Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I honestly don't think that Wild Dog nor Tina/BC are creative decisions but WB pushes. I can't even rule out the rest of the Noobs except Curtis.

Same, the most I can reach for them about the Noobs being creative decisions was them being told to put new people in (specifically Rene and Tina, plus more but that they can choose) and then them actually making one a character who can at least lightly connect to Felicity's plot and picking Evelyn to fill in a female role plus having an opportunity to do a betrayal story. 

Sneak Peek 3? What happened to 2?

I laughed at the part about Laurel being a huge fan favorite. So huge they are replacing her. hehe okay.

That's the first interview they have given that made me think the Olicity reunion is going to be at the end of the season. But I suppose it kind of makes sense. They probably need some breathing room after Felicity's story and the Reporter arc.

I just love how much Felicity was in that interview. And the mention of Delicity interaction is the best.

Tina just sounds like one of the Team. I like that they aren't pushing an origin story with her.

• Love 7

http://screenertv.com/television/arrow-wendy-mericle-oliver-felicity-dark-place/

At the very least it won't be all bad for Oliver, with Mericle pointing to his "burgeoning relationship" with Susan Williams (Carly Pope) as a bright spot. "I think there are, for him, places of light and hope."

... Really? 

Also:

Don't expect her to magically get over Billy, though. "The grieving is not going to stop. We're going to be feeling the repercussions of what happened with Malone at lead through episode 520," the executive producer promises

That makes it sound like Felicity's going to be grieving for Billy longer than we saw her with him. Can WM please stop trying to make this relationship seem like it was more than what it was on-screen?

• Love 13

"For Felicity it's going to be pretty dark. She's not blaming Oliver for Malone's death," executive producer Wendy Mericle teases. "She is blaming Prometheus and she's going to be hell-bent on getting him. To the point where it is going to consume her and take her down some unexpected paths."

As for what that new path is, Mericle's lips are sealed. However, she says, "She's actually going to reconnect with an old part of herself. It's not going to play as something dark and negative. Ultimately I think it will be revealed to be that, but she's excited about this new path."

Don't expect her to magically get over Billy, though. "The grieving is not going to stop. We're going to be feeling the repercussions of what happened with Malone at lead through episode 520," the executive producer promises.

"I think in the back half of the season Oliver will really be assessing whether he's more effective as mayor or more effective as the Green Arrow," Mericle says. What side of the line will he end up on, though? Out money is on the green costume. "Oliver Queen: Mayor" doesn't have the same pizzaz to it, as far as TV show titles go.

At the very least it won't be all bad for Oliver, with Mericle pointing to his "burgeoning relationship" with Susan Williams (Carly Pope) as a bright spot. "I think there are, for him, places of light and hope."

http://screenertv.com/television/arrow-wendy-mericle-oliver-felicity-dark-place/

Well did Oliver just get over the guilt over Sara or Shado? It took more a few episodes because her suppressed it. 

Edited by Velocity23

Laura Prudhom comes through!    (See, Nataile, this is what a good, well-balanced interview looks like.)  I'm excited for this;

Part of Felicity's dark path that she's going to be heading down will be ... It'll be kicked off by her drive to save him. It'll be a very complicated, we hope, story between Felicity and Diggle for the back half of the year.

Because finally, OTA are tied together again, even if there are a bunch of n00bs in the lair.  I wish Wendy would shut up about "Felicity',,, inadvertently killed a bunch of people — 20,000, give or take — in Season"  Failing to prevent people being killed is not the same as inadvertently killing them.

Different opinion but I really like that they are having Felicity go dark at a time she's not with Oliver for several reasons

• if she's not with Oliver, there's no pressure on her to be his light
  • she has more power to do what she wants to do rather than run it by her partner
  • Oliver gets to see what it's like to watch someone go dark, as he does, and not be able to do anything to stop it
  • Felicity gets to do something on her own.  Other than briefly, as with looking for Ray, she's never been able to do that before.

Finally, I"m looking forward to this show again.  I think Rory is the best of the n00bs but I understand why the person with the magic powers is better coming and going, as Barry does, rather than on the team permanently.  I wish they would get rid of Wild Dong though.

1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

At first I thought it was because they didn't want someone in the lair similar to Felicity all the time, so they stuck him in the field and figured he could help Felicity when necessary. Then we started getting him doing things that Felicity would've done herself before he was around/interrupting her like in the crossover and I figured it was because of how they regard masks. 

It's always about how they regard masks vs non-masks.  But the other way would have made more sense as a story.

• Love 3

So far we've seen Thea doing more Mayor stuff than Oliver.  Apart from that one medical clinic, "Mayor Queen" has been just talk in his office and him going off with Susan.  Oh and a very special statue.  

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Ugh. I was starting to think WM was getting better at interviews and then 10 mins later, this lands. What's the point of presenting a temp LI as Oliver's new "light"? Who would get excited by this?

• Love 1

Since Tina is basically a character from scratch, I don't see why she couldn't be Oliver's equal in fighting skill depending on how they craft her backstory.  She was an ex-marine or military background and have gone through an island of her own (if I remember it right).  She could have been separated from her team, stumbled in a foreign area, met up with an organization or a really good teacher that trained her, had really bad things happen in the meantime, then she went back to civilization and became a detective.  The league/Ra's isn't the only source of good fighters.  She could have trained with other league outcasts or skilled fighters like Richard Dragon or Lady Shiva.  The possibilities are endless since she isn't limited by comic canon - it could just be as believable as Sara and Oliver's journeys since they have a clean slate.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, ComicFan777 said:

Since Tina is basically a character from scratch, I don't see why she couldn't be Oliver's equal in fighting skill depending on how they craft her backstory.  She was an ex-marine or military background and have gone through an island of her own (if I remember it right).  She could have been separated from her team, stumbled in a foreign area, met up with an organization or a really good teacher that trained her, had really bad things happen in the meantime, then she went back to civilization and became a detective.  The league/Ra's isn't the only source of good fighters.  She could have trained with other trained fighters like Richard Dragon or Lady Shiva.  The possibilities are endless since she isn't limited by comic canon.

I agree she could have a backstory like this but for some reason I'm not expecting it.  

They said a lot of stuff about Dec and Felicity's relationship that was never seen on screen. I wouldn't be surprised if the same isn't true for Oliver and Reporter. There is already a huge disconnect and they haven't really gotten in to it yet.

• Love 12
Just now, wonderwall said:

Chris Hayner is the leader of the I Love Susan group.

I'm angry that he thinks Susie's the finest example of a journalist on the show to date when we've had 4+ years of the amazing, unflappable Channel 52 lady, Whatsherface.

• Love 20
Just now, apinknightmare said:

I'm angry that he thinks Susie's the finest example of a journalist on the show to date when we've had 4+ years of the amazing, unflappable Channel 52 lady, Whatsherface.

She deserves some god damn respect. 

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Ugh. I was starting to think WM was getting better at interviews and then 10 mins later, this lands. What's the point of presenting a temp LI as Oliver's new "light"? Who would get excited by this?

I'm really going to have to pretend this story line is not happening so I suppose I won't be seeing much of Oliver over the next few months. If they're still selling this relationship at Paley, I will throw something. I am petty.

I will, on the other hand, be watching Felicity and Diggle's scenes which sound intriguing. Finally! Something to regain my enthusiasm.

• Love 7

Here's an interesting twist. 

I have no interest in Oliver at all in 5B largely due to Susan and him being totally disconnected from Diggle/Felicity (except for the flashbacks). 

I'm here for Felicity/Diggle getting their due though :)

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 18

Tbh I don't think she's trying to say Susan is his new light or that that's what they'll make it look like on the show.I think it basically means stuff is going to be pretty miserable for Oliver and probably everyone so a relationship is a bright spot. I think pretty much what Billy was for Felicity.Still gross tho because Susan is horrible and no amount of pretending she isn't the show will do can change that for me.

As for Felicity grieving Billy, I'm honestly expecting that not to be an actual thing on the show but more of an excuse they use in interviews for why they're still ignoring olicity. 

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

There's a huge problem with presenting a new woman as Oliver's light -- it's going to royally piss off Felicity and Olicity fans.  At this point, Oliver needs to be his own light.

She didn't say that Susan was his light, but that his relationship with her is a "place of light and hope," which makes sense generally - since relationships are supposed to be bright spots in your life. I'm iffy on what happens when the other person is investigating your past behind your back, but...who knows? If he doesn't break up with her after that, the place of light needs to come from a medical professional shining it in his eyes to check for traumatic brain injury.

• Love 20
9 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I have no interest in Oliver at all in 5B (except for the flashbacks). 

This is me.  I think the intent is to make Oliver independent of the other regular's storylines, more pushback on the Felicity and Friends nonsense.  I've read others think this season is back to being about Oliver, but to me isolating him with people I don't care about means I just don't care.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I'm really going to have to pretend this story line is not happening so I suppose I won't be seeing much of Oliver over the next few months. If they're still selling this relationship at Paley, I will throw something. I am petty.

We got your back and promise to crowdfund your bail money.

• Love 22
18 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

If you're allowed to ask questions - please do ask why Oliver is a total dumbass this season in regards to Susan and why he's so disconnected from his old friends. LOL

• Love 22
1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

If you're allowed to ask questions - please do ask why Oliver is a total dumbass this season in regards to Susan and why he's so disconnected from his old friends. LOL

I second that.

21 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I will, on the other hand, be watching Felicity and Diggle's scenes which sound intriguing. Finally! Something to regain my enthusiasm.

4 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

We got your back and promise to crowdfund your bail money.

Good Fund Me for bail money. I like it!

• Love 3

Another interview in which WM says Billy wouldn't have died if it weren't for Felicity. WHAT? He was a detective and he was investigating Prometheus. 

http://www.etonline.com/tv/208415_arrow_boss_talks_laurel_return_uber_villain_prometheus_felicity_revenge_mission/

“She’s definitely seen her share of dark times,” Mericle said of the character, whose harrowing journey last season included her role in the Havenrock nuclear blast as well as temporary paralysis and her breakup with Oliver. “But this is very different, and it’s very personal this time, in the sense that, this was her boyfriend and he wouldn’t have died if it hadn’t been for her. She knows that despite what Oliver did, Prometheus manipulated the entire thing, and she’s hellbent on getting him and making him pay.”

Also, this one doesn't reference anything about Olicity coming together at the end of the season at all. 

“For us this season, our intent at the beginning was to do stories with Oliver and Felicity independent of the romantic relationship -- sort of take a break, and let them date other people,” Mericle added. “Going forward, to continue that, Felicity is going to be on a revenge mission against Prometheus. She doesn’t blame Oliver for what happened in 5x09, I think rightly so, and she’s going to be on her own path towards avenging Malone’s death. And Oliver will be on his own path dealing with Prometheus. Ultimately, they’re both going to be facing off and dealing with Prometheus, but in their own, independent ways.”

Sigh. I really need to stop reading WM interviews. The first one was so hopeful and now...ugh.

6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

29 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Fund Me for bail money. I like it!

I'm in and heck I even know a good lawyer LOL

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I have no interest in Oliver at all in 5B largely due to Susan and him being totally disconnected from Diggle/Felicity (except for the flashbacks). 

Have there even been any spoilers about present day Oliver in 5B, besides "is he more effective as GA or mayozzzzzzZZZ.... 

Adding Susan into his storyline moves it from boring to skippable territory for me.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Have there even been any spoilers about present day Oliver in 5B, besides "is he more effective as GA or mayozzzzzzZZZ.... 

Adding Susan into his storyline moves it from boring to skippable territory for me.

No, his present-day storyline seems to be all about mayor stuff, Susan, that mention of talking to Diggle and Felicity in 512 and ... yeah. 

7 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Another interview in which WM says Billy wouldn't have died if it weren't for Felicity. WHAT? He was a detective and he was investigating Prometheus. 

Weird thing for me is that I would agree that Billy wouldn't have died necessarily the way he did because of Felicity (i.e. Prometheus wouldn't have gone to the lengths to make sure Oliver killed him if Billy wasn't dating Felicity), but to actually say he wouldn't have died is pushing it. I'd get Felicity feeling guilty to the extent she felt guilty about Laurel's death (in the "I could have done more/done something" way), but I'm not up for blaming her dating someone else. He's a detective who was put on the special red shirt patrol and decided to investigate a serial killer alone after his gf who had more knowledge about what was going on told him not to. His odds of death were against him already.

• Love 12

Yeah it sounds really boring, I have zero interest in anything they're teasing for Oliver. His mayor storyline has been pretty disappointing imo it's basically just giving speeches and having scenes with Susan. I wanted him to have a day job but the way they're handling it hasn't been all that interesting for me.It really feels like for Oliver they're just stalling this season and having him do random stuff and repeat character beats until they can say he's now fully GA and can continue with the story. The stalling because they're getting more seasons is  most apparent with his character imo.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 5

I have no problem that they have independent storylines. I have a problem with the fact that nobody checks in with the other person and emotional attachments are formed with nobodies that really nobody cares about or even had a chance to care about. 

Why is Billy so important to Felicity that she'd grieve so long and intensely. I mean, I get why a person would but we never saw her care about this guy, so why should I care. Susan was shown to be a snake. Now she is Oliver's positivity? Why should I care? You showed me nothing that would make me think otherwise.

I think that people are really indifferent at this point because everything seems like filler and pointless. If you cannot tell proper emotional journeys for characters and make the audience care about what they care about, then basically you have nobody on your side.

I feel as though O/F will not get together this season or even remember that they dated. (or that Felicity had Oliver die on her as well at one point) I feel as though they will wait for the Tina reception and then wait for S6 on how to go on with romantic storylines. I am not really sure they want to go back to it. But they don't want to completely alienate that fanbase further. But I have a hard time seeing them reunite this season if at all. This is not stalling, this is killing something slowly. You suck the joy and excitement out of it until it is nothing but an empty shell of what it once was. That is what it feels like to me their doing.

I cannot stress how underwhelming I consider this season when it comes to personal connections. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 10

Yep to me Oliver has had the least interesting sales pitch for his 5B storyline. It honestly seems to me that Felicity has gotten the biggest push.

I noticed WB was using Olicity photos of 3x22 to promote the show so yeah I'm not worried about them reuniting. And I don't see Wendy's interview as negative to Olicity but more her doing her Wendy thing and selling the fact that they're stalling Olicity to the end of the season. 5x20 seems like a specific number. 

I thought Wendy's push for Wild Dog love was adorable. Sorry honey ain't happening.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

This. Robot Oliver does nothing for me. 

LOL.  A second chance for the characters of Arrow, or for the show itself?

Adding Susan moves it to fast forward territory for me.

We love Wild Dog, and I know that there's a little bit of a mixed reception with the fans, but hopefully when we see where he came from and what his origins are, we'll get some people on his team. 

I love verbal slips that reveal what they're really thinking.  The writers may love him but it sounds like WD is a major fail for fans

• Love 3

Also, Felicity grieving for Malone at least until 520...LOL. They're letting her grieve longer for him than she did for her paralysis, her break-up with Oliver. Basically everything else. Miss me with that please.

5 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Also, Felicity grieving for Malone at least until 520...LOL. They're letting her grieve longer for him than she did for her paralysis, her break-up with Oliver. Basically everything else. Miss me with that please.

Well, Oliver and Sara 'died' as well, Laurel too. The grieve wasn't as extensive. I really do not like that the revenge focuses on Billy's death again. Can they not say that everything came together and now she wants revenge?

4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Right? That makes me really hope this ends up being about everything that happened to her and not just Billy's death, that his death just makes her have to deal with everything else and they don't want to reveal that yet. Otherwise...

11 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense. "She hadn't done it yet?" But it still would have had to happen and therefore he should remember that. They were there when she died. Unless they're saying the hospital's machines and doctors were wrong and she wasn't actually dead yet, this explanation makes zero sense. Otherwise, she's saying that technology brought her back from the dead? Wow... 

• Love 3
Just now, Belinea said:

Well, Oliver and Sara 'died' as well, Laurel too. The grieve wasn't as extensive. I really do not like that the revenge focuses on Billy's death again. Can they not say that everything came together and now she wants revenge?

I wish they'd just said the repercussions of his death plays out until at least 520. Not her grief for him. It just doesn't add up with what we saw on screen. And in previous interviews they were saying how Felicity's dark path was an accumulation of all the bad things that had happened to her but this makes it all about Mayo and SHE COULDN'T EVEN SAY HE WAS HER BOYFRIEND AND WHAT THEY HAD WAS REAL. Are they seriously trying to sell this?! Ugh. I find it so frustrating how clueless these people are.

12 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I am gonna take Wendy's words to mean that olicity is stalled unitl 5x20 cause we're giving felicity exactly 10 episodes to get over a dead boyfriend. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense. "She hadn't done it yet?" But it still would have had to happen and therefore he should remember that. They were there when she died. Unless they're saying the hospital's machines and doctors were wrong and she wasn't actually dead yet, this explanation makes zero sense. Otherwise, she's saying that technology brought her back from the dead? Wow... 

They can't exactly say "This is happening Because Contracts, and we're just half-assing why she's back because she's leaving for good at the end of the episode and none of this will matter." 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

They can't exactly say "This is happening Because Contracts, and we're just half-assing why she's back because she's leaving for good at the end of the episode and none of this will matter." 

Oh but, it.would be so much fun if they did.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

I am gonna take Wendy's words to mean that olicity is stalled unitl 5x20 cause we're giving felicity exactly 10 episodes to get over a dead boyfriend. 

I truly hope you're right but I'm sadly much more negative about O/F in that respect. *Ducks* Sorry! I don't see it happening again, especially not this season. I very much want to be wrong though. :)

But ignoring that, did she really need 10 episodes to get over a boyfriend she seemed so half-hearted about? Meh.