Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Did he say it was an Olicity scene or did he say it was a Felicity scene? I recall him saying it was a Felicity scene... hmm

Well, Someone asked MG on Tumblr when Oliver realized he loved Felicity or something like that and he said he'd be interested in what Olicity fans would think of 3x14 (or something along those lines), so I assume some feelings will be talked about in the ep.

What's funny is that Arrow Season 2.5 #13 sort of showed us when Oliver realized he fell in love with Felicity. It was after the whole Slade debacle, it gave Oliver a new perspective on his relationship with Felicity. I wish we saw this development on screen.

• Love 6

He also said earlier that he thought the Olicity in 3x14 would break twitter.  It's interesting how he's pulling back farther and farther on how positive he thinks the fan reaction will be.  Hopefully the last three episodes have been a reality check for him, from the 'Laurel pretending to be Sara' in 311 to the Laurel/Felicity scene in 313 that we were all going to love.

Yeah he said the Olicity would put a smile on our face

Did he say it was an Olicity scene or did he say it was a Felicity scene? I recall him saying it was a Felicity scene... hmm

What's funny is that Arrow Season 2.5 #13 sort of showed us when Oliver realized he fell in love with Felicity. It was after the whole Slade debacle, it gave Oliver a new perspective on his relationship with Felicity. I wish we saw this development on screen.

I'm laughing hard at that scene in the #13 2.5 because doesn't that just throw the question of whether Oliver was lying to Felicity in the mansion scene back onto the table?

MG unable to follow past plots and be consistent since 2012

I'm laughing hard at that scene in the #13 2.5 because doesn't that just throw the question of whether Oliver was lying to Felicity in the mansion scene back onto the table?

Not necessarily - he did say "that business with Slade," which could mean since Slade burst on the scene and Felicity gave him pep talk after pep talk and inspired him to keep fighting. He didn't fix it to a particular moment, so technically the moment in the mansion could've absolutely been true. 

• Love 1

IDK I could fanwank that Oliver said "I love you" to Felicity intent on it being a lie, but as soon as he said it, he was surprised by how true the words were. But I agree with @apinknightmare, 'that business with Slade' could easily be inclusive of everything that happened in the final 3 episodes. 

• Love 1

I'm not sure if we ever got an answer to the mansion, I dont have time to review tones of posts either, that are probably either media strategy or mg just having fun. What i will say as someone who is an avid tv watcher & have professionally studied the human condition. What Oliver said in the mansion was not a lie or a manipulation. I do not think he ever intended to actually say it. They way his head shakes and his facial expressions to me all indicate that it was an accidental slip, which is why it took him all summer to really understand that he meant it. Its also why he was so happy to declare it in the winter finale, because I think he had finally worked it out in his head that he does truly love her, which for OQ is a lot. I also think it was such a gradual thing that the writers probably have no idea when it actually happened even if they wanted to write it. Its very similar to pride & prejudice or many great love stories, where the protagonists are too far in love before they ever even realize they started falling. So I think not knowing the exact moment does not diminish OQs love, it just makes it that deeper. Also mg will never really answer that question cuz it tantalizes the audience too much. The writers aren't gonna let us in on every tidbit of story or spoiler, it ruins all the fun. Edited by kismet
  • Love 5

Damn, that Asia promo is really spoilery. Shouldn't they keep some things for the episode?!

"I will be your soldier but never again will I be your daughter."

The idea that Malcolm wants Oliver and Thea as some kind of 'army' for his own cause makes me think this is all going to backfire on them. I hope it does because I want no part of a redemption arc for that tool.

If you think about it, I don't think the writers are going the redemption arc for Malcolm because then the writers will be writing themselves into a corner regarding that character. What good will Malcolm be if he's actually good? Because everything that makes him different on the show, is what Malcolm will lose if they redeem him. I think the sob story was a sort of red herring in order to make the audience sympathize with him. And then just when we think that he's good, the writers are going to make Malcolm screw over Oliver. This makes me think that he'll be the big bad for season 4. 

• Love 4

I actually hope Malcolm is the big bad for this season because as much as I love Barrowman, I've had enough of Malcolm now. Everything is his fault anyway. 

I've had enough of Malcolm too and I'm barely watching. Are people actually buying the redemption of Merlyn? Does anyone really believe he's a good guy now?

I wish I could believe all these epic scenes and game changing moves would make the show better. But if the general public likes what they're seeing, then I'm the one who's out of step.

Still holding out hope for Zombie!Tommy. If we're bringing in the Lazarus Pit may as well go all out stupid with it.

Good or bad, I think they won't have any ideas on what to do with Barrowman next season.  He can't mentor Oliver because Oliver will have out-grown him, and he can't be the Big Bad two seasons on a row unless he defeats Ra's and he's not going to do that because of comics!.

But then, I also think Ray can't be fulltime on the show next season either. Watch them prove me wrong.

I rather have MM for 6 more seasons than one more epe with Ray and Fakanary. I pray that Ray gets a spin off and he takes Fakanary with him.

The Huntress will return ... again, per Marc Guggenheim

WHY?????

Edited by Hook75
  • Love 7

Yeah, that was disheartening news. I'm not a huge fan of The Huntress. I thought her story was already told and done with. Bringing Helena back for Season 4 when fans are still waiting for an arc for Felicity and Diggle, stories about her father and his brother is very frustrating. After so much focus this season on costumed characters, I'm not really looking forward to more.

• Love 9

I think that by fast forwarding the origin story for Laurel, the writers have written themselves into a corner with her character because now what's left for her to do? Her drama with Quentin is almost sort of over,she'll be out in the field getting her butt kicked, she'll train.. But that's just it. This is why the writers are going to bring in anyone and everyone to sort of make Laurel relevant and to prop Laurel up. The propping will never end, I feel. 

• Love 12

I'm dreading things about 315 for reasons

Just the fact that the show has a couple weeks (how long exactly?) hiatus after 3.15 likely means they will leave us with something to stew over.  I'm pretty sure I know what (or who, sigh...really big sigh) but yeah, the show runners aren't going to miss a chance to stoke the fire and watch us dance. 

Yeah, that was disheartening news. I'm not a huge fan of The Huntress. I thought her story was already told and done with. Bringing Helena back for Season 4 when fans are still waiting for an arc for Felicity and Diggle, stories about her father and his brother is very frustrating. After so much focus this season on costumed characters, I'm not really looking forward to more.

When they did the BoP episode, there was a lot of cry for using Felicity in the Oracle capacity - maybe that's part of The Huntress's return.  The boys will be off line for some reason and the girls save the day.  And just as a nod to Babs, Felicity can twist her ankle and stay off her feet. 

• Love 1

Wasn't it Helena who told Laurel that once you let the darkness in it never comes out? LOL

They are bringing Helena back to prop. She and Laurel are going to start at odds, but then Helena will see Laurel's 'light' and probably give her some speech about how there is now hope for her. They end the episode best buds.

• Love 3
This is why the writers are going to bring in anyone and everyone to sort of make Laurel relevant and to prop Laurel up. The propping will never end, I feel.

Yeah, I'm fully expecting Laurel to mentor Helena. 

• Love 1

Just the fact that the show has a couple weeks (how long exactly?) hiatus after 3.15 likely means they will leave us with something to stew over.  I'm pretty sure I know what (or who, sigh...really big sigh) but yeah, the show runners aren't going to miss a chance to stoke the fire and watch us dance. 

When they did the BoP episode, there was a lot of cry for using Felicity in the Oracle capacity - maybe that's part of The Huntress's return.  The boys will be off line for some reason and the girls save the day.  And just as a nod to Babs, Felicity can twist her ankle and stay off her feet.

I really really really really really hope it does not happen! At least not a serious relationship! And yes I can see them using Felicity as a version of Oracle for a BOP episode

Maybe, and maybe they will actually have an interesting take for Felicity as part of the Arrow version of BoP, but it's still not going to be about her. Not her own story. And after three seasons, the wait is getting ridiculous. I mean, it took until this season to even meet her mother!

• Love 2

I just want a Felicity story where she is the star not propping a newbie. Same for Diggle. They have an H.I.V.E story for Diggle and Felicity(With Oliver please LOL) has a Whos her Father story. Get your Hack ass out of Laurel's ass MG you Troll

• Love 1

MG posted on Tumblr that they have a Huntress story planned for the 4th season.

Right, well, I'm not even worried about s4 when I'm still dealing with the mess of s3 right now.

I do love how MG says that there's not enough room in the season to explore Felicity's parents but they're already considering story potential with Helena. Oh right, she's got a mask though so she's automatically more important.

Edited by Guest

MG posted on Tumblr that they have a Huntress story planned for the 4th season.

He also said they had one planned for S3 and that didn't work out. I know MG loves Helena so I have no doubt they'd try to get her back but like all return appearances it's a tricky situation.

Maybe, and maybe they will actually have an interesting take for Felicity as part of the Arrow version of BoP, but it's still not going to be about her. Not her own story. And after three seasons, the wait is getting ridiculous. I mean, it took until this season to even meet her mother!

It's so unreal she's been very popular yet they won't give her own story besides the Hero being in love with her and her loving him. It's all propping and giving stories to unlikable characters

• Love 1

WHY?????

Because she has a costume and a mask.  Having a costume and a mask is a "come back" card.

Wasn't it Helena who told Laurel that once you let the darkness in it never comes out? LOL

They are bringing Helena back to prop. She and Laurel are going to start at odds, but then Helena will see Laurel's 'light' and probably give her some speech about how there is now hope for her. They end the episode best buds.

Yep, Helena will be coming back to tell Laurel the darkness is gone and how did she do it because she wants to get rid of the darkness herself.

I think that by fast forwarding the origin story for Laurel, the writers have written themselves into a corner with her character because now what's left for her to do? Her drama with Quentin is almost sort of over,she'll be out in the field getting her butt kicked, she'll train.. But that's just it. This is why the writers are going to bring in anyone and everyone to sort of make Laurel relevant and to prop Laurel up. The propping will never end, I feel. 

I fear you're right. I'm already dreading seeing in her every lair scene now that it seems to have become her sole job.

I can think of more stories for Laurel as a lawyer than I can for her as a vigilante.  I'm sure they will give Laurel her own nemesis, while Felicity has to go over to The Flash for hers.

MG:  (These next group of chapters are also probably the most Olicity-oriented stories we’ve done for Season 2.5, as we’re laying the pipe towards Oliver and Felicity’s — spoiler for those who haven’t seen Ep. 3x01 yet — first date.)

I feel like I should just buy the comics and give up on the show itself.  All the good stuff seems to be happening in the comics.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

I just realized that MG used the words "laying the pipe" when referring to the comics that led to Olicity's first date. I wonder if he knows what that means? 

I didn't, but Urban dictionary gives very interesting definitions lol

• Love 1

I just realized that MG used the words "laying the pipe" when referring to the comics that led to Olicity's first date. I wonder if he knows what that means?

Lol me and other Olicters haven't seen them "Lay the pipe" so i don't know what MG is thinking. Oliver and Felicity need to "Lay the Pipe" though Edited by jay741982
  • Love 1
They are bringing Helena back to prop.

Of course she is back to prop Fakanary. EVERYONE from now until the show is gone will be on prop duty. MY fear is that she is back to prop O&L. I fear the worse!

I liked Helena and thought she had pretty good chemistry with Oliver. The only problem is her storyline grew tired and when she turned up in s2 to kill her father I was like 'Ugh, this again?' It was repetitive so I'm glad that's not an issue anymore. 

But yeah. They're very likely bringing her back for some kind of BoP story arc with Laurel. As @Wonderwall said up thread, I don't see where else Laurel's story can go once she's more competent (which, let's face it, won't take long on this show) and Helena will definitely help with that, otherwise she'll just become another sidekick on Oliver's team and that sounds pretty uneventful if you ask me.

Edited by Guest