Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Any scoop on Arrow‘s Ray Palmer or his relationship with Felicity? — Dana

We know that Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) will make a play for Queen Consolidated, but the way he goes about it is very questionable–and shockingly involves Felicity. Also, would it surprise you that Arrow and Scandal have something in common this season? Once you see Felicity’s new job, you’ll understand.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/03/spoiler-room-walking-dead-gotham-originals-spoilers/

Hearing Guggenheim discuss Ray not shrinking on Arrow but potentially doing it on another show and how they have big plans for the character pretty much answers the question as to whether he'll be much of a love interest for Felicity.  Sounds like he's just a simple roadblock.

I still think he could be important in Oliver's identity journey this season, he's just going to do it normal-sized.

And that quote from Berlanti makes sense to me, considering O&F basically break up after the first ep. It seems like this season they're figuring out if they can be together. Hopefully next season they actually WILL be together.

It makes me less excited for their big break-up talk (can you break up if  you haven't even finished the first date?) because it sounds like it's going to be more "Yeah, love ya. Can't be with ya. Gotta run now." than actually dealing with their emotions.  Guess I'll find out in 5 days.

I still think he could be important in Oliver's identity journey this season, he's just going to do it normal-sized.

It makes me less excited for their big break-up talk (can you break up if  you haven't even finished the first date?) because it sounds like it's going to be more "Yeah, love ya. Can't be with ya. Gotta run now." than actually dealing with their emotions.  Guess I'll find out in 5 days.

I read that Berlanti quote and the whole thing was weird because he was talking about marriage and whatever. Like who bought marriage into the equation? Literally no one. But I think the whole dealing with the finale thing is that the "I love you" was a pretty big thing to just leave up in the air and so they have to deal with whether or not Oliver meant it before they can move on. I saw it as they'll establish that he was telling the truth but then of course everything gets in the way of their happiness together, including Oliver himself. So it pretty much is 'Love ya, can't be with ya, bye!' but hopefully a bit more emotional than that so we have something to root for all season.

Any Arrow scoop that is Roy Harper-related? –Andrew

Showrunner Marc Guggenheim says that Roy is more a member of Team Arrow than ever, and not just because he’s got a mod new Arsenal outfit. “He’s really present and a member of this group, so the trio becomes a quartet,” Guggenheim explains. “And that’s definitely true in Episode 6, [which] is a very Roy-centric episode. It speaks, in some ways, to Episode 212 ['Tremors,' in which Oliver trained his padawan]. I wouldn’t call it a sequel, but they’re thematically related.” All told, the EP says, “What you see in Season 3 is a much more mentor/mentee, master/apprentice relationship. You really see how Oliver is training this kid to be a hero in his own right.”

Any scoop on Arrow‘s Olicity? –Lindsay

The reason behind these angsty Episode 2 photos will be revealed much sooner than you think.

http://tvline.com/2014/10/03/once-upon-a-time-rumbelle-sorcerers-hat/

The reason behind these angsty Episode 2 photos will be revealed much sooner than you think.

Really, you mean the pictures from the episode will be revealed in the episode those pictures are from? I'm shocked. What a great answer. 

• Love 7

Oliver recounts the day he met Felicity (including an incredibly small detail about that encounter).

I'm cursing myself for continuing to read spoilers for "The Calm" ( I swore I'd quit for this last week!), but this made me squeal like a little girl. IIRC, Stephen said in his Nerd HQ Q&A that there would be a callback to their first scene. I can't wait to find out what the incredibly small detail is.

• Love 1

Brandon Routh makes his entrance not at Queen Consolidated, but at a location that may make you think of his previous gig, Chuck. Also, his interaction with Felicity? It doesn’t go as expected.

Is he seriously going to show up at Buy More?

• Love 1

* Laurel has a nice surprise for Oliver that brings yet another smile to his face. (Seriously, so much smiling in this episode!)

That sounds like she is is helping him keep the foundry.  Business partners.

I'm cursing myself for continuing to read spoilers for "The Calm" ( I swore I'd quit for this last week!), but this made me squeal like a little girl. IIRC, Stephen said in his Nerd HQ Q&A that there would be a callback to their first scene. I can't wait to find out what the incredibly small detail is.

He's probably going to remember what she was wearing or what color lipstick she had on or what color her pen was or something, and by the end of the episode someone's going to have to come and hold me as I type from my bed, curled up in the fetal.

That sounds like she is is helping him keep the foundry.  Business partners.

I thought maybe she was going to tell him that Lance was calling off the vigilante task force.

• Love 7

He's probably going to remember what she was wearing or what color lipstick she had on or what color her pen was or something, and by the end of the episode someone's going to have to come and hold me as I type from my bed, curled up in the fetal.

Can we console each other? Because I'm pretty much going to be in the same position D: This wait is killing me!

• Love 1

Really, you mean the pictures from the episode will be revealed in the episode those pictures are from? I'm shocked. What a great answer. 

I think they meant that we might find out what's leading to the angst in episode 2 in the first ep. Either it's O/F related, or Sara gets kidnapped and/or hurt (or any other number of things, you know they're going to end the episode on a damn cliffhanger).

I think they meant that we might find out what's leading to the angst in episode 2 in the first ep. Either it's O/F related, or Sara gets kidnapped and/or hurt (or any other number of things, you know they're going to end the episode on a damn cliffhanger).

Now you got me all scared about Sara and made me wonder about what they could do to her and then I recalled how 3x05 was initially titled "Oracle" and then I freaked a little at them maiming her and turning her into the Oracle thus paving the way for Laurel to become BC so the two end up working together ala BoP...but the showrunners wouldn't do that, would they?  Don't mind me--my mind can run a little wild sometimes.

Now you got me all scared about Sara and made me wonder about what they could do to her and then I recalled how 3x05 was initially titled "Oracle" and then I freaked a little at them maiming her and turning her into the Oracle thus paving the way for Laurel to become BC so the two end up working together ala BoP...but the showrunners wouldn't do that, would they?  Don't mind me--my mind can run a little wild sometimes.

I'm convinced she's going missing - either on her own accord, or by being kidnapped. We know for sure she's got some kind of a secret that she tells Laurel (who wants to tell Lance), so maybe it has something to do with that.

Yeah, in my ideal world, Sara and Nyssa have a plan to escape the LoA and go off the grid to live out their lives together. Then, you know, that plan goes awry and Sara is basically a hostage of Ra's Al Ghul and they spend the season working to find her/get her back. Which they do, and everyone is alive and safe, hurray!

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 6

We just returned from a screening of the Arrow season premiere, and after that screening, Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim answered some questions from the press.

One of the questions that was asked concerned the introduction of Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer in the Arrow season premiere, which is called “The Calm.” Fans of DC Comics, of course, know another side of Ray — he shrinks into the tiny titan known as The Atom. Could shrinking and a blue and red costume be in his TV future on Arrow?

13296“I think anything is possible. My instinct is that if Ray Palmer’s going to shrink, he’ll probably shrink on another show,” Marc Guggenheim told us. “With The Flash in existence, there’s no real compelling reason for us to do super powers on Arrow. We can bring characters to Flash to have super powers. We have plans for Ray that don’t involve shrinking, but our plans for Ray are actually really cool.”

Later, Guggenheim talked about how much fun it is to have Ray Palmer as part of the series. “Ray is a joy to write for, because his banter with Felicity is a lot of fun. It’s a quality of the show that we’ve never seen before,” he said, adding that Ray Palmer’s story will be one of the mysteries of Season 3. Some of Palmer’s plans for Starling City and Queen Consolidated will be revealed in Wednesday’s season premiere.

Any Arrow scoop that is Roy Harper-related? –Andrew

Showrunner Marc Guggenheim says that Roy is more a member of Team Arrow than ever, and not just because he’s got a mod new Arsenal outfit. “He’s really present and a member of this group, so the trio becomes a quartet,” Guggenheim explains. “And that’s definitely true in Episode 6, [which] is a very Roy-centric episode. It speaks, in some ways, to Episode 212 ['Tremors,' in which Oliver trained his padawan]. I wouldn’t call it a sequel, but they’re thematically related.” All told, the EP says, “What you see in Season 3 is a much more mentor/mentee, master/apprentice relationship. You really see how Oliver is training this kid to be a hero in his own right.”

Any scoop on Arrow‘s Olicity? –Lindsay

The reason behind these angsty Episode 2 photos will be revealed much sooner than you think

Any scoop on Arrow‘s Ray Palmer or his relationship with Felicity? — Dana

We know that Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) will make a play for Queen Consolidated, but the way he goes about it is very questionable–and shockingly involves Felicity. Also, would it surprise you that Arrow and Scandal have something in common this season? Once you see Felicity’s new job, you’ll understand.

* Some things to know about Oliver and Felicity’s “explosive” first date: Ollie pulls a reverse Superman with his outfit; both parties are more than a little nervous; Oliver recounts the day he met Felicity (including an incredibly small detail about that encounter).

Arrow Season 3 Spoilers* If you were worried that “Olicity’s” hospital lip-lock would get interrupted by any number of emergencies, fret not. “I’m very happy with the circumstances under which they have their first kiss,” Guggenheim teases. “I hope it plays as unexpected. I hope it plays as emotional.”

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/ray-palmer-on-arrow-will-he-shrink-marc-guggenheim-answers/18943

http://tvline.com/2014/10/03/once-upon-a-time-rumbelle-sorcerers-hat/

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/03/spoiler-room-walking-dead-gotham-originals-spoilers/ 

http://tvline.com/2014/10/03/arrow-season-3-spoilers-oliver-felicity-kiss/

Edited by ban1o

It better be the dubious head-tilt. Because that was awesome

Yes!

And then he tells her that she always could see through his BS, and that's why he knows that she knows that he meant what he said in the mansion, and I'm getting carried away, brb fic-ing it.

• Love 7

And Oliver is not good with foreign substances in his system.  It makes him see things and this version of the drug makes you see what you fear the most – and what Oliver sees is enlightening.

Wow.

So, i wonder if Felicity does get hurt, but that scene that we see of him hovering over her on the table is part of a hallucination (and her being dead). Not that that would necessarily be his worst fear, I'm just trying to put 2+2 together to bide my time until Wednesday.

Also, what?!

Babyland

Diggle and Lila are about to be proud parents of a bouncing baby and this is the episode you get to meet that adorable bundle of cuteness.  Apparently, Felicity can no longer hold the title of the cutest thing on ARROW anymore, but it does not look like she minds one bit.  And once Diggle meets his new daughter, he makes a tough choice that only a parent knows how to make — that it just may be time to hang up his hero-hat now that he has put on his dad-hat.  Fortunately, it is a decision that Oliver approves and he has the perfect replacement partner all picked out.

Edited by apinknightmare

So Dig quits going out on the field?! Whoa. He doesn't quit the team bc he's at the foundry in the 3x02 pics. And then Lyla sends him back on the field in 3x03? I'm so confused.

Yeah, I don't really get that. He must do a real 180 after he meets his daughter, considering he was going toe-to-toe with Oliver when he told Digg he didn't want him in the field anymore.

• Love 1

I actually can see the EPs rationalizing it that they need Dig to step out so they can have ~iconic COMICS! images of Oliver and his sidekick Roy going on missions together, but they freaking better get Diggle back in action STAT.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 1

I'm happy that Diggle's the one to encourage Oliver to ask Felicity out. I was worried it would be one of his ex-girlfriends.

LOL  Doesn't Sara get a line about them needing someone who can see beyond the hero?

I'm glad to see that Diggle is still Oliver's #1 romantic relationship advice-giver.

Interesting that Laurel gets no mention except a reference to Lance's overprotective daughters.

Edited by statsgirl

I think Laurel's surprise for Oliver (that makes him smile) is taking him to see Captain Lance call off the hunt for the vigilante. At least that's my impression of the pictures with Lance/Laurel/Oliver in 301.

This.  Trading Roy for Diggle is NOT cool in my book.  Grrrr.

Honestly shocked by that. Diggle is like Felicity. Irreplaceable. I hope they learn that quickly.

Who said anything about anyone getting married? If anyone is dating this season, I'd hope they date for awhile before thinking about getting married. 

Thea+Chase. I hear wedding bells for the season 3 finale. 

Thea+Chase. I hear wedding bells for the season 3 finale. 

Oh no! There goes my Thea/Cisco ship :( I was going to name them Theasco. Like fiasco. 

(sarcasm)

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5

Interesting that Laurel gets no mention except a reference to Lance's overprotective daughters.

I think we can all agree that it was just the right amount of mention that the character of Laurel deserves.

• Love 4

That's because no one cares about Laurel. Literally all the TV sites (the ones who were privy to an early screening) are talking about is the kiss, the date, Digg, and Ray. Hehe it's glorious. 

Or maybe Laurel isn't in the episode a lot. Which I count as a win too. 

• Love 3

I just don't think Laurel's BC arc or whatever the hell they are planning begins until a few episodes later, mainly when she meets Ted Grant. And all the media sites have only seen 301 so obviously they are going to be talking about that episode. Everyone seemed to love it though so I'm pretty excited.

And yet I can't help but notice that not one - not one - of these articles discussed the really important questions, like: Does Oliver take his shirt off?  Did the salmon ladder survive?  Will we see Diggle's bare arms in this episode?  

Sigh. To think that this is what passes for investigative journalism these days.

• Love 6

Didn't someone point out that Oliver is wearing the same sweater when he asks her out as when he met her?  Not that I read obsessive details.  Who me?

Sara’s back and she has a secret mission.  And just who is she sharing that secret with?  Well, let’s just say that girl knows how to keep a secret!

So, Sara is back in Starling for a secret mission? I'm assuming this is Laurel that Sara, apparently, tells her secret to? But, um, Laurel knows how to keep a secret? Er... Found out Malcolm cut Tommy off and, later, blurts out, in an awkward and embarassing scene, to his best friend that Tommy needed a job; found out Moira had an affair with Malcolm via Donner's research and promptly violates legal ethics to tell her; found out Quentin was trying to get back together with his ex-wife and promptly embarrases her dad by blurting out his intentions in the dinner from hell; found out Oliver is the Arrow via Oliver's arch-nemesis (Gossip Girl-style) and almost informs her father the cop until said father pretty much told her to keep that ish on the downlow... So, Laurel's track record at secret-keeping? Not exactly on the up and up.

Maybe Diggle just decides to take a short vacation to cuddle with the Digglet and is back the very next episode at the lair? Because hard no to Diggle quitting for a long amount of time or any allusions that he is replaceable, in any way (and especially not by Roy). I'm thinking the seeds of Oliver thinking Digg would be better off not doing vigilante stuff will be planted in the premiere and blow up during those angst-filed spoiler pics from episode 2. Diggle and Oliver's fight (about Oliver being dead ten times over if it weren't for him) is going to hurt a lot.

The Kiss

That’s right Olicity fans, there is an epic kiss that fans have been waiting for – for over two seasons — and what a kiss it is.  ARROW delivers on that front.  It is Felicity Smoak’in awesome!  If you haven’t gone weak in the knees and turned into a big puddle on the floor after that kiss, you are not human and get to the doctor stat.

p9495KW.gif

There's still 5 days to go... Is it too early to start drinking?

• Love 7