Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Trisha said:

Do the writers think that Oliver opening up to all these women he barely knows this season (Susan, Tinah) and having heart-to-hearts with them instead of with Thea, Diggle, Felicity, etc. is a sign of character growth or something? 

LOL, yes.

• Love 2

Anyone else think it's really weird how Felicity probably knows Susan is Oliver's girlfriend and yet she thinks he's gone off to sleep with Tina? Yikes. The fact that she says anything almost feels OOC. 

Just now, Belinea said:

Also, judging by that script, the 'fake' sides don't sound so far off anymore. Maybe because it is equally bad.

MG probably only said they were fake because the name on the script said Tina. And that's not her real name. See, lawyer speak. LOL.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JJ928 said:

Eh, Oliver and Susan don't bother me. You know she'll end being shady and it'll come back to bite him in the ass, even if it's unintentional on her part.

Yeah, they don't bother me either, apart from the fact that it makes Oliver look a bit like a moron. They'll be done by the end of the season. It's completely obvious she's not long term.

IMO, she's just the rebound so when they move on to Oliver/Dinah, people can't claim she's the rebound and to allow Oliver/Tinah to have the friendship (hey she's already his confidante one ep in), before they move on to starting the romance in the final couple of eps/or season 6.

Or, alternately if you're still utterly convinced that Olicity still has a chance of happening again, it's so he can learn...I dunno... something valuable about relationships, so they don't fail the next time round.

Edited by sara1121
  • Love 3

I just want one interviewer, ONE, to ask TIIC why they are making Oliver so unlikable this year. You can give him manpain. You can make him dumb. You can make him oblivious. But they are combining all these terribad traits into one "hero" who I want to take a long walk off that short snowy cliff again.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Anyone else think it's really weird how Felicity probably knows Susan is Oliver's girlfriend and yet she thinks he's gone off to sleep with Tina? Yikes. The fact that she says anything almost feels OOC. 

MG probably only said they were fake because the name on the script said Tina. And that's not her real name. See, lawyer speak. LOL.

LOL what fake scripts.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Ham, meet fist.

• Love 2

My excitement (little I had) has gone down the toilet.  I also don't understand how he can open up so easily to strangers especially when it has been banged into our head that he has a hard time opening up.  This isn't growth it's stupidity.  You learn to trust people like he did with Diggle and Felicity.  At this point he should just let everyone read his diary from season 4 since he is in such a giving mood. 

• Love 16

I like Olicity but I don't want it with this Oliver tbh. He needs to go thru some changes for me to be invested again.

I have never been a big Oliver fan, he's always been dumber than a bag of rocks, but the show has made him unbearable. I just want Felicity to have an actual storyline, she deserves better than Oliver imo.

That said, I don't think the show is done with olicity. They may go down the Tinah/GA path but I think it'll be as temporary as O/S & O/L. I do think however they reunite O/F is gonna piss me off, because Oliver is the worst & FS deserves better than him. I'm sure they'll have her realize she was wrong all along & ask for forgiveness because that is the Berlanti formula.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, YonkouProdutiona said:

I'm bored with 5x12 here's a bit about 5x13

Thanks.

Can you spoil if there is anything positive for Olicity coming up? I may not like the answer but it would be nice to at least know.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, YonkouProdutiona said:

I'm bored with 5x12 here's a bit about 5x13

You are hilarious. You're like a crack dealer holding up little baggies of crack over the drooling grasping crack addicts.

"Jump for it! Jump, my little muppets!"

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 12

Well, she will probably return just in time to bond with Tinah. 

What I really don't get: Is this season truly better than others? I don't really feel that. I feel that people just love this season because they feel they are getting it their way.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, YonkouProdutiona said:

LOL what fake scripts.

There were casting sides floating around last year when they were auditioning for Dinah. One of the scenes had Oliver training her and saying she was the best fighter he'd ever come across, and then the scene ends with them flirting/almost kissing.

1 hour ago, JJ928 said:

I like Olicity but I don't want it with this Oliver tbh. He needs to go thru some changes for me to be invested again.

I have never been a big Oliver fan, he's always been dumber than a bag of rocks, but the show has made him unbearable. I just want Felicity to have an actual storyline, she deserves better than Oliver imo.

That said, I don't think the show is done with olicity. They may go down the Tinah/GA path but I think it'll be as temporary as O/S & O/L. I do think however they reunite O/F is gonna piss me off, because Oliver is the worst & FS deserves better than him. I'm sure they'll have her realize she was wrong all along & ask for forgiveness because that is the Berlanti formula.

I'd love Felicity's storyline to actually end up being more than C plot a couple of times and to have an impact on the season, but I have low expectations. I do think they are going to have her realize she was wrong and ask for forgiveness.

But I don't think it will be forgiveness about Olicity getting back together, cause I think Olicity are totally done. It will be about Felicity begging for forgiveness for going after Prometheus, cause I think they won't let her actually have a win there. Rather she won't have any effect or will make a mistake and and will have to beg for forgiveness for daring to do something on her own. I bet she needs to be rescued by/assisted by Dinah too.

Edited by sara1121
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, sara1121 said:

I'd love Felicity's storyline to actually end up being more than C plot a couple of times and to have an impact on the season, but I have low expectations. I do think they are going to have her realize she was wrong and ask for forgiveness.

But I don't think it will be forgiveness about Olicity getting back together, cause I think Olicity are totally done. It will be about Felicity begging for forgiveness for going after Prometheus, cause I think they won't let her actually have a win there. Rather she won't have any affect or will make a mistake and and will have to beg for forgiveness for daring to do something on her own. I bet she needs to be rescued by/assisted by Dinah too.

I hope not.  Felicity does not need to be rescued by anyone, including Oliver.

• Love 6
Just now, Cleanqueen said:

With how bad everything is going, I wouldn't be shocked if episode 12 ends with Susan knowing that Oliver is indeed the Green Arrow. EL OH EL

I'd be surprised if she hasn't already put that together after stalking him a few eps back. I just hope he doesn't tell her himself.

5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I'd be surprised if she hasn't already put that together after stalking him a few eps back. I just hope he doesn't tell her himself.

he won't tell her cause he has no desire to have her on the team.....for now.

5 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

With how bad everything is going, I wouldn't be shocked if episode 12 ends with Susan knowing that Oliver is indeed the Green Arrow. EL OH EL

Also, with that brand on her wrist that means she may be in league with someone--Talia?--she may have been sent to Starling already knowing that he was the Green Arrow.

• Love 3

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the only Olicity we get this season is Felicity realizing she wants to be with Oliver again - because somehow in the writers' minds, something about Oliver's idiotic behavior this season is good? - but thinking that he doesn't want to be with her because he's busy with Susan/bonding with Tinah/etc. 

It's funny because the writers are pretty much showing how being with Felicity or being around her and confiding in her is good for him that when he isn't with her he just ends up doing stupid things. 

Edited by Cleanqueen
  • Love 11
33 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Ham, meet fist.

Exactly. But it just...I don't know how she jumps to Oliver cheating when he hasn't been like that in years and certainly not with her. I just don't think it's something Felicity would say. Ugh, it's awful on every level.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Also, with that brand on her wrist that means she may be in league with someone--Talia?--she may have been sent to Starling already knowing that he was the Green Arrow.

With all the retconning and memory loss this season, I'm 50/50 on whether that's going to turn out to mean anything. (It'd be a different story on pretty much any other show.)

• Love 1

It's hard to judge based off of the dialogue. I thought 5x10 was going to be horrible. I thought the scene in 5x11 with Tinah may come across differently. I can think of some scenes last year (Felicity references Oliver's kid to Diggle) that sounded horrible but came off better.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Yes but the problem is they show how she is good for him, they don't show how he is good for her. LOL

Yeah which is frustrating...hoping him acknowledging that something is going on with her is a step in showing that he pulls her out from that path. Hope they circle back to what Felicity said to him in 3x20 by the time 5x20, that knowing him did change her life because right now she's grappling with what her past life meant to her that she might be forgetting who she is now.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Do the writers think that Oliver opening up to all these women he barely knows this season (Susan, Tinah) and having heart-to-hearts with them instead of with Thea, Diggle, Felicity, etc. is a sign of character growth or something? Because I just don't get it.

I think this is EXACTLY what the writers think. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Wait, Wendy called the General Diggle's longtime foe from Season 4 - when was this?

I literally went on google because I thought I forgot an episode from season 4 lol

I like Felicity going undercover and using Rory and Curtis as her body guards. At least something to look forward to in the episode.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Does Wendy even watch the show?

Well she probably didn't explain the storyline in post-episode interviews so people could be confused but I am sure they thought about that storyline in their head. 

Also, cohesive storytelling isn't their forte.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Well she probably didn't explain the storyline in post-episode interviews so people could be confused but I am sure they thought about that storyline in their head. 

Also, cohesive storytelling isn't their forte.

she did do the episode preview last week.

7 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

how they dismounted the Oliver and Felicity relationship-That felt very rushed.

What does that even mean? That they shouldn't have split or that they shouldn't have done it in the way they did? Because at this point in the season it feels as though the forget that they were dating to begin with at times. So I can't imagine him regretting how they broke up.

• Love 1