Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

The credits for the pics on the CW PR site say "Gabriella Wright as Esrin Fortuna".

I wonder if they wanted Zatanna and DC said LOLNO, so they went low budget.

I'm imagining that she's going to be like Isabella Rossellini's character in Death Becomes Her. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Bless folks who actually look at the screen during the flashbacks. It's most definitely the Lian Yu magic cave:

Props to everyone who guessed Oliver and Felicity were going back to the island.

edit: oh, hey, embedded tweets. Awww.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 1

Glen Winter might have shown up early to prep for 422 and took the picture.  The formal wear is probably required before entering the magical domain/temple.   You wouldn't want to offend the gods would you?  Ms. Fortuna isn't shabbily dressed either.  People were speculating they would go to Lian Yu to find a magical solution.  Looks like it wasn't necessary. I wonder if this ties into the "I thought of you" scene?  

ETA: Or maybe it is on Lian Yu but they needed someone to show them how the magic works?

Edited by Sunshine
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Can it be next week already? I need to find out why they're all dressed up in a cave on Lian Yu, haha.

I know, right? How did they know to pack fancy party clothes? Why does the cave require fancy party clothes? Neither Indiana Jones, Lara Croft, nor Nathan Drake wear fancy party clothes when dealing with mystical objects in caves. I have soooo many questions.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, calliope1975 said:

I know, right? How did they know to pack fancy party clothes? Why does the cave require fancy party clothes? Neither Indiana Jones, Lara Croft, nor Nathan Drake wear fancy party clothes when dealing with mystical objects in caves. I have soooo many questions.

Obviously the invitation to go to Lian Yu specifically said that the dress code is formal. Duh :p

• Love 4

Why the Hell are they wearing fancy clothing on Lian Yu??  There has to be time travel involved. Did Barry do something? Is there a magic portal fork that drops them by Lian Yu on the way to Nanda Parbat?

Maybe Ms. Fortuna is a crony of Constantine and she "transports" them to get an idol similar to Constantine taking Oliver & Laurel to rescue Sara?  This idol is white.  Damien's is black right? Good vs Evil?

Oliver & Laurel were not in costume in the cave but they were at the Lazarus Pit.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 3
Just now, Angel12d said:

LOL has that idol just been chilling in that cave this whole time? 

Probably behind a magical field only the good/noble can penetrate.  Maybe Oliver's tattoo comes into play again. ;-) 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Sometimes,  I just can't with this show...deserted island my ass

Isn't Boomerang there as well? Remember when Digg and Felicity had to parachute to get to the island? With the amount of traffic this place gets, I'm sure there's a sizable infrastructure there somewhere - grocery store, formal wear shop, Walmart.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Well, they must have a lot of time on their hands. Maybe that's their new hobby? LOL.

Cellblock makeovers, Staring Deathstroke (Orange is totally the New Black) and Captain Boomerang (Leather trench coats, never go out of Style). Totally a Reality TV Show waiting to happen.

• Love 5

I'm assuming the only reason O/F go to the island together is so Oliver can start to be more open about things. Confide in her about his time there or something. Otherwise the whole team could have gone. Unless the fracturing of the team starts at the end of 419.

But the whole dressing fancy while on Lian Yu is gonna make me LOL. I'm rolling my eyes already!

Yes, I think that's the same episode, which is weird in itself. I would have thought the team would be 'all hands on deck' kinda thing after Laurel died and wanting to get DD. But apparently it's vacay time!

• Love 2

Man, you guys are so harsh. I know that when I travel to evil islands covered in land mines, mutated skeletons, forgotten Chinese prisons, fake looking idols and a candle selection that would put Pier One Imports to shame, I always want to be in formal wear.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I really hope that dialogue tease isn't Felicity  (although i fear it is).  I don't think i will like it.

I'm pretty convinced it's her to Diggle and I don't find it objectionable. But then, I didn't find much wrong with the way she was portrazed in 406 either. 

PB and KL are brutal in their scene together. And look, Nyssa and Oliver sort of take a united front on the Lance issue. 

I almost whooped when Dig clocked Mrs Evil. I get Oliver's point that she's in the public eye, but good on Dig. The producer's preview makes it look like it's OTA there when Dig airs his guilt. I like that. It could be a start of Oliver and Felicity being on the same side again.

So, is Diggle going to kill Andy? And thank God Diggle is without his mask in the poster... 

Does Felicity's face look weird in the poster, or is it just me? 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Is that...is that an OTA poster? Is this real life? What's happening?

I'm scared. 

I am actually becoming more and more concerned about Diggle. I feel like they are putting him out front to give him his day in the sun...and then BOOM...kill him :(. I'm really scared.

4 minutes ago, Belinea said:

So, is Diggle going to kill Andy? And thank God Diggle is without his mask in the poster... 

It's not just you. Her right eye is either half closed or there's a shadow over it making it feel that way. I DON'T EVEN CARE. We got an OTA poster and with Dig in the middle because he's hurt and lost and his buddies are there supporting him and having his back.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Not just you. There's some weird angles going on that make her look older. Photoshop fail.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I am actually becoming more and more concerned about Diggle. I feel like they are putting him out front to give him his day in the sun...and then BOOM...kill him :(. I'm really scared.

I was joking about being scared tbh. It just surprised me that we got an OTA poster when we've had nothing, not even crumbs, for years. It's definitely unusual. 

Just now, Angel12d said:

I was joking about being scared tbh. It just surprised me that we got an OTA poster when we've had nothing, not even crumbs, for years. It's definitely unusual. 

Oh I knew you were joking. But I'm not. I've been worried about Diggle all season. Yeah we know Laurel died but I fear he's gonna go to :(

2 minutes ago, Tallis said:

Not just you. There's some weird angles going on that make her look older. Photoshop fail.

To me it's her hair that makes her look a bit older.

19 hours ago, AyChihuahua said:

I'm guessing they're mystically transported in the middle of some fancy-dress party. What fancy dress party I have no clue.

18 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Maybe Ms. Fortuna is a crony of Constantine and she "transports" them to get an idol similar to Constantine taking Oliver & Laurel to rescue Sara?  This idol is white.  Damien's is black right? Good vs Evil?

Oliver & Laurel were not in costume in the cave but they were at the Lazarus Pit.

18 hours ago, Angel12d said:

But the whole dressing fancy while on Lian Yu is gonna make me LOL. I'm rolling my eyes already!

That's what I think. Either they are at a party and get somehow transported there - or have a vision - or they are on Lian Yu and for some reason they get fancy dresses in this vision. Which, BTW, I'm leaning on it being a Oliver- vision, in which his mind conjures her. And then there's that "I thought of you" scene. :D

2 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

Oh, you think Felicity won't actually be there? I hope she is, because her being there, hopefully with his consent/by his choice, is to me a sign of growth on his part.

It was that dialogue that got me thinking that, but I like both the ideas honestly :) The only thing I feel sure about is that it's a vision :)

• Love 1

A lot of comments about the 4.20 pictures think the women with Olicity will be Arrow's version of Madame Xanadu. I guess because of the costume because the names aren't even close. The only reason I bring this up is that the comment sections were right with Legends Chronos being Mick. 

They also think baby BC will be Starling. 

Do you all think there is a chance Evelyn will be connected to Anarky? I don't know why I'm thinking this but she seems to fit into his type of player. If so I'm wanting Thea to join them and they can be baby team Arrow 2.0. Having 2 teams instead of one seems the best option even with Laurel dead. That way team 2.0 can be off screen a good chuck of the time but they would still believable be present if needed. 

Edited by tarotx

Oh dear lord no. The only time that a "baby Team Arrow" would have worked would have been with Roy, Thea, and Sin. Those actors worked well off each other and were all interesting to watch.

Baby BC is not interesting to me and I didn't find the actress particularly good. I don't want her back any more than I must have her - and I sure as heck don't want her on Legends so I hope that never comes into play. I'll happily accept Vixen if this is the alternative. 

Also, with Curtis being made into a regular for next season, I think the cast is full enough.

• Love 5

Ok, having seen the promo, I think I know why Arrow was so intent on emphasizing the whole OOOH LAUREL AND OLIVER ARE SO IN LOVE stuff, no matter how that affected season two in retrospect - they want us to believe that Oliver genuinely will go to any lengths to avenge her, as he would for, say, Thea or Felicity.

Except for two problems here: 1) Oliver's major response to Laurel's YAY WE'RE GOING TO BE SO HAPPY was to flee to an island covered in land mines, mutated skeletons, forgotten Chinese prisons and evil islands, without, as far as I've been able to tell, any adequate bathroom facilities, which does not exactly speak highly of the depths of this love, and 2) this episode JUST reminded us that Darhk has been conducting medical experiments on ACTUAL HUMANS and killing them in gas chambers. Surely that sort of thing should be enough to inspire Oliver to do whatever it takes to take Darhk down? 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, nksarmi said:

Oh dear lord no. The only time that a "baby Team Arrow" would have worked would have been with Roy, Thea, and Sin. Those actors worked well off each other and were all interesting to watch.

Baby BC is not interesting to me and I didn't find the actress particularly good. I don't want her back any more than I must have her - and I sure as heck don't want her on Legends so I hope that never comes into play. I'll happily accept Vixen if this is the alternative. 

Also, with Curtis being made into a regular for next season, I think the cast is full enough.

I liked Thea,Sin and Roy. And I like Thea and Anarky. I think they could be interesting. Baby BC was OK for me. Just as OK as Vixen. And nearly anyone would be better than Hawk girl and Ray. I don't want any more Mask. I just feel like we will be getting them. Evelyn seems like the kind of character who would be attracted to the Anarky message and we saw the Anarky symbol in the on set pictures. And we know a BC is there as well so and thoughts popped into my head.

I don't think the O/L flashbacks/love stuff was to show Oliver would go to any lengths to avenge her. I think he would go to those lengths for anyone on the team. He just wants to get DD now. I honestly think those messy O/L flashbacks were the writers trying to tie up lose ends and they failed epically.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, nksarmi said:

Also, Anarky is a bad guy. Like a really, really, really bad guy, who murdered all those cops guarding the mayor's daughter and tortured her...plus got all creepy/rapey with her. He's not gray, he's EVIL.

• Love 3