Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Yep. I predicted that Felicity and Ray bullshit storyline. Ugh. Whatevs. 

Oliver is a moron. That is all.

Liking this show is exhausting. 

Ugh!! When is Thea going to learn what Malcolm did to her? This is ridiculous, this is the perfect opportunity for Oliver to come clean with her. Let Ra's have at Malcolm for christ sakes. I saw the Canadian promo, so I'm happy she'll be getting some info next week, but she needs to know how much Malcolm has taken from her family. Malcolm is the catalyst of everything that has happened to her family, give Thea back her agency. This story line is just dragging far too long.

• Love 1

Now Oliver is actually considering saving Malcolm when he's captured by Ra's.

Haha, well there goes my hope he's playing him. And yeah I think this pretty much convinces me Ra's and Malcolm are the ones working him over. Jesus, let him learn show, FFS!

Jbuffyangel did a meta on the latest episode and she wrote this following text regarding Malcolm, I've highlighted the part that blow my mind

http://jbuffyangel.tumblr.com/post/110176335358/made-of-steel-uprising-arrow-3x12-review

If the writers are toying with a Merlyn redemption storyline…I ain’t buyin’ it. Even by choosing to not kill Brick, Merlyn has ulterior motives. To give Thea reasons to forgive him. So he can point to this moment and say, “See? I’m trying to change. So don’t be mad I turned you into a killer. Okay pumpkin? Kisses. ” It’s misdirection, because I don’t believe Merlyn truly wants to change. He wants Oliver and Thea to THINK he wants to change. Why? Because it’ll distract them from his ultimate motivations, which I believe have yet to be revealed. My personal guess? Merlyn wants to take over The League of Assassins…and he needs Oliver to do it.

Wh? What drives Merlyn isn’t the loss of his wife anymore. He just says that’s the reason, but he dishonored her memory long ago. No…this isn’t about Rebecca, or Tommy or Thea. This is about POWER. Twenty-one years ago, Malcolm Merlyn was made powerless and every choice he’s made since then was to reclaim that power. Until it’s the very thing that controls Merlyn and drives him.

"Holy shit!!" Was my reaction. we've been spending months trying to figure out Malcolm final game plan, what it was that he wanted, and.. This just makes total sense. I can't believe none of us thought of it before (or have I missed it?)

• Love 1

Like, is the twist at the end of 315 that Oliver is gonna take off his skin mask and reveal he's someone else while the real Oliver is a prisoner somewhere? Because I'm willing to accept that rather than PodOliver. That's his name now, btw, I've changed it.

It's like an entire season of writers smoking the bad batch of drugs. Jfc.

• Love 6

Jbuffyangel did a meta on the latest episode and she wrote this following text regarding Malcolm, I've highlighted the part that blow my mind

http://jbuffyangel.tumblr.com/post/110176335358/made-of-steel-uprising-arrow-3x12-review

"Holy shit!!" Was my reaction. we've been spending months trying to figure out Malcolm final game plan, what it was that he wanted, and.. This just makes total sense. I can't believe none of us thought of it before (or have I missed it?)

Well, I mean, he definitely wants Ra's dead to erase his blood debt. Whoever kills him takes over the League (per MG). So, since he sent Oliver to try to do it, I don't think controlling the League is his first priority. Getting out of his blood debt is. 

• Love 1

Jbuffyangel did a meta on the latest episode and she wrote this following text regarding Malcolm, I've highlighted the part that blow my mindhttp://jbuffyangel.tumblr.com/post/110176335358/made-of-steel-uprising-arrow-3x12-review

That actually makes a lot of sense. But if Malcolm gets the LoA, Nyssa is toast, isn't she? Ugh.

I know the LOA has a code and all, but would they really follow Merlyn? I'd love him to kill Ra's and then everyone peaces out and leaves him there alone. 

I can just see him standing on a cliff, raising his hands in triumph, yelling, "FINALLY, WHAT IS MINE!!!!" and he's standing in front of an empty field. 

• Love 2

I'm actually considering to stop watching this show now. The storytelling is just ridiculous imo.

Ya' just put on some really enjoyable show during Arrow time...something that'll make you smile and laugh.  Then you come onto the forums right after Arrow ends to see just how stupid the episode was.  I'm telling you, it's so much less stressful that way.  I'm basically out until the Suicide Squad episode because all of the stuff in the meantime sounds ridiculously terrible!

• Love 7

I wanted them to tell Thea the full truth in the next episode, but I changed my mind after reading about 3x15. The idea that Thea finds out what Malcolm did to her and Sara and then wants Oliver to save him? Gross

• Love 2

Does Thea not know what Malcolm did to her though? And she still wants to go save him? I really don't get it. Maybe she hasn't found out yet. I remember that in an interview from the TCA`s (I think it was Colton's it said that she'll find out. What episode were they filming then?

Edited by ban1o

Obviously next episode Thea only finds out about Oliver being the Arrow. I cannot believe they are still keeping her in the dark about Malcolm and Sara. Once again they're writing for plot instead of character. 

Edit to say omg, I hope they are keeping her in the dark about Malcolm because if she knows and still wants him around? BULLSHIT. This is the same character who refused to talk to her mother for months because of her role in the undertaking. Wtf.

Edited by Guest

Does Thea not know what Malcolm did to her though? And she still wants to go save him? I really don't get it. Maybe she hasn't found out yet. I remember that in an interview from the TCA`s (I think it was Colton's) that she'll find out. What episode were they filming then?

If she does, god, what is wrong with her? If she doesn't, OLIVER, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? It's stupid either way.

• Love 1

Better idea - Malcolm kills Ra's taking over the LOA. Nyssa bolts, taking everyone with her, creates the League of Shadows, kills Merlyn, flies to Starling City, tells Oliver he's an idiot, tells Thea everything, laughs at Laurel, recruits Felicity and Sin. 

• Love 7

Yeah, I really don't see the point of revealing that Oliver is the Arrow, if it's not so that they can tell her everything else. But now that Oliver's on Team Merlyn, I guess he's not in any real hurry to do that. Man, I just don't understand anything right now.

• Love 2

Yeah, I really don't see the point of revealing that Oliver is the Arrow, if it's not so that they can tell her everything else. But now that Oliver's on Team Merlyn, I guess he's not in any real hurry to do that. Man, I just don't understand anything right now.

I love that the reason Oliver shows her the foundry is because Digg tells him she's gonna be pissed when she finds out he's been lying to her. Tell her the least bad secret then, the less damaging one of the three you're keeping from her, you beautiful moron. That's the ticket!

Haha, I just realized something. At least Laurel has a reasoning behind not telling Lance about Sara. It's dumb, but the motivation is there.

Why hasn't anyone told Laurel about Thea?

Why hasn't anyone told Thea about Malcolm?

I got nada, because there is no motivation. Only plot.

• Love 1

Haha, I just realized something. At least Laurel has a reasoning behind not telling Lance about Sara. It's dumb, but the motivation is there.

Why hasn't anyone told Laurel about Thea?

Well, there was a very real reason to believe that Laurel would go ripshit on Thea considering she was out for blood with everyone else. Now, maybe not. Before? It's a good thing no one told her.

If Laurel had learned immediately after the murder, then maybe she would have tried to do something stupid to Thea. But now she's pretty much dropped that whole avenging Sara thing in favor of imitating her instead. She's not Ra's. There's no reason to believe she wouldn't see that Thea is a victim here too (granted, a victim of her own making, given that she left town to be trained by a mass murderer, but you know).

It's just that no one on this show wants to deal with others' pain, and it's making ALL of them look like assholes. But particularly the ones closest to those in the dark. (Oliver and Laurel, in this case.)

• Love 2

If Laurel had learned immediately after the murder, then maybe she would have tried to do something stupid to Thea. But now she's pretty much dropped that whole avenging Sara thing in favor of imitating her instead. She's not Ra's. There's no reason to believe she wouldn't see that Thea is a victim here too (granted, a victim of her own making, given that she left town to be trained by a mass murderer, but you know).

It's just that no one on this show wants to deal with others' pain, and it's making ALL of them look like assholes. But particularly the ones closest to those in the dark. (Oliver and Laurel, in this case.)

Agree with everything you said. It's just lying for the sake of lying. Which is just dumb.

what episode was being filmed when the TCA's happened?

Yeah, I get that Laurel was crazed for awhile there, but mostly nobody's told her because they didn't. She didn't try to kill Roy when he confessed, and this would have been a pretty similar situation with Thea.

Quentin's heart problems are text. Team Arrow hiding the truth from Laurel hasn't been even hinted in text. They just didn't tell her because they're saving it for some plot twist when she'll react in an unexpected way, per KC. Probably next week, I think?

And then she'll join the ranks of not telling Thea the truth because plot. It's like a game of wack-a-mole, this show. Kill one secret, three appear. Or maybe it's Hydra.

• Love 1

OK now that I re-read the description it says Oliver CONSIDERS saving Merlyn. Maybe he doesn't go through with it and tells Thea  what Merlyn did to her.

Edited by ban1o

Yeah, I get that Laurel was crazed for awhile there, but mostly nobody's told her because they didn't. She didn't try to kill Roy when he confessed, and this would have been a pretty similar situation with Thea.

True. And even though to me it seems like they found out ages ago, they did discover Thea did it after Laurel quenched the bloodthirst.

OK now that I re-read the description it says Oliver CONSIDERS saving Merlyn. Maybe he doesn't go through with it and tells Thea  what Merlyn did to her.

Does it even really matter if he actually does it at this point? With Thea in danger, why on earth would Oliver even consider going to save Merlyn when Ra's could kill them both? All this noble bullshit to protect her, that he'd even consider leaving her to go save some scumbag murder is just beyond to me. 

• Love 4

Does it even really matter if he actually does it at this point? With Thea in danger, why on earth would Oliver even consider going to save Merlyn when Ra's could kill them both? All this noble bullshit to protect her, that he'd even consider leaving her to go save some scumbag murder is just beyond to me. 

oh I definitely agree that it would be stupid either way but it would be less stupid then actually going after him. That would just be very very ridiculous. (but it will probably be the case, I mean the episode is called "Nanda Parbat")

Edited by ban1o

what episode was being filmed when the TCA's happened?

315, I just checked.

Thea has GOT to learn what Malcolm did in this episode. If they're gonna change the show completely by the end of this episode -- and by the end of February Sweeps -- all secrets' gotta be revealed.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 1

315, I just checked.

Thea has GOT to learn what Malcolm did in this episode. If they're gonna change the show completely by the end of this episode -- and by the end of February Sweeps -- all secrets' gotta be revealed.

okay Colton definitely said in an interview that Thea and Roy will bond or something over both killing people without knowing so I guess she will find out in 3x15. Unless she already found out and is being really stupid and stupidly loyal to the guy.

Edited by ban1o

People always knock on the writing for Laurel, but IMO, the writing for Thea hasn't been any better. It's been disturbing watching her defend a mass-murdering psychopath and unfortunately, it looks like that idiocy is going to continue for quite a while. And yes, I am aware that Thea doesn't know how badly Malcolm has used her, but that is no excuse because she is aware of most of the other sht he has done.

• Love 9

I know most of has been focusing on the Oliver Merlyn stuff but the Ray/Felicity plotline almost seems like it was taken directly from their storyline in 3x10.

Based on the spoiler pics of him getting slovenly looking (for a billionaire), I think she's worried he's getting lost in the mission like Oliver did, not that he'll go out and get killed like Oliver almost did. Gotta have those parallels. 

• Love 2

People always knock on the writing for Laurel, but IMO, the writing for Thea hasn't been any better. It's been disturbing watching her defend a mass-murdering psychopath and unfortunately, it looks like that idiocy is going to continue for quite a while. And yes, I am aware that Thea doesn't know how badly Malcolm has used her, but that is no excuse because she is aware of most of the other sht he has done.

A mass murdering psychopath who killed her father, almost killed her brother, marooned him on an island, killed her half-brother(who she had a crush on her), blackmailed her mom, is semi-responsible for her mother's death....

So...yeah....If you try to get any logic or reasoning or even emotion on why she'd trust Malcom(besides being her 'father'), you're bound to have your brain explode. 

Just some more quality female writing by the staff of Arrow!

• Love 6

It drives me insane that the entire reasoning behind Thea's storyline seems to be "I really want a daddy". And then I remember she actually had Walter, but the show forgot he existed.

Maybe Malcolm offed him and we just haven't found out about it yet.

It drives me insane that the entire reasoning behind Thea's storyline seems to be "I really want a daddy". And then I remember she actually had Walter, but the show forgot he existed.

*weeps* God, I miss having Walter around. I can understand why Colin Salmon wouldn't want to return to this fail of a show right now, but it really needs him.

• Love 9

I'm not 100% sure, but didn't Stephen say that there's a cool scene with Oliver on his knees in front of Ra's? So I think he's going to try to save him in the end. 

LMAO, this Ray/Felicity storyline. I'm expecting them to have an heated argument about her concerns and for her to call him Oliver by mistake, at this point. Actually, if she does actually call him Oliver, I would probably forgive everything. 

• Love 2

I think Malcolm is probably going to die at the end of the season. I am envisioning a heroic death for him right about now. Maybe he's going to sacrifice himself for Thea or Oliver.

Or Thea kills him.

Man, Felicity must get real tired propping up that giant plot point known as Ray Palmer. 

This Ray/Felicity storyline is just getting worse by the sounds of it. They're making her reactions to him all about her feelings for Oliver. That's not making him a valid choice, that's just…weird and slightly creepy. Ugh, and then she's going to say that horrible line in The Flash about Ray being Barry in Oliver's body. I CANNOT. What the hell are they doing? Epic fail all over this joint. 

Wake me up when Ray Palmer ends. Thanks.

Edited by Guest

I'm not 100% sure, but didn't Stephen say that there's a cool scene with Oliver on his knees in front of Ra's? So I think he's going to try to save him in the end. 

Either that or the writer's really want to go in a different direction with Oliver destroying any and all hope for Ollicity fans but really giving the Oliggle fans hope.

Does Felicity really call Ray, "Barry in Oliver's body" because that's not only super creepy, but it's also really rude and kind of pathetic. What are they doing to Felicity? I hate that she has to have "three" superhero love interests....You know Felicity is smart, capable, confident and pretty. She can, you know, just be on her own and not be a superhero muse. 

Ergh...seriously Thea, Felicity, Caitlin, Laurel, Iris....Does anyone really have hope Supergirl will be decent considering how the writing falls apart for female characters? Felicity has, always IMO, had some major issues in the way they wrote her but also some top tier quality when they let her...you know BE FELICITY but this Ray issue is part of the problem where they forget Felicity is a human and a character and not just around to give a superhero a confidence boost.

What I've lost about these past three episodes is, outside of the Ray storyline, Felicity has been throwing truth bombs and doing her own thing and following her own heart. She isn't there to give Roy, Laurel and Diggle a rousing speech or tell Oliver, "I don't like what you did but I'll always believe in you because you're a hero!"...She's a human with feelings all her own.

But then we get lines like ,"Ray's Barry in Oliver's body!" because all she can think of is superheroes. And of course right after she'll say she'll get flustered because "Oops I've talked of a man's body" which makes no sense for someone as confident and outspoken as Felicity but this show seems to have a "Women aren't supposed to be expressive about their sexuality!", ala Caitlin when she called Eddie hot.

Edited by XtremeOne1
  • Love 2

Does Felicity really call Ray, "Barry in Oliver's body" because that's not only super creepy, but it's also really rude and kind of pathetic. What are they doing to Felicity? I hate that she has to have "three" superhero love interests....You know Felicity is smart, capable, confident and pretty. She can, you know, just be on her own and not be a superhero muse.

The problem with that line is that it's not Felicity saying it, it's the EPs saying "PLEASE FLASH FANS, LIKE RAY PALMER SO WE CAN SPIN HIM OFF INTO HIS OWN SERIES". That's what FElicity's there for apparently. A sort of pseudo weird product placement person.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 13

The problem with that line is that it's not Felicity saying it, it's the EPs saying "PLEASE FLASH FANS, LIKE RAY PALMER SO WE CAN SPIN HIM OFF INTO HIS OWN SERIES". That's what FElicity's there for apparently. A sort of pseudo weird product placement person.

I'm still indifferent on Ray. I hate his and Felicity's relationship because it's so creepy("I totally stalk you and now I want to protect you. I might one day murder you and wear your skin." "Oh how romantic!"....Which is weird because I think if someone kept pinging Felicity to find out where she was, she'd be all, "Hey stalker man, eff off before I somehow hack all your money away."

But Brandon Routh is good and there is a few moments where the character is charming....But yeah...I'd like to see him interact with Barry.

I will laugh if Ray learns Barry's identity though; further insult to injury for Iris, "So how many strangers know who you are?"

Edited by XtremeOne1
  • Love 1

Does Oliver even know Laurel is running around in her sister's skin...I mean, suit? I know she was at the fight but did he actually see her? Because she conveniently wasn't at the lair when he reunited with the team.

• Love 1