Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Only 3 things could make me rage about the Olicity conversations: 1) Laurel 2) Ray) and 3) She denies loving him.

I think 1 and 3 are possibilities. I don't think 2 is. 

Honestly, if he's going to keep pursuing her (and he obviously is, based on that idiotic interview from AK where he talks about her dilemma being whether she should be with Oliver or Ray), she must dangle a maybe in front of him. So either she's not very convincing in what she says, or she tells him flat-out that she loves him, BUT.

• Love 1

blerggghhhhhhhhhh.....thanks everyone. It's hopeless. These fuckers are just killing this show.

:( I HOPE it's good angst like she pushes him away, gives up being happy with him so he can focus on beating Ra's

I think 1 and 3 are possibilities. I don't think 2 is. 

Honestly, if he's going to keep pursuing her (and he obviously is, based on that idiotic interview from AK where he talks about her dilemma being whether she should be with Oliver or Ray), she must dangle a maybe in front of him. So either she's not very convincing in what she says, or she tells him flat-out that she loves him, BUT.

I can see that. She tells him she don't want to be a woman he loves, she don't love him but it's obvious she's lying he calls her on it. She says it's the truth then runs out end episode

• Love 1

Well, based on the summary for 3x14 I just posted in the SPOILERS ONLY thread, if Oliver does team up with Malcolm, he's a dumb shit. It seems like he does and he is. And hopefully if Thea doesn't know about the Arrow by that point, she finds out about it then. 

Edited by apinknightmare

They also built up the 3x09 scene as "the greatest Olicity scene ever" and that wasn't true at all. I don't trust their judgement for Olicity scenes, and going by how far off Marc has been lately Felicity being "MAD. AS. HELL" may actually just be her being irritated.

I'm also not sure that the "MAD. AS. HELL" and the "I don't want to be a woman you love" are the same scene. The "woman you love" may be in the middle of the episode, with her getting mad about Malcolm or the cliffhanger for 3x13 - maybe she finds out Vertigo is back?

We are still supposed to get the Olicity hug, so I can't see her hugging him and then being mad as hell. Though my one need for the hug is him wrapping both arms around her since we haven't gotten that yet.

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 1

If Oliver teams up with Malcolm its going to bite him in the ass pretty quick based on the BTS shots of Oliver pointing an Arrow at Malcolm in 3x15.

Does this mean Thea finds out?

No mention of Diggle and Felicity. Do not care about flashbacks; watching Oliver pine over Laurel is something I have no interest in.

• Love 1

They also built up the 3x09 scene as "the greatest Olicity scene ever" and that wasn't true at all. I don't trust their judgement for Olicity scenes, and going by how far off Marc has been lately Felicity being "MAD. AS. HELL" may actually just be here being irritated. 

I'm also not sure that the "MAD. AS. HELL" and the "I don't want to be a woman you love" are the same scene. The "woman you love" may be in the middle of the episode, with her getting mad about Malcolm or the cliffhanger for 3x13 - maybe she finds out Vertigo is back? 

We are still supposed to get the Olicity hug, so I can't see her hugging him and then being mad as hell. Though my one need for the hug is him wrapping both arms around her since we haven't gotten that yet. 

Yeah, I just don't trust his judgment because everything is epic, you'll need tissues for this and that, and I've never felt any of those things. That's why I'm just not expecting whatever goes down to be that bad. 

• Love 3

Jay not to crush your fragil hope, but let's remember "angst" in 3a was pretty much keeping them from having scenes together. So guggies idea of angst means our mmv. Significantly.

Lol No worries man. I'm expecting more of the same regarding Olicity GRR. What's MMV short for I'm not sure

I love Felicity and want to be on her side but, Oliver just came back from the dead so there is a very few actions which would put me on her side in the inevitable Oliver/Felicity conflict.

If she is frustrated at him for going out as the Arrow when he is still injured and needs to recover more, I will be ok. She doesn't want to loose him again, and she just went through his "death".

But if she moves on to Ray in anyway it will be hard for me to reconcile her actions.

Really this shitting on Oliver is way beyond old now.

Binge watching the season is looking more likely for me.

Edited by Genki
  • Love 2

Honestly nothing about this show inspires rage, it's mostly just a yawn. I watched the last episode while making dinner, and dinner was pretty involved.

Meh to Tommy in Flash Back. Meh meh meh.

No mention of Diggle and Felicity. Do not care about flashbacks; watching Oliver pine over Laurel is something I have no interest in.

Of course, I should have figured it out.  These episodes are their love token to Katie Cassidy and since Oliver can't be in love with her in the present, we're going to get it in the past.  Full out Lauriver yearning.  Also explains why Felicity and Oliver have to be at odds in the present since it wouldn't mean anything if he was with Felicity now.

MMV =  mileage may vary (e.g. people have different interpretations.)

• Love 6

Of course, I should have figured it out.  These episodes are their love token to Katie Cassidy and since Oliver can't be in love with her in the present, we're going to get it in the past.  Full out Lauriver yearning.  Also explains why Felicity and Oliver have to be at odds in the present since it wouldn't mean anything if he was with Felicity now.

I hope Oliver sees Tommy and Laurel making out like fools. I would laugh and laugh and laugh. Cut to present day Ray and Felicity making out like fools because PARALLELS

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

I don't think its going to be as bad as MG is making it either. 

With all the hints about Oliver aligning with Malcolm and Felicity against Malcolm, I can see that being the conflict between them. And I get the impression its a 'so close but so far' kind of situation. I think its going to be one big tease. Oliver and Felicity make strides to be together and the fans get their hopes up before they have a big blow out. And just like Oliver told Felicity in reverse that he loved her when he put the brakes on the relationship, she is going to do something similar. If the Felicity and Oliver scene is the last of the episode, it would also go with SA's reactions 'Yeah!…Oh no'

• Love 2

So does Thea know Oliver's secret by that episode? Roy does tell her to stay away from Malcolm in episode 13  so maybe she learns everything

Edited by ban1o

Thanks Statsgirl that what I was thinking MMV meant and I think the same thing as your post

• Love 1

His secret as The Arrow or his secret that he's dead?  Neither I think.

At this point, I think Team Arrow is leaving it up to Malcolm to tell her but Roy can't make him.  (I wish we had a scene of Diggle & Felicity delivering truth tea but helping Laurel lie to Quentin just lost them their right to be virtuous.

I hope Oliver sees Tommy and Laurel making out like fools. I would laugh and laugh and laugh. Cut to present day Ray and Felicity making out like fools because PARALLELS

I laughed when I read that. And then I wondered sadly when this show became about the worst possible  tropes.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit regarding Ray/Felicity

His secret as The Arrow or h is secret that he's dead?  Neither I think.

At this point, I think Team Arrow is leaving it up to Malcolm to tell her but Roy can't make him.  (I wish we had a scene of Diggle & Felicity delivering truth tea but helping Laurel lie to Quentin just lost them their right to be virtuous.

That's he's the Arrow. I'm just wondering how it could all be explained without her knowing anything but I guess there's a way. 

I guess they both have unfinished business with Slade because of Moira though. Too bad she's not in this episode.  

Edited by ban1o

So does Thea know Oliver's secret by that episode? Roy does tell her to stay away from Malcolm in episode 13  so maybe she learns everything

I wonder if it's going to be like The Promise with Slade just taunting the shit out of Oliver with vague statements, Oliver worried about what he's up to, that he's going to tell Thea everything. The Promise was a dud overall, but I really did love everything in the mansion (except for the fact that Team Arrow was too stupid to check and see if he left behind, YOU KNOW, CAMERAS). 

I wonder if it's going to be like The Promise with Slade just taunting the shit out of Oliver with vague statements, Oliver worried about what he's up to, that he's going to tell Thea everything. 

Yeah this is possible and probably what the writers will do 

Edited by ban1o

One can only hope...

Also (since I'm hoping here), how about the Oliver and Thea relationship gets lots of screen time in the back half of the season? It needs focus and repair. 

• Love 5

One can only hope...

Also (since I'm hoping here), how about the Oliver and Thea relationship gets lots of screen time in the back half of the season? It needs focus and repair. 

Yeah I'm guessing this episode will do a lot to repair their relationship. I mean, they'll be like stuck together lol. Thea will get a ton of screen time in this episode probably. 

Not too sure how Dig and Felicity would fit in this episode though. They probably won't get much screen time. 

Edited by ban1o

I still don't get how this is his favorite scene. It disturbs me. He seems to like Olicity but yet he seems to want people against them or he don't get this is depressing. Oliver has to do something to piss her off and she lashes out saying stuff she don't mean.

He said it's his favorite scene because Stephen and Emily are so good in it.

I wonder if the parallels won't be there but with a different outcome. In the past he sees them making out and accepting it, but in the present he will want to "fight" for Felicity? Proving that while he loved Laurel, his love for Felicity is different? 

Edited by HighHopes

He said it's his favorite scene because Stephen and Emily are so good in it.

You know, just because she tells him to "leave her alone romantically" or whatever "I don't want to be a woman you love," means doesn't mean that's where the conversation ends. Maybe she provides a list of reasons why she feels how she feels and Oliver tells her he's going to prove her wrong. 

• Love 5

You know, just because she tells him to "leave her alone romantically" or whatever "I don't want to be a woman you love," means doesn't mean that's where the conversation ends. Maybe she provides a list of reasons why she feels how she feels and Oliver tells her he's going to prove her wrong.

If I remember correctly, MG said something about his eyes watering or some such. So there is more than a hug, a line and bye. What that is I have no idea.

I wonder if the parallels won't be there but with a different outcome. In the past he seems them making out and accepting it, but in the present he will want to "fight" for Felicity? Proving that while he loved Laurel, his love for Felicity is different? 

I would accept that. It would fit with how I view the Oliver and Laurel relationship in S1. I never felt that Laurel was a part of his plan when he came back. We know he loved her, but it just felt like a lot of guilt.

Either way though, we are going to get some type of parallel. Per MG, we know that Slade is going to talk about Felicity. And he was one the island when Oliver still looked at that picture. Before Oliver got with Shado and forgot about Laurel of course.

As an Olicity shipper, I would love that. But MG would have to be totally missing the mark if he thought Olicity shippers would be mad at that. Must I know would love that.

Edited by 10Eleven12

Ok, in the face of sure hair ripping torture that will happen in 3.12 where this time it is Felicity to send Oliver packing, I've decided to look on the Brightside.  They will tear us down but after that, all we can go is up!  So 3.12 we get a hug and then a to go order of angst and we know it's going to be piping hot and plentiful and then in 3.13 Laurel will fight her Sara and at least we have her getting beat up in the beginning to look forward to. That will be the darkest night and after that, it's bound to get better.

By having Felicity say stay away romantically, perhaps we can recreate a "normal" interaction between Oliver and Felicity.  Since this time it will be Oliver pining after Felicity, I expect their interaction to be lighter than 3a. And even if she says no to a romantic relationship, those feelings are still going to be bubbling up in the workplace so back to teamy goodness hopefully. 

That said, since we can assume "worse case scenario" are the writer's watch words, I expect Ray and Felicity are going to start dating and yes that will include a lunge because self imposed choice or not, Ray is rebound guy and rebounds come with a lot of bad judgment.  BUT once they get together then the show will start pulling them apart and so the Ray scenes will become easier to take and we know that Oliver starts interacting with him a lot more and that is bound to be good. 

If we can just get through the very rough patch that is coming, (2 maybe three more episodes) then it feels to me that the show has to finally start heading back into its upswing in regards to interpersonal interaction.  I'm going to hold on to that hope.  Really, it's the waiting that is killing us, once it has actually happened it can't be worse than what we've imagined.  

• Love 7

As an Olicity shipper, I would love that. But MG would have to be totally missing the mark if he thought Olicity shippers would be mad at that. Must I know would love that.

That's why this is difficult to gauge, because I think he thinks that them not being together is what would make us mad. When I think most of us expect that. It's just the manner in which it happens that has to do with the angry making. 

ARROW

“The Return” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

THE RETURN OF DEATHSTROKE AND TOMMY MERLYN — Malcolm (John Barrowman) puts Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Thea (Willa Holland) in a dangerous situation that lands them on Lian Yu with Oliver’s former enemy, Deathstroke (guest star Manu Bennett). 

holy shit.. WHAT!!! okay that episode just became ten folds interesting (and I was already interested in it to begin with.

so.. Thea knows right? or will finally find out? because god-damn-it!!

• Love 1

I wanted an episode focused on Team Arrow and Slade, but I will accept one with Oliver/Slade/Thea.

It would be fun for Slade to break out of prison and set up Slade v. Oliver/Thea on the island.

• Love 1

Slade owns the truth tea.  Where is he when Quentin needs him?

Felicity won't get sidelined, we'll just only see her with Ray.

Even worse, IMO.  I thought there was nothing worse than Felicity only having 2 lines in The Promise, till I saw her scenes with Ray in Midnight City.

Ray is rebound guy and rebounds come with a lot of bad judgment.  BUT once they get together then the show will start pulling them apart and so the Ray scenes will become easier to take and we know that Oliver starts interacting with him a lot more and that is bound to be good. 

If we can just get through the very rough patch that is coming, (2 maybe three more episodes) then it feels to me that the show has to finally start heading back into its upswing in regards to interpersonal interaction.  I'm going to hold on to that hope.  Really, it's the waiting that is killing us, once it has actually happened it can't be worse than what we've imagined.  

It's so sweet how you think it won't hurt (to paraphrase Malcolm).

They didn't pull apart Oliver and Sara once they got together, it was six episodes of kisses in front of Felicity and sleeping together until they suddenly went boom!  And if Oliver is interacting with Ray a lot, that means really uncomfortable (for me) scenes of jealousy/awkwardness as Oliver works with Ray while Felicity is dating him.

I don't expect it to get any better until ep 18 when Felicity is in the hospital (because there is no trope too old and hairy for this show to use).  That's 7 episodes of Ugh coming up.

• Love 3

I really don't get how it's his favorite scene? Cause he thinks it's good angst. How is pissing off Oliciters a big size of the fandom good angst.

Because MG is a hack. I understand we can't get a Vince Gilligan on every show, but I do expect a basic level of competence. MG is NOT meeting that standard. Based on his Tumblr interactions, he clearly gets off on riling up the audience. I don't actually have a bad opinion of that as he needs people talking about his show, so goal accomplished. But he's definitely coming off like a troll. 

Oh Gawd, this sounds awful, and I suspect you are correct. Way to kill my enthusiasm for Tommy. 

If Thea doesn't know I'll be shocked if Slade doesn't inform her.

It's that time of year for Slade to start his Truth Bomb 2015 Tour. Bring it!

Also, I've been slowly writing a smutty Olicity fic in which "Fauxlicity" is used, so I appreciate seeing it here. 

• Love 3

Someone on Tumblr asked MG about when Oliver realized he loved Felicity and (I think) with something along the lines of "I'll let you be the judge, but I'm curious about what you'll think after 3x14)." I wonder if Slade tells Oliver something about Felicity regarding her kidnapping, like...I don't know, something he said to her about Oliver loving her since he mentioned he thought Oliver preferred stronger women, or some kind of conversation they had that will shed some light on how Felicity feels for Oliver and maybe deepen the feelings he has for her, since it seems like they won't be in a very good place at that point in time. 

• Love 2

Someone on Tumblr asked MG about when Oliver realized he loved Felicity and (I think) with something along the lines of "I'll let you be the judge, but I'm curious about what you'll think after 3x14)." I wonder if Slade tells Oliver something about Felicity regarding her kidnapping, like...I don't know, something he said to her about Oliver loving her since he mentioned he thought Oliver preferred stronger women, or some kind of conversation they had that will shed some light on how Felicity feels for Oliver and maybe deepen the feelings he has for her, since it seems like they won't be in a very good place at that point in time. 

Or I wonder if Felicity said something to Slade during the kidnapping. Can we get a flash back to Slade and Felicity? I think that would be a fascinating scene.

• Love 5

I just checked Marc's Tumblr and he said he was surprised by the reaction the audience had to Laurel using Sara's voice to fake Lance and said he "underestimated that reaction for sure". So he can't obviously predict how fans will react that well, so I'm hoping his "throw things at the TV" prediction and how he will have to hide from Twitter and Tumblr is completely wrong too, and we will actually not hate him? 

• Love 1

Or I wonder if Felicity said something to Slade during the kidnapping. Can we get a flash back to Slade and Felicity? I think that would be a fascinating scene.

Yeah, I really want to know what they talked about, if anything. I'd love to see that scene, but mostly I want him to hear about it straight from Slade's mouth, because you know Felicity would know he beat himself up over doing it, and she'd never tell him how difficult/scary it was for her.

Also, I've been slowly writing a smutty Olicity fic in which "Fauxlicity" is used, so I appreciate seeing it here. 

please let me know when it is done.. cause that sounds like something i would be interested in reading (plus I love Fringe so anything Fringe based is awesome)

Edited by foreverevolving