Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

IF Malcolm should die I could see O/F being at Rebecca Merlyn's grave. Her unfortunate death was the catalyst for all the evil perpetrated by MM for the last 9 years. It had a profound effect on the Queen family. You could say an end of an era.

• Love 1

I don't really see them going to Rebecca's grave specifically. I do think it's possible that Malcolm is once again presumably dead, they go to the graveyard to visit Laurel's/Tommy's/(Moira's) grave and then they see fresh flowers on Rebecca's. Dun dun DUN.

By the way, was it specified where Moira was buried? Was it on the estate where Oliver's and Robert's headstones were or in the town cemetary? All I remember from her funeral are the attendees.

• Love 1

Yeah, but they cleared their stuff out shortly after. I think the only reason there were headstones at the manor was because there weren't any bodies to go along with them. I don't think they would've actually buried Robert or Oliver on their land.

• Love 1

In most states it's not legal to bury someone outside a cemetery. Ashes, yes, an actual corpse, especially an embalmed corpse, no.

Not that this show makes sense, but I always figured they had headstones at the manor just as a reminder, but that yeah, even if they had their bodies they wouldn't have been buried there.

• Love 1

Posting this here because it doesn't add to our spoilers knowledge, but her appearance in 419 is itself a spoiler...

Madison McLaughlin ‏@MadisonMcLaugh
Three words: it's a secret
LEO FONSECA @Leoclara
@MadisonMcLaugh Hi Madson! welcome to the world of arrow! You can tell the arrow fans in 3 words to define your character ??Good Luck!!
2:45 PM - 19 Apr 2016

https://twitter.com/MadisonMcLaugh/status/722541647611887616

Edited by tv echo

I'm pretty sure Moira is buried in the cemetery. Wasn't there an episode in s3 where Laurel visited Sara's grave late one night and Thea was there too, and she said she was putting flowers on her mom's grave? That's the episode when Laurel told Thea that Sara had died and asked her not to tell Oliver.

Edited by Guest

The scene at Moira's gravesite looked like it was in a cemetery. Unless the Queens are such old money that they have their own private one, or the grounds at Queen Manor really were that big..

Rebecca Merlyn 1964 - 1993: so she finished med school, got married, had Tommy when she was 21 and started the Glades clinic all by the time she died at 29. I feel so unaccomplished.

I don't really see them going to Rebecca's grave specifically. I do think it's possible that Malcolm is once again presumably dead, they go to the graveyard to visit Laurel's/Tommy's/(Moira's) grave and then they see fresh flowers on Rebecca's. Dun dun DUN.

Thus setting up season 6's Big Bad. (I would have said s5 but I want next season's Big Bad to be Bratva to parallel the flashbacks.

• Love 2

The scene at Moira's gravesite looked like it was in a cemetery. Unless the Queens are such old money that they have their own private one, or the grounds at Queen Manor really were that big..

Rebecca Merlyn 1964 - 1993: so she finished med school, got married, had Tommy when she was 21 and started the Glades clinic all by the time she died at 29. I feel so unaccomplished.

Thus setting up season 6's Big Bad. (I would have said s5 but I want next season's Big Bad to be Bratva to parallel the flashbacks.

Well she was probably wealthy or at least married to wealth so I assume like the Queens she had a nanny or five taking care of Tommy while she did homework and worked, also they only had one kid, while hard it's not impossible. And we also don't know if she was a full fledge doctor, she may have still doing her residency (ie started college slightly later) when she was killed.

In my country we tend to go to college in our mid-late 20's many get married and have their first kid before they even finished their undergrad degree.

'Arrow': David Ramsey On How Diggle Is Handling Laurel's Death

http://www.accesshollywood.com/articles/arrow-david-ramsey-how-diggle-handling-laurels-death/#lcOYmSRDjsSLG8Jr.99

"Post-traumatic stress syndrome has happened to the whole team after Laurel's death. He's no exception, and so we're seeing a Diggle that we've never seen before," David told Access Hollywood. "What has happened to his brother – the betrayal, the not-death, the H.I.V.E., the not quite H.I.V.E. – he is on an emotional tailspin, his wife now a part of this organization, ARGUS, which clearly has its own agenda that he's never really fully agreed with, so I think we're looking at a Diggle who… this is a nuts and bolts kind of guy. And there was a great line that Lyla had during the Suicide Squad episode of Season 2. … She [said] very clearly, 'You see the world in black and white, and the world is much more complicated,' and I think that's always been his Achilles heel … The same thing that makes Diggle strong in that he sees it black and white and therefore he's honorable and super loyal and he will take the grenade, is the same thing that is his Achilles heel. He can't really wrap his head around the gray areas. ... You're going to see a Diggle who has to deal with the gray and because of that, he is fractured and he is willing to do things that you never would have thought him to do."

"There has been some damage done, but not like last season, I don't think. I think this one is much more – this is Diggle's brother, the brother he thought was dead and Diggle has aligned himself with a new brother – with Oliver – and the reemergence of his blood brother, so to speak. I think that just took him for a spin that he didn't really quite anticipate," David said.

The CW's episode description for "Canary Cry" hints that Quentin Lance (Paul Blackthorne) will turn to Nyssa al Ghul (Katrina Law) to try and help bring his daughter back (his first daughter, Sara, came back to life when Laurel took her to the Lazarus Pit, which seemingly has now been destroyed). Despite his own grief, Diggle won't attempt to join that quest.

"I think what he would do is what most soldiers would do, which would be honor her in his actions," David said. "Sara – he named his child in homage to the Canary, and I think maybe we might see some of that soon, in terms of how he would honor her. Maybe he has a piece of her weaponry with him, I really don't know yet, but I think that would be Diggle's position more so than, 'Let's cheat death and find a way to bring the soldier back. 'I think the most honorable thing for him would be to accept her in death and honor her in death."

But, the "Arrow" Season 4 death secret, which was introduced at the beginning of the season, meant there was additional attention as they filmed the funeral.

"We would hear, 'He's over there in the trees,' or 'Tell him to move.' We would hear that from [assistant directors] so that would certainly jolt us out of our moment because paparazzi [were] all around, just trying to get a glimpse of what was happening. So, the realism of the industry was prevalent in that moment," he added. "So, though it was sad, we had enough bolts of reality to just kind of take us out of that scene. So I really think just in terms of genuine emotion throughout the night, throughout every moment of every frame that you see, was really the death scene."

Katie recently revealed that the very last scene she shot in her character's death episode, was a reshoot of Laurel getting stabbed with an arrow after Damien Dahrk got his magic back. David was there for that moment when they called a series wrap on the actress, which turned into a hug-fest.

"It's exactly what you might think of any co-worker in any job and you love the co-worker and the co-worker had to leave for whatever reason. So, sure, there were a lot hugs, lots of 'Let's go out,' lots of 'Call you later,' lot of 'You'll be coming back, we'll be seeing you soon.' All that stuff was happening," he said making a reference to Katie's work in the Arrowverse, which includes an upcoming appearance in "The Flash" as Earth 2's Laurel Lance, and flashback scenes in this week's episode.

"In this universe, you never know. I know the producers have put whatever stamp they put on it, but if the show is blessed is to run a fraction as long as let's say another CW show like 'Supernatural,' then you never know what can happen in this universe, particularly in our universe where people can run faster than light, there's time travel and things like that. So, that was some of the conversation, but it was mostly 'Hate to see you go,' 'Sorry to see you go,' 'Love you,'" he added.

• Love 3

Umm isn't

So, sure, there were a lot hugs, lots of 'Let's go out,' lots of 'Call you later,' lot of 'You'll be coming back, we'll be seeing you soon.' All that stuff was happening,"...

...but it was mostly 'Hate to see you go,' 'Sorry to see you go,' 'Love you,'" he added.

American cultural subtext for "see yea, wouldn't wanna be yea, not gonna miss yea"?

Or something to that extent?

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 2

In my country we tend to go to college in our mid-late 20's many get married and have their first kid before they even finished their undergrad degree.

In the US, medical school is after undergrad so she would have got married and had Tommy before she started med school in which I really feel sorry for him because he would have been raised by nannies, given her time commitments and Malcolm as a father

I remember that one of the big myths of grad school was that you can have your baby and write your papers and dissertation while it sleeps. Hahahaha.

if the show is blessed is to run a fraction as long as let's say another CW show like 'Supernatural

Uh, David, it already is a fraction of Supernatural's run, actually 5/12 ths of it to be precise (or almost 1/2). Is mathlexia catching on the Arrow set? Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

Oh, David, you're so Hollywood, LOL!

I'm still thinking the "surprising place" for Oliver/Felicity is either they get re-engaged OR they actually tie the knot. How many witnesses are needed for a civil ceremony? This could be why Charlotte is filming with SA and EBR today. Of course, a wedding now would take away the chance for a big wedding hoopla and shenanigans in 508, that's why I think finale nuptials are unlikely. The "surprising" mention is not really for us, who follow every single spoiler out there. It's more for the general audience, I think, and Felicity and Oliver getting back together and getting engaged would be surprising enough, I guess, after all the "it's over" declarations from a few eps ago. "Surprise," it's NOT over :)

(edited)

Uh, David, it already is a fraction of Supernatural's run, actually 5/12 ths of it to be precise (or almost 1/2). Is mathlexia catching on the Arrow set?

Math Hard for Actors!  LOL

Edited by Morrigan2575

Clearly, there is only one gravestone manufacturer in Star(ling) City...

Oliver Queen

tumblr_o5xaxokdKf1s239dso1_250.png960.jpg

Sara Lance (notice how her grave appears to have changed location?)
tumblr_o5xaxokdKf1s239dso2_250.png
Arrow-season-3-Sara-Lance-grave.jpg

Tommy Merlyn
tumblr_inline_o39os2xtvo1r3krg5_1280.png

Laurel Lance
arrowgravereveal.jpg

Rebecca Merlyn

CgdI93-UUAAoGOp.jpg

Also...

4 Graves on Lian Yu - Robert Queen, Yao Fei, Shado and maybe Taiana?
d5ChnT7.png

Edited by tv echo

I'm starting to think Island Oliver's hair/beard were fake. At first I didn't see how he could do that successfully, but really, if he just asked for scissors/a razor from the fishermen and went into the fishing boat's bathroom, came out with a bag of hair and tossed it in the ocean, no one would know whether the hair had actually been attached.

Or the showrunners are just silly and think he could get to that caveman state in a week.

• Love 3

That theory has been around for a while. Maybe he starts growing them in Russia. Winters can be harsh. I don't really care that much about it anymore, but I've always liked the wig from the pilot.

• Love 1

That theory has been around for a while. Maybe he starts growing them in Russia. Winters can be harsh. I don't really care that much about it anymore, but I've always liked the wig from the pilot.

I don't think I care, exactly, but the plot holes are getting holier and holier and harder to ignore, which makes it harder to suspend disbelief on everything about the show. I mean if they had just given me SOMETHING re putting that idol back together...even something stupid, but lord, SOMETHING. I have zero idea why they did that. It makes absolutely no sense at all and they gave me nothing.

• Love 2

Yeah, when they made him cut the hair this season my first thought was that his castaway hair/beard are fake. And all because they wanted Steve to look pretty to balance how lame the FBs were, haha

IIRC that was SA's idea. Guess he got tired of the stupid wig.

Wasn't there an interview a few months ago where it was stated we would learn more about Rebecca Merlyn and that she wasn't necessarily the saintly person Malcolm made her out to be? Or did I make that up? I remember reading it and wondering if Ruve Adams was really Rebecca Merlyn, but I guess that wouldn't really make sense at this point, unless she's had a Soap Opera-esque appearance change. I'm wondering if these last few episodes will reveal the source of Ruve's need to kill everyone. 

Did they ever actually intend to do anything with the actor who played Thea's love interest/the campaign manager? It seems like he was really just wallpaper all season and not at all a well-utilized character, and like he basically also has nothing coming up. I'm also confused as to why Jeri Ryan came on for what ended up being a not-very-exciting smallish part that also seems to be over and done with. Sometimes I wonder how much gets changed as the season progresses that makes previous casting/plot decisions basically obsolete. 

Last year the EPs had said that Thea's story this season would include a conflict between being a vigilante and wanting a normal life with a normal boyfriend.  I suspect that that conflict will be raised and resolved in one episode - 420 - when Alex takes Thea on a vacation "that quickly turns into a nightmare".

Last year the EPs had said that Laurel's story this season would include a conflict between being a vigilante and being an ADA.  That conflict was raised and resolved in one episode - 418.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

So do we think that maybe the season will end (ie before the cavernous space) with a parallel or mimic the Laurel and Oliver Tommy's grave scene from 2x01 but with Oliver and Felicity will holding hands?

I'm just thinking... why is it just them in the graveyard (well them and Donna)?

bringing this over from the spoilers page on Legends of Tomorrow:
The TVLine May sweeps scorecard.
http://tvline.com/2016/04/06/may-sweeps-scorecard-2016-spoilers-deaths/

Number of characters giving birth:  3
Number of couples having sex, kissing or saying “I Love You” for the first time: 4
Number of new pregnancies: 3
Number of weddings: 3
Number of couples reuniting: 5
Number of fatalities: 17
Number of breakups/divorces: 7
Number of possible fatalities*: 11
Number of characters leaving town: 6
Number of resurrections and/or big returns: 10
Number of onscreen firings/resignations/major job changes: 17
Number of engagements/question poppings: 2
Number of time warps/jump: 1
Number of cliffhangers involving witness protection: 1

So where do we think Arrow fits?

I'm thinking Arrow may be one of the reuniting/popping but I hope not not for real.

I think Arrow- Lance, is one of the job changes, or with Donna leaving town after getting engaged or married.

By the way, I know the episode aired but, I just realized that Laurel's death was not done during the May sweeps!

Edited by foreverevolving

So SA, EBR, her stunt double, CR and the crew were all in the loft. And SA had Oliver's GA undershirt on. I'm guessing something big goes down at the loft. Signs point to Donna finding out about GA then. Also of note are the fact that Felicity and Donna are in the loft, and that EBR is in the outfit in which she spends the majority of the last few episodes. If she wasn't, I'd think the kidnapping over the hiatus theory was taking traction, but obviously, whatever happens there is dealt with since she changes later on to go to the cemetary.

So Donna finds out and Lance takes her away to come to terms with it?

• Love 1

So SA, EBR, her stunt double, CR and the crew were all in the loft. And SA had Oliver's GA undershirt on. I'm guessing something big goes down at the loft. Signs point to Donna finding out about GA then. Also of note are the fact that Felicity and Donna are in the loft, and that EBR is in the outfit in which she spends the majority of the last few episodes. If she wasn't, I'd think the kidnapping over the hiatus theory was taking traction, but obviously, whatever happens there is dealt with since she changes later on to go to the cemetary.

So Donna finds out and Lance takes her away to come to terms with it?

Thanks.  When I first saw CR's video her shirt looked yellow so I thought it was another outfit.  However, the OTA Pic was definitely the same white shirt she's worn for most of 422-423 filming.  

Looking at the final team/night pic when they were wrapped for S4 it looks like EBR/Felicity is wearing a different shirt.  Do we think that's EBR's outfit and she had already wrapped and changed or did EBR get a wardrobe change for Felicity?

Looking at the final team/night pic when they were wrapped for S4 it looks like EBR/Felicity is wearing a different shirt.  Do we think that's EBR's outfit and she had already wrapped and changed or did EBR get a wardrobe change for Felicity?

I was wondering about it as well. I'm starting to think it's her own clothes since SA and WH are in their suits. Otherwise I would think it was something she had on under the red coat in the cemetary, but I think they finished filming those scenes earlier.

bringing this over from the spoilers page on Legends of Tomorrow:

The TVLine May sweeps scorecard.http://tvline.com/2016/04/06/may-sweeps-scorecard-2016-spoilers-deaths/

So where do we think Arrow fits?

I'm thinking Arrow may be one of the reuniting/popping but I hope not not for real.

I think Arrow- Lance, is one of the job changes, or with Donna leaving town after getting engaged or married.

By the way, I know the episode aired but, I just realized that Laurel's death was not done during the May sweeps!

I think Arrow will have a Romantic Reunion, Job change for Lance, Death of Damien Darhk, Cooper,Hopefully Malcolm and Maybe Paul(Curtis husband), Diggle Leaving Town after Killing Andy OR to hunt him down POSSIBLY Felicity leaving town or Dissapearing thanks to her dad Edited by jay741982
  • Love 2

Due to wardrobe changes, indicating that Felicity is fine after being in some sort of danger, I'm almost positive she won't disappear in any way. I mean, they can still sverve, like they did with 409, or with Laurel in 418. For some reason, I really doubt it.

• Love 1

I'd rather have Oliver kidnapped than Felicity.

Is the kidnapping thing based solely on the belief that they need to separate Olicity for the summer? It's such a popular theory but i see nothing to support it right now.

Things that this day has me looking forward to: Donna finding out about the Team and possibly Felicity involved in stunts.

Was NM filming yesterday? All these days are bleeding together.

• Love 3

Is the kidnapping thing based solely on the belief that they need to separate Olicity for the summer? It's such a popular theory but i see nothing to support it right now.

Yes. And I think it's partly based on the fact that Felicity's dad is back in the final two episodes. But, since it seems like he's part of the group of criminals who bust out of Iron Heights with Damien Darhk and not back for his own reason, it's kind of difficult to get a read on what that's about.

Things that this day has me looking forward to: Donna finding out about the Team and possibly Felicity involved in stunts.

Was NM filming yesterday? All these days are bleeding together.

Yes, he filmed yesterday. CR and EK both had him in their snaps. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

The kidnapping theory is just one of those thing that takes on a life of it's own. It's pure speculation so far.

Yes, NM was filming yesterday. He was in both CR's and EK's snapchats they took during the day.

Felicity definitely has stunts at the loft. Why else would the stunt double be there in the same outfit?

• Love 1

Yeah, it doesn't seem likely now.  But there's always end of next season!  Lol. 

I find it interesting that Felicity is back at the loft since she already moved out, why would she be there I wonder, and also Donna with her?

I'd read more into it if the show wasn't always desperate for locations.  There could be a hundred "reasons" why she ends up back at the loft that won't mean a thing.