Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

If they want to make Oliver believe his dream would is real would they really make him married to Laurel? 

I could see them showing Oliver a world where he didn't get on the boat, both his parents are alive and Sara also never became a killer. 

I wonder who Oliver's side piece would be in said ep? Surely he'd duck out of the rehearsal dinner to go bang someone who wasn't Laurel, and that person would hopefully not be Felicity, but one of Laurel's other relatives just to keep the theme going.

Well CL was at the park with him. They might as well just keep that going. Oliver would've been cheating on Laurel with Sara even right before they get married. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Where are people getting this whole Oliver/Laurel married thing from?

A Van shooting twitter tweeted about a rehearsal dinner taking place (on Friday, I think) - they've seen the call sheet - there's some confusion about whether it's for 5x08 or 5x09 - the Oliver getting married to Laurel is just speculation that 5x09 could include a "what if" Christmas Carol type of ep about what would've happened if Oliver hadn't gotten on the boat (since that's what MG said they were treating as Arrow's 100th). 

Edited by apinknightmare
(edited)

I was reading through pursuit23 twitter and he said there's no rehearsal dinner. They filming at the Mansion set on Friday. He said Felicity is not filming at The Mansion. 

Click to read all the comments pursuit23 makes (part posted is misleading). Sounds like whomever reported the rehearsal dinner was wrong.

Edited by Morrigan2575
Just now, apinknightmare said:

Not necessarily - they could just be wrong about the date. I suppose they could've made it up, but they quoted the call sheet. 

So he/she says.

I don't know, I'll stick with Pursuit23 he and Canadagraphs have been pretty spot on for years.

2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

So he/she says.

I don't know, I'll stick with Pursuit23 he and Canadagraphs have been pretty spot on for years.

You don't think it's possible that Pursuit23 just hasn't seen the call sheet and isn't wrong about the mansion, but just isn't aware of another scene being shot? He's talking about what people have told him - this other account is mentioning what they've allegedly actually seen. 

Just now, apinknightmare said:

You don't think it's possible that Pursuit23 just hasn't seen the call sheet and isn't wrong about the mansion, but just isn't aware of another scene being shot? He's talking about what people have told him - this other account is mentioning what they've allegedly actually seen. 

Is it possible? Sure. But I'll trust a source that has been proven correct over someone I've never heard of or seen before and, has yet to be proven right about his/her info.

Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

Is it possible? Sure. But I'll trust a source that has been proven correct over someone I've never heard of or seen before and, has yet to be proven right about his/her info.

They aren't necessarily contradicting each other, but okay. Cool!

3 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I don't believe that there was any fan talk. Pursuit/CG/YVRShoots guys aren't 'fans' but more 'paparazzi' 

I think @kariyaki might be referring to our discussion upthread about WM's commentary about Havenrock being aimed at a certain audience, etc. 

• Love 2

I think I need to stop reading whatever MG and WM are saying tbh.

Also, I'm not sure 509 will be a 'what if' scenario unless all the actors like ST and KC are coming back for that episode too but so far it just seems to be for the 100th. 

So basically, manison scenes are for 5x08 and are being filmed on Friday and may include *KC (since she seems to be back in Van on the 6th). SA is not apart of them because he is filming elsewhere for Arrow 5x09 unless they have adjusted the schedule. There may or may not be a rehearsal dinner being filmed on Friday.

58 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I think I need to stop reading whatever MG and WM are saying tbh.

Also, I'm not sure 509 will be a 'what if' scenario unless all the actors like ST and KC are coming back for that episode too but so far it just seems to be for the 100th. 

I don't think so. Unless they are connecting 5x08 and 5x09 but that doesn't make sense given the crossover. 

I still think KC has a cameo in 5x08 and her big appearance is 5x10.

*Its possible KC already filmed her appearance because she teased going to set in a Facebook live but the timing seemed off. This was last week I think. The timing seemed off with JBs tweets but who knows.

Edited by Chaser
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

While I don't give a damn about the newbies and Thea only tangentially, Diggle's storyline has promise.  If they do it, that is, rather than just wrap it up quickly for the usual Oliver&masks storylines.

I think for me, how they handle Felicity's bf in 501 and 502 is going to be the key.  If there is any indication at all that she's really serious in real time about tiny hands rather than it being a consequences of Flashpoint or PTSD, I'm going look for another show to be my primary hangout.

I kind of expect any relationship Felicty has to be over sold in the beginning only for there to be a later reveal like Ray and Jello.  

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I don't think so. Unless they are connecting 5x08 and 5x09 but that doesn't make sense given the crossover. 

I still think KC has a cameo in 5x08 and her big appearance is 5x10.

*Its possible KC already filmed her appearance because she teased going to set in a Facebook live but the timing seemed off. This was last week I think. The timing seemed off with JBs tweets but who knows.

That's what I'm saying. Unless the actors coming back for the 100th are also in 509, I don't see how a 'What if" scenario could play out. And I don't think they're back for 509 so...

Why are they doing this to torture us. What did we do to deserve this pain, all we ever did was promote this show and our couple. They break up olicity then find ways to bring LL back to the show. good grief, it's like they don't want us watching anymore.

Writers do what writers gotta do, its a business after all, money is their first and forever loyalty. When they first got Olicity together, they were doing what they felt was best for their show, (I had to accept it even if I disagreed). Well if they are moving on from Olicity or putting them on ice for a while, well they are doing what they think is best for their show. IT WORKS BOTH WAYS. Its Television anything can happen and most things dont stay the same for the show's entire life span. 

Edited by DCLeague
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, DCLeague said:

Well if they are moving on from Olicity or putting them on ice for a while, well they are doing what they think is best for their show.

Or I suppose it's possible that they're setting up a storyline that they think the audience who is interested in that will be curious enough to tune into for the rest of the season, given Wendy Mericle has been teasing Olicity's ambiguousness over the summer and promising some clarity in 5x05. And, I guess we'll get a clue that there's still something there in 5x05 that they think will make those people keep tuning in to see some more.

Just like they've been teasing the Laurel stuff for people who want to see her. 

I guess it could work that way, too. 

• Love 3

I guess it could work that way, too. 

Anything is possible, they are infinite possibilities, I have always accepted that when watching or reading long running series. 

Edited by DCLeague

Hi guys

Lovely @kariyaki helped with this thread while I was AFK.  A bunch of posts were hidden because people were talking about Haters and fans' opinions about Felicity being bogus.  I trust you guys know why that's not ok. 

Also, just FYI, I moved one of TV Echo's posts to the Spoiler Archive, so don't panic if you notice it's missing from this thread.  :) 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Or I suppose it's possible that they're setting up a storyline that they think the audience who is interested in that will be curious enough to tune into for the rest of the season, given Wendy Mericle has been teasing Olicity's ambiguousness over the summer and promising some clarity in 5x05. And, I guess we'll get a clue that there's still something there in 5x05 that they think will make those people keep tuning in to see some more.

Just like they've been teasing the Laurel stuff for people who want to see her. 

I guess it could work that way, too. 

I honestly don't understand the idea of them moving away from Olicity when the EPs are already talking 5x05 (a sweeps episode). If they were moving away from Olicity, I'm pretty sure there would be no upcoming episode to pimp. They broke up episodes ago, Felicity has a new boyfriend. Their wouldn't be a point in giving them an episode to reaffirm the break up and get the fans talking again. 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I honestly don't understand the idea of them moving away from Olicity when the EPs are already talking 5x05 (a sweeps episode). If they were moving away from Olicity, I'm pretty sure there would be no upcoming episode to pimp. They broke up episodes ago, Felicity has a new boyfriend. Their wouldn't be a point in giving them an episode to reaffirm the break up and get the fans talking again. 

It would if they're trying to convince Olicity fans to keep watching. It's dangling little moments here and there without outright committing to it again. Some O/F fans hear there's a big Olicity episode, they're gonna tune in. Same way they're dangling LL for some viewers too. 

I get what you are saying, I just think if wanted to shut down Olicity this isn't how they would do it. Talk up the partnership and don't make it clear that Oliver still loves Felicity. 

• Love 1

I think they'll probably reach that point after 505 tbh. I hate the idea but it's heading that way, IMO. I'd love to be wrong though. Really.

Edited by Guest
47 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Oh, I didn't mean that they were doing that in terms of shutting down or moving away from Olicity. I think that since they're currently separated, these hacks are going to stretch that story out for as long as they can - they've already given some interviews that indicate Olicity is still on the table - we know to look out for 5x05. They'll give us some clue that one of them still has feelings (Felicity, likely). Maybe something else will happen, or maybe Oliver decides to start dating someone else at that point (because Felicity doesn't say anything about said feelings, and we likely know that Oliver still has feelings for her based on Doc Brown's review of the first ep) - so in post ep interviews they'll probably talk about that, and we'll get some indication of when we'll have another carrot dangled (maybe they tell us to watch out for the MSF, or some other arc), and so on and so on until they're ready to get them back together again. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 10

That makes total sense to me. It's just this idea that they are listening to others-who-can't-be-named I don't understand. 

If they are shutting down Olicity, this wouldn't be how they do it. 

• Love 1

So, if I understand that EW interview with MG correctly, Detective Malone is going to help the vigilantes similar to Detective Lance.  Guess he's going to be around longer than 5.01/5.02.  (I think people thought that based on SM.)  Oliver is going to have to win over Susan Williams which probably happens in 5.05 based on Carly Pope's tweet.  My guess is Oliver rescues her somehow.  Maybe the scene SA was talking about pushing someone in a car and charges going off on his chest at Edmonton Expo.   

1 minute ago, DCLeague said:

But if you imply those fans even without naming, isnt it already in the fantalk territory...

Not really - she's not discussing fan reaction and other stuff we're told not to do, she's expressing that she didn't understand why other people were. 

• Love 1

Hmm..WM has been saying since SDCC that Felicity is affected by flashpoint.  Everyone else has been saying Diggle on Arrow.  Knowledge seems to be what she is "carrying" through the season.  I was thinking general.  Now I am wondering if part of that is knowing about Sara becoming Connor (or whatever actually happens with Diggle's family) and it gets addressed or fixed at the end of S5.  SA said we would be dealing with it in the beginning and the end of the season.

The new promo says" not your average billionaire".  Did Oliver get his fortune back? 

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1

I'm still confused about FP and mad that I wasted my time watching Flash tonight only to fail in my purpose of understanding how it could affect the show I watch.

But other than that, I'm excited to see how the air punch that looks so bad in all of the promos is going to look really cool in the actual episode.  BamBam promised.

Speaking as someone who was arguing at the end of last season that Flashpoint really should change things on Arrow, after tonight's episode of Flash, and assuming (quite possibly wrongly) that tomorrow's episode of Arrow starts after the latest timeline reset on Flash, I too am going to need an explanation as to why changing the timeline so that Reverse Flash killed Nora Allen about five seconds later would affect anything on Arrow.  I'm already not sure why this has left Joe and Iris estranged. 

I'm not expecting to get this explanation, mind you. 

• Love 15

I'm grateful for the people who have voluntarily moved on.  

To clarify: saying "others-who-can't-be-named" when talking about Olicity lovers/haters doesn't fix the fan talk problem.  If you are actually talking about groups of fandoms, being coy about naming them doesn't make a difference. 

I get that talking about how the showrunners might hypothetically be reacting to/writing for a group of fans is technically not talking about the fans themselves.  But it's almost always ends up devolving into "those haters are wrong!"  So please, continue to self moderate and try to avoid analyzing whether the Arrow staff is trying to appeal to any particular fan demo.  It just makes things easier.  

To show my appreciation, a basket full of puppies!

Puppies.jpg

• Love 5

Felicity is supposed to carry around something of Flashpoint. Given the preview for Flash 302, my guess is Felicity  carries around the knowledge of the other timeline. Maybe she documents it because Barry is losing his memories of that timeline or maybe Barry tells her something specific about that timeline that weighs on her. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Felicity is supposed to carry around something of Flashpoint. Given the preview for Flash 302, my guess is Felicity  carries around the knowledge of the other timeline. Maybe she documents it because Barry is losing his memories of that timeline or maybe Barry tells her something specific about that timeline that weighs on her. 

If Barry didn't check in on Cisco and Caitlin I wonder if he checked in on Felicity and he tells her what she was like in the Flashpoint timeline... 

I honestly don't understand why he wants to burden Felicity even more than she's already burdened but it is what it is and I guess it makes sense considering Barry really doesn't care about anyone but himself... 

• Love 7

Now I am wondering if part of that is knowing about Sara becoming Connor (or whatever actually happens with Diggle's family) and it gets addressed or fixed at the end of S5.  SA said we would be dealing with it in the beginning and the end of the season.

Maybe they are erasing his wife too, the actress playing Lyla hasnt been filming or has she? . The way they are talking make it sound like the changes are severe , like he will have a different family or never been married. 

Edited by DCLeague