Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Cleanqueen said:

They also mentioned that there was a reason for having Diggle locked up again, I wonder if there is more to it than just having Felicity clear his charges. I would love for them to connect his arrest with Prometheus. 

I was thinking it might be to connect Diggle to Chase's arc? They really need to do something with Chase sooner rather than later, considering JS is a series regular.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I was thinking it might be to connect Diggle to Chase's arc? They really need to do something with Chase sooner rather than later, considering JS is a series regular.

Since he is a series regular, I guess they  just want to take their time with his story, which I appreciate. I would like for them to connect Diggle's arc to Chase's as well.

• Love 1

I love the lead off of that synopsis. I'm looking forward to Russia.

They are really leaving the city in the hands of WD?

The Lance/WD/Reporter plot does not sound appealing. How exactly is WD going to head her off and why? I'm confused. Also, do they dig into Reporter and find out about her snake-y nature.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2

Where's Thea in this? Why is it up to Rene to intervene? And why is Oliver even letting this happen? Is Susan going to take advantage of Oliver going to Russia - can't wait for him to explain that one to the woman who's been "casually" dropping Russia into their conversations and drinking Russian vodka - and leap at the chance to go to Lance for an interview?

(I feel like the only reason they don't mention Diggle by name in the synopsis is because they think they can keep it a secret that he's likely out of prison at the end of 511.) 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

So is this the redeem Susan episode so they can make O/Su somewhat less dumb?

Lord I hope not. I don't want her to be redeemed. A snake is a snake, keep her that way. She is already on thin line for even attempting to ask him those questions, how they can redeem that I dont know.

• Love 6

Are we supposed to want her to be redeemed? Because I don't. Look what she did to Thea and Lance already. Look at the situation she's going to be putting Lance in now. The guy just got out of rehab and she's going to bring up all the problems he was facing that put him in there? It would make sense if she's working for Prometheus - a way to maybe get him out of the picture again. 

I would love it if the episode ends with Oliver returning from Russia and breaking up with her. Especially since Oliver did basically nothing to help Lance even though he knew from 501 that he was drinking again. At least show he's on Lance's side by not continuing to date the reporter who first questioned his job and then asked him questions about a painful part of his life. 

• Love 8

Bahaha. I bet Oliver will be like "She's just doing her job." Snort. Because he's dumb. I think he'll be dating her until at least 516 tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if there's O/S sexy times in 515 a la Ray/Felicity in s3. I originally assumed it would be earlier but considering 510 is about Black Siren and 511 is about finding Tina, there's no real time for Oliver/Susan, so it'll have to be later.

I find it kind of funny how Tina just meets these people in 511 and then the following week she's going with them to Russia. LOL.

Also does this mean Diggle gets released in 511 or is he not going to Russia? 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

Really, Prometheus doesn't actually have to do anything to try to turn everyone against Oliver - or at least distance them from him. Oliver's doing a pretty good job of that himself. Sure, Felicity doesn't blame him for Billy, but she is going to be doing her own thing in 5B and keeping it from him, so there's that. Even after what Susan did to Thea, he's still dating her. Now there's the Lance situation and if Oliver does say "She's just doing her job..." If Oliver's focused on mayoral stuff, we don't know how involved he'll necessarily be with anyone else's storyline.

Prometheus could probably just sit back with popcorn and watch, maybe go out and kill some people and stage them like a S1 Hood scene when he feels like it. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Rene transporting a prisoner in his care and beating him to earn a dishonorable discharge doesn't mean he was military police but it could.  It's also not unusual for former military to become police. Just speculating.  I guess we'll know soon.

43 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I love the lead off of that synopsis. I'm looking forward to Russia.

They are really leaving the city in the hands of WD?

The Lance/WD/Reporter plot does not sound appealing. How exactly is WD going to head her off and why? I'm confused. Also, do they dig into Reporter and find out about her snake-y nature.

I don't even care to be honest. I mean, sorry, Quentin that you get stuck with them, but it means the OTA goes on to have adventures in Russia unencumbered by both WD and Susan. And this is supposed to be when Felicity's issues come to a head, no? And Felicity apprently gets dressed up and hits the town with Rory and Curtis. Awesome news all around.

6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Also does this mean Diggle gets released in 511 or is he not going to Russia? 

He's going.

• Love 7
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Lord I hope not. I don't want her to be redeemed. A snake is a snake, keep her that way. She is already on thin line for even attempting to ask him those questions, how they can redeem that I dont know.

The episode description didn't really make it clear if she was antagonistic towards Lance or not.

Yes, they could totally play this as "hard nosed reporter" doing her job and, Lance triumphs. This would be reflective of the earlier Thea/Susan scene. If they go this way, it would reinforce shady Susan (to me).

However, they could try to redeem her by making the interview seem like a puff piece. Or Susan trying to help Oliver out by giving Lance a chance to tell his side so that he's more relatable etc. If they go this direction, I'm assuming they're trying to redeem her (for some reason).

Please understand I'm not picking a direction, nor do I care one ounce about Susan. I'm just curious as to what they're trying to do with the character and why.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

I feel like they'll try to temporarily redeem Susan, purely because Oliver will be dating her for a bit longer. At least, I'm assuming. Maybe they'll date until the end of the season. IDK. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

God bless Felicity Smoak :')

Praise! She better get a thank you and a Delicity hug or I'm yelling. Haha. :)

• Love 2

Curious about JH's acting ability? From these clips, it looks like she's a good actress (and that she's played police/former military roles before)...

Here's the trailer for her 2014 horror film, Last Shift, in which she played a rookie cop:

And here she is in S4 of The Walking Dead, in which she played Alisha, who was in the army reserves:

• Love 2

I really don't want Susan to be redeemed. Mostly because if she's redeemed - what even is her purpose? At least if she remains shady, her purpose would be to cause trouble. Unnecessary trouble, but trouble nonetheless. If she's redeemed then... what? All of her scenes were for nothing? Because unless she becomes a regular (PLEASE GOD NO) there literally is no point to her.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 8

If what SA implied happens (she doesn't betray Oliver in the end) then they are redeeming her. And I agree that that would make her pointless from my POV too. If they want her to cause troubles they could make that the informations she found on Oliver are going to come out without her wanting to..making them end up in wrong hands. But again what's her point? The same result could be achieved with whoever she is working for/with (assuming she is working with someone) gathering informations on their own. I guess they want to cause Oliver more man pain..I got nothing else.

• Love 1

Maybe she dies and she'll get a dying speech where she's like "Despite how it started, I did love you, Oliver!" and he'll have a case of the sads.

LOL. I'm kidding. Kind of. But IDK. I see it as a temporary thing, like they're telling the audience "Look, maybe she's not so bad" for an episode or two and then it turns out actually she was all along, oh well. Shucks.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

Even if she doesn't betray Oliver, what about what she did to Thea and Lance already? It's like the show is hoping the audience just forgets about her introduction if they do try to redeem her. 

The fact that the 5x12 description says that "it's up to Rene to help keep things on track" doesn't make it sound like Susan's going to be trying to help Lance. If Rene is the one to intervene... But maybe that's just my interpretation. 

• Love 6

Rene being there to intervene with Susan actually makes me believe that they are moving him into Thea's orbit. I actually do think she'll also be present in that storyline (thought they left her out of the synopsis for reasons unknown). And having Rene taking part in this brings them in closer contact, maybe even making them allies against Susan. Which I'm very meh about, but I think it's the likely outcome.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, bijoux said:

Rene being there to intervene with Susan actually makes me believe that they are moving him into Thea's orbit. I actually do think she'll also be present in that storyline (thought they left her out of the synopsis for reasons unknown). And having Rene taking part in this brings them in closer contact, maybe even making them allies against Susan. Which I'm very meh about, but I think it's the likely outcome.

I'd feel bad for Thea. But the more people against Susan, the better. And since they seem to love WD and writing for him (to the point that they bring it up when asked about Diggle), having him be against Susan would be a good thing. 

• Love 2

IDK the episode description doesn't really make things clear tbh. It just says Susan asks for an interview and Quentin hesitates. IDK why Rene would have to keep things on track. Wouldn't that be Thea's job? And if anything, wouldn't Thea urge Quentin not to do the interview, based purely on the fact that she doesn't like or trust her? It seems like we're missing something.

• Love 2

Thea likes "bad" boys. See Roy & DJ Douche.

Hmm...Are we going to get another "what happens in Russia stays in Russia" scene or just a callback? Will Russian vodka be involved? There are 2 women and 4 men. (I'm just kidding.)

Maybe I am just really stupid today.... Who is now on the team? It specifies Oliver and Felicity but who counts as being on the team if Lance and WD stay behind? There is just so many potential members that have no real use being there...

Couldn't she be the reason for the trip to Russia? Is she not looking for someone? And since the writers are kind of lazy, that person could be in Russia or have ties to the Bratva.

Edited by thenj
  • Love 3

I'd get not mentioning her, though, since her joining the team would be a spoiler, like mentioning that Diggle is on the team going to Russia as well. Since it does say "mission"  and "meet up with Anatoly" I guess I'll also join the theory that it might be to try to track down something Prometheus-related (whether his mom or Talia), although I feel like something Bratva related in present-day might come up to divert their attention in a VOTW kind of way. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Since it does say "mission"  and "meet up with Anatoly" I guess I'll also join the theory that it might be to try to track down something Prometheus-related (whether his mom or Talia), although I feel like something Bratva related in present-day might come up to divert their attention in a VOTW kind of way. 

Could be both. They could go to Russia for some Bratva-related reason, but also use the opportunity to find out whatever they can about Talia/Prometheus/etc. It's not like they can make trips to Russia whenever they want (although they totally can if plot calls for it). 

59 minutes ago, thenj said:

Couldn't she be the reason for the trip to Russia? Is she not looking for someone? And since the writers are kind of lazy, that person could be in Russia or have ties to the Bratva.

I don't think they'd have the entire team go to Russia for something for the person who just joined the team the week before after they made a trip to another city to recruit her. But then again, who knows with these writers. 

• Love 1

Do they find out in 512 that Susan has been looking into Oliver's past there, or is that a goodie we get to wait for?

Maybe Tina goes to Russia because she likes traveling and this trip is paid for?

6 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

So is this the redeem Susan episode so they can make O/Su somewhat less dumb?

If they use WD, the dumbest of the team, to redeem O/Su, that will be quite a trifecta.  (Rene, Oliver and Susan all redeemed).  Right now, I'm thinking how caring and sensitive she is to want an interview with a man who just got out of rehab after his daughter died.

Is Thea going to be involved in this at all?  She's the one Susan stabbed in the back first, she took Lance to rehab, she's suspicious of Susan.  I know the show tends to focus on characters they want to highlight but Thea really needs to be around this.

Maybe they think they can redeem Rene by a relationship with Thea.

5 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Really, Prometheus doesn't actually have to do anything to try to turn everyone against Oliver - or at least distance them from him. Oliver's doing a pretty good job of that himself. Sure, Felicity doesn't blame him for Billy, but she is going to be doing her own thing in 5B and keeping it from him, so there's that. Even after what Susan did to Thea, he's still dating her. Now there's the Lance situation and if Oliver does say "She's just doing her job..." If Oliver's focused on mayoral stuff, we don't know how involved he'll necessarily be with anyone else's storyline.

Prometheus could probably just sit back with popcorn and watch, maybe go out and kill some people and stage them like a S1 Hood scene when he feels like it. 

LOL.  We complain about what s5 did to Felicity, but it''s Oliver who's really suffering.

• Love 2
(edited)

Only way she's in 13 is if Talia shows up in present day SC.

She's also not in 510, Talia's debuts in 511. We know this already so, I'd say IMDb's listing isn't worth very much right now.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

That's why I said "FWIW" (For What It's Worth). 

I know that Talia is first mentioned in the 511 synopsis. However, the initial casting news said that Talia would debut in 510. So either something changed, or she only briefly appears in 510. I guess we'll find out this week...

-- Talia al Ghul will debut in 510. Lexa Doig has been cast in the recurring role of Talia, another daughter of Ra’s al Ghul and half-sister of Nyssa. Described as worldly and cultured, Talia is “an elite warrior who doesn’t pick sides but rather creates her own.” She's expected to appear in multiple episodes throughout the season after this one. (Nov. 2, 2016 TVLine article in MichaelAusiello tweet, page 48 of Spoilers thread, and Jan. 1, 2017 Den of Geek article, page 50 of Spoilers thread)

• Love 1

Lexa Doig is a so so actress.  I've always found her a bit stiff and formal but I'm thinking that trait might work in her favor as Talia.  I am curious how the  "creates her own sides" plays out.  It does hint at a possible puppet master thing with Prometheus.  I guess it's not that crazy that Talia might want some kind of revenge on the guy that killed her father and dismantled her world.  Also, I'd love to know why Talia wasn't the Heir to the Demon.  

• Love 1

If it is Talia as puppet master, then I wouldn't mind so much if Prometheus is a rando like really Justin Claybourne's son.  It was two years ago that Oliver killed Ra's and dismantled the LoA so that's a reasonable amount of time spent training Prometheus and studying Oliver and those around him

If I were Talia, knowing Ra's and how he made her younger sister Heir, and then an outsider man, I'd be more upset at losing the LoA than Ra's being dead.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, way2interested said:

The reddit recap had Talia appear at the very end of the flashbacks in 510 to save Oliver.

If she is in 510-523, then another push towards the "Talia being the real big bad" theory.

Oh, I think I missed that.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Lexa Doig is a so so actress.  I've always found her a bit stiff and formal but I'm thinking that trait might work in her favor as Talia.  I am curious how the  "creates her own sides" plays out.  It does hint at a possible puppet master thing with Prometheus.  I guess it's not that crazy that Talia might want some kind of revenge on the guy that killed her father and dismantled her world.  Also, I'd love to know why Talia wasn't the Heir to the Demon.  

I like her, but I won't claim she's a great actress. She's serviceable, though, and IMO gorgeous.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I like her, but I won't claim she's a great actress. She's serviceable, though, and IMO gorgeous.

Agreed to all of the above. I have a fondness for her from her connection to Stargate SG-1.  

So, I had a thought.  What if Tina is Talia's daughter?  She was a kid when Sara met her in the 50's right?  Kept pretty by the pit, we assume.  But she must have done something to upset her father so that she hasn't been involved with any of the LoA plot lines until now.  It could give Tina more cred for her fighting skills/comicbook relevance.  Also, assuming Tina was abandoned or other wise doesn't know what her mother is up to in present day, it could be a reason for her to join the group in Russia if they go looking for Talia if Talia trained Prometheus.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, TrueMyth said:

So, I had a thought.  What if Tina is Talia's daughter?  She was a kid when Sara met her in the 50's right?  Kept pretty by the pit, we assume.  But she must have done something to upset her father so that she hasn't been involved with any of the LoA plot lines until now.  It could give Tina more cred for her fighting skills/comicbook relevance.  Also, assuming Tina was abandoned or other wise doesn't know what her mother is up to in present day, it could be a reason for her to join the group in Russia if they go looking for Talia if Talia trained Prometheus.

Perfect!  That makes Oliver her uncle. 

• Love 10

FWIW...

Carly Pope's IMDb page currently lists 512, 514 and 515:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005318/

Juliana Harkavy's IMDb page currently lists 511 (although spoilers indicate she's in additional episodes):
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3952890/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Josh Segarra's IMDb page currently lists every remaining episode of this season (510-523):
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2019219/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Dolph Lundgren's IMDb page currently lists 523 (although spoilers indicate he's in the flashback-centric episode):
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000185/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Joe Dinicol's IMDb page currently lists 512:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0227710/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Rick Gonzalez's IMDb page currently lists 512 (although spoilers indicate he's in additional episodes):
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0327779/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Madison McLaughlin's IMDb page currently lists no additional episodes this season:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3028348/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Edited by tv echo