Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

That quote makes the whole replacement Black Canary/replacement vagina thing even more gross than it was before, and it was already pretty gross.

What's even more gross is that I think that Olivers saying that to Lance.

If 5x14 is suppose to be the episode that the Team find out about Susan investigating Oliver maybe Felicity uses Pandora to hack Susan an Impeach Mayor Queen is the title of her article she's written but still debating whether to pull the trigger on and publish.

23 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm curious as to who says the Black Canary line? First parts sounds like Diggle but is he talking to Oliver or Felicity?

I think it's Diggle talking to Oliver. I would be really glad if it was anyone who isn't Oliver (although it's still not great, it's a little better that way).

ETA: After reading it again I think the use of "that new girl" = Quentin.

Edited by apinknightmare

Shouldn't Oliver (or Dinah) ask Quentin if he's okay with somebody else stepping into his daughter's legacy? That strikes me as a very logical moment that this storyline needs to have, but sadly, it's probably unlikely that we're going to get it. The Arrow writing staff is simply too shallow to think things through. 

• Love 13

If it's Oliver saying that BC line that will be the grossiest thing ever, especially if he ends to banging the new bird. Like I think I will be too busy laughing at the bad writing and the grossness of it to even be upset that Olicity has ended in that situation.

Seriously writers??????

1 minute ago, strikera0 said:

Shouldn't Oliver (or Dinah) ask Quentin if he's okay with somebody else stepping into his daughter's legacy? 

Considering no one thought to tell Lance, the guy who just got out of rehab, that they recruited someone with the same name as his daughter before he met her? I doubt they even thought to tell him they were looking for a new BC.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Considering no one thought to tell Lance, the guy who just got out of rehab, that they recruited someone with the same name as his daughter before he met her? I doubt they even thought to tell him they were looking for a new BC.

I wonder if he even knows that was Laurel's dying wish when she thought she wasn't dying?

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I wonder if he even knows that was Laurel's dying wish when she thought she wasn't dying?

Yeah, everything Laurel said on her "deathbed that wasn't a deathbed" was just weird.

I almost wish BS had shown up after they recruited Tinah. Could you imagine her pretending to be Laurel? "Oh, you already got a new BC? That was fast?" "Don't you remember? It was your dying wish ... when you didn't know you were dying." "Uh, right. I mean, what? Who says that?" And then BS revealed who she was because she couldn't believe what she was hearing about the person she was supposed to be pretending to be. I think I would've liked seeing that. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah, everything Laurel said on her "deathbed that wasn't a deathbed" was just weird.

I almost wish BS had shown up after they recruited Tinah. Could you imagine her pretending to be Laurel? "Oh, you already got a new BC? That was fast?" "Don't you remember? It was your dying wish ... when you didn't know you were dying." "Uh, right. I mean, what? Who says that?" And then BS revealed who she was because she couldn't believe what she was hearing about the person she was supposed to be pretending to be. I think I would've liked seeing that. 

Forget the show. I can't wait for the first HVFF where both Juliana and Katie are in attendance... in the same panel. 

• Love 3
Just now, apinknightmare said:

I reread, and I think the use of "that new girl" is Quentin - so I think it's Quentin talking to Oliver, and this is going to be where he gives his blessing for someone to take Laurel's name.

Probably. With no mention of that new girl having his wife's name.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Forget the show. I can't wait for the first HVFF where both Juliana and Katie are in attendance... in the same panel. 

Why stop at Katie and Juliana? Make it Caity, Katie and Juliana and we should all be thoroughly entertained. 

• Love 12

Too many Dinah's.....its so confusing...

1 minute ago, strikera0 said:

Why stop at Katie and Juliana? Make it Caity, Katie and Juliana and we should all be thoroughly entertained. 

It's the Canary Panel!

What could possibly go wrong...

• Love 2

I am sure Lance will show no surprise - and why would he?  Oliver found his daughters to be basically interchangeable - that he found yet another woman to rotate in as a replacement is probably no surprise. 

This show is so, so gross sometimes.   On the plus side for me - the more Oliver we get this season the less I want him anywhere near Felicity or Diggle.  The noobies can have Mayor Queen. 

• Love 7

LOL. This 'Dinah as BC' is just so incredibly forced I have to laugh.

I mean, the Canaries always had a bit of a Single White Female vibe anyway, given that Laurel basically took on her sister's mantle (and her blonde wig) but I could somewhat understand that from her wanting to, IDK, not let her legacy die? And she was her sister. But Dinah is a complete stranger with no ties to Laurel or Sara and it is legitimately creepy. I'm sorry but it really is. The 'women are interchangeable' is strong on this show. GROSS. 

Once again I appreciate the spoilers. Yet another episode for me to skip! Cool cool cool.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 17
16 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

Then throw in Stephen and watch the three thirsty birds try and get his attention and head canon which Black Canary has the greatest non existent true love of Green Arrow and then David Ramsey to side eye and throw out sarcastic snark under his breath. Hilarity ensues.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Then throw in Stephen and watch the three thirsty birds try and get his attention and head canon which Black Canary has the greatest non existent true love of Green Arrow and then David Ramsey to side eye and throw out sarcastic snark under his breath. Hilarity ensues.

2/3 CL wouldn't care, she'd actually talk up how Badass  Sara don't need a man! ?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 11

You joke, but I'm totally expecting a Canary Panel at one of the HVFFs.

You know you gotta get that new girl a codename.

How about Tina, since it's already a fake name and she knows to answer to it?  The idea that they're bringing in a new member to replace Lance and they're giving her the same name is completely gross and disrespectful to both Dinah and Laurel.

• Love 1

Thinking about it, the only way I'll be anywhere near okay with the "when she's ready I was considering Black Canary" line is if the rest of it is, "if that's okay with you," with Oliver speaking to Lance. I still can't believe that it sounds like Tinah's going to have no choice about taking on the codename of a woman who died last year that she didn't even know, but that's the show. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, LeighAn said:

I'm also still wondering whether the writers remember they wrote Black Canary on Laurels damn grave! 

I feel like DVDs and YouTube clips are the writers personal nemesis. 

They can just use Wite-Out or a black sharpie. (Totally kidding.) 

They'll probably make it something like, "honoring her legacy by having someone continue on in her name" or whatever for the public. But remember, Star City residents aren't that smart. 

• Love 1

They are writing this whole thing as clunkily (is that a word?) as they can. Surely, they could think of a reason that doesn't sound weird/lazy/gross to give her the BC moniker, or at least make it her choice, but....nope. Evidently not. 

I'm going to have to say - and I totally understand that mileage varies and why it does, in this particular case - that I don't find JH to be at all like KC (whom I dislike. Intensely.), and I also don't think SA acts like his usual "I wish they would replace me with a cardboard cutout because I hate this material and scene partner" self in scenes with her. Regarding the former, all JH did was restate the talking point about the emotional connection that was used to talk the character up in the first place. It's not as though she's going around saying that GA/BC is the bestest love story evah and she can't wait to get the ball rolling with it.

Back to the main discussion point: I fully agree that the conversation is between Oliver and Lance, and I 100% think it ends with Lance giving his blessing to give Dinah the BC name. It will also probably include something like, "It's what Laurel would've wanted," or "It would make Laurel proud," or . . . blah blah blah. 

9 minutes ago, weathered1 said:

I'm going to have to say - and I totally understand that mileage varies and why it does, in this particular case - that I don't find JH to be at all like KC (whom I dislike. Intensely.), and I also don't think SA acts like his usual "I wish they would replace me with a cardboard cutout because I hate this material and scene partner" self in scenes with her.

KC was IMO genuinely terrible in the role. She was particularly bad at action scenes, and she had the anti-chem thing, but she was so rigid and brittle and just awful from the very beginning. From the few clips I've seen JH seems competent to me, which in this case is a huge improvement.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, AyChihuahua said:

KC was IMO genuinely terrible in the role. She was particularly bad at action scenes, and she had the anti-chem thing, but she was so rigid and brittle and just awful from the very beginning. From the few clips I've seen JH seems competent to me, which in this case is a huge improvement.

I could not possibly agree more. I tried to give KC a chance - I really did - but she was just terrible in the role, from start to finish. I cannot overstate how miscast I thought she was. 

JH, OTOH, actually seems able to interact with people and portray more than one emotion, which are not things I ever, *ever* felt were true of KC.

• Love 2

Stephen has yet to smile is a scene with Juliana even in scenes that probably call for him to smile and does that thing where he talks to her without actually looking her in the eye and when she touched his hand in the car scene in ep 12 he got that why is she touching me look.   

I wouldn't call it as anti chemistry as KC but if he's suppose to be having romantic or the precursor to romantic chemistry with her he's putting very little effort whatsoever into it and in comparison to how he is with Emily he and Juliana come off bland and second rate. But different strokes for different folks *shrug*

• Love 7

It's interesting how subjective it is, isn't it? There are some who truly don't think there's any chemistry there. Others see it. Some think SA doesn't like his scenes with her. Others see him acting engaged by her and the material, with his expressions and reactions fitting the material and context. I guess it just it what it is, depending on the person and viewpoint, and we'll all just have to see where it goes. 

• Love 3

All I see for sure is JH being super sultry in her scenes with pretty much everyone. Smolder City 24/7 with that one.  It's tough to get a read on what's supposed to be going on when she looks like she wants to jump everyone's bones, haha. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

All I see for sure is JH being super sultry in her scenes with pretty much everyone. Smolder City 24/7 with that one.  It's tough to get a read on what's supposed to be going on when she looks like she wants to jump everyone's bones, haha. 

As long as she doesn't go de-powered robot in the background (and sometimes in the foreground), she's miles ahead of KC.

• Love 4

Yeah, I truly do think that's just the way she is. Moreover, I wouldn't be surprised if she was also told to be flirtatious in order to show that aspect of the BC's personality that hadn't really been seen in the previous iterations. 

15 hours ago, tv echo said:

Don't know how reliable this is ... But I am starting to feel genuinely worried that TPTB are stupid enough to get rid of Felicity at the end of this season, so that next season they can have the team focused on Oliver, Tinah and Diggle, with Curtis providing tech support. The O/F chemistry so far surpasses anything else, that they almost have to remove Felicity in order for Oliver to have a believably serious romance with anyone else.  

I'm not worried about them writing out Felicity this year.  Now next year...  I ALWAYS worry the year when an actor's contract is up for renewal.  (We assume)

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

I think JH's smolder look always comes at really odd times, given the dialogue it usually accompanies.

::smolder:: "Dressing on the side, please."

::smolder:: "I'm here for my annual checkup."

::smolder:: "Where can I find the Immodium?"

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm not worried about them writing out Felicity this year.  Now next year...  I ALWAYS worry the year when an actor's contract is up for renewal.  (We assume)

Is she rumored to expire at the end of this season or end of s6?

I think JH is likeable and charming in real life, and has definite charisma.  I don't see the chemistry with Stephen, but that is really not her fault--he's not giving anyone much to work off lately.  She handles the transition into fight scenes well--not an easy skill--but I really don't like her acting. She's good at speeches, but puts big pauses in her dialogue that make me think she's forgotten her dialogue and which kill the pacing of scenes. I don't think she's beyond hope, but I feel like I can always see her thinking about her acting choice before she makes her acting choice.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

I want Tinah to find out how they want to Single White Female her into the BC role and nope right on outta town. 

Oh please let us have a creepy scene where they dress her up in the Buckles costume and start calling her Black Canary.

Oliver: (with stoic certainty) The resemblance is uncanny, Laurel, erm, I mean Tinah.

Tinah: I'm leaving. Do not follow me. I'll have a restraining order in my hand by morning. 

• Love 12

So, I guess this means that this will indeed be Tinah's episode. Somebody will gift her the name of 'Black Canary' after she probably fought of the three women that have broken out of prison. She is after all wonderful.

I can already see Oliver gifting that title to her, accompanied by a look that is supposed to say: Make me proud, make Laurel, who you didn't know proud, also I am so good at finding canaries, did you know I also have sex with all of them? But not right now, I have serious feelings for that girl who stops by every other episode. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is she rumored to expire at the end of this season or end of s6?

I was thinking at the end of six but now I'm back to wondering if it was at the end of seven.  Lol, I can't at this moment remember why I thought I knew or even exactly what I thought I knew (I have a sinus cold.  Brain = mush right now) but I remain confident that while they could drop anyone from the show at anytime, I'm 99% sure her contract isn't up this year.  And she's still a big draw to the show so why rush her out the door? 

30 minutes ago, Belinea said:

So, I guess this means that this will indeed be Tinah's episode. Somebody will gift her the name of 'Black Canary' after she probably fought of the three women that have broken out of prison. She is after all wonderful.

I can already see Oliver gifting that title to her, accompanied by a look that is supposed to say: Make me proud, make Laurel, who you didn't know proud, also I am so good at finding canaries, did you know I also have sex with all of them? But not right now, I have serious feelings for that girl who stops by every other episode. 

I wonder if it's possible that one of the bad girls mistakes her for the Black Canary with a "I thought you died" or a meta comment about Black Canary 2.0.  (Yes, should be at least 3.0 IMO)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

I do not understand the concept of these contracts if they can kill you off at any time! What if I had a massive mortgage and they killed me in season 2 and I thought I was signed until s7! I'd be unemployed and default on the mortgage! Do they pay them out if they kill them?

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

I do not understand the concept of these contracts if they can kill you off at any time! What if I had a massive mortgage and they killed me in season 2 and I thought I was signed until s7! I'd be unemployed and default on the mortgage! Do they pay them out if they kill them?

Maybe something but not the whole amount, depends on the contract.  The contract gives the show the option to keep using the actor for a number of years, but they are not required to use that option.  

Sometimes a contract does require a show or a network to use the actor for a number of seasons.  Like the actress Amanda Tapping ended Stargate SG-1 (or the show ended) with another year on her contract so they had to either pay her the amount or find her another job. So they moved her over to a sister show.  But that isn't the norm.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, tv echo said:

But I am starting to feel genuinely worried that TPTB are stupid enough to get rid of Felicity at the end of this season

I dont think thats gonna happen but i do think she will be gone by end of s6. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, theOAfc said:

I dont think thats gonna happen but i do think she will be gone by end of s6. 

I am really surprised people think that way. And it's usually people speaking for Emily, since she was always direct in saying. She is not going anywhere. 

Personally i dont think Arrow will go beyond a short s7. So EBR will stay till the end. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I am really surprised people think that way. And it's usually people speaking for Emily, since she was always direct in saying. She is not going anywhere. 

Personally i dont think Arrow will go beyond a short s7. So EBR will stay till the end. 

True it depends a lot on whether they get a full season 7. IMO at least.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I think even if they wanted to go full on GA and BC romance they wouldn't push Felicity off the show unless EBR wants to go (or contract renewals break down).  

What's the upside to getting rid of her otherwise?  They don't have to write to Olicity if they don't want to and Felicity still has her fans so she's not a liability.    

• Love 2