Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Belinea said:

After all that has happened in the last week, I have a hard time at the moment being positive about things. The thing what I am seeing right now is that Oliver and Felicity won't get back together. Nothing points towards that and I choose to believe that they will not get back together again for a very long time, possibly not ever. I don't know but it just feels dead to me. With everything that they are doing, I am more convinced everyday that they want to be go back to just comics regardless of what they publicly say. This season is one heartless episode after another for me without any focus on actual storylines with substance for the characters I care about. 

Let Oliver have his new BC, obviously the show just couldn't deal with KC in the role. Maybe it will work better for them this way. I, however won't watch anymore. I still hang out here from time to time because I like communicating with you guys. But I am glad that the show made it easy for me to lose interest. 

I'm pretty much feeling the same way. I think they're setting up a GA/BC romance that they couldn't have with Laurel; I think they're hoping to shut up and please comics fans by saying that technically, GA/BC are together. This may not be the case, but the behind the scenes attitude this season definitely seems like it is.

They seem to be insistent on going back to its comics roots, after all. Guggenheim and the writers are basically bashing Olicity shippers. There's been so little talk on the things that made Arrow successful in the first two seasons. They're insisting that Olicity is dead, that the new team's going to bring a fresh perspective on the show (AKA, they expect it to be successful and raise the ratings), and they seem to be done with the fans and they're insistent on doing things their way or no way at all.

The PR is awful and aggressive this year, worse than they've ever been. And it's why I respect the show far less than I ever have. Nobody but the showrunners/writers/SA seem to be hyping up this season in any way. SA, to me, feels like he's going through the motions. I don't really know how SA feels about this season but a few of his interviews I've caught had the same generic answers about the new team, about the season in general, and about his arc. 

My interest in the season is pretty small. I'll only care about the Prometheus reveal if they actually can get Colin Donnell back as Tommy (and I know they probably can't, so the reveal will be a bust for me). Rory's the only new recruit I want sticking around and it seems like his character is the most likely to die. I'm already pissed about the Diggle's child sex change to care about his family issues, and I haven't heard much about anything else about Diggle that's interesting. To be honest, I'm not quite sure why I'm sticking around. I want to look forward to the Tina/NuCanary spoilers, but it hasn't caught my interest.

I think, after the major crossover and the 100th episode, I'm going to have to bow out. I'll reassess around that time, but I just don't have any reason, with all the spoilers, to continue watching 5B. Especially if the writers, Guggenheim, and whoever else continues to treat the fans like shit. Because it's one thing to not want to pander to the fans; it's another to completely turn against one side of the fandom and basically express their annoyance and dislike like whiny teenagers who don't know how to act in a professional setting. 

Man; I'm so disappointed in myself. All I've been doing is complaining this season. I usually can find more positive things to say. This year, I really can't. 

• Love 9

My take - whenever they have a character they want the audience to like they use Felicity. In their minds, her super power isn't her brain but the fact that she's a fan favourite which they hope [insert character of your choice] will benefit from. Ergo her and LL's seemingly out of nowhere BFF status in s3, RP's introduction being tied to her and Curtis being her friend/employee. Hell, even the decision to go after and recruit the newbies was her idea, I'm convinced her words to persuade Oliver were really/also directed at the audience. In the EP's minds if Felicity likes/pushes it then the audience is more likely to get on board, that hasn't ever actually borne dividends so far but as we're about to deal with our 3rd incarnation of a Canary on Arrow, learning from their errors is clearly not their strong suit. 

So having said all that I can absolutely see why those dumbasses would think it's a brilliant idea to have Felicity be the one to help track down and recruit the new BC, even if she ends up being Oliver's next LI. After all, as it stands rn Oliver x Felicity are not only broken up but she's involved in another relationship and he's stated his intention to see what else is out there. They act less like a couple who were madly in love and on the verge of a wedding a few months ago and more like friends with benefits who stopped the 'benefits' part of their relationship part of the arrangement. It'll be like giving the Felicity seal of approval on her assuming both the BC mantle and LI to Oliver Queen.

Edited by lexicon
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

They seem to be insistent on going back to its comics roots, after all. Guggenheim and the writers are basically bashing Olicity shippers. There's been so little talk on the things that made Arrow successful in the first two seasons. They're insisting that Olicity is dead, that the new team's going to bring a fresh perspective on the show (AKA, they expect it to be successful and raise the ratings), and they seem to be done with the fans and they're insistent on doing things their way or no way at all.

They will never go back to the comic roots if there is no Laurel Lance around.  But yeah they really are all about "we do what we want, we dont follow no rules" since they killed off Laurel. Anything and anyone is fair game to them now. They really should release EBR and WIlla from their contracts and let them move on to bigger and better.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Belinea said:

After all that has happened in the last week, I have a hard time at the moment being positive about things. The thing what I am seeing right now is that Oliver and Felicity won't get back together. Nothing points towards that and I choose to believe that they will not get back together again for a very long time, possibly not ever. I don't know but it just feels dead to me. With everything that they are doing, I am more convinced everyday that they want to be go back to just comics regardless of what they publicly say. This season is one heartless episode after another for me without any focus on actual storylines with substance for the characters I care about. 

Let Oliver have his new BC, obviously the show just couldn't deal with KC in the role. Maybe it will work better for them this way. I, however won't watch anymore. I still hang out here from time to time because I like communicating with you guys. But I am glad that the show made it easy for me to lose interest. 

Oh, maybe her name isn't Tina afterall but Dina(h). Because I still believe that the name sounds too weird. 

I sincerely don't think Olicity has been killed.  I think if NuCanary was a riotous success with the audience and oozed chemistry with SA there is a possibility that the show would go after that but I don't think she will be a huge success or have off the charts chemistry and anything but that doesn't IMO seem like a big enough reason to abandon ship on Olicity.  

10 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I think that's part of the problem though, that this won't be a once and for all answer because something will still come up next year or the year after that the brings us back to this same question. There's always something that brings up the question (Laurel becomes BC in s3 so then GA/BC will be a thing, Felicity will die so then GA/BC will be a thing, Black Siren will come and become BC so then GA/BC will be a thing, NuCanary will be BC so then GA/BC will be a thing) and no amount of typical television actions that show otherwise will come across as "truly" answering the question (Oliver and Laurel breaking it off, Oliver and Sara breaking it off, Sara dying, Laurel dying, Oliver and Felicity having all of the characteristics of the main show pairing including the temp LIs this year-including the new possible BC, etc.)

Even Tina not having any romantic slant with Oliver (even though I don't really care either way anymore, so who knows she probably will)will not stop the question from coming up yet again, so I'm kind of as annoyed with it as well.

It may not end spec from others but it would answer my question of the show's intentions.  I never believed last year that they would kill Felicity and in season three, I was 90% certain the season would go just as it did.  (The 10% being right after they killed Sara.  It took episode 4 of the Flash with her confession of "Quiet dreams" to reassure me)

This late into the show, right now with Laurel dead and Olicity apart, this is the one place where the show could attempt basically a ship reboot, but it's IMO a narrow window and if it passes, then I at least will be sure of the show's plans.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Laurel Lance has dies because of how bad Katie Cassidy acted behind and infront the camera. 

A lot of people here said that at the time, and said they "knew" it because they had inside info that she was fired for cause and would never set foot on a Berlanti production again. And now she's back across the DC Berlanti universe. So I am skeptical.

I think she was fired because she was terrible in the role. Thus NuBC.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

A lot of people here said that at the time, and said they "knew" it because they had inside info that she was fired for cause and would never set foot on a Berlanti production again. And now she's back across the DC Berlanti universe. So I am skeptical.

tumblr_nciw1uTerm1seznd4o2_500.gif

Bingo. All those inside sources and look where we are at now.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 2

you mean like those people who in return claimed KC is never going to be off the show. Because comics. And really being bothered by these few appearances that were arranged so they can keep using her images. I mean if people get nervous about that, there is no way it can be helped. And honestly Katie Cassidy has a repeat behaviour and she wanted to hold onto this role with all fours, and its not the first time her "representatives" had to fight hard to keep her on the show.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I will continue to take reports of why she was fired with a grain of salt but MG did seem to heavily imply that she's back as much as she is this year because she had good reps.  

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

tumblr_o0wnnxWAIk1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

I just want to know what Thea and Quentin are going to be doing during all of this. The 2 people that were the closest to Laurel/Black Canary and yet seem no where to be found.

They'll be too busy running the mayor's office for Oliver/drinking, in Lance's case/trying to stop Lance from drinking, in Thea's case. I really hope that if there is a new Canary that Oliver talks to Lance about it first and he doesn't come into the lair one day to see her training. 

14 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

Except of course she's not back across Berlanti shows. Certainly NOT in the way you're implying. She filmed 2 episodes of Arrow 508/510, that's it.  She's filmed or will film 1 episode of Flash and maybe one episode of LoT.   That's it. Hell it looks like both her episodes were filmed at the same time which tells you her role is a big fat nothing burger. More importantly MG himself fucking stated that her "representation " forced the appearance.

• Love 7
Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

They'll be too busy running the mayor's office for Oliver/drinking, in Lance's case/trying to stop Lance from drinking, in Thea's case. I really hope that if there is a new Canary that Oliver talks to Lance about it first and he doesn't come into the lair one day to see her training. 

Seeing as though they forgot about Quentin being there when his daughter died, I have an inkling that they wont even bother to do with anything with him reacting to a new Canary.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

you mean like those people who in return claimed KC is never going to be off the show. Because comics. And really being bothered by these few appearances that were arranged so they can keep using her images. I mean if people get nervous about that, there is no way it can be helped. And honestly Katie Cassidy has a repeat behaviour and she wanted to hold onto this role with all fours, and its not the first time her "representatives" had to fight hard to keep her on the show.

Arguing she wouldn't be off the show "because comics" is not the same as saying "I know people involved with the show, and factually-speaking, she was fired for bad behavior and will never set foot on a Berlanti Production again," though. One is an argument; the other is a stated fact that turned out not to be true. 

I don't really care about KC either way. I think she was awful in the role and that is why she was let go. However, there is evidence, including a pretty clear statement from Guggie, that there will be a new BC. Plus LL's actual dying words. Will she bang Oliver? Who knows. Will it kill Olicity permanently? Who knows. I'd say it probably depends whether ratings absolutely tank.  

For the record, a lot of people thought they'd never have Felicity get a boyfriend, either. Yet here we are.

3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I will continue to take reports of why she was fired with a grain of salt but MG did seem to heavily imply that she's back as much as she is this year because she had good reps.  

If she was truly THAT awful BTS then good representation would not have helped her. Lawyers are not magic (if they were, I'd have done something about the election).

And on that note, I re-bid y'all adieu for awhile.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Except of course she's not back across Berlanti shows. Certainly NOT in the way you're implying. She filmed 2 episodes of Arrow 508/510, that's it.  She's filmed or will film 1 episode of Flash and maybe one episode of LoT.   That's it. Hell it looks like both her episodes were filmed at the same time which tells you her role is a big fat nothing burger. More importantly MG himself fucking stated that her "representation " forced the appearance.

Not setting foot on a Berlanti show to setting foot on 3 of his shows is still setting a foot on his production. Her reps cant force anything that they dont want to do, especially when this deal was done after she was done with the show.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Did they entice them with a 2 for one special or something? The statue cant be that important that they would pay her money just to use her likeness. 

5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Ok.

1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

But a good contract is golden. 

I am a contracts attorney IRL and that is simply not correct.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I am a contracts attorney IRL and that is simply not correct.

But you have mentioned that sometimes the out involves money and if just taking her like they are this year was the more economical way to handle it, then, yeah, that would make sense to me.  

• Love 1
Just now, Primal Slayer said:

Not setting foot on a Berlanti show to setting foot on 3 of his shows is still setting a foot on his production. Her reps cant force anything that they dont want to do, especially when this deal was done after she was done with the show.

If she's threatening to pull all use of her image they will negotiate a contract.  Which is what she did.  Remember when that memo was sent out telling stores to remove all Arrow/BC/KC related pubilicty? Yeah that was KC going after WB for payment of her likeness once she was fired.  

They gave her a shitty, recurring contract this season, in order to keep using her image on Arrow, the statue,  her photo,  her costume, the previouslies and selling BC related merchandise. 

So yeah, you can believe what you want but it's just not reality. 

• Love 11

They should just never mentioned KCs character again, because that was this whole thing came down to. But they cant when Sara and Lance are deeply connected to it.

2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

If she's threatening to pull all use of her image they will negotiate a contract.  Which is what she did.  Remember when that memo was sent out telling stores to remove all Arrow/BC/KC related pubilicty? Yeah that was KC going after WB for payment of her likeness once she was fired.  

They gave her a shitty, recurring contract this season, in order to keep using her image on Arrow, the statue,  her photo,  her costume, the previouslies and selling BC related merchandise. 

It also delayed the release of her BC action figure.

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Why would they care about using her image? It is to easy to remove her from anything Arrow related. They obviously didn't think that she was an important addition to the show when they killed her. And I cant think of anything that had her image apart from a one new CW network promo. Katie already signed away her likeness for things like Vixen and her action figure, they just wouldnt be able to use her for anything in the future, that is reality. 

3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

They should just never mentioned KCs character again, because that was this whole thing came down to. But they cant when Sara and Lance are deeply connected to it.

Katie does not own the name Laurel Lance or Black Canary, they can mention her all they want and not have to pay a dime.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

But you have mentioned that sometimes the out involves money and if just taking her like they are this year was the more economical way to handle it, then, yeah, that would make sense to me.  

You don't fire someone for bad behavior only to reward them with more appearances just to use their likeness for all of 2 episodes. They aren't going to allow themselves to be held hostage.

• Love 1

Nope,  they cannot use her for anything that's reality and it's already been proven.  It's the same situation as Shannon D on Charmed.  They couldn't keep any pictures of Prue up in the mansion without paying Shanon an appearance fee that they couldn't afford in the budget. 

If they want to use previously filmed scenes, KC gets paid for it, the stupid staute? They have to pay her for it. Lance having a photo of his daughter?  She gets paid for it. Instead in very late June they negotiated a small contract to keep KC off their backs because it was more financially sound.

BTW my information comes from an Entertainment lawyer that works in Hollywood.  Where does your knowledge come from? 

• Love 13

Personally, I'm sick of all the new characters.  They aren't being received well but it's as if MG  & Co thinks that if they keep shoving them down out throats, we'll accept them and grow to love them.  Felicity and Roy worked because they were introduced slowly and to fill a specific hole.  Sara worked, and then she didn't because there was too much of her for a time, and they killed her and then they needed her badly.  The only marginally successful introduction of a recurring character since then has been Curtis and they ruined that this season.

I really do think that they mean to have Olicity end game at this point. My concern is that they will keep delaying it and delaying it until the very end while the show becomes unwatchable.  Season 3 as a metaphor for the series, a bunch of bad stuff, then slam them together out of nowhere at the very end.

• Love 9

I said her appearance on Vixen and her action figure were done, paid for, and would not affect anything. I doubt they were so desperate to use her image for an ugly ass macaroni statue, a photo, and 1 scene that they would sign her to a contract and pay her more money . 

My information comes from the same place that all these "inside sources" come from. 

If she is appearing in multiple episodes of something she is probably getting paid more in the long run then what they would pay her for use her likeness for an episode. If she was able to get her lawyers to get her such a deal of forcing them to appear throughout the flarrowverse, I doubt she would take a major pay cut as well. 

If they were glad to get rid of her, having to never deal with her again in person is probably more valuable to them. This show has proven that they dont care about throwing away money.

She has became a day player. She no longer can bank on the money that she could get per episode with her previous contract. Her paycheck was already decreased after s3.

She filmed her 2 appearances on Arrow in what was it? 2-3 days? The only guaranteed appearance left is the one on the Flash. I wouldnt count guest appearances as such a big deal.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

She has became a day player. She no longer can bank on the money that she could get per episode with her previous contract. Her paycheck was already decreased after s3.

She filmed her 2 appearances on Arrow in what was it? 2-3 days? The only guaranteed appearance left is the one on the Flash. I wouldnt count guest appearances as such a big deal.

Obviously she has plenty of power since she forced them to give her a contract for multiple appearances if they wanted to use her image. 

Maybe she would not have allowed the use of her image / picture without the additional personal appearances? *

I wish one of the inside sources or representatives would leak the contract or some other kind of proof so this matter could be settled one way or the other.

ETA: *(and that's when the laywers took over.)

Edited by Lily-n11
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Belinea said:

I do wonder if they are happy with how the newbies are received. Frankly I could care less but I wonder if they thought they'd take off or if this is about what they expected.

I'm going to say that they aren't happy. I think they really wanted it to take off and they wanted the audience to love all the recruits, but clearly that hasn't happened. I think their biggest disappointment is the reception of Wild Dog. From what I've seen, he's not getting a warm reception. I think that the show has him on this "redemption arc" of sorts and they're expecting that people will love that he's growing onscreen as he becomes more mature or something. Now, if that actually happens remain to be seen. If Wild Dog actually starts listening and stops disobeying, then MAYBE people will be more accepting. But I personally find him irritating and have no interest in watching any sort of arc with this guy, who's actually endangered not just his own life, but the lives of his team (Evelyn, for example). Seeing the amount of airtime he's gotten over the other new recruits, it's clear that he's supposed to be the breakout star. 

Meanwhile, Rory/Ragman is the best received character, although he's not without his issues such as the magic rags, and I've seen absolutely nothing on his future on the show. I wonder if they will keep him around, because their best bet is to keep him on. People seem to have grown to like him, and it helps that he has wicked chemistry with SA and EBR. 

• Love 6

Speaking of Rory's rags, are they going to explore what they can and can't block? Bullets are apparently no problem. And if Mayo is evil/working for Prometheus, could Felicity asking him to test it have led to Prometheus getting his hands on it and then coming up with a way to get past them? That might be a stretch and probably won't be addressed, but I wish they'd do something about those magic rags instead of more of WD moving forward. 

• Love 3

EP of #Arrow @mericleshappen promises an homage to the Queen family in episode 100!

I hope the aliens stay in the background on the Arrow part of the crossover and that after they "honored the Queen family and season 1" the show can finally move on from rehashing storyplots that already happened in seasons 1 - 4.

I don't agree at all that Arrow should have to honor the other shows in their 100th episode. I want the other shows to honor Arrow.

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, looptab said:

At this point I have to wonder why the hell did they have to go and make that horrid statue in the first place. 

If there was an issue with using her likeness, maybe concern over maybe not reaching a deal led to that monstrosity.  Its probably a prop that needed some prep time.

40 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

What a completely fascinating, new argument that hasn't been rehashed in this thread a thousand times already. 

Lol, hey at least we stopped with the Tina talk. ;)

34 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think their biggest disappointment is the reception of Wild Dog. From what I've seen, he's not getting a warm reception. I think that the show has him on this "redemption arc" of sorts and they're expecting that people will love that he's growing onscreen as he becomes more mature or something. Now, if that actually happens remain to be seen. If Wild Dog actually starts listening and stops disobeying, then MAYBE people will be more accepting. But I personally find him irritating and have no interest in watching any sort of arc with this guy, who's actually endangered not just his own life, but the lives of his team (Evelyn, for example). Seeing the amount of airtime he's gotten over the other new recruits, it's clear that he's supposed to be the breakout star. 

It's a bit comical really.  I think him getting tortured was supposed to soften the audience as was him staying to fight off Church, but my first thought was he should have just let Rory handle it (so he didn't earn points ) and him giving up Oliver's name set him back IMO.  And not only don't I fee like we learned anything about him during his sessions with Diggle,  I feel like he hasn't learned anything.  He's still a jerk, expecting treatment he hasn't earned.

And

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Lily-n11 said:

EP of #Arrow @mericleshappen promises an homage to the Queen family in episode 100!

I hope the aliens stay in the background on the Arrow part of the crossover and that after they "honored the Queen family and season 1" the show can finally move on from rehashing storyplots that already happened in seasons 1 - 4.

I don't agree at all that Arrow should have to honor the other shows in their 100th episode. I want the other shows to honor Arrow.

Arrow is so much more than just the Queen family.  I don't mind seeing a what if scenario played out, but for me, it's just not 100th anniversary material.  It seems to focus too much on what Arrow isn't. 

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Lily-n11 said:

An homage? Really? That's it? Man, I am so pissed about the 100th.  I mean so pissed off.  The entire damn episode should be about Oliver, his journey, his family,  OTA  and some villains that set him on his path like Malcolm and Vertigo.  And yes fully agree the other shows should be honoring Arrow.  Bah.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

If there was an issue with using her likeness, maybe concern over maybe not reaching a deal led to that monstrosity.  Its probably a prop that needed some prep time.

I meant, if there were issues with using her likeness, the show could have gone without the statue. :)

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Arrow is so much more than just the Queen family.  I don't mind seeing a what if scenario played out, but for me, it's just not 100th anniversary material.  It seems to focus too much on what Arrow isn't. 

I agree. They used to call it "a love letter to the fans" now WM in that interview called it "a love letter to that season [season 1]".

I really hope they will not ignore the parts that made me continue with the show (Oliver with OTA, Olicity, Oliver/Diggle bromance, Diggle/Felicity friendship). If Diggle and Felicity get eta: short appearances like they did in 3x14 that would not be okay for me.

Edited by Lily-n11
  • Love 7

For me, the problem with all these teases of what's coming is that I'd be interested if they were giving me what I want, which is basically most of 4A.  When you get your basic needs met, there is the flexibility to accept new things.

But I'm not getting what I want.  Oliver is off in some way, or maybe it's SA's acting, Felicity is sleeping with Mayo, and he's called Mayo for a reason, who at this point seems to be an awful plot contrivance, Diggle was away so there's barely been any OTA, Thea is in the hinterlands doing some plot with Lance, and my screen is filled with a bunch of new characters most of whom I don't like and who can't act.

If Oliver and Felicity were in the relationship they were in 4A, I'd love to see a Queen Family episode, a what if?.  I might even tolerate seeing Oliver as the groom to Laurel's bride. But I'm not getting what I want, and the idea that the 100th will be about the Queen family and sideline Diggle and Felicity some more just makes me ragey.

• Love 15

EPs again have wrong perception about the show and why in the first place show succeed.  At the moment, EPs&all writers with this onlline attitude toward online fans, actively destroying fandom. Their behavior is so rude and like they don't care anymore about certain part of fandom. It's baffling. And posing Q why?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

, and the idea that the 100th will be about the Queen family and sideline Diggle and Felicity some more just makes me ragey.

I don't think it will be about the Queen family. To me "homage" will be a series of flashbacks at best and cameos.  Even if they go back to season one Felicity and Diggle were critical in the latter half of s1.  

Personally, I want Oliver's life to be the focus of the 100th episode. The show is about Oliver after all, or at least it was...

• Love 3