this really is the big Felicity episode. Not just because of the title, but because the actress playing her mother was on set for the entire filming; Brandon Routh/Ray Palmer is not in episode four, so the cliffhanger from episode three needs to have some sort of resolution there; and Amell and the rest of the cast said they didn't have to do as much filming for this episode.  

Episode 6: It's unclear how much screentime anyone will have in this episode, but, well, Laurel and Oliver are described as arguing. Which may mean nothing.

Episode 7: Katie Cassidy supposedly wasn't around for most of the filming for this episode. This is the episode where Oliver visits Felicity at her office. 

Episode 8: KC is not in any of the cast pictures for the crossover episode. Frankly I find this bewildering: why on earth wouldn't the Black Canary be part of the Brave and the Bold?  

My main point: episode 6 aside, I don't think there will be that much Laurel/Oliver bonding. More than I want, but not that much. If anything, that will get saved until closer to the end of the season - the more likely time for Oliver/Felicity to agree to try things out again, just to keep us all ranting and in suspense. 

Edited by quarks
  • Love 2

LOL!!  Yes, I sort feel responsible for this in being rather smug about thinking Laurel was the only character without a character centric episode.  Oh, the good old days!