Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

From Laurel Brown:

"Brandon Routh makes his entrance not at Queen Consolidated, but at a location that may make you think of his previous gig, Chuck. Also, his interaction with Felicity? It doesn’t go as expected."

So that precedes QC. Interesting. So that's why we didn't get any of her face when he's all "Love your company." Her reaction would indicate she's already met him.

Edited by thecatbastet

Re: clip

I wasn't sure if I wanted Arrow to kick Ollie's arse or Ollie to kick Arrow's.

I was glad to see a new Vertigo, though why they need one I don't understand. Unpopular opinion maybe, but I think Vertigo was my least favourite (and the ham and cheesiest) villain thus far.  I couldn't take that actor or those episodes seriously at all.  The over-the-top performance just took me out of the show and made me laugh in bewilderment (much the way some scenes of a certain other character can do).  Let's see if the new Vertigo does any better.

I absolutely love how everyone refers to Felicity's new workplace as "Buy More," like it is a given.

Looks like a lot of people have had a rewatch of Chuck this summer - including Arrow writers.

• Love 4

Perhaps, it'll also be at that hospital hallway where Oliver and Felicity will have their raw discussion. And Oliver initiates one last/(first) kiss before he, in an attempt to be noble but is really just him making stupid choices for others again, lets Felicity go. And Felicity understands where he's coming from but doesn't agree with him. The ball is in his court because, as much as she might not know completely how she feels, if he won't let himself be happy with her then she's not going to wait forever for him.

I was thinking the talk would be in the lair but in the hospital corridor after the baby is born makes it much more poignant a place close the door on a relationship, followed by a first, and only, kiss full of everything they want to say but can't..  And it can also relate to the angsty photos in the next episode because Oliver pushes Felicity away and she could be upset that he's pushing both of them away and determined to be on his own.

Also, since the Arrow v. Vertigo v. Oliver v. Vertigo fight takes place in a tattoo parlor, I wonder if the drug is being administered through tattoo ink, and that's how that younger guy that we saw in the previews comes into play? If so, he'd probably be the kind of douchebag who would spell your tat wrong or give you a kanji that reads "asshole" when you asked for "warrior" or something. And then to go through that and have to see your biggest fears? Rude!

This version of vertigo must be a two-fer and require you to purchase something that stops the hallucinations, since I can't imagine there would be any repeat users after that kind of high (wasn't the last one like that?). If not, Starling City is full of the worst businessmen.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Arrow vs Oliver - holy cow, that was so well choreographed - I watched it 3 times and am always impressed with how well this show does stunts, especially with SA and his stunt double.  Great camera work in that whole scene, too.

I'm liking the new Vertigo already.

I rewatched "Chuck" - Season 1 this summer!

I've given up trying to figure out the order in which things are happening in the first episode.  I suppose it's like one giant puzzle right now - I see all the pieces but have little idea how they all fit together.  Hoping for more pieces that I don't know about.

How I wish to wake up in the morning and find out that it's Wed. 

Arrow vs Oliver - holy cow, that was so well choreographed - I watched it 3 times and am always impressed with how well this show does stunts, especially with SA and his stunt double.  Great camera work in that whole scene, too.

No kidding. SA has been pretty coy about the "version of himself that scares the shit out of Oliver," presumably because he wanted it to be a surprise (Which, surprise! Watch it four days before the episode airs!). That's the only reason I can figure for why he hasn't hyped that scene up more, because it was incredible. 

Also, there's something about Oliver kicking ass in a suit that's unbearably hot. I'm sad he wont have QC back immediately because now I want to watch him wail on people in the boardroom every week.

• Love 3

Also, there's something about Oliver kicking ass in a suit that's unbearably hot. 

In my imagination...reality, on the other hand... at one of the cons he said that when they shot the scene where the LoA comes for Sara at the Queen manor, he ripped his pants doing the fight scene.  I guess normal clothes don't allow for a lot of ass kicking.

yes, the fight was all kinds of hot but I am kinda pissed that they leaked it. Putting it all together, the sneak peaks and promos do not have more than 4 minutes out of an actual 42 minute episode but between the cons, photos and promos, they have given away far too much.

I would've preferred if I was shocked and awed by the first Olicity kiss and this epic fight. That obviously did not mean that I have not watched it three times already.

• Love 4

BTW has anyone managed to understand what does Vertigo is saying right before he sticks that needle into Oliver?

is he saying "i'm the disciple" or "Werner Zytle"? i feel like it's the second one, but i'm unsure.

FYI, that evil smirk Stephen is doing when the face shifts from the count to Oliver...

yea the one you can kind of see in the pic below:

VQjkh9n.png

Super scary and super sexy. So someone please give Stephen a role where he plays a sadistic evil guy. It needs to happen.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 2

Yeah, I'm surprised because we were lead to believe it would happen in S3, I think David Ramsey mentioned it in an interview (back in S2). I wonder if they got distracted from HIVE with the Suicide Squad as their new toy?

No H.I.V.E. yet?! I thought maybe there would be a hint of it in the Corto Maltese episode because isn't that where Deadshot was based? I am really disappointed about this. I hope they figure it into late s3 somehow.

• Love 1

BTW has anyone managed to understand what does Vertigo is saying right before he sticks that needle into Oliver?

is he saying "i'm the disciple" or "Werner Zytle"? i feel like it's the second one, but i'm unsure.

FYI, that evil smirk Stephen is doing when the face shifts from the count to Oliver...

yea the one you can kind of see in the pic below:

VQjkh9n.png

Super scary and super sexy. So someone please give Stephen a role where he plays a sadistic evil guy. It needs to happen.

Well, he played Joran van der Sloot in "Justice for Natalee Holloway".  I didn't see it but ...

Just when you thought there couldn't be another spoilery article about the new season, here's another one with tidbits from Guggenheim. 

I find myself newly intrigued by Quentin's storyline. And damn. I need to see this kiss like I need to breathe. Gimme!

• Love 2

Just when you thought there couldn't be another spoilery article about the new season, here's another one with tidbits from Guggenheim. 

I find myself newly intrigued by Quentin's storyline. And damn. I need to see this kiss like I need to breathe. Gimme!

All of this, and I find myself morbidly curious about that whole Oliver and Laurel paragraph. It seems like they're (the producers) admitting it's over between them romantically - is it too much to hope that O/L admit this too? I guess we'll find out in ep 6 (wasn't there a dialogue tease about 'we used to date' or something for that ep?)? I'm also really interested in what they're going to do with Ray (and seriously, what's with the porcupine farts?). Basically, I'm just interested and having difficulty waiting the, oh...40-ish more hours until this damn show premieres!

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Yeah that was interesting that Guggenheim seemingly puts the nail in the coffin over Oliver and Laurel as lovers. I'm glad one of the EPs admits that a man and woman can have a meaningful bond on the show without it being sexual...PROGRESS!

So happy they aren't going to sweep Quentin's injury under the rug.

2 more days!

All of this, and I find myself morbidly curious about that whole Oliver and Laurel paragraph. It seems like they're (the producers) admitting it's over between them romantically - is it too much to hope that O/L admit this too? I guess we'll find out in ep 6 (wasn't there a dialogue tease about 'we used to date' or something for that ep?)? I'm also really interested in what they're going to do with Ray (and seriously, what's with the porcupine farts?). Basically, I'm just interested and having difficulty waiting the, oh...40-ish more hours until this damn show premieres!

Isn't there a scene in 3x06 with Oliver and Laurel and Wildcat in a strip club? Or outside of a strip club? That has got to be the scene Guggenheim is talking about.

I wish I could hibernate until the premiere.

Super scary and super sexy. So someone please give Stephen a role where he plays a sadistic evil guy. It needs to happen

Stephen has always said he wants to play a villain.

Edited by catrox14

BzRbLZFCcAACT3v.png

I think it refers to this.

There was a fan set when they were filming those scene infront of the strip club. And she said they were filming a scene between L,O & WC.

Yeah, I figured MG was referring to the "we used to date" line but I never heard that Ted/Laurel were part of that scene. Only photos I saw were of SA alone or with fans.

JR Ramirez has a fan made video on his Twitter titled "Wild Canary", he seems pretty excited about promoting them as a couple. Not sure if it's been posted but he confirmed his first appearance is in the 3rd episode.

JR Ramirez has a fan made video on his Twitter titled "Wild Canary", he seems pretty excited about promoting them as a couple. Not sure if it's been posted but he confirmed his first appearance is in the 3rd episode.

Yes, please. Promote the heck out of that pairing!

Oliver will have a formidable foe when it comes to Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh), who first encounters Felicity at her day job and later becomes a serious bidder/eventual new owner of Queen Consolidated, which was revealed in the July casting.

So Felicity is working at Buy More (over the five months?) before Oliver makes his pitch to re-acquire QC?

"They were best friends,  they were lovers, they were in love with each other and now they’re post-relationship, but there’s this history there that’s always going to follow them and there’s always going to be a bond between the two of them," he explained. "There’s a scene in episode six where there’s a really good example of that."

That sounds like "Look, Oliver and Laurel are over right now but they have a history so don't get upset every time they have a scene together, okay?"  Later "Roy is now a part of Team Arrow, deal with it."

I really want Quentin to get a good love interest, and not only because I'd like to see a female character on the show over 34.  

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Yes to Quentin getting some action outside of the police station.  I felt so sorry for the guy when he got his hopes up with Dinah only to have them crushed into a million pieces.  I think it would be healthy for him to have something personal to focus on besides his daughters.

• Love 2

Yes to Quentin getting some action outside of the police station.  I felt so sorry for the guy when he got his hopes up with Dinah only to have them crushed into a million pieces.  I think it would be healthy for him to have something personal to focus on besides his daughters.

Or he could get some action inside the police station, if you know what I mean.

• Love 2

Huh, I read that 10/essential Arrow episodes by MG and his comment about The Calm and the mystery that unfolds in the final minutes of 301 has me intrigued.

I think it has to do with Ray Palmer and his intentions.

She's been in Dallas for most of 307 and 308. From what I understand she's back in Van today but no idea if she's filming. If she's in 308 at all it seems like a small role, probably independent of the crossover action.

Maybe the mystery that unfolds at the end is Palmer twisting his mustache as he prepares his plans for the Applied Sciences division of QC.

As for the context of Oliver and Felicity's first kiss, which comes after an intense exchange between the two, Guggenheim had this to say, "I'm very happy with the circumstances under which they have their first kiss. I hope it's unexpected. I hope it plays as unexpected. I hope it plays as emotional."

A goodbye-before-we-start-because-we-can't-have-this kiss then?  I may cry.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

Probably we'll see Ray looking at something that indicates undue interest in Applied Sciences and/or Felicity...didn't we have a much earlier spoiler about Ray possibly having some connection to one of the disasters visited upon QC during one of the finales?

And the first kiss coming at a very intense time...the timeline of this ep is just so confusing to me...an intense first kiss under unknown circumstances, this much more comfortable looking kiss later on, the hug at the date looking quite comfy as well, and the big showdown about their relationship...which I have assumed comes post-explosion?

However, I am so happy that strange new details keep coming out, because I no longer feel like I know everything that is going to happen.

Wait, there are two kisses?  I admit that I am trying not to be too spoiled, so I haven't been reading or watching a lot of the stuff in here recently so that I'll be surprised on Wednesday.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 1

Wait, there are two kisses?  I admit that I am trying not to be too spoiled, so I haven't been reading or watching a lot of the stuff in here recently so that I'll be surprised on Wednesday.

We don't know how many kisses there will be - the more than one kiss theory seems to be based on the belief that Oliver & Felicity's first kiss wouldn't be spoiled in the promos, and the fact that they look like maybe they might've done it before? Not sure if there's more to it than that.

• Love 2

From the KSiteTV post:

I like that Oliver Queen is smiling for a change. No matter the outcome for Oliver and Felicity, I'm reminded of how nice it was, way back in the series' third episode, to finally see Oliver happy.

Hmm...that seems to imply the "little detail" Laurel Brown had tweeted about calling back to their first scene has to do with Felicity making Oliver smile. I know it's been much-debated among the fandom as to whether it was his "first" post-island smile, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least given how much Stephen and the EPs have talked about Stephen breaking character in that moment.

I didn't realize it until just now, but I would looove for Quentin to get a scene with Ra's. I would be on the edge of my seat to see what he would say to the man who turned his daughter into a killer. He might even call Ra's out for raising Nyssa that way, knowing Quentin. But no fighting, because Quentin has been through enough.