Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm seriously beginning to suspect that the left turn is to have Malcolm turn out to be the big bad and not Ra's.

I've always thought he was the big bad. Everything that's happened is because of Malcolm, and that's not even counting everything he did in s1. Ra's is a red herring.

Ra's is a red herring for this season. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the Big Bad in another season. Maybe 5, leaving 4 for Amanda Waller.

Oh, absolutely. No doubt he's bad but I don't see him being defeated or killed in s3. I wouldn't be surprised if he's just this lingering mysterious threat in the background. Kind of like how Malcolm was really. When we found out he wasn't actually killed in the s1 finale, he was just waiting for the chance to 'attack' and he has.

Edited by Guest

I think Diggle telling Oliver to go tell Thea the truth, is a parallel to what happened in 3x03. Then they had no idea Malcolm was still alive and that Thea was with him so theoretically they could take longer to tell her... Now, Malcolm is alive and has Thea under is thumb -ish and while Oliver has chosen to ally himself with him, i think what Diggle may be afraid of is that Malcolm will choose to tell her for whatever insane plan he has going on.

ETA: because autocorrect has a mind of its own.

Edited by foreverevolving

Yeah, could be a resurrection. Is this the ep that changes the show forever, or is it 18?

315 is supposed to the be the game changer.

Also, there was something newish in that interview--a big hint that Oliver will eventually train Laurel, which...makes me ill as a hater, but even fans of BC have been shouting NO about that from the rooftops from the get-go, right? Other than the shippers, I can't imagine BC fans being happy about her being trained by GA.

• Love 1

Also, there was something newish in that interview--a big hint that Oliver will eventually train Laurel, which...makes me ill as a hater, but even fans of BC have been shouting NO about that from the rooftops from the get-go, right? Other than the shippers, I can't imagine BC fans being happy about her being trained by GA.

Yeah, I caught that too. I wonder if that was weird wording? I thought for sure Nyssa would be doing it.

IF Oliver does train Laurel Blame J.R. Ramirez. He was supposed to be much more of a major character before he was made a regular on another show. Personally I would recast the role but I can sorta get why they won't do that 

Edited by ban1o
From what I see, It's not only shippers but it is Iris West fans as well who feel like she`s being sidelined in favour of other non-POC female characters on the show

Non-POC female characters...kinda narrows it down to Caitlyn, doesn't it?  I'm finding it hilarious that people are angry at Felicity because Iris isn't getting enough screentime.  Felicity isn't even a character on The Flash, how can this be her fault?!!!  Personally, I think that the EPs screwed up and made the same mistake they did with Laurel by creating a character who could be completely removed from the narrative, and the show wouldn't even miss a beat.  

I'm really hoping that Felicity doesn't get blown up while on a date with Ray because this show really doesn't need to repeat Oliver/Felicity moments with Ray inserted into Oliver's position. Been there, done that, don't want any of those parallels.

Ouch. The great BC being trained by Oliver? Oh no.

It was inevitable.

Well, I mean, at this point Black Canary is kind of the sidekick's sidekick.  She's basically below Roy, which is not good.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 7

Maybe he can go meet up with Laurel next and tell her to come clean to Quentin about Sara at last.

Maybe they all head to Lian Yu to so Malcolm can team up with Slade for Truth Tour 2015. 

IF Oliver does train Laurel Blame J.R. Ramirez. HE was supposed to be much more of a major character before he was made a regularon another show. Personally I would recast the role but I can sorta get why they won't do that 

I can't blame JRR; the EPs should have locked him down if they had a big story line for him. He's gotta look out for himself. Regardless, it is insulting to Comics BC if Oliver has to train her. Wonder what the Because Comics folks will say then. 

I hope Felicity doesn't get blown up because that's 2 times too many a season. I'm still worried for that head trauma she suffered during the Deathstrokes stuff. Concussions are no joke people.  :D

• Love 4

On a show where you can be skewered with a sword, kicked off a cliff, and still survive, eh, concussions are no biggie :)

You would think that if the EPs had a large role in mind for Ted Grant, they wouldn't have hired an actor that was currently on another show.  It kinda comes off like the storyline wasn't a priority for them.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 1

Well  he was supposed to be her love interest and all and TEd Grant is a pretty big names in the comics so I'm guessing they had much  bigger plans for him. Should have cast a different actor 

• Love 1

According to one of MG's tweets, we will find out this week who Laurel's new trainer is.

So, it is Nyssa then. Isn't this when Laurel's supposed to call her for help about what to do about telling Quentin about Sara? 

You would think that if the EPs had a large role in mind for Ted Grant, they wouldn't have hired an actor that was currently on another show.  It kinda comes off like the storyline wasn't a priority for them.

Didn't he get cast in his new show after he took the Arrow job? Should've locked him down. Although I'm not sure that Ted was ever going to be the only one to train her - boxing can only get you so far. I mean...it seems to have gotten her pretty far, but...you know.

From what I've seen a lot of Iris/Barry shippers are LL/Oliver shippers also. So there might be some ulterior motives involved in the upset over Felicity.

So, it is Nyssa then. Isn't this when Laurel's supposed to call her for help about what to do about telling Quentin about Sara?

Didn't he get cast in his new show after he took the Arrow job? Should've locked him down. Although I'm not sure that Ted was ever going to be the only one to train her - boxing can only get you so far. I mean...it seems to have gotten her pretty far, but...you know.

He was a reoccurring character on Power but got up to regular after he signed on for Ted Grant.

Edited by Orion

did they specify an episode? I know she's supposed to reach out to Nyssa but Nyssa doesn't show up until 315 (that I know of). it would make sense to resolve it in 313 but they might drag it out until 315.

I'll LMAO if Roy is her new trainer.

• Love 1

did they specify an episode? I know she's supposed to reach out to Nyssa but Nyssa doesn't show up until 315 (that I know of). it would make sense to resolve it in 313 but they might drag it out until 315.

I figured it'd be this one since I'll have to seriously question whether or not Malcolm is slipping something to Quentin if he doesn't start pressing people on who the blonde in the mask is now that he's been straight-up told it isn't Sara. And IIRC, that's why Laurel gets in touch with Nyssa, right? For help with that? If that takes three more episodes...I just can't.

From what I've seen a lot of Iris/Barry shippers are LL/Oliver shippers also. So there might be some ulterior motives involved in the upset over Felicity.

Nope. I don't mind Barry/Iris at all and based on what I've seen a lot of Olicity shippers LOVE Barry/Iris. Then of course, you have your but!Comics folks, and then that's about it! 

Edited by wonderwall

Katrina Law as Nyssa isn't even marked as a guest star for any of the upcoming episodes. How can Laurel go to her for training? Unless it's all offscreen 

Edited by ban1o

Nyssa isn't even marked as a guest start for any of the upcoming episodes. How can Laurel go to her for training. Unless it's all offscreen 

Could be off screen. Or maybe she doesn't have a trainer for a while after 3x13, due to the fallout from her Vertigo hallucination? And we find out her new trainer is no one until Nyssa steps in to do it? Laurel's not mentioned in the episode description for 3x14 (present day) or 3x15. Maybe she leaves town for a bit after she tells Quentin she's a lying liar who lies? 

Edited by apinknightmare

Katrina Law as Nyssa isn't even marked as a guest star for any of the upcoming episodes. How can Laurel go to her for training? Unless it's all offscreen 

Hopefully Laurel leaves Starling (after a falling out with her father) and only returns as a recurring role from now on... But I know better than to dream... or hope. :p

Her arc has been messily handled. I mean, based on her interaction with Ted, it seemed like she hadn't trained with him since episode 6? Smh I'd much rather focus on Diggle than Laurel. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

Haha, Nyssa training Laurel. Didn't she train Sara too?

This whole storyline makes me uncomfortable. First she wears her Canary costume, then she uses her voice. Now she's (likely, we don't know for sure) going to get training from the same person who trained Sara. If they didn't want us to think of Single White Female, they are going the wrong way about it. Sorry.

Edited by Guest

Her arc has been messily handled. I mean, based on her interaction with Ted, it seemed like she hadn't trained with him since episode 6? Smh I'd much rather focus on Diggle than Laurel. 

I agree. It doesn't seem like they put much thought in it. Or maybe what they originally planned did pan out or something. I actually liked episode 11 but I Laurel obviously needs more training. And I don't think they've fully justified why she would continue being BC now that Oliver is back. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

This whole storyline makes me uncomfortable. First she wears her Canary costume, then she uses her voice. Now she's (likely, we don't know for sure) going to get training from the same person who trained Sara. If they didn't want us to think of Single White Female, they are going the wrong way about it. Sorry.

If this is the bitter pill I have to swallow to get Laurel off my screen and out of the 'female lead' status then I'll happily take it. I think Laurel would be much better suited as a recurring character tbqh

I agree. It doesn't seem like they put much thought in it. Or maybe what they originally planned did pan out or something. I actually liked episode 11 but I Laurel obviously needs more training. And I don't think they've fully justified why she would continue being BC now that Oliver is back. 

She was incompetent in episode 11, but then fine, and fared better than Ted in episode 12?! I just don't get it. And I don't think I ever will. You might feel differently, but I want the show to off her character only because they can't seem to write her properly or believably. I think it's time for the writers to cut the unwanted weight and focus on the characters that actually do make sense. I want the show to focus on Diggle. I want them to focus on Quentin. I want them to focus on human interactions rather than fight scenes (which have been lacking lately)... If that means we have to cut the fat (Laurel and Ray) then so be it. It's kind of sad because I was hopeful that the writers would handle her arc well this season. Unfortunately, they haven't. 

• Love 6

If this is the bitter pill I have to swallow to get Laurel off my screen and out of the 'female lead' status then I'll happily take it. I think Laurel would be much better suited as a recurring character tbqh

She was incompetent in episode 11, but then fine, and fared better than Ted in episode 12?! I just don't get it. And I don't think I ever will. You might feel differently, but I want the show to off her character only because they can't seem to write her properly or believably. I think it's time for the writers to cut the unwanted weight and focus on the characters that actually do make sense. I want the show to focus on Diggle. I want them to focus on Quentin. I want them to focus on human interactions rather than fight scenes (which have been lacking lately)... If that means we have to cut the fat (Laurel and Ray) then so be it. It's kind of sad because I was hopeful that the writers would handle her arc well this season. Unfortunately, they haven't. 

yeah in the first scene with Laurel and Roy I was really confused on how Laurel got so good and how Roy randomly said "Ted Grant must be a good teacher" as a half assed explanation, Like she wasn't amazing but the skill increase came out of nowhere and put me off the episode. I hated almost everything about episode 12 though except for the Oliver scenes with Tatsu and Sin's reappearance.  Oh and Felicity at the end. 

Edited by ban1o

Yes it was a Movie

I keep hearing it in reference to Laurel as BC Was it basically  someone dressing up to look like someone else? I've never heard of the phrase before this forum lol. 

Edited by ban1o

yeah in the first scene with Laurel and Roy I was really confused on how Laurel got so good and how Roy randomly said "Ted Grant must be a good teacher" as a half assed explanation" Like she wasn't amazing but the skill increase came out of nowhere. I hated almost everything about episode 12 though except for the Oliver scenes with Tatsu and Sin's reappearance.  Oh and Felicity at the end. 

Right?! It's bad enough they wiped out every skill she had in the first place to make her look incompetent, but then they increase her skill level like that within a week?! AND it seemed like Laurel hasn't seen Ted since episode 6? LOL okay, show. Okay. That episode was essentially trash for sidelining Diggle so Laurel and Roy could shine, for beating up Ted Grant like that which puts Laurel's training into scrutiny, for Oliver teaming up with Malcolm like it's a sane thing... The rich part is most of the people were actively rooting for Oliver and against Felicity and here I am going "wtf are these people smoking?". Felicity and Diggle were the most sane/level headed/best part of the episode. OH and I also loved Felicity sitting on her chair like a BAMF when in contact with Merlyn :p

I'm lazy. Can someone explain this Single White Female thing to me lol? It's a movie right? 

It's a super trashy '90s movie where one woman becomes obsessed with another; she changes her entire look to copy her, starts interfering in her life to tie them closer together, then begins impersonating her, ultimately starts killing people in her life before trying to kill her. But, yeah, people just use it whenever someone starts taking on another person's look, style, etc.

• Love 5

It's a super trashy '90s movie where one woman becomes obsessed with another; she changes her entire look to copy her, starts interfering in her life to tie them closer together, then begins impersonating her, ultimately starts killing people in her life before trying to kill her. But, yeah, people just use it whenever someone starts taking on another person's look, style, etc.

So it's like that friends episode "the one with the fake Monica"?

ETA: on second thought it sounds more like that 90210 season arc with Kelly and her roommate who tried to imitate her.

aah okay makes sense. LOL I can  see why people would snark Laurel with that. I mean dressing up as her, using her voice, impersonating as her to Quentin (and I guess to everybody else)

• Love 1

I keep hearing it in reference to Laurel as BC Was it basically  someone dressing up to look like someone else? I've never heard of the phrase before this forum lol.

The Movie Single White Female was about this woman who got this woman who befriended her and was cool at first but slowly she started copying and taking this girls life, cut her hair to look like her and I believe starting taking her friends and her boyfriend. Anyone on here who seen the film can either back me up or correct me lol

Right?! It's bad enough they wiped out every skill she had in the first place to make her look incompetent, but then they increase her skill level like that within a week?! AND it seemed like Laurel hasn't seen Ted since episode 6? LOL okay, show. Okay. That episode was essentially trash for sidelining Diggle so Laurel and Roy could shine, for beating up Ted Grant like that which puts Laurel's training into scrutiny, for Oliver teaming up with Malcolm like it's a sane thing... The rich part is most of the people were actively rooting for Oliver and against Felicity and here I am going "wtf are these people smoking?". Felicity and Diggle were the most sane/level headed/best part of the episode. OH and I also loved Felicity sitting on her chair like a BAMF when in contact with Merlyn :p

I will always love Felicity sitting in her chair like a BAMF BOSS when Malcolm was in the lair lol I wanna go as far to say Malcolm knew who the Boss was lol

• Love 2

In the movie a woman (played by Bridget Fonda) puts an in a paper looking for new room mate (SWF instead of single white female because you have to pay by the word) and gets a woman (Jennifer Jason Leigh) who seems nice but becomes obsessed with her, taking over her clothes, hairstyle and life and killing her puppy.

Or waht jay741982 said while I was typing.

,I think Diggle telling Oliver to go tell Thea the truth, is a parallel to what happened in 3x03. Then they had no idea Malcolm was still alive and that Thea was with him so theoretically they could take longer to tell her... Now, Malcolm is alive and has Thea under is thumb -ish and while Oliver has chosen to ally himself with him, i think what Diggle may be afraid of is that Malcolm will choose to tell her for whatever insane plan he has going on.

But if Diggle is worried what Malcolm may tell Thea, then he needs to encourage Oliver to tell her himself and come up with a good reason for not telling her sooner.

It's making me laugh because it's showing just how much Sara was the Black Canary in all but name. Now that Sara is gone, they have to repeat it all with Laurel, there's nothing new to give her.

Could Thea be training Laurel? Is this the ep where Laurel finds out that Thea killed Sara?

At this point, Thea training Laurel makes sense because Thea is that much better but it's a kick at the comics BC that she's trained by Speedy.

I wonder if Malcolm is going to train her too, and then they can have a foursome training session with him, Thea, Oliver and Laurel.  It's probably going to be Nyssa (I think we got BTS photos of Katrina Law at a night shoot around the time this episode was shooting) but I can't think of a good reason for Nyssa to train Laurel, especially now that she thinks Oliver killed Sara.

I would forgive the show for having Malcolm pressure Oliver into telling Thea if Oliver took it upon himself to also tell her all about how her father drugged her and brainwashed her and made her kill someone all as part of some convoluted plan to save his own skin. And that this plan almost got Oliver killed and puts her own life in danger. Sadly, since Thea still seems to care about Malcolm in 3.15, I'm guessing this isn't going to happen. 

• Love 8

I would forgive the show for having Malcolm pressure Oliver into telling Thea if Oliver took it upon himself to also tell her all about how her father drugged her and brainwashed her and made her kill someone all as part of some convoluted plan to save his own skin. And that this plan almost got Oliver killed and puts her own life in danger. Sadly, since Thea still seems to care about Malcolm in 3.15, I'm guessing this isn't going to happen.

Umm it's possible, i can understand why Thea may still care for Malcolm even knowing all he has done to her (i mean she knew he was a mass murder psycho and got into the car with him). Having lost my father at a young age i can relate with her at how hard it is and how desperately one craves that father figure at that age. While it is totally fucked up - at the end of the day Malcolm is the last parental figure she has in her life (we haven't been told if she's still in contact with Walter- and i would understand if she isn't. I don't think Moira and Walter were married for more than two three years when the show started, so Thea was probably at about 14-ish when Moira remarried) as much as she loves him Walter will never be really considered a real father figure, trust me I can say this from personal experience.

So i can sort fanwank it why she may not forget but chose to forgive and woulda desperate to not lose him, her last parental figure.

But if Diggle is worried what Malcolm may tell Thea, then he needs to encourage Oliver to tell her himself and come up with a good reason for not telling her sooner.

Which is what it looks like he's doing according to the producers insider preview.

I personally disagree foreverevolving. Although I can understand the desire to have a father figure, Thea didn't know Merlyn was her father until May of last year. She knew all the horrible things he did already at the point, so there was already a sense of detachment.  Walter is more of a father figure in that sense. I really don't get her intense attachment to him, especially if she knows he brainwashed her to kill someone she was friends with. 

Yeah, I'm annoyed and frustrated by Thea's storyline because I was hoping for so much more. I was hoping for more on other storylines too. But Thea didn't talk to her own mother for months after she found out about her involvement in the undertaking and now she's calling Malcolm dad and drinking his Kool-Aid and it just rings so false. The insincerity of it all is so weird. 

Malcolm was technically a stranger to her and I find it so unrealistic that she would be so attached to him after 5 months. It's bizarre.