Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I am expecting a rather heartbreaking moment when she asks Barry if Havenrock ever happened in the original timeline. 

Maybe mention the break up with Oliver over his lie and mention it was never the child but Oliver choosing not to tell her the truth and a light bulb goes off over his head. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Detectice Mayo hangs around longer then some of us think, but that doesn't mean they are together. I still think they break up pretty early cause I think she is kissing HT in 5x05. They said her storyline starts in 5x02 and she starts to break in the episodes after. I think they break up in 5x02, probably prompted by the stress of flashpoint and Havenrock.

I don't think Olicity get together in 5x05 but I still think that 'clarity' is positive. Even if Oliver thinks he has to move on, if Felicity realizes she still loves him, it's a positive. 

Yeah, since this is the same show that made sure that Ray and Felicity were broken up within the first 10 minutes of the episode where Oliver and Felicity have sex, I'm at least thinking that something happens by 505. Maybe the show is taking on mini-arcs, since they keep talking about 502-505 in one case and then 510-512ish in another sense. 

I'm thinking that the clarity is in the same way.

5 minutes ago, ARLES said:

It seems odd to me we have no sings the dude has been filming since 501/502 and he now has a full beard

Yeah, that is a bit odd. But I'd take that with a grain of salt tbh. He could be offscreen and still be a boyfriend. Or he might not be filming anything new until later in the season. We just don't know. I hope he only lasts a few episodes but would they announce him as a season regular for 2 episodes? IDK how that works.

I really need to see 505 before I try and guess where they're going with O/F. I think whatever happens in that episode will inform the rest of their journey. 

I still feel like O/F will end up together eventually. Just not this season. I'm sure they'll have 'moments' to bait/tease the audience though. Haha, of course!

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Yeah, that is a bit odd. But I'd take that with a grain of salt tbh. He could be offscreen and still be a boyfriend. Or he might not be filming anything new until later in the season. We just don't know. I hope he only lasts a few episodes but would they announce him as a season regular for 2 episodes? IDK how that works.

I really need to see 505 before I try and guess where they're going with O/F. I think whatever happens in that episode will inform the rest of their journey. 

I still feel like O/F will end up together eventually. Just not this season. I'm sure they'll have 'moments' to bait/tease the audience though. Haha, of course!

I think they have past all that, so of this dude has not filmed since say 501/502 we have no sings that he has, has been rocking a full beard. 

who the hell is felicity kissing? 

If she not kissing him then something is up, and I dont think she is. 

2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Do you mean hypothetically announcing him as a season regular? Because the new regular was Josh Segarra's character, not Tyler Ritter's. His is just "recurring."

1 minute ago, ARLES said:

I think they have past all that, so of this dude has not filmed since say 501/502 we have no sings that he has, has been rocking a full beard. 

who the hell is felicity kissing? 

If she not kissing him then something is up, and I dont think she is. 

There were theories earlier in the thread about her kissing Human Target thinking he's Oliver. That's still a (remote) possibility. But the kiss also happens in the Police station so it could go either way at this point. Haha, why do they all look so alike?!

Just now, way2interested said:

Do you mean hypothetically announcing him as a season regular? Because the new regular was Josh Segarra's character, not Tyler Ritter's. His is just "recurring."

Oh, was he just recurring? I got mixed up. Well, that's a good sign then!

I completely missed that EW posted an interview with Guggenheim yesterday -- http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/04/arrow-season-5-spoilers . This is the most I've seen they talk about Detective Mayo:

What about some of these other new characters, like Detective Malone (Tyler Ritter), Vigilante (Josh Segarra), Susan Williams (Carly Pope), who we know has a connection to Hal Jordan in the comics?

Yep. It’s fun. First of all, we’ve been very, very lucky to get some amazing actors to come play with us in season 5. We introduced the character of Malone mainly because we realized that, when we were breaking story, we were like, “You know what we don’t have, is we don’t have a Lance (Paul Blackthorne) in the police department anymore. We don’t have someone in the SCPD who our team can interact with and work cases with.” Tyler Ritter, we created his character to be a little bit like an anti-Lance. He’s obviously younger than Lance. He’s a bit more on the side of vigilantes than Lance originally was, but he’s got resources within the police department that we can utilize.

Susan Williams is actually a character we’ve been wanting to do since season 1. We’ve always wanted — and every year we talk about it, and every year, for whatever reason, we don’t get a chance to do it — there to be a reporter that would basically represent the city, but also clash with Oliver. We felt, with Oliver as mayor, this is the perfect year to finally do this, to finally introduce the dynamic of the press in Star City. Bethany Snow’s (Keri Adams) not going anywhere, but Susan very much looms very large for Oliver and his administration. She’s not a pushover, and she’s someone who Oliver’s going to have to work very, very hard to win over.

Also, I never realized they changed Lance's job for each season:

With that in mind, what’s next for Lance this season?
I don’t want to fully spoil it. I’ll tease that one of the things that we enjoy doing with Lance is we, generally speaking, violated this last year, but we like the idea that each season, he’s got a new job. In season 1, obviously he was a detective. In season 2, he was a beat cop. In season 3 and 4, he was the police captain. Obviously at the end of season 4, we fired him. He lost his job in the police department, he is not returning to the police department, that’s why we created the Malone character. So he’s going to have a brand new job that has nothing to do with law enforcement, and I’m going to let people speculate as to what that could be.

Paul Blackthorne mentioned at SDCC that Lance's working a lot with Thea, so he gets a job at City Hall, I guess?

I read that interview yesterday. The quotes looked familiar so I couldn't figure out if it was new or a mesh of stuff. 

Thats why I think the BF may appear more later on but I still think think the relationship is over early. 

Lance getting a job at city hall is a good move. I was worried he would slip back but it sounds like that isn't they case. I'm glad. I don't want a repeat of all the other seasons.

It certainly sounds like they could set up something romantic-ish with the Reporter. Which, I don't want, but temp love interests introduced early work better than 5b ones. 

If Malone is on the anti-Crime Task Force he might film one day per episode he is in which might not be many. I don't think his primary role is love interest because I don't expect Felicity to get much focus outside the bunker. I think the kiss in the promo is with him and its sole purpose is for Oliver to see and propel him forward.  He is probably going to have to date 1 or 2 women before he decides to fight for Felicity (if then) similar to what happened in S1 with Laurel. There is a reason they are avoiding any and all talk regarding Oliver and Felicity as a couple. Btw, if SM is an indication of who is filming don't expect much Felicity or Diggle.

2 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

If Malone is on the anti-Crime Task Force he might film one day per episode he is in which might not be many. I don't think his primary role is love interest because I don't expect Felicity to get much focus outside the bunker. I think the kiss in the promo is with him and its sole purpose is for Oliver to see and propel him forward.  He is probably going to have to date 1 or 2 women before he decides to fight for Felicity (if then) similar to what happened in S1 with Laurel. There is a reason they are avoiding any and all talk regarding Oliver and Felicity as a couple. Btw, if SM is an indication of who is filming don't expect much Felicity or Diggle.

we know Emily is filiming she may not share BTS shots but she pops in them alot. 

Same as David. 

My issue is the dude has got a full beard, and has had it for a while, dude Felicity is kissing does not have a beard. Unless he shaved it, and has super human hair growth, its not him, if that kiss is not in episode 2, I dont see how it can be him. 

6 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

think the kiss in the promo is with him and its sole purpose is for Oliver to see and propel him forward.  

Basically, Ray kiss 2.0. 

Also why on earth would anyone need a new canary? Does that lead to legacy? Is it like BTVS and her slayer training school? Here it will be the 'Canary-legacy-school-for untrained vigilantes who get hurt or die' 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

CW would never approve a beard like that ....

So Im thinking the dude disappears after 502, and maybe comes back later on in the season. 

Anarky was recurring, he went missing for 10+ episodes. Lady cop was recurring, we never saw her after 1 episode. 

For those who think Felicity is kissing Human Target thinking it's Oliver, Wil Traval did like 2 tweets mentioning his character kissing Felicity. One said to stop smooching her. The other asked if he was. The likes could mean something or nothing at all.  I am not against this scenario. I have just heard too much about S1 callbacks and I know how Oliver's romantic arc played out there which is making me grumpy. 

I'm gonna be fucking livid if they replace Baby!Sara with Connor.  I'm sorry but that will be disgusting on so many levels I just can't even.  I hope it just means that he has two children now instead of one but I have terrible feeling that won't be the case. 

Felicity is supposedly reeling and struggling with Havenrock aftermath.  To me this will be a rebound relationship and sometimes rebound is mistaken for love before you wake up and realize you're not in love but you're in need.  I'm okay with it as long as it has a short duration.

• Love 4

The thing is that kid looked a lot older than Sara so does this mean Diggle has a kid with someone else? He and Lyla only got back together in s2. That kid looks older than that.

This show thinks it's giving me roses when really it's just garbage and it STINKS.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

Honestly, every time someone mentions Detective Mayo, I want to gag a little. I think this is an awful idea for a storyline. I mean, if they needed connections to the SCPD why not just make him her friend? Instead you've got Felicity, who was willing to marry Oliver less than six months ago, inviting another guy into her apartment, that she shared with Oliver less than six months a go, and kissing his tiny hands, which is just weird. 

I'm going to see how it plays out, but it's not looking positive. 

• Love 15

I'm preparing myself for Det Mayo to be around  as the (vomit) boyfriend for awhile even if he's off-screen. Then, if he's not, I can be pleasantly surprised. However, I'll be taking a bathroom break or just being elsewhere during their (tiny) handsy scene. I have no time for that, and if I don't see it, it didn't happen.

Bummed and kinda grossed out if they replaced Sara with a boy child. I'd love it to be in addition to Sara, but TIIC probably won't give Digg two kids right now. I can't wait to hear the justification for replacing Sara. They will be shocked that anyone sees it as sexist and gross.

Man, I wish my brain would obsess about a good show with quality writers. At least, I have the actors to get me through. 

• Love 11

Maybe they are going with Diggle had a kid with someone else before he got back with Lyla. 

I hope they don't replace Connor with Sara. I wouldn't put it past them not to think anything of replacing a girl with yet another boy. 

• Love 4

Wow, Oliver and Thea talking about being mayor was sooooo boring.  And I thought it would be the interesting part of the episode.

Expectations lowered some more.

I think Baby Sara is gone now. If she were still alive, wouldn't Diggle have her picture up as well as John Jr's?

2 hours ago, Lidach said:

8. Felicity is very in love with Detective Malone, who may or may not be one of corrupted cops. I think he isn't. And bonus - Oliver maybe isn't aware of his existence?

Oliver not knowing about it makes it 1000X worse.  Felicity broke up with him because he wasn't honest with her, and now, in spite of working with him in the bunker almost every day, she's not being honest with him about where she is in her life.  (It's funny that we were talking in the Quiver thread yesterday about how awful it was on the Murdoch Mysteries when they wrote an alternate love interest for Julia just to stall the ship.  It never works, writers!)

Between this and the possibility of baby Sara replaced by a boy who will grow up to be a mask, just how much do they want us to hate Barry?  Really?   Because I hate him enough already.

1 hour ago, dtissagirl said:

Susan very much looms very large for Oliver and his administration. She’s not a pushover, and she’s someone who Oliver’s going to have to work very, very hard to win over.

That shouts Love Interest to me.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Am I being an idiot for hoping this means Sara now has an older brother courtesy of Flashpoint, rather than the gross erasure of a little girl? Because if that is Connor, they literally just erased a girl without a mask destiny for a boy who will likely suit up in his future. Gross. 

I agree with others that Sara is probably gone. I also think that John Jr is older than Sara and quite possibly not Lyla's kid, and that John and Lyla never got back together at all? Given how involved Lyla has been in some pretty big moments on the show (her abduction in S3), I'm not sure how they could possibly explain away her absence related to those things, but they...probably just won't. Fuck this.

• Love 7

I want Oliver to know about the BF because I don't want to watch puppy Oliver. I also don't want them to imply that he is being lead on in anyway. However, they've been broken up for the better part of a year if she feels like keeping her romantic/personal life away from Oliver and the bunker then she has a right too. Oliver isn't owed that information. 

Susan very much looms very large for Oliver and his administration. She’s not a pushover, and she’s someone who Oliver’s going to have to work very, very hard to win over.

That's funny, I wonder if Oliver will ever work very, very hard to win over Felicity. Dude doesn't even try. Sorry. *Bitter*

I have no desire to watch Oliver be longing puppy thinking he's in with a chance with Felicity while she sucks face with her slice of extra stale loaf. Poor Felicity deserves better than the bus she's under with this. She's still got tire tracks from last season and the baby mama crap. *Shields her*

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

I want Oliver to know about the BF because I don't want to watch puppy Oliver. I also don't want them to imply that he is being lead on in anyway. However, they've been broken up for the better part of a year if she feels like keeping her romantic/personal life away from Oliver and the bunker then she has a right too. Oliver isn't owed that information. 

Doc Brown mentioned in her review something about Oliver and Felicity's "attraction" to each other coming into play, and that one of them was reading more into it than the other. It seems like maybe they might be flirting? Which...I really hope not. If Oliver thinks he has a chance for whatever reason and he's wrong, that's cool. If he thinks he has a chance because they've been flirting while she has a boyfriend, well...I really hope they don't do that. But I'm not convinced they won't, since she flirted him while she was with Ray.

• Love 6

I feel very strongly that an ex you were once engaged to should be told that you have moved on to someone else.  Especially when you're seeing him just about every day in his night job.

Let me put it this way .... if it were Roy or Thea or Diggle down there working with her, I"m sure they would have heard that she's dating this new guy and maybe something about their relationship.  Not telling Oliver means she's deliberately not telling him.  And if she's flirty with Oliver, it just makes her worse.  Like BMD worse. Maybe they want to show she's as bad as Oliver was.

3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Poor Felicity deserves better than the bus she's under with this. She's still got tire tracks from last season and the baby mama crap. *Shields her*

Exactly.  And the Havenrock stuff is still to come.

This crap better be over when Flashpoint is.

• Love 2

I don't think its going to be flirt-flirt. I think it's going to be a S2 flirt: A little eye-sex (they got chemistry they can't help it) and a friendly tease that can be read into if a party wanted too. Nothing overt or heavy handed. YMMV tho, I saw comfortable teasing when she was with Ray not flirting.

If Oliver makes a move than of course I want her to say something. 

Question, did they say they already have a conversation about their relationship or did they say that that is a conversation they will have?

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2

WM has already described Felicity's boyfriend as "a straight shooter good guy that we’re really hoping the audience likes and pulls for." So it's unlikely that Detective Malone will turn out to be a corrupt cop.  I think it's more likely that he'll be killed by a corrupt cop.

They're not gonna make Evelyn the new BC because she's too young to be a potential romantic interest for Oliver.  What do you bet that "Tina" turns out to be the casting alias for a new character whose last name is Drake?

After reading the Nerdist recap, I'm not sure I even want to watch 501 tonight.

• Love 2

Regarding the previews - I'm all for better fights and stunts and Oliver not being so dumb about not killing people, but he was pretty needlessly violent.

Not sure how I feel about it, and wonder if they'll give any kind of explanation for it whatsoever. Because he had to be talked into killing Darhk and IIRC still didn't seem to be all that sold on murder in the finale. He's weathered sexual dry spells before man, a summer without getting any could NOT have pushed him this far!

If Oliver doesn't know about the new boyfriend, then apparently they didn't talk enough.

I don't think they are going to kill Malone because as they said, they'll need someone in the PD to help Oliver now that Lance is gone.  (Maybe he's the new Commissioner?)  It would still be more interesting if he turns out to be Prometheus though.

4 minutes ago, tv echo said:

What do you bet that "Tina" turns out to be the casting alias for a new character whose last name is Drake?

To quote Challenger (The Lost World), I never bet on a certainty.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I feel very strongly that an ex you were once engaged to should be told that you have moved on to someone else.  Especially when you're seeing him just about every day in his night job.

Let me put it this way .... if it were Roy or Thea or Diggle down there working with her, I"m sure they would have heard that she's dating this new guy and maybe something about their relationship.  Not telling Oliver means she's deliberately not telling him.  And if she's flirty with Oliver, it just makes her worse.  Like BMD worse. Maybe they want to show she's as bad as Oliver was.

Exactly.  And the Havenrock stuff is still to come.

This crap better be over when Flashpoint is.

She's avoiding right? Rebounding? Hiding? Trying to move on? Oliver broke her trust in a massive away. Maybe she doesn't trust him with her personal life anymore. Maybe she knows that Oliver is still waiting around for her and she is in an awkward position of not wanting to hurt him but not wanting to deal with it. Maybe she knows subconsciously what she is doing and isn't ready to face it so she avoids the topic with Oliver because than she will have too.

I think we will get a much better idea in 3x02. I'm on wait and see.

13 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

They talked about it over the hiatus, apparently. 

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, tv echo said:

WM has already described Felicity's boyfriend as "a straight shooter good guy that we’re really hoping the audience likes and pulls for." So it's unlikely that Detective Malone will turn out to be a corrupt cop.  I think it's more likely that he'll be killed by a corrupt cop.

They're not gonna make Evelyn the new BC because she's too young to be a potential romantic interest for Oliver.  What do you bet that "Tina" turns out to be the casting alias for a new character whose last name is Drake?

After reading the Nerdist recap, I'm not sure I even want to watch 501 tonight.

I think @wonderwall is right. The fact that they are looking at unknowns for the role, kind of eliminates a love interest for Oliver in my mind. If they are looking to replace Olicity and launch a new BC, I think they would want a built in fanbase to face the backlash and make the headline.  

Also, I don't think they are launching a new Black Canary at all. It makes no sense. Throwing out a headline like Olicity to appease a tiny percentage of viewers (probably even smaller than we realize when you consider that not all comic fans are Arrow watchers). The fact that the network put Felicity in the same category as Oliver and Barry. Sure some were mad they killed off Laurel and some threw a fit on twitter, but I find it super important that the only fans the writers and Eps acknowledge on twitter are Felicity/Olicity fans. Sorry, I see no signs that they are bringing a fourth canary on. And I'm really not going to take the tease of a biased comic site.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Chaser said:

She's avoiding right? Rebounding? Hiding? Trying to move on? Oliver broke her trust in a massive away. Maybe she doesn't trust him with her personal life anymore. Maybe she knows that Oliver is still waiting around for her and she is in an awkward position of not wanting to hurt him but not wanting to deal with it. Maybe she knows subconsciously what she is doing and isn't ready to face it so she avoids the topic with Oliver because than she will have too.

I think we will get a much better idea in 3x02. I'm on wait and see.

These are all really valid reasons for her actions but my concern is that it won't look that way. We can reason and explain away all of their behaviors but we need to actually see on screen whether that's why she hasn't told Oliver she's moved on. Unless they give Felicity an actual POV, which they never do, we'll forever be left to guess and that's not fair because the female always gets slated compared to the male.

I mean, Oliver's actions are the reason O/F broke up in the first place and yet he's very likely going to look like the injured party. He already does after the baby mama stuff. As soon as the negative reviews came in after 408, they literally had every character sympathize with him in 415 and left Felicity out in the cold. 

I trust nothing.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 5

My problem with that being a new love interest for Oliver was how quickly MG & BFS (I think) took to Twitter to say calm down.  They don't usually respond like that. I guess time will tell.

I kind of want to see a rainbow of Canaries... Black Canary, White Canary, Green Canary (fights for the environment), Yellow Canary (gets her power from the sun), Blue Canary (works best in water), Rainbow Canary (fights for civil rights) ....

I was thinking about the season 1/2 flirtyness and what wouldn't make me rage:  what if Oliver and Felicity had never got together at all in the FP episode?  They're flirty in the lair the way they were before Oliver told her he loved her when Oliver denied his feelings and Felicity thought she never had a chance?  Oliver then skypes with Diggle who asks "When are you finally going to tell her you like her, white boy?" and Oliver says he would but he doesn't think he should for some reason.  Then we find out Felicity has Malone for a boyfriend but hasn't told Diggle or Oliver because they're not at the friendship stage.  So we hate Malone in this episode but then Barry reverses Flashpoint and Felicity and Malone are no longer together. We don't have to hate him any more and we've seen that he's a nice guy so we can be okay with it when he turns out to be a not-corrupt cop.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

I kind of want to see a rainbow of Canaries... Black Canary, White Canary, Green Canary (fights for the environment), Yellow Canary (gets her power from the sun), Blue Canary (works best in water), Rainbow Canary (fights for civil rights) ....

mighty-morphin-s1-power-rangersjpg-652e5

• Love 21