Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I don't think this is supposed to be Oliver's dream/perfect/fantasy world. That would be Ivy Town with Felicity, his parents alive, Thea happy, Tommy and Laurel alive.

This is the 'What if' world. What if the Gambit never went down? What if he never became Green Arrow? What if he never meet Diggle and Felicity? It's perfect, or is it?

• Love 10
Just now, Chaser said:

I don't think this is supposed to be Oliver's dream/perfect/fantasy world. That would be Ivy Town with Felicity, his parents alive, Thea happy, Tommy and Laurel alive.

This is the 'What if' world. What if the Gambit never went down? What if he never became Green Arrow? What if he never meet Diggle and Felicity? It's perfect, or is it?

Exactly and considering that there are cracks in the dream world and Oliver obviously breaks free and tells Thea "We Can't stay here Speedy".  It's kind of obvious what they're doing

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Sakura12 said:

So is it just Oliver and Thea in the dream world or are the others there too or are they in their own dream world and we just see Oliver's? Since we saw that Diggle and Sara are wearing the alien jammies. 

My guess is all the main masked heroes are thrown into various roles into Oliver's dream world? Sara fits in as Laurel's sister (I'm going to laugh if she's her maid of honor and sleeping with Oliver in this dream), Diggle will probably be security, etc. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

So is it just Oliver and Thea in the dream world or are the others there too or are they in their own dream world and we just see Oliver's? Since we saw that Diggle and Sara are wearing the alien jammies. 

That's the ultimate question we know Sara and Diggle are in the PJs and in the alien good set. So do they have their own dreams? Are they all sharing Oliver's dream world? Since this is Arrow I'm guessing they're all in Oliver's dream world. It makes sense for 3/4 since Oliver, Thea, Sara all knew each other before the Gambit.

6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

How do they explain Felicity in the blue dress? Ray's date at the wedding?

Probably at the engagement party and probably one of the (big) cracks in the delusion

• Love 3

Does anyone remember DR posting a photo on IG that had BR in a tux and SA in the 3x07 similar outfit? I think it was when he took over some IG.

I can't remember if it looked like the mansion or not (where the photo with EBR was taken). For some reason I was thinking it looked more like PT.

14 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Does anyone remember DR posting a photo on IG that had BR in a tux and SA in the 3x07 similar outfit? I think it was when he took over some IG.

I can't remember if it looked like the mansion or not (where the photo with EBR was taken). For some reason I was thinking it looked more like PT.

I always thought it looked like the exterior to the set where the SA/EBR-in-the-blue-dress hug picture happened

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3

Thanks! I couldn't remember what IG had it.

Looking at it again, it does look like the mansion. I was looking at the clothes and big windows and thinking PT.

I think I may go thru and try to piece together the bts. If this is supposed to be an engagement party, Oliver is really under dressed. I don't think KC was filming then either.

Dream world Ollie will be a) schtupping at least one member of the bridal party (or be approached by one for a previously arranged meet up and be freaked out by it), and b) a figure head at QC that they roll out twice a year for publicit shots.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I agree with your use of quotations.

Like 100% likely. All the likeliness.

Based on the preview, she asks him out for a drink, because he needs a "friend" even more than he needs a drink. 

Know what he needs more than either? Bet we'll find out tonight, lol

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Going away from the 100th episode...how likely is it that Oliver will 'romance' the reporter in today's episode?

Maybe but, it's not going to be anything more than a one episode thing

Just now, apinknightmare said:

Plus, she asks him out for a drink, because he needs a "friend" even more than he needs a drink. 

Is that from a sneak peak?

4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Based on the preview, she asks him out for a drink, because he needs a "friend" even more than he needs a drink. 

Reporter lady is such a considerate friend for offering, LOL

2 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Reporter lady is such a considerate friend for offering, LOL

She will probably also offer being a friend who doesn't wear clothes while hanging out. 

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that he is the mayor and calls her by her first name? It has been bugging me the whole time. Maybe I am just weird that way. 

Edited by Belinea

WOW she's seriously desperate. I like that Oliver has no intentions to accept her offer. But I'm sure something will happen to make him reconsider. Probably seeing everyone happy at the end of the episode and he realizes all of a sudden he has no other friends but Susan Williams..pfft

3 minutes ago, Belinea said:

She will probably also offer being a friend who doesn't wear clothes while hanging out. 

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that he is the mayor and calls her by her first name? It has been bugging me the whole time. Maybe I am just weird that way. 

There is nothing about this set up that is remotely appropriate. lol

• Love 2

I know I'm being petty, but I really don't like it that the reporter said "...that does sound like a whole lot of suck.." which I think Felicity said to Oliver on their first date.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Oliver's tick of looking everywhere but at the person he's talking to is super obvious in that clip.

OMG that's so true. Come on stephen, sell it better.

3 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

I know I'm being petty, but I really don't like it that the reporter said "...that does sound like a whole lot of suck.." which I think Felicity has said to Oliver on their first date.

It's what happens when you have different writers who don't remember anything that was previously said on their show.

1 minute ago, ComicFan777 said:

I know I'm being petty, but I really don't like it that the reporter said "...that does sound like a whole lot of suck.." which I think Felicity has said to Oliver on their first date.

I thought about that too..it's also not the first time they use the same lines...they probably think the viewers don't remember.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Not at all, it's fairly common for Politicians to adress reporters in their pool by their first name. It would be weird if Susan was calling him Oliver instead of Mr. Mayor.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

I know I'm being petty, but I really don't like it that the reporter said "...that does sound like a whole lot of suck.." which I think Felicity said to Oliver on their first date.

You have to be considerate, they're not the best with expanding their vocabulary ;-) The one they us is epic and game-changing over and over again.

Just now, Midnight Lullaby said:

I thought about that too..it's also not the first time they use the same lines...they probably think the viewers don't remember.

Or they know exactly what viewers will remember and are trolling.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Cleanqueen said:

It's what happens when you have different writers who don't remember anything that was previously said on their show.

I don't think it's that, but that they fall in love with a phrase (mostly for no good reason at all) and then they have everyone saying it, instead of having each character have their own voice. Is there a regular left who hasn't used, line forms behind me?

• Love 5

Yeah, it was just a really great moment where Oliver was sharing with Felicity about his past...
It just bothers me that the reporter and Felicity would share the same lines (of all people)...I know it's a minor detail, but just a memorable moment.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 6

I wonder if during their non-date drinks, Susan is going to lament how it isn't easy to be a woman in news, and she's given up a lot, which means if she doesn't succeed at everything, then what was the point? 

Susan's going to ask him why he lets people think he's inept, when she knows he's not. She sees him pretty clearly! He's intelligent, driven, and (dreamy sigh) lonely. 

How does she see that? 

Because it's what she sees when she looks in the mirror!

::and then they'll disappear to a Russian hotel room Susan's apartment because Oliver is living in a basement of a building he doesn't own::

• Love 8

I would like to thank everyone here for killing my excitement for tonight's episode so I don't have to go through it when (if) I watch,

You'd think Oliver would have learned by now not to have a drink with women who have shown previously that they're trying to bring him down.

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

You'd think Oliver would have learned by now not to have a drink with women who have shown previously that they're trying to bring him down.

Well according to Brian Ford Sullivan's episode breakdowns, Oliver has apparently un-learned everything from the last 4 seasons and has to go through it all again. It's all a part of his "journey" this season.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Isn't Oliver supposed to "certain element of romance" the backstabbing out of her?

• Love 1

Ugh, that clip. Yes, because the reporter who has the mayor on a deadline before she starts writing bad stuff about him again is the perfect "friend" for him. My guess? She shows up at his office when he doesn't show up for the drink, so they can have them hook up there and don't have to worry about another set.

Dear Oliver, please make better decisions.

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

RE: the spoiler just posted.

Someone on Twitter said it was from a review on Reddit.

Oh, reddit. 

I'd sooner believe Felicity/Mayo breakup as Oliver sleeps with the reporter than that spoiler being true. Guess we'll know in the next 2 hours.

• Love 1