Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Just now, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm hoping it's Oliver to Felicity although the fact that the speaker is "doing a lot of talking" makes me think it's not him. (Because Oliver is not really loquacious. Although he gets chatty with Felicity when exposition calls for it.) Maybe Curtis to Felicity? Or, God forbid, Det. Tiny Hands to Felicity. I'm thinking Felicity because I expect her to be rather subdued following the Havenrock revelation. Unless these idiots basically sweep that under the rug in the first 10 minutes of the ep.

• Love 3

I think it's either Curtis to Felicity or Mayo to Felicity.

I can imagine Felicity being quiet because of Havenrock or that she's trying to think of a better plan to rescue Diggle without making him a fugitive.

Edited by ComicFan777
13 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm thinking Felicity because I expect her to be rather subdued following the Havenrock revelation. Unless these idiots basically sweep that under the rug in the first 10 minutes of the ep.

Considering Felicity and noobTeam vs. Church apparently ends with one of the members being caught and tortured, I'm guessing Felicity's issues aren't over just yet, luckily (for plot reasons for Felicity, obviously not for the character who gets put in that position).

• Love 1

I hope that Felicity isn't painted as the bad guy for not supporting Lyla's plan.  From what I gathered from the promo, I think that Felicity has a valid point that if they just break him out, he would be a fugitive for life and most likely couldn't be on the run with his family, given that Lyla is the head of ARGUS.  I'm sure if they put their heads together, they could find another way.

With Diggle's mindset right now (feeling like he deserves to go to prison), it seems weird that he would be willing to run away with Oliver.

• Love 12

Felicity's Havenrock arc is supposed to be 502 - 505.  I used to be so excited for 505 and now I just dread it.

14 minutes ago, way2interested said:

apparently ends with one of the members being caught and tortured,

Pleease let it be Wild Dog.  It's too much to hope that he dies or quits the team because he's in the crossover episodes (more than just Arrow, blech) but I really don't like time spent on him unless it's other people talking about him.

• Love 4

Why are people thinking/saying the Havenrock stuff ends in 5x5? I thought her and Digs stories both carried over into 5b.

Yeah I agree about 5x5 though, i dread what will happen next more than looking forward to it.  That's why i'm not watching and just following along here. I may marathon it after the season ends idk.

From tv echo's excellent list:-

- MG: "In the first five episodes, we face head-on the decision that Felicity made [that led to the destruction of Havenrock]... We are most definitely not ignoring it.” Following that, though, MG cryptically teased what could be Felicity jumping in on the action: "We’re positioning her to do something in the second half of the year that is really, really key, and that isn’t about her relationship with Oliver or even necessarily her father or her mother. It’s really new territory for her, and we’ve very excited about it. Some big things are going to happen with Felicity.” (Sep. 9, 2016 Entertainment Weekly article, page 44 of Spoilers thread)

-- On Havenrock, EBR: "She's carrying this huge amount of guilt, and she's not letting it go in any way. All it's doing is festering up and around episodes 3-5 [of Season 5] we're going to see her break." Also, because of Havenrock, EBR understands that Felicity can no longer be light. (Sep. 1, 2016 NKD Magazine article, page 1129 of Spoiler Discussion thread, and page 467 of Social Media thread)

-- jbuffyangel: "I didn’t even have to prompt him [MG] for this one you guys. He just gave it to me. He said they are going to deal with Felicity and Havenrock. He said that it won’t be episode after episode of Felicity 'wringing her hands' BUT they are going to dig deep on it. It’s going to be a HUGE part of her arc this year. BIG."  (SDCC, Jul. 23, 2016: jbuffyangel recap of conversation with MG, page 40 of Spoilers thread)

-- On Havenrock, EBR: "That is her crux of the season. She definitely carries a lot on her shoulders from that. I mean, choosing the lesser  of two evils doesn't really, you know, eliminate the fact that she killed 10,000 people... And also there has to be something said about doing something you feel guilty about that is at such a distance, but you were the main part of it. Like, it is, you know, across the country and that, you know, she's probably at home checking up on the news every day and if people come to her that she meets that are from there, how does that guilt, you know, stir her up? And how long can she bottle it up and forget about it until it, you know, [unintelligible word] in her nightmares or her demons."  She asked to show more of Felicity's feeling guilt over Havenrock. (SDCC, Jul. 23, 2016: Nerdophiles video of press roundtable interview with EBR and ComicBook article, page 40 of Spoilers thread)

It's only jbuffyangel who seems to think that Havenrock carries through the season. The rest make it sound like Havenrock is dealt with by  505 and there's something else in 5b.

Edited by statsgirl

Isn't there also the thing with Felicity that's hers alone and not what we would expect? That's terrible phrasing but something like that? I'm sure that's what's coming in 5b because I can't see them dragging out Havenrock all season. I mean, good writers could do that, but that's not what we're working with here. 

Yeah, it was something about a key role different from anything else she had done and it didn't involve Oliver or her parents.

One of the writers did say they set up something in 5x02 that was still paying dividends in 5x12.

I didn't think Havenrock stretched that far and I can't figure out what he could be referring too. What else happened with Felicity in 5x02 besides Havenrock?

25 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Yeah, it was something about a key role different from anything else she had done and it didn't involve Oliver or her parents.

One of the writers did say they set up something in 5x02 that was still paying dividends in 5x12.

I didn't think Havenrock stretched that far and I can't figure out what he could be referring too. What else happened with Felicity in 5x02 besides Havenrock?

I think that was referring to Diggle's plot, or at least that's now also what they've been saying, that Diggle's story is carrying over to 512 at this point.

I'll have to find the tweet. I thought he said it was for both Diggle and Felicity.

Found it. He said they both start their own stories that are still paying dividends.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Chaser said:

Finding, recruiting and training new Vigilantes? I remember something happening in 502 that was "aha this is the dividends!" but now i can't remember what it was.

(edited)

I was debating on the correct place for this question, if it belongs in social media let me know.

My question mostly for @quarks and/or @dtissagirl

Although anyone else can answer if they know. Arrow is clearly running 2 days behind schedule. They wrapped 508 2 days late which delayed 509 filming and 510 has been pushed back 2 days as well. However, the filming dates on the script covers haven't been adjusted. Is there a reason for that? Just laziness or some sort of SAG/WAG rules?

Edited by Morrigan2575

Looks that way. Per the script cover, 509 was supposed to wrap on Thursday 10/20 but AN and SA announced Monday as the wrap. Again, per the cover 510 should have started on 10/21 but didn't start filming until yesterday, at least implied by MG holding the script release until yesterday. 

• Love 1

I know Marc has released scripts well in to shooting sometimes. I think they could still wrap an episode while filming another episode on the same time. It all depends on who needs to film which scene on which day for the episode. I do remember Stephen saying he filmed scenes for 5x10 last week as well.

(edited)

Yes but again MG releases scripts the very next day after the director announces a wrap. This can't be a coincidence.

Look at the history, BamBam announces a wrap for 508, next day MG releases the 509 script title. AN announces a wrap on 509, next day MG tweets the 510 script cover.  This isn't MG forgetting to release the scripts he's deliberately holding them back.

So yes, as far as I can see they are 2 days behind principal filming.

I do remember Stephen saying he filmed scenes for 5x10 last week as well.

Which is neither here nor there. Shows can/will film scenes based on scheduling. It's possible that whatever was filmed for 510 was done to accommodate KC since she's filming in Boston this week.

Edited by Morrigan2575
6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Which is neither here nor there. Shows can/will film scenes based on scheduling. It's possible that whatever was filmed for 510 was done to accommodate KC since she's filming in Boston this week.

I believe she was in Boston last week as well so those scenes didn't involve her. I am not sure if she's back in Vancouver the last pic she posted was her on a plan but knowing KC I am not sure if that is new or old.

3 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

I believe she was in Boston last week as well so those scenes didn't involve her. I am not sure if she's back in Vancouver the last pic she posted was her on a plan but knowing KC I am not sure if that is new or old.

I don't recall him talking about 510 last week, do you happen to.knwo if that was posted here?

I recall him talking about 510 scenes during the big I'm filming 5 different episodes during super crossover week. I remember that because we discussed it here that it could be KC filming 508 and 510 while she was in town.

27 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't recall him talking about 510 last week, do you happen to.knwo if that was posted here?

I recall him talking about 510 scenes during the big I'm filming 5 different episodes during super crossover week. I remember that because we discussed it here that it could be KC filming 508 and 510 while she was in town.

Yeah that's when he mentioned 5.10, I thought that was last week? 

Edit: Yes just checked the social media thread, he said it on his facebook live from last Tuesday(Oct. 18) and KC was still in Boston.

Edited by Cleanqueen

First, we tried to get answers from Executive Producer Wendy Mericle. “I can tease that she’s coming back,” Wendy said, without offering solid details. “We’re really excited to have her, and it’s absolutely going to be a surprising, cool way that we bring her back,” she teased.

Series lead Stephen Amell expanded a little bit more about how and where we will find her. “We find her in a very unexpected spot at a very, very retrospectively expected time,” Stephen said.

Finally, Executive Producer Greg Berlanti offered the most explicit details of her return, revealing that we’ll be seeing Laurel in several alternate ways. “She gets to play a couple of different things this year. She’s not just playing a character this year. She’s a couple of different things,” Berlanti said.

We asked if Black Siren, seen in The Flash’s “Invincible,” is still on the table.

Berlanti nodded that yes, she is. Hmm…

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-100-interviews-how-does-katie-cassidy-return-to-the-fold/

Edited by tarotx
16 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

I wish they could get Amanda Tapping. But now i wonder if she had some issues with Bamford during SG1

AT would be great. Plus I'm sure she still knows all the woods around Vancouver for outdoor shots. I'm getting tired of the bro club directing. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, tarotx said:

First, we tried to get answers from Executive Producer Wendy Mericle. “I can tease that she’s coming back,” Wendy said, without offering solid details. “We’re really excited to have her, and it’s absolutely going to be a surprising, cool way that we bring her back,” she teased.

Series lead Stephen Amell expanded a little bit more about how and where we will find her. “We find her in a very unexpected spot at a very, very retrospectively expected time,” Stephen said.

Finally, Executive Producer Greg Berlanti offered the most explicit details of her return, revealing that we’ll be seeing Laurel in several alternate ways. “She gets to play a couple of different things this year. She’s not just playing a character this year. She’s a couple of different things,” Berlanti said.

We asked if Black Siren, seen in The Flash’s “Invincible,” is still on the table.

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-100-interviews-how-does-katie-cassidy-return-to-the-fold/

Wow so spoilery. So I see them basically making up a random character for her in 5x10 just so they can honor this deal

• Love 1

I have no idea why they aren't updating the script dates, but Arrow has filmed out of sequence before and/or had either the director of the next episode do some pickup work or the second unit director conduct additional filming outside those dates for various reasons. At most, they might run into a bit of trouble with the Directors Guild, but then again, as long as the principal director gets full credit and the second unit directors are credited, they're probably fine. 

In terms of running over time - the shoot for 508 and the related crossover episodes looked like a nightmare to me, so I'm not particularly surprised that they ended up needing some additional shooting time. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Wow so spoilery. So I see them basically making up a random character for her in 5x10 just so they can honor this deal

I wonder if she has to be in a certain number of episodes.

At the celebration of “Arrow’s” 100th episode, Joe Dinicol — who plays Ragman — weighed in on Felicity’s confession as well as Rory’s response to it, teasing, “I will say his reaction is fairly unexpected. I think it’s very interesting how he reacts. It’s very specific. It’s a real window into the kind of guy he is.”

“Even from him walking away when she told him… he’s a very thoughtful guy, very introspective; he doesn’t take things very lightly, sometimes in a good way, sometimes a bad way,” he added. “When it comes to this, I don’t think his reactions are ever knee-jerk. He weighs things very carefully. He will certainly do that with this, and then what side he comes down on, we’ll see.”

I need to stop reading this crap because this kinda makes it sound like Felicity's confession is all about Ragman and what kind of guy he is. I hope there's more to this than that. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I need to stop reading this crap because this kinda makes it sound like Felicity's confession is all about Ragman and what kind of guy he is. I hope there's more to this than that.

You mean like it's all about manpain? Yeah, color me surprised!

• Love 6

How will I ever understand or connect to a story if it's not about a man? My lady brain is too small and fragile for complexity. To be fair, JD is talking about his character. Have we had any interviews with EBR about Havenrock? Did I miss them or tune them all out?

How many more story lines are we going to have where the character reacts "unexpectedly?" Just once, I want a quote like, "My character does exactly what you think he/she would do."

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

I don't think they are going to make something up for her. I know some on social media think Katie's going to be Black Canary again and Tina is to throw people off (that she'll just be Wild Dog's girl or something) but Katie is already two things. To me it seems she's just going to be whatever she is in the dreamland and then Black Siren.

6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I need to stop reading this crap because this kinda makes it sound like Felicity's confession is all about Ragman and what kind of guy he is. I hope there's more to this than that.

That's the Ragman actor's POV so it's hard to know. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, RussianRoulette said:

You mean like it's all about manpain? Yeah, color me surprised!

No, just that the focus was more on Ragman than on Felicity. I think it's fair that we'd see his POV, of course, but I want this to be more about Felicity. She's always used for everyone else's storylines. It's annoying.

For the record I'm pretty happy with how they've approached the Havenrock storyline so far so it could be totally fine, but sometimes I side-eye these interviews tbh. 

Edited by Angel12d

Have any interviews with EBR been released from the 100th party? Because the comic sites are releasing interviews about the comic people-I haven't seen much else. 

The show's track record gives people reason to be skeptical, but maybe don't rage about it JUST yet? 

• Love 2

I'm at the point where I'm just expecting the boobs to do all the press this year. I don't think its the smart move but whatever. I'm pretty much taking what they are saying with a grain of salt.

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

No, just that the focus was more on Ragman than on Felicity. I think it's fair that we'd see his POV, of course, but I want this to be more about Felicity.

For the record I'm pretty happy with how they've approached the Havenrock storyline so far so it could be totally fine, but sometimes I side-eye these interviews tbh. 

Sorry, I actually understood what you meant! Just plain sarcasm on my part!  My perception is that the storyline will be all about him and not Felicity. I'm jumping to conclusions because it has been a pattern as far as Felicity's PoV is concerned. 

Just now, apinknightmare said:

Have any interviews with EBR been released from the 100th party? Because the comic sites are releasing interviews about the comic people-I haven't seen much else. 

The show's track record gives people reason to be skeptical, but maybe don't rage about it JUST yet? 

I'm not raging. Just side eying.

But no, I've not seen any interviews with EBR either.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, tarotx said:

Berlanti nodded that yes, she is. Hmm…

That's a lot of word salad. SA's part makes the most sense. Mid season is when they reaffirm the theme. She appears in 5x10 to get the whole 'Legacy' conversation starting again (no doubt to kick off the search for the nuBC).

Hahah, they're totally going to find BS staring at the Scary Laurel statue in 510

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:
I saw this but I don't know if it's new.

That just sounds like her problem with working with Rory gets resolved, not necessarily her guilt about Havenrock. I hope so anyway. We'll see.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

That just sounds like her problem with working with Rory gets resolved, not necessarily her guilt about Havenrock. I hope so anyway. We'll see.

It's hard to tell for me. I definitely think she and Rory get to an understanding in this episode and that's the end of it but for the rest it could be either the end of it as a storyline (and we will only see in Emily's performance a Felicity not in peace with herself) or there could be more.

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Hahah, they're totally going to find BS staring at the Scary Laurel statue in 510

Maybe she destroys the statue and that's how she gets on their radar.

If they are planning on bringing on a new BC, that would actually be the smart thing cause they need to dump that paperweight.

• Love 2

When Felicity told Rory what happened at the end of 5.03 I figured that was the end of her POV and that 5.04 would show his. I will be surprised if this story isn't wrapped up in a line or two. I don't know exactly what will happen but I expect he's not going to think she's a cold blooded murderer of thousands. (anti-Felicity viewpoint)