Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

SDCC was actually better than I expected. The cast interaction was so amazing, I love it. The trailer didn't get me that hyped but tbh I need big olicity moments for that anyway lol. But I still liked it even the newbie stuff seems fun. I was expecting them coming in like fully formed heroes like Thea and Laurel apparently were when they joined the team but I like that they clearly need Oliver's training. 

The olicity stuff was better than expected for me at least. They sold the partners at the start stuff but I get the sense they will show a rebuild back to a romantic relationship. Can't wait for 5. 05, they really hyped it as a big olicity episode. So happy Felicity will deal with havenrock and all the trauma she went through. I really thought it won't be brought up and they would just focus on PT with her. 

I hate that Digg will be affected by the flashpoint  tho, its so unnecessary. 

About the KC stuff, I'm really not even annoyed. I don't think she'll get more than an episode on each tbh and I think arrow gets the best deal there since LL is dead and she can only show up in fbs which are rarely not Oliver's five years away and rarely pre island. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't think they told us who Prometheus is.

Also, in the trailer it looks like Curtis maybe gets his ass kicked or something and that's why he starts training. FINGERS CROSSED PAUL IS SAFE.

Edited by Guest
3 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

Did they say who's playing Prometheus? Or is it someone they already hired that's gonna be revealed as?

I don't think so, just that it's the guy at the end of the reel. But, am I supposed to think it's JS? Because I'm thinking it might be a possibility.

Just now, tangerine95 said:

I hate that Digg will be affected by the flashpoint  tho, its so unnecessary. 

I'm actually kind of annoyed that they didn't say how at the Arrow panel, since the Flash panel already said he would be and yet we still don't know how and possibly won't for a while.

12 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Huge sigh of relief KC didn't show up. 

If that doesn't tell people all they need to know about this 'deal' I don't know what will. :)

(edited)

yessssssssssssssssss, KATIE CASSIDY RETURN, very excited, for BLACK CANARY AND BLACK SIREN

[Edited by mod: don't be gloaty about other fans].  she's regular now

Edited by MuuMuuChainsmoker

Wasn't really impressed by that trailer, and I don't know why. It felt..so ordinary. Don't like Baby Canary at all. She's just as annoying as she was on SPN.

So what now I'm to believe that Laurel is the reason Oliver isn't going it alone? Because I remember when it was FELICITY that beat that drum from the moment she showed up but it's Laurel that sets him on that path but for reals this time? Oh that ruffles my feathers a lot.

• Love 9

Isn't Prometheus a villain we should be associating with Arsenal??? 

I am looking forward to seeing the entirety of the Arrow panel discussion, because the bits floating out don't make a great deal of sense out of context.

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Because I remember when it was FELICITY that beat that drum from the moment she showed up but it's Laurel that sets him on that path but for reals this time? Oh that ruffles my feathers a lot.

Well, five months will have passed in show time, and Felicity still has to convince him to take on some new team members. So I'd say those last words settled in with Oliver about as well as anything else Laura ever told him. 

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

If that doesn't tell people all they need to know about this 'deal' I don't know what will. :)

Yeah. Its all about the numbers. They realized they would need her back for something and it was cheaper to ink this deal and they could make a big announcement that way.

I still think they are having her give the name back to Sara. 

• Love 2
(edited)
22 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Okay what did I miss? How is KC back as Black Siren in Arrow? I'm confused.

She's not. She'll be Black Siren on Flash. Some people are thinking this means Oliver will convince Black Siren to turn good and eventually become BC and LOL no.

Edited by Guest
Just now, Angel12d said:

She's not. She'll be Black Siren on Flash. Some people are thinking this means Oliver will convince Black Siren to become good and eventually become BC and LOL no.

Oh gods. If that happens, I am done. I mean that will be it for me. Gods that would be the worst. LOL Thanks for the explanation though.

I am done.  I can't do this anymore.  I was gone this weekend and logged back in hoping to see news about Sara as BC and I see this.  This is like my worst nightmare.  I just. No.  I can't do this anymore.   *cries*   Way to ruin all my shows, CW, not just one.   

• Love 1

Apparently those rumors about her getting fired weren't true.   They wouldn't do this if they didn't get along with the actress.  

But I am just sick about this.  First thing I'd gotten excited about all summer and to have that hope bombed in the worst way possible. 

Y'all, John is a "series regular" as well.  He was last year and his total screentime for the SEASON: 59 minutes.  Divide it by three and that gives KC a total of about 19 minutes or so per show.  If that.  Honestly I feel like she'll be on Flash and LoT more, so probably even less time for Arrow.  Not worried about it.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I am done.  I can't do this anymore.  I was gone this weekend and logged back in hoping to see news about Sara as BC and I see this.  This is like my worst nightmare.  I just. No.  I can't do this anymore.   *cries*   Way to ruin all my shows, CW, not just one.   

I totally understand how you feel but this is not as big a deal as some people are making it out to be. Seriously. Trust me.

25 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

When has Arrow ever followed the comics?

Was hoping this might give us a bit more Roy Harper.

On another note, KC coming in across shows sounds like something to allow options with the big four day crossover between all shows and cover any incidentals needed as they wrap up remnants of death early in the season.  Those who ae eager to see her return should watch to see if she is scheduled during key sweeps periods.  The statement that she will not return on Arrow as Laurel is interesting, as it might have been more powerful to stir the pot with just saying she had the multishow deal.

2 minutes ago, Princess Vanellope said:

Y'all, John is a "series regular" as well.  He was last year and his total screentime for the SEASON: 59 minutes.  Divide it by three and that gives KC a total of about 19 minutes or so per show.  If that.  Honestly I feel like she'll be on Flash and LoT more, so probably even less time for Arrow.  Not worried about it.

59 WORTHLESS MINUTES (except for his dominatrix crack). 58 WORTHLESS MINUTES AND 49 WORTHLESS SECONDS.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

That's even worse, for me, since my main show is LoT, not Arrow.

I want to reassure you that it might not mean much even on LoT. I mean 1 episode or 2 isn't that bad right? Easily skippable.

Edited by mod: fan talk.

(edited)
1 hour ago, foreverevolving said:

Edited by mod: fan talk.

Don't know, I'm not to aware of what's going on with flash, except for Barry fucking things up but we all know that. :p

I'm watching Felicitys episode of Flash. That's it.

Unlike Miller and Barrowman, they didn't talk about her or her character at all.

My guesses:

Arrow is back to basics. That eliminates time travel and BS. You are left with flashbacks. I'm guessing they already filled a big part of her Arrow deal with the flashback in 5x01. If we see her again, I'm thinking Lance flashback and to tie in at the end of the five years. That's three eps right there. I can't imagine more.

MG said she wouldn't be showing up as BC on LOT because of other plans. I'm going with BS or Laurel on a flashback. Sara becomes Black Canary either way. One or two episodes.

I don't care about The Flash but BS. Maybe one Ep. 

Regular does not mean REGULAR. 

Im pretty positive about everything else. I was expecting to feel discouraged about Olicity but I really don't. Superhero High actually sounds fun. The action looks really good. 

• Love 5
(edited)
59 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

What Felicity news?  Is Felicity going to be on Flash?  I saw the KC news and just blanked on everything else.

LOL yeah she's going to give Barry advice in episode 2.  Edited by mod: fan talk.

4 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I wonder if they have to pay KC for every time they show her likeness in the statue. That probably needs contracts and shit too.

I heard something happened like that on Charmed. Prue died and they lost rights to Doherty's image.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

59 WORTHLESS MINUTES (except for his dominatrix crack). 58 WORTHLESS MINUTES AND 49 WORTHLESS SECONDS.

I know, it is a waste.  Bright side: it takes longer for me to get my hair done, so I'm focusing on that.  All the things that take longer than 59 minutes lol

plus....how sad that she (possibly) didn't get any other work.  

Edited by Princess Vanellope
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I don't know if this is any consolation, but her appearance on LoT might be so that they can formally hand the Black Canary name from Laurel to Sara. But I get your despair. Everyone is talking about how minimal her role is going to be on the three shows, but how can we know?  I'm preparing for the worst when it comes to bringing her back, although it is offset by the excitement and happiness we saw from the cast this weekend. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I wonder if they have to pay KC for every time they show her likeness in the statue. That probably needs contracts and shit too.

Maybe that's why that statue concept art was so shitty? I'm sorry. I could not resist. I sincerely apologize. 

I get why people are upset. I went from really liking KC, to disliking Laurel, to outright hating Laurel, to also not really liking KC. I was thrilled Laurel was killed off, and I am bummed to see I won't be rid of her. I don't think it's going to be that bad, though. These series regular contracts seem to be an easy way to keep the actors available and using them wherever without having complicated individual show contracts. I don't see KC having more than overblown cameo roles on any of these shows. If I'm wrong, I suppose the only one I'd be upset about is Arrow since I'm a casual viewer of the other shows. 

• Love 7

We may have seen the sum total of KC's 1st (hopefully last) appearance on Arrow in the sizzle reel.  If that's the extent of her showing up I can deal with it.   I wouldn't be surprised if she makes a cameo in the 100th episode though.  Since they appear to be re-grounding Arrow I hope if they have Oliver encounter Black Siren they do it on a crossover with the Flash on Flash.

Count me as one of those looking forward to Superhero High.  

Is Prometheus perhaps the alter ego of Tobias Church?  

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Is Prometheus perhaps the alter ego of Tobias Church?  

Nope, Prometheus the archer at the end seems to be the actual big bad according to MG, and SA during the IGN interview said that Church wouldn't actually be the big bad of the season.

• Love 1

I want to take a moment to nod a huge yes to the costume change for season five.  The longer sleeves are a plus, but they also toned down the shoulder pads and the lines/details overall are more fluid.  Last year's version just looked silly.

I was also drawn into the bit of discussion between Oliver and Thea in the preview.  He killed Darhk and seems to be willing to admit he may well have to kill again.  That tension of finding when killing is the answer could make for a very good season. 

• Love 4
(edited)

But Oliver did need Diggle and Felicity as partners. I can understand Felicity being worried about him going out there alone without anyone, not even Diggle or Thea.

As a meta statement though, it's true that Oliver always wanted to fix/recreate the past and Felicity being the one who wants to move into the future.  I like the continuity.

Me too on hoping Paul is safe.  Curtis saying "I never want to feel helpless again" sounds like they were mugged, not that Paul was killed.

2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I know. I'm just like...uh. Okay? LOL. It's seriously not something he hasn't learned already...over 3 seasons.

They love having Oliver reset to previous stupidity.

SA and KC both said they don't know what Oliver told Laurel. But if it's something so obvious, why not just film that scene when they were filming 4x23 instead of going to the trouble and cost to reproduce the set when they're shooting 5x01?

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

But seeing as MG is insistent that she won't be alive in present time, her screentime on Arrow will probably be just flashbacks/hallucinations/dreams. So she probably won't be in that many episodes, but it won't be a surprise to anyone when she does appear. I honestly think she'll appear in maybe six episodes of Arrow, if that. It's not ideal, but I'll take that over KC being in every single episode.

6 episodes is more than 25% of the season.  I get that they want her to reappear but not for that much. Colin Donnell only returned for one episode in s2 and s3.

But more than Laurel being back, I'm really pissed off that Barry's idiocy on The Flash is going to mess with my Arrow show.  I can't deal with everyone on The Flash always propping Barry and telling him how wonderful he is. Any more of that and he risks turning into Donald Trump.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I hated the trailer. S1 Oliver never needed partners in the field. This show just won't let go of the belief that Oliver needs a team of partners.

Wowzers we watched a different show.  What I saw season 1 was Oliver admit while he might have thought he could go it alone, he couldn't and he needed help.  It was a theme and one that was repeated over and over and over in dialogue. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Anyone else a bit confused about what they're gonna do with the team of vigilantes once Thea and Diggle come back full time? That's so many people in the bunker. And we thought it was too many when Laurel was there too. Yikes. 

Edited by Guest
32 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Nope, Prometheus the archer at the end seems to be the actual big bad according to MG, and SA during the IGN interview said that Church wouldn't actually be the big bad of the season.

I knew that. ;) I've read/heard so much today that I forgot some of it. LOL! Thanks for the reminder.

3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Anyone else a bit confused about what they're gonna do with the team of vigilantes once Thea and Diggle come back full time? That's so many people in the bunker. And we thought it was too many when Laurel was there too. Yikes. 

Spin off.

Live action Young Justice.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

They show three recruits, I am guessing one of them will either become a victim of the violence or decide to move on to other doings. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

Spin off.

Live action Young Justice.

Sadly, you may be right.  I am concerned that four nights of superhero tv on one network is oversaturating the market, but I could see tptb tempted to juice the apple more and more.  When you think about all the comic based shows on all the networks and outlets, this could really become too much. 

• Love 1