Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

And that "soon-ish" about Felicity's storyline from TVLine is just frustrating. 

Well "soonish" is Ausi not WM/MG and that quote is like a month old. It's not like WM said soonish or gave a time frame for Felicity's arc. The only quote talks about the ideas behind the arc.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
Just now, calliope1975 said:

It feels like Felicity's island is literal. Oliver doesn't acknowledge they were together. Diggle barely acknowledges she's in the room. She has no job. She has no friends. She barely had a Mayo. She hangs out in the lair. An "island" should be more than being isolated, and that's besides the argument I would make that she's been through her own personal island years prior. 

Huh. That's true. Oliver had more people there for him when he was on an actual island. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I wonder if Thea is going to take the fall for Oliver and leave the Mayors office.

I think they kind of set that up back when the whole Susan crap started where she was going to say that she fucked up with Susan at a press conference and step down.  So it's not like they kind of haven't set up a precedence.

• Love 1

I feel like that's exactly what will happen: Thea will double down on her Moira-ness, something will happen that will make her feel guilty, she'll take the blame for Oliver's failings as mayor, quit her job, and possibly/probably leave town, feeling like there isn't a place for her there anymore.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

I found it curious that Dig knew about  Christopher Chance aka Human Target.

Especially since Anatoly hired Human target in Russia to protect and shadow Oliver when he became the member of the Bratva. 

It strikes me as very odd that HT would hire out his services to Russian maffia and Argus.  Is HT always a good guy in the comics?

Just now, weathered1 said:

I feel like that's exactly what will happen: Thea will double down on her Moira-ness, something will happen that will make her feel guilty, she'll take the blame for Oliver's failings as mayor, quit her job, and possibly/probably leave town, feeling like there isn't a place for her there anymore.

If she leaves in 516, how many episodes would she have left?

9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I wonder if Thea is going to take the fall for Oliver and leave the Mayors office.

Yeah, I can see this happening. And I'll just be frustrated. Because then other than Oliver and Lance, the only ones with jobs will be the newbies who had the jobs basically handed to them? While Felicity and Diggle (and Curtis) are just in the lair and Thea's going to be MIA until she returns to finish out the rest of her 14 episodes for the season? 

3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

If she leaves in 516, how many episodes would she have left?

She was from memory in 1,2,3,8,9,13,14,15,16

Thats 9 eps from my memory so she still has 5 episodes. 

(edited)
6 minutes ago, weathered1 said:

Thea will double down on her Moira-ness, something will happen that will make her feel guilty, she'll take the blame for Oliver's failings as mayor,

What's funny about that is if his corruption extends to the murder cover up and possibly his blackmail of Councilman Collins, those aren't even technically his failings since Chase was the one who covered up the murder - Oliver told him to stop. And HTOliver was the one who blackmailed the councilman, not real Oliver. I know ultimately that doesn't matter (and might even be the point) but LOL, oh show. 

4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Because then other than Oliver and Lance, the only ones with jobs will be the newbies who had the jobs basically handed to them?

If Oliver isn't mayor anymore, then Lance and Rene would be out of a job. And Dinah would be off what appears to be the mayor's security detail and back as a plain old police officer. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

It feels like Felicity's island is literal. Oliver doesn't acknowledge they were together. Diggle barely acknowledges she's in the room. She has no job. She has no friends. She barely had a Mayo. She hangs out in the lair. An "island" should be more than being isolated, and that's besides the argument I would make that she's been through her own personal island years prior. 

S4 alone should've been enough of an island for her. Shot and paralyzed. Lied to by her fiancé and then broke off their relationship. Her friend/team mate died. Havenrock happened. And this is not counting everything that happened before Team Arrow - all that stuff with her dad and Cooper. 

But only now she has an island to help understand Oliver better?! *eye roll*

1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

She was in 5 - she told HTOliver that Susan was poison. 

Okay- was she in 4,6,7? I don't remember her being in 7 but In completely blanking on 4 and 6

(edited)
8 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

If Oliver isn't Mayor, wouldn't Quentin as Dept Mayor take over?

He wasn't elected, so I'm not sure. It seems to me like the guy appointed by the guy who just got impeached for corruption might not be the best successor.

ETA: Not that that matters for Arrow.

Edited by apinknightmare

No one said Willah will just be in 14 episodes, just that when you are a regular you get to appear in at least 14 episodes. I think Marc was misunderstood

1 minute ago, ARLES said:

No one said Willah will just be in 14 episodes, just that when you are a regular you get to appear in at least 14 episodes. I think Marc was misunderstood

Marc Guggenheim said she was in 14 of 23 episodes this season.

“Everyone’s, like, ‘where’s Thea?’ Well, Willa’s [in] 14 out of 23 episodes this year. She’s not in all 23. That’s not her contract. So we’ve had to write around that,” Guggenheim told reporters.

• Love 4

If they want Quentin to be mayor they'll find a way even if it's not real world accurate. 

But I'm thinking Oliver keeps the mayor title after some machinations from Felicity and Thea. One because it puts Felicity in a place where Helix have something to hold over her in the follow up episode and two because how else will Marc be able to use Oliver and the other characters as a mouth piece for his liberal opinions. 

(edited)

Tbh I kind of like the idea of Thea taking the fall (probably outing herself as the connection to the GA, maybe?) for Oliver being the reason she leaves as a way to wrap up that story. They can reference that Moira didn't only do shady things to protect her family but she also self-sacrificed and that's the Moira that Thea wants to be or something. Ultimately it would be another example of one of the original characters going "too far" (from a narrative stand point, whether it completely gels with the execution is a different story) and Oliver helping them come back (Diggle, to a lesser extent Lance), while setting up the final main character he has to confront about this repeated arc, Felicity, and setting up his ultimate fighting against Prometheus, making sure that everyone around him doesn't fall apart. Plus, it's yet again conveniently getting rid of a character who knows what Pandora is when it would very easy to bring it up.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

He wasn't elected, so I'm not sure. It seems to me like the guy appointed by the guy who just got impeached for corruption might not be the best successor.

Exactly. And also consider the fact that there's probably no one in Star City who wants the job. Unless they decide to have everyone forget what happened to the previous mayors. 

I agree that actual laws and procedures don't mean a thing to the show. When a mayor steps down or is booted from power in a place like NYC, I've read that the public advocate steps in. In other places, the city council president is interim mayor. In both of those instances, I think (but I'm not sure) that the city holds a special election so that the people can choose the next mayor. 

I don't see them actually taking the job away from Oliver, though. 

34 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

An "island" should be more than being isolated, and that's besides the argument I would make that she's been through her own personal island years prior. 

Yeah, she was freaking shot, severely injured, and paralyzed. I guess that's just...no big? 

This frigging show.

• Love 5
(edited)
5 minutes ago, weathered1 said:

I don't see them actually taking the job away from Oliver, though. 

Yeah, I don't think so either. If he gets impeached - again, not that this matters with Arrow - but it seems kinda difficult to get him back into that job, and he doesn't seem to have any other career prospects. I guess if they do out him at some point this season that the idiots of Star City would forgive him pretty easily.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

One, I think.  Two if she leaves at the end of 15. 

1-9 and 13-15 is twelve episodes. 

Was she in the crossover eps? I wonder if they're counting those...if they executed a new contract that ratcheted her down from her usual number to 14, it's entirely possible that the 14 is for ALL her apperances in the Flarrowverse.

17 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Well, the US Pres picks his VP, and if the Pres is impeached and removed then the VP becomes Pres (and then gets to pick his VP).

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 3
(edited)
20 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Okay- was she in 4,6,7? I don't remember her being in 7 but In completely blanking on 4 and 6

Scanning through recaps, she was apparently in 6. Can't tell about 4 & 7.

(need to find another recap source)

3 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

Was she in the crossover eps? I wonder if they're counting those...if they executed a new contract that ratcheted her down from her usual number to 14, it's entirely possible that the 14 is for ALL her apperances in the Flarrowverse.

She was in the Flash crossover episode, but not the LoT one.

Edited by Starfish35
29 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

She was from memory in 1,2,3,8,9,13,14,15,16

Thats 9 eps from my memory so she still has 5 episodes. 

21 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Willa was in 1-9 and 13-15. That's 12 with 2 most likely reserved for the finale episodes

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Willa was in 1-9 and 13-15. That's 12 with 2 most likely reserved for the finale episodes

Isn't she in the photos for 16? With Felicity?

Or are they from 15?

4 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

What did I miss? Why are people thinking she's in 16?

That's my mistake. I meant to ask how many episodes she'd have left if she was gone by/before 516.

(edited)
25 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

Well, the US Pres picks his VP, and if the Pres is impeached and removed then the VP becomes Pres (and then gets to pick his VP).

LOL, I'm aware of how the federal government works. My city doesn't have a deputy - we have a vice mayor who was on the ballot. I thought the first person in the line of succession (initially) was always elected, but Professor Google tells me that some municipalities do have appointments first in their line of succession. Cool, Quentin it is then.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

When Felicity says in the clip that Pandora has dirt on "everyone" I wonder if that includes Oliver, and that's what they're holding over her head in 516? Like "do what we ask you to or we'll reveal to the world the mayor is the GA." There's lots of talk about Oliver being outed by the end of the season and everyone assumes Susan is involved, but maybe it's Helix. They could know just as much as Susan (maybe even more) and reveal it to mess with Felicity. Or even better, they're using it to blackmail her, so Oliver outs himself to get Felicity off the hook.

Probably wishful thinking. I just really want to see Oliver do something self-sacrificing or prove that he still cares before they reunite. 

• Love 2

I really, really, really don't want them to do a "I am Green Arrow" story, so I'm hoping all this spec is wrong. However, if they do go for it. I Invision something similar to how Iron Man did it. Where Oliver learns that being has made others better not destroyed their lives and comes out during a press conference.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Trisha said:

When Felicity says in the clip that Pandora has dirt on "everyone" I wonder if that includes Oliver, and that's what they're holding over her head in 516? Like "do what we ask you to or we'll reveal to the world the mayor is the GA." 

The only problem I can think of is that from that scene in 511 it's implied that Helix didn't know that Felicity even worked with the GA, so I would think it would be kind of hard to hold that over her if they don't even know there's a connection (i.e. why would Felicity care about her ex or the mayor if she's getting on board with using the data to tackle corrupt people in power?). They could have just been leaving it out of the conversation and be using it as a "we know about the GA stuff and we're going to reveal it" later, but it's just strange to me to just suddenly add that as a factor after using the lack of acknowledgment for it as a factor for goading Felicity into using Pandora in the first place.

I kind of think it'll just be a power play. They'll cut her off and then Felicity will be desperate to get the access back, since it has been pretty beneficial to her in literally all of the episodes she's had it, possibly desperate enough to do whatever they might want to be revealed in 516. 

I've got nothing for the possible GA reveal, though.  Personally, I'm just kind of pushing away the idea in my mind until I possibly have to deal with it, ha ha.

• Love 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

This better not be about Oliver's love life while he should be focused on his impeachment hearing. Also, dear god, I better not see Oliver trying to win back Susan.

Hopefully someone to Curtis? 

Curtis or Lance to Rene (about Rene's crush on Thea). That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Ugh, Oliver really is gonna try and win back Susan, isn't he? Did he fall and hit his head? Why are they making her out to be something special? IDGI. 

Can't he just let her walk away? You know, like he did with Felicity, "his always."

1 minute ago, Sunshine said:

I was thinking someone to Curtis since Echo has mentioned Curtis trying to save his marriage.  Not sure if it would be Rene or Felicity.   

I hope you're right. I could do without Oliver trying to figure out his love life in the middle of getting impeached. 

Since Oliver being stupid is the current theme of the show I am just going to accept it is Oliver that is looking for advice - since he should be focused on any number of important things like impeachment, Prometheus, etc.

But if it is Felicity who says that line in response to Oliver?  Head.  Explode. 

Really thought - guessing Oliver and Lance.

• Love 1
(edited)

Completely out there but, it would be funny if it was Curtis to Felicity. Or even Curtis to Oliver.

Apologies I'm getting them backwards. Someone (either Oliver or Felicity) says the line to Curtis after Curtis asks for advice 

Edited by Morrigan2575

Isn't Curtis supposed to be winning Paul back? So I'd say Curtis to Rene or Oliver, or really anyone on the team.

Everyone gets story arc and story arc except Felicity.

12 hours ago, Scribbles said:

Prometheus wants to break Oliver by showing him how those close to him are hurt by being close to him.  Thus, they (the writers) need someone close to Oliver, to be the hurtee.  The quandary = finding someone close to Oliver to be the hurt one who hasn't already been targeted so many times it is redundant.  Cue, new love interest who can be someone close to be hurt.  To make the new "someone close to be hurt" interesting, Susan is a shady reporter targeting Oliver herself.  The writers needed new fodder for the villain canon.  The fodder needed to be important enough to Oliver to matter but not so important it meant disposing of a biggie on the show. 

But the writers also needed us to care about the person who gets hurt. Right now, I'd think it was karma.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Isn't Curtis supposed to be winning Paul back? So I'd say Curtis to Rene or Oliver, or really anyone on the team.

Everyone gets story arc and story arc except Felicity.

Felicity's already had a breakup storyline - twice. Three relationship storylines (however half-assed, like Curtis and Paul's has been so far).

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4