Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Seriously i hear the word Felicity out of the mouth of a Flash cast member one more time i am gonna start throwing things.

Why the...frustration?

but alas, the writers actually want Laurel to be likable this season

It frustrates/annoys me they think the way to do that is have her befriend Felicity.

I was actually hoping for Felicity to have at least one strained relationship with one of the main cast members.

Other than Malcolm? ;) ...maybe Thea...how else to show how far she's gone since apparently hurting Felicity is the worst thing one can do per Oliver.

Edited by wingster55

Meh i dont buy too much into the friendly thing. Ausiello just used it to get to the Candice quote. He usually does things like that when he doesnt have the spoiler from the question asked. And if its not quoted i don't believe it. 

I guess I'm in the minority since I'm glad Felicity and Laurel are going to get along. They could dislike each other for very real reasons, but any hint of tension between them would probably ultimately be attributed to some kind of jealousy over Oliver, and I'd rather avoid that if at all possible. I don't really want them to be BFFs or anything, but I'll take that over the other option any day.

• Love 5

I just seen too many interviews of Flash cast discussing the Felicity episode. They have Oliver Queen/Arrow in the pilot it should be focused on that right now. 

Eh most interviews I've watched on youtube don't mention Felicity at all. I think you should stop freaking out. 

When they do mention Felicity it's probably because their asked about it. 

But the'yre asked about it. Do you want them to ignore the questions lol?

Oh an uggh I guess that confirmed that Thea get's her job back at verdant and that's where she meets Chase lol 

Edited by ban1o

But didnt we get the spoiler that Felicity will have issues with L in the lair? And that L will be up in everybody's business? I didn't see any EP use that phrase in connection to the interactions between F & L. So for me this was just Ausiello using the friendly phrase to bridge over to the Flash spoiler. And that was the focus of that spoiler and not the F&L relationship. 

• Love 1

But didnt we get the spoiler that Felicity will have issues with L in the lair? And that L will be up in everybody's business? I didn't see any EP use that phrase in connection to the interactions between F & L. So for me this was just Ausiello using the friendly phrase to bridge over to the Flash spoiler. And that was the focus of that spoiler and not the F&L relationship. 

BAsed on the info we received after I think Laurel being up in everyone's business meant maybe the bad guys business. 

Yeah but people need to distinguish between what is said by a journalist and what actually came from the EPs? Why not use the friendly in quote marks if it came from any one from the show. So for now i just assume it came as a way to connect to the Iris/Felicity relationship. 

I guess I'm in the minority since I'm glad Felicity and Laurel are going to get along. They could dislike each other for very real reasons, but any hint of tension between them would probably ultimately be attributed to some kind of jealousy over Oliver, and I'd rather avoid that if at all possible. I don't really want them to be BFFs or anything, but I'll take that over the other option any day.

Good point.  But then let Diggle or Roy.  There was some friction when Roy joined the Team.  Let's not have a love-fest just because it's Laurel.

Diggle wasn't a fan of hers before. Come on, Digg, I'm counting on you.

I don't recall reading a spoiler about F&L having issues at all, only one that they have a 'nice moment' or something of the like. Colton did say she'd be up in everyone's business, but who even knows what that means.

Ausiello might not have had a direct quote, but there's no doubt in my mind that F&L will be friendly with each other. The writers on this show are absolutely clueless when it comes to writing Laurel, but if they're serious about trying to get people to like her, they'll start by having Felicity like her. Which is...yeah, that's a whole other issue entirely, but I think we can pretty much count on it.

I think with Colton's comment people just assumed because they don't like Laurel she'll be getting into Team Arrow's business but that comment could easily be getting into the bad guys or villains business. 

I think with Colton's comment people just assumed because they don't like Laurel she'll be getting into Team Arrow's business but that comment could easily be getting into the bad guys or villains business. 

I'm trying to find the quote, but I think he did say that she'd be getting into Team Arrow's business.

ETA: Nevermind - he did say that she was meddling in "everyone's business." The way it was phrased, it could mean Team Arrow or it could mean the other "everyone."

Edited by apinknightmare

It would make a better story, if they want Laurel to be more integrated into the show.  Otherwise leave her on the sidelines like Quentin, to be used only when the plot requires.

I'm trying to find the quote, but I think he did say that she'd be getting into Team Arrow's business.

no he didn't. I'm watching the video right now he said she was getting into "everyone's"  business and said she was discovering more secrets than she has thus far.  but didn't specify Team Arrow. Considering the shot of her beating up some guy in the hospital for information probably, I think getting into the bad guys business makes sense. 

Here in the interview in question. Towards the end 

Edited by ban1o

So far there is only word about 1 F/L scene. I just don't want to believe that they will go with befriending Felicity with another of Olivers exes. And it would still feel like: "Well people like F/S friendship lets try to do the same with Felicity & Laurel." 

I remember the interview, but I can't remember the exact wording. Did he use the word "meddling"?

Yeah he did use the word meddling, which kinda has negative connotations But in the trailer she's beating up people in the hospital. I would kinda call that "meddling" lol

Yeah he did use the word meddling, which kinda has negative connotations But in the trailer she's beating up people in the hospital. I would kinda call that "meddling" lol

Agreed, let's leave all judgment till after the first episode airs! Both scenarios are likely. All I can say is that I definitely will dislike Laurel more if she airs the team's dirty laundry to one another without any consent, but if she's doing it to the villain of the weeks, then I don't think I'll mind. At least she's being helpful. 

To me 'meddling' implies she is getting into something that isn't involved in or her concern i.e. Team Arrow. If its bad guys, investigating would have been a better word choice. But we don't really know what Colton Haynes meant, since having Laurel meddle in Team Arrow wouldn't be a great start to the new set up.

I don't want the two main woman on the show to be at odds, but I don't see them as instant friends. I think they would be wary of each other. Laurel because here is this woman who has become such a big part of Olivers life, that he trusts so much. A part she knew nothing about. Felicity because she has seen the negative influence Laurel has had on his other relationships. And the way she turned coat by trying to trap the Arrow.

• Love 1

The juxtaposition of CH talking about what is going to happen when it comes to light that Roy killed two cops with Laurel 'using her smarts' to find out even more information does make it sounds like Laurel will be the one digging that bit up.

I can't see either Diggle, Oliver or Felicity wanting to bring it to Roy's attention.

no he didn't. I'm watching the video right now he said she was getting into "everyone's"  business and said she was discovering more secrets than she has thus far.  but didn't specify Team Arrow. Considering the shot of her beating up some guy in the hospital for information probably, I think getting into the bad guys business makes sense.

I know, that's why I edited my reply.

Edited by apinknightmare

The juxtaposition of CH talking about what is going to happen when it comes to light that Roy killed two cops with Laurel 'using her smarts' to find out even more information does make it sounds like Laurel will be the one digging that bit up.

I can't see either Diggle, Oliver or Felicity wanting to bring it to Roy's attention.

But most people think he finds out in episodes 6 (But it definitely could be earlier, nobody really knows anything. 

I'm not bothered by Laurel and Felicity being friendly but I feel like they need to build up to that. Sadly, with the time jump we won't see that build up. I can see them being on friendly terms because Felicity pretty much accepts everyone at face value (look how much she accepted Sara in the beginning). The one I don't see having an easy friendship with Laurel is Digg but that's only because I feel like Oliver always choosing Laurel in s1 made him wary of her influence over him. If Digg and Laurel are suddenly BFF's I will call bullshit on that tbh.

I wouldn't mind a bit of tension between everyone though. It can't always be easy and I imagine having two extra members on the team would mean they have to alter the way they do things.

• Love 2
I don't want the two main woman on the show to be at odds, but I don't see them as instant friends. I think they would be wary of each other. Laurel because here is this woman who has become such a big part of Olivers life, that he trusts so much. A part she knew nothing about. Felicity because she has seen the negative influence Laurel has had on his other relationships. And the way she turned coat by trying to trap the Arrow.

I agree that it wouldn't be instant, but I'd be willing to bet we're going to miss any wariness, since that would have conveniently taken place during the hiatus.

Now I'm going over senarios where Laurel is involved with exposing Roy's role in the cop's death. If she does it by looking into Team Arrow it would cause major drama. That wouldn't cast Laurel in the best light. If she comes across the evidence and than has to cover it up for Team Arrow, I would want her to re think working with Team Arrow (yes Roy was drugged but she is still a proscuter and this isn't putting bad guys away its covering up a cops murder).

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1

Even if Roy was arrested (which I doubt) would he even go to jail? I doubt it, like even if it was real life I'm sure the fact that he had some crazy person drug in him would prevent him from going to jail.  And Olivier has killed a lot more people than Roy lol. He's killed one person Oliver has killed >30. 

Edited by ban1o

One thing I wonder about is when Thea will find out Oliver's secret if she comes back to Starling City. I assume that she'll now Roy is Arsenal, (since she saw the red arrows in his room.) So will she be smart enough to realize that Oliver is the arrow, or will she still not know, even when she's back in Starling City? Also if Thea is back in Starling City and she knows Roy is Arsenal that means to keep Oliver's secret, Roy (and Oliver) will be continuing to lie to her, which is what caused such a mess to begin with. 

Before I thought she would come back to Starling City as Thea Queen which is why I thought her finding out the secret would be delayed until later in the season. But if she's back as Thea Queen as early as episode 6, then how wouldn't she find out? 

I'm fine with female friendship, just not between Laurel and Felicity. They have absolutely NOTHING in common other than Oliver.  And if Felicity is going to be Oliver's love interest knowing that Laurel loved/loves Oliver still it's a stupid friendship for no reason.  Let them be civil to each other but friends?  No point.

• Love 10

I don't know which episode.  I just remember he said that. before SDCC I think.

I'm fine with female friendship, just not between Laurel and Felicity. They have absolutely NOTHING in common other than Oliver.  And if Felicity is going to be Oliver's love interest knowing that Laurel loved/loves Oliver still it's a stupid friendship for no reason.  Let them be civil to each other but friends?  No point.

When you put it like that, it's almost as icky as sister-swapping.

I agree with that, it would be difficult for me to view it as a genuine friendship based on that, I would always think Laurel has an ulterior motive. Unless both KC and EBR say their characters will be friends, I won't put much weight on that spoiler until they're all on the same page because and I'll paraphrase Diggle, they're "not even in the same book."

So 2 girls who have been in a relationship with the same guy can't be friends. LOL. Sara and Felicity don't really have much in common either. Don't see the big deal if they make them friends. Obviously they won't be BFF's or anything but a friendship would be nice. I want the female characters to have more lives outside of Oliver. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

So 2 girls who have been in the relationship with the same guy can't be friends. LOL. Sara and Felicity don't really have much in common either. Don't see the big deal if they make them friends. Obviously they won't be BFF's or anything but a friendship would be nice. I want the female characters to have more lives outside of Oliver. 

Yeah, I really don't get what the big deal is. Them being friends would indicate to me that there isn't going to be any Oliver drama between them (which I don't want), and it would also indicate to me that the writers really are considering not going there with O/L again (which I also don't want). If Laurel's going to be around, I'd rather her be around in a way that doesn't cause unnecessary drama between characters I actually like, and if she can be part of Oliver's romantic past and his friendly present and future, then I don't know that there's anything else I could hope for, apart from her not becoming BC.

This is just wishful thinking on my part, because the only thing that will make me stop watching is if they try make another go of O/L part whatever. I have zero, no...less than zero interest in watching that mess again.

• Love 1

You make a compelling case, ma'am. I'm trying to wonder what I would do in that situation. If a person whom I love, loves another woman, would I be friends with said woman? Probably not, if I'm being honest with myself, I would be super jealous which could affect any growing relationship between me and said woman. It's not that I'm a petty person, I can understand that said woman is a good person, I just wouldn't be friends with her because of the emotional ramifications it would possibly have on me. So I understand what you're saying.

A part of me also feels as though Laurel isn't over Oliver either considering what KC said about Laurel finally learning Oliver's secret and how she loves him more because of it. And knowing Laurel's past about what she did to Sara for liking Oliver and meeting with him at a party, I shudder at the thought of what Laurel would do with Felicity :/ Because I feel like Laurel can be a very jealous woman (just like Felicity). Then again, the writers would not go down the path of Laurel sabotaging F/O because, again, they want the audience to like her this season. 

What I do hope is that they show that L/O are done for good. If so, then I really don't mind seeing a sort of friendship between them. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

I feel like Ausellio was overselling on info he doesn't have to emphasize the info he does: Iris/Felicity admiration society, which I buy because Iris/Barry thing is unrequited right? If it is accurate I hope he over sold genial and cordial as friendly, I know they all sound like the same thing, they mean different things in my head! I want them to be nice to each other, but I don't want them hanging out and chatting about window boob dresses over non alcoholic margaritas.

• Love 1

I feel like Ausellio was overselling on info he doesn't have to emphasize the info he does: Iris/Felicity admiration society, which I buy because Iris/Barry thing is unrequited right? If it is accurate I hope he over sold genial and cordial as friendly, I know they all sound like the same thing, they mean different things in my head! I want them to be nice to each other, but I don't want them hanging out and chatting about window boob dresses over non alcoholic margaritas.

Not sure what level of info Ausiello actually has, but since this show tends to put people they want the audience to like with Felicity, now that Laurel's in on the Arrow dealings, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some not-so-subtle "Felicity likes her, you should too!" messages going on. I'm not expecting them to be besties or anything, but I am expecting them to have a friendly rapport.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

So 2 girls who have been in the relationship with the same guy can't be friends. LOL. Sara and Felicity don't really have much in common either. Don't see the big deal if they make them friends. Obviously they won't be BFF's or anything but a friendship would be nice. I want the female characters to have more lives outside of Oliver.

Laurel has been rude to Felicity every time they have been around each other. She side-eyes Felicity, was dismissive of her in Lair O Arrow and was drunken rude to her at Verdant. I find no compelling reason why Felicity should be friends with Laurel when Laurel has never been nice to her that I can remember.  That alone never mind the Oliver connection eliminates a believable friendship to me.  Unless Laurel becomes a completely different person I don't see her being anything but smug with Felicity. 

As to Sara and Felicity, Sara was always cool to Felicity, never disrespected her and was concerned for her when she saw Felicity was feeling insecure.

• Love 3

Sorry, I don't have the link for SA saying Oliver would come clean with Thea. I have the vague impression it was at the upfronts but my bad memory...

So 2 girls who have been in a relationship with the same guy can't be friends. LOL. Sara and Felicity don't really have much in common either. Don't see the big deal if they make them friends. Obviously they won't be BFF's or anything but a friendship would be nice. I want the female characters to have more lives outside of Oliver. 

Sara was nice to Felicity from the moment she entered the lair.  She was the one who taught Felicity a better way to punch and sewed her up.  They were two women against the guys.

Laurel's been at best tolerant of Felicity and she strikes me as as a woman who makes friends with men rather than with women, Joanna notwithstanding.

It's not because two women who have been in a relationship with the same guy can't be friends, it's because of who Laurel and Felicity are as characters. I can see them being co-workers, but not taking a bottle of wine over to each other's houses and confessing secrets, whereas I could easily have seen that with Felicity and Sara.

If Oliver gets hurt and they both worry, I can see a complex episode as they each try to deal with how the other one fits into Oliver's life, but I'd rather see that in fanfic than leave it to these writers.

It really does feel like "Felicity likes Laurel so you should too."

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6