Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

KC

501 Flashback 

508 Marrying Oliver (Alt Earth or alien induced)-Unexpected place at a very, very retrospectively expected time - Their Destiny!

510 Black Siren

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Chaser said:

If they are planning on bringing on a new BC, that would actually be the smart thing cause they need to dump that paperweight.

Literally dump it in the river as she says, "Bye bye, birdie," because once was not enough with that joke. 

And then Oliver needs to get recalled for wasting taxpayer money. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Question - If her contract is based on actual episode appearance, wouldn't 5x01 count because it aired in S5 even though it was filmed during S4?

Yup. It's the name in the credit that matters, not so much appearances nor when it films.

• Love 2

Speculation about Diggle's storyline: they break him out of jail tonight and he's a fugitive, stuck in the bunker with no outside life and his story arc is working to clear his name and bringing the bad guys that frame him to justice? It would sort of parallel how Felicity is also stuck in the bunker (although for her it's more self imposed than for external reasons) and contrasts to how Oliver is now the only one on the team that has a public and vigilante life.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

When Felicity told Rory what happened at the end of 5.03 I figured that was the end of her POV and that 5.04 would show his. I will be surprised if this story isn't wrapped up in a line or two. I don't know exactly what will happen but I expect he's not going to think she's a cold blooded murderer of thousands. (anti-Felicity viewpoint)

12 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Speculation about Diggle's storyline: they break him out of jail tonight and he's a fugitive, stuck in the bunker with no outside life and his story arc is working to clear his name and bringing the bad guys that frame him to justice? It would sort of parallel how Felicity is also stuck in the bunker (although for her it's more self imposed than for external reasons) and contrasts to how Oliver is now the only one on the team that has a public and vigilante life.

Please, please, please let this lead to Diggle/Felicity conversations.

If I"m stuck with Det Mayo, at least give me good OTA platonic scenes.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

A friend of mine was asking for spoilers while watching the first couple of episodes. He is convinced Felicity is going to be NuBC now. Lol

I can't with people. 

• Love 1
Just now, Chaser said:

A friend of mine was asking for spoilers while watching the first couple of episodes. He is convinced Felicity is going to be NuBC now. Lol

I can't with people. 

LOLLL I think this is mainly because Emily is so fit and healthy and definitely has the body and ability for it

• Love 5

So WildDog was in the Navy? Isn't mystery girl supposed to be former military?

4 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

LOLLL I think this is mainly because Emily is so fit and healthy and definitely has the body and ability for it

His reasoning is that she is supposed to get this new key role in 5b which is the same time the NuBC is supposed to happen. He thinks that the 'no mask' exchange was actually foreshadowing her getting a mask. He also thinks it gives them GA/BC but keeps Olicity. 

I just stared at him. Cause no.

• Love 4
Just now, Chaser said:

His reasoning is that she is supposed to get this new key role in 5b which is the same time the NuBC is supposed to happen. He thinks that the 'no mask' exchange was actually foreshadowing her getting a mask. He also thinks it gives them GA/BC but keeps Olicity. 

Tina was in the Navy. 

LOL I actually think it may be her going undercover or working with ARGUS IDK :p

• Love 2

FWIW, that Olicity-hating, reddit-quoting Forbes reviewer wrote a review for 501 that was quite positive, except for one "bad" thing - based on Laurel's dying words to Oliver, he's afraid that Felicity will become the new Black Canary. In other words, the reviewer criticized the show for something that hadn't happened, but that he feared would happen (he got a "sinking feeling").

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I remember this but it could be that she still feels the weight of what she has done (IMO it wouldn't be weird if she did for all her life), not that it's going to be an actual storyline after tonight. Just something that will still be there, below the surface. I think it can be open to interpretation and I honestly don't even know which one might be more likely.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Wasn't Wild Dog character discription of a Marine? I wonder why they changed it?

Would they have been working on 5x11 during filming? Maybe they changed it for "Tina"? Tho, I don't know why they wouldn't just change "Tina" to a marine, seems easier.

5 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I remember this but it could be that she still feels the weight of what she has done (IMO it wouldn't be weird if she did for all her life), not that it's going to be an actual storyline after tonight. Just something that will still be there, below the surface. I think it can be open to interpretation and I honestly don't even know which one might be more likely.

Isn't that enough? We get to see the fallout of her guilt, we get to see her learn to move on from it (not necessarily forgive herself)... It's not going to happen in 2 episodes considering Brian said that it's still paying dividends in 512, meaning it's scripted. I don't see any indication that they're going to drop Havenrock and forget about it. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Isn't that enough? We get to see the fallout of her guilt, we get to see her learn to move on from it (not necessarily forgive herself)... It's not going to happen in 2 episodes considering Brian said that it's still paying dividends in 512, meaning it's scripted. I don't see any indication that they're going to drop Havenrock and forget about it. 

For me no. I wanted them to go deep on the issue. If it is for you good, I don't want to argue on that, I just wanted to think about the possibilities since you posted that tweet.

-- S5 will introduce the recurring role of a cocksure/reckless ex-Marine turned vigilante. (Jun. 2, 2016 TVLine article, page 38 of Spoilers thread)
-- DC Comics character Wild Dog will appear in multiple episodes, starting with the season premiere, in S5.  He will be played by Rick Gonzalez ("RG").  Wild Dog is a new vigilante in Star City whose reckless and cocksure nature prompts Green Arrow (Stephen Amell) to take him under his wing.  (Jun. 15, 2016 Entertainment Weekly article, page 38 of Spoilers thread, and Jul. 1, 2016 TVLine article, page 39 of Spoilers thread)

-- According to Twitter the show has a casting call out for a principal recurring guest star role 'Tina' in the back half of the season with possibility of regular. People are talking about a script leak in which she is identified as a love interest.  Casting sides: "Scene 1: Rando alley. Tina fools a perp into thinking she's fragile, kicks his ass. Green Arrow observes, asks her to join the team again [the directions note this isn't the first time they met], Tina tells GA she doesn't like him, she doesn't want him as her team leader, it's super adversarial. Then he mentions some dude from her past and that the team can help her find him, and she starts to crack. 'Show me something you can find that the FBI didn't, and I'll think about joining your team,' or something like that... Scene 2: at the Arrow bunker. Tina is pounding the gym bag, Oliver arrives. She's frustrated about some Prometheus thing, he is apparently 'mr. disappearing act.' Oliver says Felicity and Curtis will find a location. She's woe-ing about her past as a Marine, and that being good enough is not enough, it's pretty much a self-actualization video script. And then Oliver tells her she's the best fighter he's ever seen, and it becomes flirty. They almost kiss, but Oliver's phone beeps with a location... Actual direction notes of this beat: 'They look at each other. Sexual tension palpable. Are we finally going to get an Oliver/Tina kiss? The tension broken by: PING! Oliver looks at his phone.'" (bijoux and dtissagirl posts, page 1137 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

Isn't the Marine Corp. part of the Navy?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Isn't the Marine Corp. part of the Navy?

In the US, no. It's a separate branch. And I suggest never ever saying that to a Marine in real life.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, Chaser said:

You're not the only one who has friends who think that. These are people who are offline but huge comic book fans. Also, male. I stare at them, too, mostly in wonderment because I love the idea, it's surprising, a gotcha, totally makes sense and Emily will absolutely kick ass in a physical role. BUT I've heard Guggie say NEVER way too many times.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, tv echo said:

And then Oliver tells her she's the best fighter he's ever seen, and it becomes flirty.

The best fighter he's ever seen? IN THE PRESENT? IN THIS TIMELINE? She's better than Sara?? Better than Nyssa? Better than GossipGhul? Malcolm? Is she Talia Al Ghul?

Sounds like a hint about the comics version of Black Canary being the best fighter.  HOOO BOY. I'm going to actually really laugh if she's a new Black Canary.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, tarotx said:

Maybe you are thinking that because they are under the U.S. Department of the Navy?

I got it now - the U.S. military has 5 branches: Army, Navy, Marine Corps, the Coast Guard and the Air Force. The Marines and the Navy are both overseen by the U.S. Dept of the Navy.

From that latest GATV article, it sounds like we're supposed to believe that both Oliver & Felicity have both moved on and are totally fine with each other dating other people now... almost like the last two years never happened. I'm still not convinced it's just a ship stall and not the EPs' attempt to end Olicity.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Stephen told us “you’re either romantically involved or you’re not.”

“Oliver and Felicity, in my mind, are reconciled. Everything’s on the same page with them. Everything’s on the table. They’re just not together,” he said." 

Nobody ever told Steve about the "it's complicated" kind of being romantically involved, right.

• Love 8
Just now, dtissagirl said:

Nobody ever told Steve about the "it's complicated" kind of being romantically involved, right.

I mean, i KNOW he's not saying they don't still love each other. That those feelings turn off like a light switch? Or what? Like... what is the dude trying to prove here. 

• Love 1

It really sounds like they have no idea how to talk about olicity. Like they need them to stay broken up still but they don't want to mention why they broke up because then they would have to bring up the baby mama drama and everyone hated that. So we get these type of answers. 

Idk how Oliver and Felicity are on the same page and have everything on the table when Oliver is hoping they get back together and Felicity has a bf she didn't tell him about and is saying they don't have the type of relationship where she can talk to Oliver about her problems. So they're not even writting them as fully reconciled even as friends imo. 

• Love 16
Just now, HeroLeague said:

Is she though, I dont think BC is considered the best fighter in the DCU. 

I just am going by what I've generally read in synopses etc. that she is supposedly better than most other than maybe Lady Shiva. I dunno. I'm not an expert at all.  Maybe some others who know about her better can offer opinion.

• Love 2

I find their (the EPs and SA) attitude of "stop asking about Olicity staaaaahp" almost amusing at this point. Like, what did they expect? The show spent the better part of 3.5 seasons teasing and then actually showing them in a relationship. Just because they're suddenly trying to pretend none of that happened doesn't mean the audience is going to forget and stop asking them about it.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 19
20 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I think he's saying NOROMO! NOROMO! NOROMO! because that's what you say during 'ship stalling.

SNORT! True story though... 

17 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

It's a total non-answer LOL.

It's the non-answeriest of non-answers. It's saying the same thing he's said before in a different way and trying to make it sound new. 

11 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

It really sounds like they have no idea how to talk about olicity. Like they need them to stay broken up still but they don't want to mention why they broke up because then they would have to bring up the baby mama drama and everyone hated that. So we get these type of answers. 

Idk how Oliver and Felicity are on the same page and have everything on the table when Oliver is hoping they get back together and Felicity has a bf she didn't tell him about and is saying they don't have the type of relationship where she can talk to Oliver about her problems. So they're not even writting them as fully reconciled even as friends imo. 

This this this this this. They can't be on the same page, be reconciled, have everything on the table. Felicity told Curtis last week that she can't talk to Oliver about her Havenrock issues because they don't have that kind of relationship anymore. What... FRIENDS? Because she's talking to Curtis about it and he's not a romantic interest, he's just a friend. SO if Felicity and Oliver were truly on the same page, she could tell him anything. But she doesn't feel she can. So I'm calling bs on that one. 

Also can they please stop asking Stephen questions? I'm really not digging his answers these days. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, HeroLeague said:

Is she though, I dont think BC is considered the best fighter in the DCU. 

My comment was really more about why Oliver would declare her the best fighter he's ever seen when he's dealt with the likes of all that I listed and I'll throw in Shado,Yao-Fei, Deathstroke to boot.

Maybe Oliver said it just so he can get in her pants if he's being flirty.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

^^ This sounds about right.

It actually distracts me more that they're going so out of their way to noromo it up. Like, the boobs have to be completely oblivious to reality to not know O/F were engaged 8 months ago. And nobody thinks it's weird that they're working closely together every night? Evelyn, please do your teenage job and start asking invasive questions.

• Love 22

Probably varies a bit but, this list puts her at #14 out of the Top 15 Hand to Hand Fighters in DC Comics

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/comics/dc_comics/top-15-best-hand-to-hand-fighters-in-dc-a143079

Thanks, interesting list. I expected Batman to take #1/2 but #4 is not bad.

My comment was really more about why Oliver would declare her the best fighter he's ever seen when he's dealt with the likes of all that I listed and I'll throw in Shado,Yao-Fei, Deathstroke to boot.

Noted.

Edited by HeroLeague
3 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

^^ This sounds about right.

It actually distracts me more that they're going so out of their way to noromo it up. Like, the boobs have to be completely oblivious to reality to not know O/F were engaged 8 months ago. And nobody thinks it's weird that they're working closely together every night? Evelyn, please do your teenage job and start asking invasive questions.

I have a question. Do we know that Oliver and Felicity's engagement still happened since Barry fucked up the universe?  Or did I just not pay enough attention and it was verified that it still stands in the altered timeline

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

I have a question. Do we know that Oliver and Felicity's engagement still happened since Barry fucked up the universe?  Or did I just not pay enough attention and it was verified that it still stands in the altered timeline

I'm pretty sure they showed the engagement and their break-up in the 'Previously on Arrow' summary before 501 began. So I think it still happened.

Other than that, we wouldn't know because they're acting like it didn't.