Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I like Donna and even tho i was kinda against it I'm okay with Donna and Lance as a couple. But I don't like this thing they're doing with Donna apparently replacing Laurel as Quentin's moral compass or whatever because it came out making Donna look annoying and hypocritical in the last few eps. I'm fine with her being the one to leave Noah and even not really telling Felicity but i think she pushed the whole your father left us thing way too much considering it wasn't even true and it made her look bad. I really think telling Noah to leave again and trying to make decisions for her grown up daughter wasn't okay and I hope there's consequences there when Felicity finds out. 

I wanted Donna as a regular before those last few eps but I'm fine with her staying a guest star now tbh. I would prefer more of Noah next season, I liked what we saw in season 4. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I don't mind her leaving Noah because he wasn't going to change, he made that clear when he never tried to contact Felicity until he thought he could use her.  Should she have told Felicity that it was her decision to leave and not Noah's?  In theory yes. In practice, Felicity would have been out looking for him as soon as she could, which given her computer abilities would have been when she was 12.  Could she have handled it and put him into perspective?  Donna apparently thought not.

No that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about when she called him out in the hall after he and Felicity had finished their hacking, and basically told him to get lost, that Felicity didn't need him around.  And then she came back in and when Felicity asked about it she acted like Noah left of his own accord.

I really think telling Noah to leave again and trying to make decisions for her grown up daughter wasn't okay

Yeah this.

Edited by Starfish35
8 hours ago, Angel12d said:

As for BC's statue, I'm expecting Oliver and/or Thea or pretty much any of them to have a few scenes where they go and stand in front of it and wonder what would Laurel do? 

It's 'What would Laura do'. Honestly.

:p

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, looptab said:

It's 'What would Laura do'. Honestly.

:p

Oh, my bad. I forgot! ;P

(edited)
21 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Why are they putting her statue at the end of a freaking pier? 

They're going to sink it or blow it up aren't they? ?

She's now Star City's "Statue of Liberty" and will attract crime-fighting vigilantes from all over the world to come to the city ("If you build it, they will come").

She's now Star City's "lighthouse" that lights the way for everyone to find their way through the darkness, just as her picture (now buried at the base of the statue) lighted the way for Oliver to find his way back home.

She's now Star City's "Black Canary shrine," a pilgrimage destination for BC acolytes and wannabes from all over the world.

She's now Star City's "Defender of the Faith City," a warning to all foreign criminal elements not to come to this city.

The possibilities are endless.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 9
(edited)

"#MayorHandsome"?  Oh please...

I really think they're going to have some play with Oliver being a bachelor mayor and dating around some. Or maybe appearing to date around some.  If so, then it's going back to S1's copying of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, tv echo said:

"#MayorHandsome"?  Oh please...

I really think they're going to have some play with Oliver being a bachelor mayor and dating around some. Or maybe appearing to date around some.  If so, then it's going back to S1's copying of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Eww. And yep.

5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

That got negative quicker than I anticipated, haha. 

On the positive side, I agree there's a decent chance the statue will be blown up or sunk or some such. That'd be a positive, and also hilarious.

• Love 1
(edited)

Looks like they are adding another male character/mask. Maybe, hopefully it's just a casting notice on an already announced character-- have they all been announced yet or are we still waiting on some of them? 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, tarotx said:

We have the more than likely Flashback Jewish casting call guy to be announced? This is probably who BFS means. 

Or whoever that dude was that Poppy made Oliver promise to take down before he snapped her damn neck.

Edited by apinknightmare
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Who's Poppy?

Taiana of the Flashback scuba-instructing and ambiguous slavic accent.

Edited by TrueMyth
One quote box is enough, really.
(edited)
20 minutes ago, tarotx said:

We have the more than likely Flashback Jewish casting call guy to be announced? This is probably who BFS means. 

Pretty sure that's Stardust's character 

Edited by Morrigan2575
18 minutes ago, tarotx said:

They made this character seem recurring and Stardust just a guest star?

I don't think we know he's only a guest, and he's been doing quite a bit of promo for just a guest. But who knows. I don't necessarily mind him getting the gig (if he does) bc he knows SA. Some wrestlers have turned out to be surprisingly good actors. I do hope, though, that he's taken acting lessons since his appearance on Warehouse 13.

19 minutes ago, tarotx said:

They made this character seem recurring and Stardust just a guest star?

Recurring Characters are Guest Stars or Special Guest Stars, etc.

Per SA, StarDust's first episode is 503, means multiple episodes  = Recurring 

1 hour ago, AyChihuahua said:

The one additional mask I'd be okay with is The Question. I really like that character, in both its male and female iterations.

I loved the hell out of that character on Justice League and I wont' lie, I shipped him with Huntress too. They were so amusing together.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Recurring Characters are Guest Stars or Special Guest Stars, etc.

Per SA, StarDust's first episode is 503, means multiple episodes  = Recurring 

I thought first episode was the reporters add on not a direct quote.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I thought first episode was the reporters add on not a direct quote.

I only know whatwas posted here and the several page discussion over it. It was mentioned several times that 503 was his first episode.  Given that Stardust has been living in Vancouver for a week or so now and got some lameass Arrow jacket made for himself. I'm going with he's got more than a one episode deal. But, we'll know soon enough 

Ok. I must be behind on the spoilers. Is there something else that indicates Stardust is this casting besides the use of wrestling in the call sheet? I have been assuming Stardust is just a guest star.  

1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Or whoever that dude was that Poppy made Oliver promise to take down before he snapped her damn neck.

Kovar, who's Red Star in the comics, is a semi-big Teen Titans character, plus I think Brian was the one who made the Kovar mention on Twitter when the episode came out, so I think he might be referring to him, but then he would probably be just a flashback character/villain unless they plan to bring him to the present. Now, if him and Stardust and the flashback character happen to be one in the same I have no idea (but I don't think that he would be referred to as "great actor" in the case). 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

Well, Red Star - Stardust. I can see them thinking that's funny. Maybe that's the Jewish character, and maybe that's who Stardust is playing. Is Kovar Jewish in the comics?

Kovar was a Mother Russia communist... so probably not? I'm not that familiar with him but "Red Star" referred to his communist ties. Even though he's a good guy in the comics, he seems to be a possible villain in the flashbacks since he took over Poppy's hometown, but I'm still not sure. The character breakdown didn't really sound like flashback villain to me, but it could be. To me, Red Star/Kovar in s4 doesn't match to the Jewish character breakdown and possible Kovar ("one of my favorite under the radar DC characters") being described as being played by a "great actor" doesn't match Stardust (even though honestly if Kovar is the flashback villain, Stardust does kind of look like him and would get to be a strongman opposite SA like they probably want)

• Love 2
6 hours ago, tv echo said:

She's now Star City's "Statue of Liberty" and will attract crime-fighting vigilantes from all over the world to come to the city ("If you build it, they will come").

She's now Star City's "lighthouse" that lights the way for everyone to find their way through the darkness, just as her picture (now buried at the base of the statue) lighted the way for Oliver to find his way back home.

She's now Star City's "Black Canary shrine," a pilgrimage destination for BC acolytes and wannabes from all over the world.

She's now Star City's "Defender of the Faith City," a warning to all foreign criminal elements not to come to this city.

The possibilities are endless.

Please don't compare Laurel's statue to The Statue of Liberty.
For many of us Liberty is a source of real hope for shelter and freedom, the ideal that you can dream and make happen a better life for yourself no matter your race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, where you were born and so forth.

compering that magnificent statue, and everything she represents to hundreds of millions (hack probably billions by now), to Laurel's statue is, n my opinion, a dishonor to Madam Liberty.

4 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Kovar was a Mother Russia communist... so probably not? I'm not that familiar with him but "Red Star" referred to his communist ties. Even though he's a good guy in the comics, he seems to be a possible villain in the flashbacks since he took over Poppy's hometown, but I'm still not sure. The character breakdown didn't really sound like flashback villain to me, but it could be. To me, Red Star/Kovar in s4 doesn't match to the Jewish character breakdown and possible Kovar ("one of my favorite under the radar DC characters") being described as being played by a "great actor" doesn't match Stardust (even though honestly if Kovar is the flashback villain, Stardust does kind of look like him and would get to be a strongman opposite SA like they probably want)

Yeah, I looked him up on Wikipedia, and it looks like he's pretty much always a hero. I can definitely see them just using the name and making him a villain, and also casting Stardust for the reasons you listed and bc I think they'd think it's funny. The great actor thing definitely doesn't seem to match him, but it seems that they are interested in playing up Stardust's presence, I guess to get the WWE crowd to take a look, so they could have thrown that bone in to play him up.

If they do it, I don't have a problem with it. I loved Dave Bautista in GotG and I adore The Rock. There've been several other wrestlers to make the transition into acting, and mostly they're quasi-competent. The showmanship and choreography seem to translate. I don't even have a problem with him getting the gig bc of knowing SA, bc that's Hollywood, and if they're doing it for the WWE crowd, that's a rational decision.

Do we have any inkling of who Stardust is playing? Maybe Kovar is not the Jewish guy, but is Stardust, or vice versa.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

Do we have any inkling of who Stardust is playing? Maybe Kovar is not the Jewish guy, but is Stardust, or vice versa.

Honestly, now I'm thinking that he might be flashback villain Kovar who would not be the Jewish character, if these are the choices, other than saying that Stardust is just playing a whatever new person. I definitely think that the character that Brian is referring to is Kovar, regardless of if Stardust is playing him or not.

12 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Honestly, now I'm thinking that he might be flashback villain Kovar who would not be the Jewish character, if these are the choices, other than saying that Stardust is just playing a whatever new person. I definitely think that the character that Brian is referring to is Kovar, regardless of if Stardust is playing him or not.

I think the casting for the Jewish guy said something about wrestling, so that's why people thought he was a likely fit for Stardust. I think he's going to play one or the other, anyway.

I don't think Cody Rhodes will be playing "Derek Zaba."  I think he's appearing in one episode, with the option for future, yet-to-be scheduled appearances.  The Derek Zaba role sounds like a role with some acting substance and one that would be entrusted to a more experienced actor.  But I could be wrong...

-- S5 will introduce the recurring character of Derek Zaba, a man of fierce intelligence whose wit and humor belie a person wrestling with deep-seated demons. Derek looks to his Jewish faith to ground himself, having been raised in a devout family, and while usually kind and well-meaning, he also can come off as a physical threat. (Jun. 16, 2016 TVLine article, page 38 of Spoilers thread)

-- At HVFF-NY (on Jul. 2, 2016), SA said that Cody Rhodes will guest star in 503, and Rhodes said that we can probably expect him and SA to get into another fight. (TVLine tweet & article, SA tweet, CRhodes tweet, and Video of SA & Cody Rhodes panel at HVFF-NY, page 39 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Jul. 9, 2016, Cody Rhodes tweeted pic of himself wearing a jacket with the following on its back: "Season 6 ARROW TEAM RHODES 'Destroy Queen'." (CRhodes tweet, page 439 of Social Media thread)

• Love 1

Ha, "wrestling" with demons! I totally misremembered that one.

Definitely doesn't sound like something Stardust could/should play.

He probably is just a one-off, but he's awfully enthusiastic for that.

Apologies for the "Statue of Liberty" reference.  No offense meant.  Just a sarcastic joke intended to highlight the ludicrousness of that Laurel statue meaning anything whatsoever.

(edited)
1 hour ago, AyChihuahua said:

So Stardust being at the panel increases the chances that he's not just Goon #1 in one episode, yes?

I'm not sure. But he did say that the big fight between his character and Oliver was in episode 503.  I don't know if we knew that already or not?  Anyway, he said he wasn't allowed to say anything else.

Edited by Starfish35

It doesn't make sense. It would have to impact everyone, right? I DON'T LIKE THIS. GO AWAY.

(edited)

Can't Barry just fuck up the lives of the people in his general vicinity and leave Star City alone? 

I'm super confused by this, though. Are we in some Flashpoint paradox where Oliver is still the mayor, Laurel is still dead, Curtis is still on track to become Mr. Terrific, and Oliver was shipwrecked and in the Bratva and created a vengeful dude while he was the Hood who's out to get him this season? Or are we in for some weirdness for an ep and then it goes back to normal? It doesn't make any sense. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 8

I kind of want to know the way he said it. Like, I just saw two other twitters saying "DR said Flash will definitely affect Arrow this season" and another that said "DR says paradox will majorly affect Diggle's storyline and Arrow s5" which is the same mess that went over after SA's comment. I'm not saying he didn't confirm it or anything (TV Guide saying "will play" seems pretty definitive) , but I was getting annoyed with press, some purposefully, misinterpreting SA's comments and don't want them to do the same with DR. Plus, how does it "play into s5" but only "may" affect Diggle's story? Shouldn't it be an all or none thing?