Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Lord these folks are bad at math. Wendy said the crossover starts with Supergirl. Guggie said it's a 3-parter and Arrow is the middle part. Going by those parameters, the only way it can go is Supergirl is part 1, Arrow is part 2, LOT is part 3. No Flash.

Which is probably wrong.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

So, how would this work if Arrow is the middle ep of a three-parter for a four-way crossover? One of the shows is not getting "part" of it? I mean, the cast will show up on the other shows but the show itself won't "host" a crossover? I'm confused.

Since Arrow is in the middle, I'm guessing Kara comes to The Flash somehow, and the crossover takes place during The Flash, Arrow, and LoT.

• Love 1

Supergirl is on another Earth, so unless they all can run through whatever portal BA can run through - I could see SG being the show that misses out on hosting duties. Meanwhile, Kara and probably even Hank or Superman can get through the portal to come help out BA's Earth.

Except WM specifically said that the crossover would start on Supergirl. So did SA, but he's not part of the decision making process. All this tells me, frankly, is that they - the writers and EPs - basically still have no clue how that's gonna work.

• Love 1

It could start in the last scene of Supergirl by Kara leaving her Earth and going to BA's Earth. Thereby achieving both spoilers. It's only a 3-parter and its starts on SG.

• Love 5

It also doesn't make much sense to leave Supergirl out of it. I'm assuming (and yes, that's dangerous) that Supergirl would want the ratings boost usually brought by crossovers. Both Supergirl and LOT are the ones that sorta kinda NEED the crossovers .

I am hoping the crossovers will have the happy feeling that the first one had, rather than the desperation of last year's.

4 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm prepared to be wrong but, i think we've already seen two of her appearances and one (possibly both?) was a previously filmed scene.

I don't know how I missed this earlier, but, anyway, why two appearances? One is her last words scene in the trailer, but I am missing the other.

SA gave 2 truths, 1 lie:

- Green Arrow kills 12 ppl in the first episode of S5.

- Diggle is affected by Flashpoint (i think this is probably true)

- Moira is Alive.

Interesting... Moira being alive would feel like a big copout though lol. And judging by the trailer i don't see where 12 kills would fit in.

According to Twitter, Amell said during the NerdHQ panel that Felicity and Thea will be handling the work he should be doing as mayor. So that's great. Oliver did do something similar in season two when he skipped out on all of the CEO stuff and didn't show up to the office, so it really shouldn't surprise me that he would do the same thing as mayor. 

• Love 6
(edited)
7 minutes ago, DeadZeus said:

Interesting... Moira being alive would feel like a big copout though lol. And judging by the trailer i don't see where 12 kills would fit in.

probably in the other 40 minutes you haven't watched yet. :)

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

According to Twitter, Amell said during the NerdHQ panel that Felicity and Thea will be handling the work he should be doing as mayor. So that's great. Oliver did do something similar in season two when he skipped out on all of the CEO stuff and didn't show up to the office, so it really shouldn't surprise me that he would do the same thing as mayor. 

Yeah, I'm not a fan of what that could say about Oliver. However, Felicity and Thea scenes?

5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Didn't he say Oliver kills half a dozen people? He confirmed that Oliver kills three in one shot in the present time - could be three in the past (or present). I think that one might actually be true. 

Could be, my mind almost erased the previous points when i heared the Moira thing lol

Just now, Chaser said:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of what that could say about Oliver. However, Felicity and Thea scenes?

Eh, ever since Lies-Are-Awful-and-Destroyed-our-Family Thea supported Oliver's lie about the kid (and encouraged him to continue to lie to Felicity) I no longer really care for/want Thea and Felicity scenes. Unless Thea apologies for her dumbness first. 

• Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I think it just says that he's overwhelmed with mayoral work and trying to keep things straight as Green Arrow. He doesn't have capable help on the Green Arrow side, so he leaves the mayoral stuff to people who he trusts that are capable of handling it. It's probably one of the main reasons why Felicity argues with him to bring in the newbies.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 9

Well if Moira is alive is one of the Truths (which it is most likely NOT), that would be the best news to come out of Comic-Con.

Also who wants to bet that SA's obsession with producing his own content during the NerdHQ panel is going to lead to him demanding a producer credit in his next contract negotiation? And I could see the network giving it to him. Without SA there would probably not be an Arrow, so if they want the show I can see them giving into that request.

16 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Didn't he say Oliver kills half a dozen people? He confirmed that Oliver kills three in one shot in the present time - could be three in the past (or present). I think that one might actually be true. 

Did he confirm the three kills would be in the present? I honestly can't remember if he specified anything.

I don't recall him specifying present v. past time in the 2T&1L panel question. He just said OQ kills half dozen people in the premiere episode. Which is far more likely than ST being willing to come back and be Moira. Also the way he scrambled for the MQ sentence to me seemed like the lie. The killing was the first thing out of his mouth and he has been harping on OQ killing a lot in 501 in the hiatus.

It also seems like we also almost got something about Felicity, but he shut that down quickly.

(edited)
10 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Did he confirm the three kills would be in the present? I honestly can't remember if he specified anything.

No, that was me assuming, since SA justified it as a kill-or-be-killed kind of thing. I figured he wouldn't really need to justify that if it was past Oliver. But it also seems like past Oliver is doing some killing, so maybe he was justifying that, IDK.

Edited by apinknightmare
53 minutes ago, looptab said:

I don't know how I missed this earlier, but, anyway, why two appearances? One is her last words scene in the trailer, but I am missing the other.

I was told (haven't seen it myself) that Black Canary's death is shown in the LoT Season Premiere.   I'm guessing it was on the LoT sizzle reel.  So that's 2 appearances down one is a Flashback, the other appears to be  historical records/footage. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

What was the question and answer? I can't watch the panel yet so I'm curious. 

A woman said she was thrilled with the news and asked what role BC would play this season. SA deflected. Can we stop the live feed?

I watched the reel again and they show Oliver snapping a guy's neck in the fight club during the flashback. Definitely points to the killing three guys in one scene being that.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I was told (haven't seen it myself) that Black Canary's death is shown in the LoT Season Premiere.   I'm guessing it was on the LoT sizzle reel.  So that's 2 appearances down one is a Flashback, the other appears to be  historical records/footage. 

Thanks. I haven't watched the LoT sizzle reel either, so I had no idea about that. :)

3 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

If KC has  a contract, that said contract probably has a set number since I doubt SAG would allow them to have a contract with no real information. So even if they dont use her, they would still have to pay her a certain amount.

Partly true. If Katie Cassidy's name appears in the opening credits, yes, they do have to pay her, regardless of whether or not she appears in the episode. She has already been paid for several episodes where she didn't appear.

But if her name does not appear in the opening credits, and she does not appear in live or archival footage, no, they do not have to pay her a certain amount. Also, SAG does allow for regular contracts with no specific number of episodes - the Game of Thrones people have discussed this openly, as have the actors on How To Get Away With Murder.  Natalie Dormer had exactly this - a regular contract without a set number of episodes or filming dates for season six of Game of Thrones, and has a pretty extensive interview up somewhere discussing the issues with scheduling and other filming commitments that this caused for her, and how she had to re-negotiate/badger the GoT producers to meet those other commitments.

HBO, like WB TV, is a Time Warner subsidiary. 

34 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

It also doesn't make much sense to leave Supergirl out of it. I'm assuming (and yes, that's dangerous) that Supergirl would want the ratings boost usually brought by crossovers. Both Supergirl and LOT are the ones that sorta kinda NEED the crossovers .

I think that's mostly the other way around? On the one hand, yes, Supergirl is going to take LoT's place as the CW's most expensive show, so really needs to draw in viewers, and yes, Supergirl dropped sharply in the ratings/viewers last season on CBS, and I don't think there's any guarantee that viewers will follow the show over to the CW.  However, even after that drop, Supergirl was pulling in twice the audience that Flash did and is currently outselling season 2 of Flash on DVD/Blu-Ray pre-orders. I think the CW is hoping that some of that audience spills over to the other three shows, which may or may not be a realistic hope. 

• Love 8

Yeah, it's the "on the one hand" stuff that makes me think Supergirl needs the crossover boost. But you're right, it's still the show with more viewers. So back to my original question: how would this work? I don't think Supergirl is the show not "hosting" a crossover. Or are the show runners just really, really bad at math?

I'm watching some of the interviews - there are so many, I don't know whether I'll manage to watch them all - and DR's Seat42F interview is feeding my hopes that we'll have sort of a reversal of 206, in that now it will be Dig that Lyla, Oliver and Felicity come to extract. Don't toy with me, David.

• Love 1

This is not going to clear up the confusion, re: the crossover discussion above.  From the Hollywood Reporter article that @tv echo just posted in the Spoilers thread.

Turns out 508 is chapter two of our four-part crossover," Guggenheim said. "And then 509 is our midseason finale. It's actually timed perfectly."

So it's a four-part crossover, not a three-part.  But if it starts on Supergirl, how can 508 be the second chapter?

(edited)

I watched all of them...

Spoilers from SDCC press roundtables (Jul. 23, 2016) -
Seat42F interview with WM

(video posted by Velocity23 on page 40 of the Spoilers thread)

-- WM: "We're doing a regular four-month time jump, or I guess it's five... We're going to pick up right there and uh, you know, four months after Damien Darhk's been killed and the city is not in a great state. Star City is getting better under - Oliver will be the Mayor. He'll still be the Mayor when we open in 501. And he'll be kinda fighting on two fronts, so he'll do kinda the criminal element in town - the mob. We haven't really explored the mafia on the show before, and we've done a little with Helena Bertinelli in season 1. They're going to be a huge element when we come into this season. And also he's going to be bringing in a lot of new vigilantes who've been inspired by the Green Arrow that have been popping up all over the city, both helping and not helping."

--  WM: "We are going to see some Bratva action both in the present day and [in the flashbacks]... most exciting... Russia. Yay! We find out where that tattoo came from. We'll be really exploring it in the flashbacks, but we will be tying it into the present day."

-- WM: "Thea left. Thea's in the Mayor's office. You'll see Speedy here and there this season."

-- WM: "Dig is in the military when we open at the beginning of this season. And he's not going to come back until he's really made peace with what he did with his brother, especially in episode 420 last year, when he murdered his brother basically."

-- WM: "But we will have a whole new team of characters - the vigilantes I was just talking about. One of them is Wild Dog, who we cast Rick Gonzalez, and he's going to be kind of part of this new figuration. And there'll be a couple others, including Echo Kellum and Mr. Terrific. 

-- WM: "There will be some effects [from Flashpoint on the Arrow universe]. I can't tell you what, how big or how small, but there will. We will definitely honor that that is - that has happened. And there will be some characters that are more aff - more influenced or more impacted by it than others. And I definitely would say, you know, Felicity is going to be - she's going to be carrying something [unintelligible word] that through the season."

-- On Arrow's 100th episode being a big crossover episode, WM: "It's going to be the biggest one we've done. It's going to involve all four shows... It will be a four-part story, Supergirl obviously airing first." She also said that there will no special guest stars.

-- On what's happening with the SCPD and the new detective coming in, WM: "One of the things we're doing is, we've always really wanted to explore the [unintelligible word] stories about corrupt cops and corruption within the SCPD. And so that will be a big piece of what's going on in the city and what Oliver's dealing with as Mayor.

-- WM refused to rule out the return of Oliver's son.

-- On Olicity this year, WM: "Good question. I think that... in the past, we've really - one of the reasons that relationship happened was we wanted to write to the chemistry that was obviously palpable on screen between Stephen and Emily, and also really honor who those characters are, and [unintelligible words] leave them ambiguous at the end of season 4.  And you'll see them stay ambiguous for awhile. You'll get some answers - Olicity fans will get some answers in episode 5. Beyond that, we're going to write to see - you know, we're going to write to them the same way. If they take us in the direction of reconciliation, great.  If not, we'll see what happens... You'll find out a lot more clarity in episode 5... on Olicity."

-- On Curtis becoming Mr. Terrific, WM: "I can tell you it's going to be an evolution over the season. And - but you'll definitely be seeing him in action the first night, and he's gonna be... I mean, he's badass, he's awesome."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Seat42F interview with SA

(video posted by tv echo on page 40 of Spoilers thread)

-- SA: "He's a garbage Mayor. No, that's true. He's doing a really bad job. That's a critical point early in the year with Thea, especially because Thea's basically holding all the water as Mayor. Because there is no team. So Oliver's out there on his own. And being out there on his own means that there's really no time for him to be the Mayor."

-- On whether we'll ever see the goatee, SA (smiling): "Sure, you know... sure... You know, we are kinda tied to two things. One, the flashbacks, okay. Two, sometimes on the show, like we do in the first episode this year, we flash back to something that happened when Oliver - through our first four seasons. And explain some things. So what would I do with a goatee then? Like this is a reality of episodic television that we really can't get around - and I'm not wearing a fake beard. It's a 183-day shoot. A fake beard's itchy. The two days that I spent on Legends of Tomorrow as Old Oliver were literally the two longest days that I've ever had on set. They were incredibly - the beard itched. It was bad. So... we are a slave to that a little bit. But I would like the goatee at some point."

-- On Bamford's stunt scene, SA: "I can't tell you anything about the stunt scene. What I can say is, I think it's incredibly important for any show at any point in time - not necessarily to reinvent itself, but reinvigorate itself. And that typically tends to be, you find someone that from a creative perspective, really breathes new life into the show. And that to me is James Bamford. He's directing our first two episodes. And to me, if this show's going to keep going past season 5 and have a - you know, have a second leg, so to speak, um, it will be large part because of him."

-- On what Oliver thinks of the new vigilantes, SA: "He thinks they're garbage. He thinks they're not ready. He doesn't want to use them. Felicity wants a new team. Oliver wants the old team. Oliver wants Dig and Thea to come back. And a lot of our early part of this season is wrestling with the idea of whether or not they're going to."

-- On Olicity, SA: "They're very much partners. They're the remaining members of Team Arrow at the moment. And, uh, I've enjoyed our scenes. Uh, we have a heated disagreement in the first episode of the year, and I really like the way that it played. We didn't argue like - we didn't argue like I was trying to be gentle. Like, I had my opinion, she had hers. We hashed it out, went from there. I think they're in a really good place."

-- On Cody Rhodes, SA: "Cody plays a villain and we fight."

-- SA: "Our flashbacks do pick up in Russia. Um, Oliver is on the hunt for the individual that he promised he would take care of for Taiana."

6 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

This is not going to clear up the confusion, re: the crossover discussion above.  From the Hollywood Reporter article that @tv echo just posted in the Spoilers thread.

So it's a four-part crossover, not a three-part.  But if it starts on Supergirl, how can 508 be the second chapter?

I think maybe he just means that four shows are participating in a crossover that takes place across three episodes? It could be something as simple as what kismet suggested, that the crossover starts at the end of the Supergirl ep, with the hope that those viewers will then follow her story to the other shows. 

• Love 2

Seat42F interview with DR

-- DR: "Diggle's back in the army. Special forces. You find him at the beginning of the season overseas in Chechnya... And, um, he - there's some things going on there... and he eventually turns back to the team. And finds out there are some new members. He's going to have an opinion about that."

-- DR: "But when we find him, he's still a man very much so of two minds, in that he's trying to figure out - he misses his family, he misses the team - he's trying to figure out why he pulled the trigger in terms of his brother's death. And he still feels very guilty over Canary's death. Personally responsible for it. So he's still dealing with some things... We'll get a very good glimpse of what's going on in his brain."

-- On whether we'll see any Diggle flashbacks this season, DR: "That's a good question. It's more of a producer question. I think - my guess is yes. I don't know. We haven't filmed any yet. Um, but we do have a - we have an interesting thing in terms of flashbacks - in terms of some characters that have been in his life in the past... That's about as much as I 'll hint about that. But you'll see how he's dealing with this in a very visceral, visual way."

-- DR said that Diggle's new helmet is "awesome".  Last season, his helmet was just concealment, but his new helmet will do more than that.

-- DR: "There's going to be some things that Diggle finds overseas that he's going to need the team, including his wife [Lyla, who's now head of ARGUS]."

-- DR: "The show's strongest as kind of a street-level, crimefighting phenomenon, right?  Diggle - or Oliver and Diggle and two or three other characters' brawn and Felicity's brain. And, um, I think that's really been the strength of the show on a street level. Getting back to that... Nukes and magic, it all feels a little flashy - though it worked incredibly well last season. Um, I think the strength of the show is the kind of street-level, crimefighting show. So we're getting back to that."

• Love 1

Really not happy to hear that Oliver is a garbage mayor.  I don't mind him being too busy and having Thea and Felicity help out but he was a garbage  CEO and I was hoping he might have grown in the interim 3 years.

I'm interested to see the Oliver/Felicity argument in the first episode.  EBR said at the IGN panel that it ended up going to a place they didn't imagine when they first read the script and I'm all for acting organically taking things places.

• Love 5

1) I haven't watched the panel or the interviews yet, but did Emily really say Happy harbor or are the people are Comicbook.com just the worst? Haha.

2) What do you think of Wendy's answer re: Olicity? To me that sounded the most ambiguous answer she could give- not negative, just she didn't really say anything new. Are they learning to keep their cards close to their chests?

3) The more I read about Steve's comments about this freaking scene in the premiere, the more I am reminded of the hallway scene with Laura, and that is not an association I ever thought I'd make. Please stop.

9 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

From the Seat42F interview with Echo and EBR posted in Spoilers Only -- EBR says the Palmer Tech set is gone. They turned it into something else.

I wonder if they mean just the PT lab that Curtis was working in is gone, or if the PT/formerly QC office set-- boardroom, hallway with elevator, Felicity's office-- is gone as well. Because if it's the latter, I'd be really sad. 

Seat42F interviews with EK and EBR

-- On what's up with Curtis professionally since Felicity is no longer in charge of Palmer Tech, EK: "I think Curtis is kinda in flux professionally right now. You know, he loved his boss, the CEO. Uh, but he is definitely loyal - definitely, active worker - you know, you'll see him more involved with Team Arrow, in like, getting more on that aspect of helping them create new tech and different things that actually [unintelligible word] the team."

-- On whether he's getting a mask this season, EK: "Oh yeah... the mask is happening this year. It's happening. For sure. Yeah."

-- On whether Curtis is going to be Team Arrow's Cisco in a sense, EK: "In a sense, yeah. I mean, you know, they have differences, but yeah, he'll definitely be - I think they won't have to outsource all their tech needs to Star Lab anymore."

-- On Palmer Tech, EBR said that Ray gave Felicity the company and that it's still her company, but she's been fired. EBR: "That set's actually gone... The set's gone.  I mean, it's easily rebuilt... The space is there, we just made it into something else."

-- EK and EBR agree that Curtis probably still works at Palmer Tech, but it's not something they ever talk about. EK feels like there's a loyalty thing that Curtis would leave if Felicity's gone, but they don't know.

-- EBR didn't know anything about WM's comment about Olicity in 505.

• Love 3
(edited)

Nerdophiles interview with SA

(video posted by bijoux on page 40 of the Spoilers thread)

-- SA: "To me, this season feels very grounded and very patient... Why did Oliver become what he became? He became what he became because his father asked him to do something for him in the moments right before he died... So he became what he became because his father asked him to make Star City a better place than the place that he left. And that really is where we get to this year with Oliver. Like, Oliver's most important relationship in the show is not with Felicity, it's not with Thea, it's not with Diggle, it's with Star City. And that's what we focus on this year. And it feels good. The show feels like - you know, it's really amazing that we started with one show and now we have four. But Arrow has always been the most specific show. It's a street-level, crimefighting, make Star City show. And it feels like we're getting back to that this year, which is cool."

-- On Oliver's losses affecting him and finding the light despite the darkness last season, SA: "Well, you know, the Oliver of season 1 was ... at one end, and the Oliver beyond season 2 was at the other end. It's very black and white. I'm willing to use lethal force and then I'm not, right? And obviously, it just doesn't come down to that. At the end of season 4, we found a shade of grey. And Oliver's very much in that spot still... He says to Thea in the pilot, he has to admit that Malcolm was right, that if he's not willing to do whatever is necessary, then he shouldn't even be out there at all. And as a result, we have a shot in the pilot where I kill three people in one shot... It's like, it is what it is. 'Are you in my way? Are you threatening my life? You gots to go.' ... That's a more interesting character because there's more dynamic. There are more colors to it."

-- SA: "We're going for it this year. The season is me... I love that Flash and Supergirl and Legends can have their lighter moments. And I think it's important to have that too. But, you know, Oliver' is getting to that point - he's getting to be a bit of the grizzled veteran. Just a little bit. Not totally. He's not a curmudgeon. But at the same time, like, he's getting back to that - he's getting back to where we found him a little bit."

-- SA: "This is probably the last year with flashbacks, which means that we have a lot to accomplish, which means that the impetus and the throughline for the flashbacks have a lot of urgency to them." 

-- Per SA, Flashpoint affects Arrow. SA: "It is explained early in the early part of the season, not necessarily on our show... And then we suddenly begin to [introduce?-unintelligible word] it. Suddenly. And then maybe not so suddenly."

-- Per SA, Cody Rhodes will appear as a villain in 503: "We're going to fight."

-- Per SA, he doesn't think this will be the last season of the show, but it will be "the end of a chapter."

-- SA: "One of the things that we do this year that I think is very cool is that the villain, the Big Bad this year, was created by Oliver. It was created based off of Oliver's actions in season 1. I think that's a cool place to take the show."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Nerdophiles interview with EBR

-- On Olicity, EBR: "Their romantic relationship has disintegrated, um, but their communication is getting better.  Their work partnership has never been stronger. I think that does have to do with the communication and probably the breakup had a part to do with that. And they're discovering things about having to work through new things over the team also being disintegrated at the same time and like trying to rebuild certain things - building a team, building a new aspect of their relationship, it's all very [unintelligible word]."

-- Per EBR, the show is getting back to "extreme fighting" and "getting more grounded" and "bringing it back to raw and grit and having real people doing real things that are extreme." 

-- On Havenrock, EBR: "That is her crux of the season. She definitely carries a lot on her shoulders from that. I mean, choosing the lesser  of two evils doesn't really, you know, eliminate the fact that she killed 10,000 people... And also there has to be something said about doing something you feel guilty about that is at such a distance, but you were the main part of it. Like, it is, you know, across the country and that, you know, she's probably at home checking up on the news every day and if people come to her that she meets that are from there, how does that guilt, you know, stir her up? And how long can she bottle it up and forget about it until it, you know, [unintelligible word] in her nightmares or her demons."  She asked to show more of Felicity's feeling guilt over Havenrock.

-- On getting Palmer Tech back, EBR: "I don't know. I mean, I haven't seen anything or heard anything about Palmer Tech this season yet. I think her main goal is to get the microchip more accessible to the public access and working towards helping people with paralysis - working towards that. That's really important to her."

• Love 4

Nerdophiles interview with EK

-- On Curtis, EK: "Right now he's really nerdy and fun and all that. But you'll see him like go through growing pains and like harden up a little bit."

-- On Felicity being the software and Curtis being the hardware, EK: "But you'll see him like, you know, work a lot of tech and bring new things into the fold, and also like, you know,  get his foot wet in getting into the action... I'm training right now."

• Love 2

TVForTheRestOfUs interview with SA 

-- SA: "He's doing a sh*t job as Mayor. He's doing a bad job as Mayor. Because there is no team. It's just him. Which means that he is spending all of his time being the Green Arrow. And no time at all being the Mayor. And that's a big point of contention between him and Thea - and him and Felicity a little bit... Thea basically is the Mayor because I'm not doing anything... Oliver's like 'I'm busy doing other stuff' because Star City's not in good shape."

-- SA reiterated that a big point of contention between Oliver and Felicity early on is that she wants a new team and he wants the old team back, but he realizes at some point that they need a new team so he has to train some new team members. 

-- On Cody Rhodes, SA: "He auditioned for a part that actually ended up going to someone else, which is a recurring role throughout our season. But they really liked him and they wrote a character for him, and it's a really cool character. We get to throw down in our third episode, I believe."

-- On whether Felicity & Oliver are going to start regaining trust,  SA: "I think that there's a good trust and a good business partnership between the two of them. But from a romantic standpoint, they haven't gone back that way." In response to question "are they?", SA just shrugged.

-- SA: "Flashpoint affects our show. And, uh, I can confirm that now... Flashpoint has affected the universe we live in. Something we explain and examine in the early part of the season, not necessarily on our show. And, uh, I believe it'll have lasting ramifications. I do. In very interesting ways."

• Love 1

TVForTheRestOfUs interview with EBR

-- On Oliver & Felicity, EBR: "They're, um, definitely working towards, you know, making the city better - that's what they do, um, you know, changing the world one small city at a time, one mobster at a time, one supervillain at a time, um, dark magic at a time. And they are working together in a professional aspect and they really - you know, it's not relying on their romantic relationship, but they are in a relationship - um, you know, they're in a partnership, a work relationship, a friendship hopefully, and sort of working towards that and hopefully building a communication off the breakup and, you know, hopefully making their communication stronger in that aspect."

-- EBR hasn't seen anything about Palmer Tech yet, but she noted that Felicity does own Palmer Tech but was fired, so there are loose ends there that have to be tied up.

-- On whether Felicity will take on a bigger role in Team Arrow since there's only two of them, EBR: "Well, yeah, I guess cause she's sort of like the vet now... She's always had a large role. I think that her role is her role for a reason... Everyone has an equal weight of it, so I wouldn't say 'larger,' but she definitely holds her own and is a huge part of it. That's her main goal."

• Love 3
(edited)
46 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

From the Seat42F interview with Echo and EBR posted in Spoilers Only -- EBR says the Palmer Tech set is gone. They turned it into something else.

Hmm. Not sure I like this tbh. I've never really enjoyed the PT scenes but I did like that Felicity had something of her own. Now she's helping Oliver with the team and the mayor stuff? Uh...I hope she finds her own goal.

Edited by Guest

So, if the Palmer Tech set is gone, then...I guess those weren't Palmer Tech shirts Echo and the newbies were wearing in that BTS pic Echo posted a week or so ago? Or maybe Palmer Tech still exists, we just aren't going to see it? Otherwise, how would Felicity be working to get the implant available to the public? Unless that's EBR's head canon but isn't being addressed on the show at all (yet). Too many questions!

• Love 2
(edited)

ComicsOnline interviews with SA, DR and PB

(video posted by tv echo on page 40 of the Spoilers thread)

-- SA: "And the fact that we've had the opportunity to introduce new shows is wonderful and I hope they all succeed. But Arrow is a very specific thing. It's not as big a universe as The Flash or Supergirl or certainly as Legends of Tomorrow. Arrow is at its best as - at its most efficient when it's a story about Star City and street-level crimefighting. So we're back to that this year, which is really exciting."

-- SA: "I've talked with Greg Berlanti a lot and he said that some of his favorite shows, you know, had a - not a renaissance necessarily, but really hit their stride in season 4, season 5, season 6. And it's typically because someone has breathed new life into the show. And I really believe that that person is James Bamford. He's directing our first two episodes and he gets it. He gets the show. The action is mean. We are shooting some awesome sh*t right now - like just some real oners that have to be mean, and they are real mean, like bare knuckle action, and I think that's what we do well." 

-- On his wish list beginning and ending with Victor Garber, SA: "I'm appearing in a Legends episode in the early part of the season for them and my first question was, 'Is the scene with Victor Garber?' And they're like (shakes head). So, 'okay, guys, whatever.' So hopefully, one of these days." 

-- DR reiterated that Diggle will be getting a new mask that's a Cisco creation.

-- On Quentin, PB: "Well,he was fired from the police force... had his badge taken away from him. Took one for the team there.  Um, he's on adrift at the moment... Um, yeah, he's in a bit of a desolate place. Miserable. Tune in, folks! It's gonna be great." 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1