Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I made a similar post here (about five above yours) about the ripples - which is what I thought we (as a group) were discussing. That's why when you said you thought Flashpoint wouldn't last more than an episode, I got confused! :) 

In the TVLine interview posted today, WM wouldn't name who all Flashpoint affects, but said it would affect them in a BIG way. I just don't see how they could set up these big changes for however long the ripples last, and then take them back? We'd be watching an AU that doesn't matter for however many episodes.  That's why I got the feeling that whatever the ripples that Barry couldn't fix were would be permanent. 

To be honest i have no clue what we're all talking about with Flashpoint.  Sometimes i feel like we're on a Carousel just going round in circles.

That being said,  i think the "ripples" are permanent changes,  i don't think they'll get resolved. 

• Love 2

Hah! It's so confusing. Thanks, Barry! Maybe "waves" are the changes made with Flashpoint and "ripples" are left over when Barry fixes everything. Like, say, Baby Sara is changed to Connor and that doesn't revert back once Flashpoint is over. How many months are left until October??

• Love 3
1 minute ago, calliope1975 said:

Hah! It's so confusing. Thanks, Barry! Maybe "waves" are the changes made with Flashpoint and "ripples" are left over when Barry fixes everything. Like, say, Baby Sara is changed to Connor and that doesn't revert back once Flashpoint is over. How many months are left until October??

Oh man could you imagine? I'd hate that so much 

• Love 3

I still can't believe we're even discussing the consequences of a show some people don't even watch. Seriously, how is this even fair? You shouldn't have to watch Flash to understand what's happening on Arrow. What a steaming pile of garbage. 

• Love 24

My 2 cents....1. I deflated upon hearing Felicity and boyfriend.  No one wants to see it.  Those who are neg on Felicity will not enjoy seeing her dating life and those who want to see Oliver and Felicity as a romantic pairing will not enjoy watching the sausage made.  2.  I always looked at things like Flashpoint in the comics as a lazy way to present an alternate story and if the consequences don't go anywhere the experience = hamster wheel to nothing and nowhere.  But it is the only way to make alternate canon in the comic world, just sad.  3.  I do not believe BC is returning.  Why take all the pain of taking the wounds and grief, just to open it all up again.  4.  The same interview that EBR spilled the boyfriend beans, the reactions of the rest of the cast and WM spoke volumes about the longer term plan.  SA especially via his joke made clear what the show canon about Oliver and Felicity is.  5.  Who is gonna figure out the incident in Season one that created the grudge against the Arrow?  6.  Another season of Oliver the incompetent is not something to look forward to and I am hoping they don't handle his struggles with being mayor as one more time this skilled and bright guy is painted a fool.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I think they'll find some way to explain it for the non-Flash viewers. 

I can't wait to see what that is. Without Barry coming over and outright explaining it (and maybe he does, I'm not counting that out), I'm not even sure how they could do it. Unless we get a "previously on Arrow and The Flash" and they show Barry's stupid fucking ass running back in time? We've already seen it once during the last crossover, so I guess people might understand? And then they'll show the new stuff, and whatever doesn't match up I guess we're supposed to understand that?

Seems like a raging dumpster fire in the making, haha. 

• Love 19
Just now, Angel12d said:

I still can't believe we're even discussing the consequences of a show some people don't even watch. Seriously, how is this even fair? You shouldn't have to watch Flash to understand what's happening on Arrow. What a steaming pile of garbage. 

Funny thing is, I wonder if the Arrow people felt the same. If basically GB and the Flash EPs broke down this ending for Flash s2 and just basically told WM/MG "hey, you're going to have to deal with this next year, k?" especially after coming off of the three leads expressing their desires publicly towards the ending of s4/post s4 about wanting Arrow to get back to its independent, realistic origins. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Funny thing is, I wonder if the Arrow people felt the same. If basically GB and the Flash EPs broke down this ending for Flash s2 and just basically told WM/MG "hey, you're going to have to deal with this next year, k?" especially after coming off of the three leads expressing their desires publicly towards the ending of s4/post s4 about wanting Arrow to get back to its independent, realistic origins. 

IDK. Based on the Arrow writers' way of throwing any old story/motivation at a character and hoping it sticks, I'd say they don't give a shit tbh. LOL.

• Love 6

Seriously I don't get why they would allow another show's storyline to be affecting arrow let alone to such a significant levels like it seems it will. Idk if they think all arrow viewers just watch flash and they'll get it.No matter how they explain it, it's still weird because it's caused by a different show. Especially permanent changes.

I'm not totally on board with Barry being the bf because of flashpoint but there are some signs.But also the way they're talking about it seemed to me like it was some random character that won't be considered a big deal.

Either way it sucks tbh.If they do flashpoint it's an unnecessary thing that's only there imo so flashpoint would seem more impactfull. And if it's just a continuation of season 4 as it was I think it's a disservice to Felicity's character for the sake of plot.I don't think it's in character for Felicity to find either the time or the will to date rn.She just went through so much I just don't think trying to date someone random while still in love with Oliver is something she would do especially since she already had the experience of that sort of thing failing with Ray and that's when her and Oliver only had half a date. I think it makes more sense she takes some time for herself after getting out of such a serious relationship.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I might be wrong, but... I feel like whatever lasting effects come out of Flashpoint are probably things they wanted to do anyway and Flashpoint gave them an excuse.  I mean, yeah, maybe being involved with Flashpoint at all wasn't their decision, but I think whatever changes end up "sticking" - that'll be stuff they wanted to do.  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I really wonder how many people would say it is best for the long term of any or all four of the shows to have Flashpoint.  This is twice now that after Barry takes a jog the known realities become relative possibilities.  It may create wow for a moment but as people begin to feel what they are watching may not endure or be relied on, they grow weary.  How much cred did Lost lose by making it all not real?  It is hard to invest yourself in shaky ground.

• Love 2

I guess for me I want to see what exactly is changed and how it's handled before I decide.  I understand why others might be frustrated, believe me.  And I'm not saying anyone shouldn't be upset or frustrated - after my meltdown over the KC news that would be very hypocritical of me. :)  I just...for myself, I want to see what happens first.  

I don't know if anyone here watched Eureka, but that show did a soft reset at the beginning of their fourth (?) season, when a few of the group time traveled and came back to find some major changes, that stuck.  I don't think anything that happens here will be as extensive as that was, but I guess because of that, I'm just a little curious to see what they do change and how they explain it all.  

• Love 4
Just now, Starfish35 said:

I might be wrong, but... I feel like whatever lasting effects come out of Flashpoint are probably things they wanted to do anyway and Flashpoint gave them an excuse.  I mean, yeah, maybe being involved with Flashpoint at all wasn't their decision, but I think whatever changes end up "sticking" - that'll be stuff they wanted to do.  

I can see that to an extent. Like, if they want to kind of push back Diggle's story for a season or two have him not have a child or something like that or placing an added pressure/role onto one of the characters spontaneously without having to place any background/setting up work. It does present itself as somewhat of a blank check to the writers which I can see as interesting/exciting, but ugh it's also a lazy approach to writing to me, even if the changes end up bringing interesting twists to the characters or story.  

• Love 6

Eureka and Fringe are examples, for me, of how I think this type of story is interesting on a temporary basis but not cool in the long-term. On Fringe, at least there was one other character who remembered both timelines, but that didn't change the fact that several seasons of development had been erased between other characters. (I don't remember the details from Eureka as well, but I know I was disappointed that some things ultimately stayed changed.)

But I too don't want to get too worked up in advance. If it amounts to not much changed, then okay, or if it's undone eventually, then okay. But I have concerns.

• Love 5

If the LOT crew doesn't go after Barry for doing EXACTLY the kind of fuckery that the LOT trailer explains is their mission in S2, I'm gonna think everyone who works at Berlanti Prod is smoking the bad crack.

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

If the LOT crew doesn't go after Barry for doing EXACTLY the kind of fuckery that the LOT trailer explains is their mission in S2, I'm gonna think everyone who works at Berlanti Prod is smoking the bad crack.

The time masters never went after Barry or Thawne the first time I doubt the Legends team will. It should be something that is addressed but I doubt it will be. This is something that would've made a good crossover.

• Love 6

1.  Something I noticed in the trailer....Curtis looked pretty battered in the face when he stated he never wanted to feel helpless again while in vigilante wannabe bootcamp.  This being the year of his origin story, anyone else think he helplessly watched some tragedy to Paul?

2.  Why do you think there was no discussion about a new lair? (Maybe they hadn't sent Malcolm their lair warming/change of address notice?)

3.  Gonna go out on a limb, but I have a sneaky feeling Moira will play into this season somehow.  Maybe not a return in full to the show, but something from or about her.

Just now, Scribbles said:

1.  Something I noticed in the trailer....Curtis looked pretty battered in the face when he stated he never wanted to feel helpless again while in vigilante wannabe bootcamp.  This being the year of his origin story, anyone else think he helplessly watched some tragedy to Paul?

2.  Why do you think there was no discussion about a new lair? (Maybe they hadn't sent Malcolm their lair warming/change of address notice?)

3.  Gonna go out on a limb, but I have a sneaky feeling Moira will play into this season somehow.  Maybe not a return in full to the show, but something from or about her.

1. I'm thinking random mugging/gang encounter for Curtis and Paul, in which Curtis decides he wants to be able to defend his husband/the city whether Paul knows about it or not and not necessarily something bad happening directly to Paul...yet...

2. The lair looks like a slightly remodeled version of the HIVE lair (which, sadly, Malcolm still knows about :( ), which I assumed Oliver and Felicity moved into for the sake of bringing newbies to so they don't have to explain to them "hey go find the secret elevator under Mayor Queen's old headquarters and meet up with the GA" while still mainly working in the old lair since both of them seemed to be in the reel. Side note for me though is that Felicity seems to be present while Oliver as GA is training them, so I guess she's ok with two strangers knowing her part in all of this?

3. That would be awesome and could explain why SA just thought of Moira in his teases, even though I think that that was the lie in his two truths and a lie. 

• Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Scribbles said:

In one of the SDCC videos, WM discusses Curtis becoming Mr. Terrific and mentions that his husband might start to notice that he's coming home late with bruises (paraphrasing). So, I don't think tragedy befalls Paul in 501.  Maybe later in the season. :-(

Spoilers also indicate that Star City is chaotic right now in the wake of Darhk's attack, so it could have been a regular street criminal that attacked Curtis and gave him the bruises. Curtis was probably making a meta statement too, as I imagine almost all of Star City's population feel pretty powerless after so many late-Spring attacks on their city.

ETA: Or what @way2interested said more succinctly.

Edited by EmeraldArcher
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I don't know if anyone here watched Eureka, but that show did a soft reset at the beginning of their fourth (?) season, when a few of the group time traveled and came back to find some major changes, that stuck.  I don't think anything that happens here will be as extensive as that was, but I guess because of that, I'm just a little curious to see what they do change and how they explain it all.  

35 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

Eureka and Fringe are examples, for me, of how I think this type of story is interesting on a temporary basis but not cool in the long-term. On Fringe, at least there was one other character who remembered both timelines, but that didn't change the fact that several seasons of development had been erased between other characters. (I don't remember the details from Eureka as well, but I know I was disappointed that some things ultimately stayed changed.)

I think the big difference there is that this is another show and another character who is making this impact on Arrow.  Both Eureka and Fringe had in-show characters make choice that led to the shift, right?  Another show that comes to my mind is Primeval  which was built around time travel.  At the end of one season, a group returns from a trip to realize that things are slightly different, and the biggest difference of all is that one character has been erased completely... a character who was half of one of the big 'ships of the show.  The actress returns as a different character with similar, but not identical world views and that 'ship has to reboot because of it.  I actually really enjoyed that part and thought it was a bold move.

But I didn't sign up for time travel on Arrow.  I need any permanent changes to 1) Not mess with the core things that I personally enjoy about the show (this is different for everyone, so it will be impossible to tick everybody's boxes), 2) Introduce interesting things for the actors to play.  I can't think of a specific example right now, but I wouldn't say no to a different version of Thea, or Diggle, or Lance that gave something fresh to the actors.

Speaking of that, did anyone notice how little Paul Blackthorn had to say?  As upbeat as most of the cast was this Con, he seemed pretty subdued. I was also sure that he'd be working with the Mayors office, but he's apparently unemployed?  That makes him, Felicity, and possibly Curtis who we don't know how they are paying bills (I suppose Felicity still gets revenue from PT, but I suspect the writers are dropping that entirely given how weird they seem to play with business realities).  Diggle, too, when he returns, and if he goes back to the Team, I hope he officially joins the Mayors security detail.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, Scribbles said:

DON'T TALK ABOUT PAUL DYING. NO. I REFUSE. PAUL JUST WANTS TO LIVE.

• Love 6

Speaking of that, did anyone notice how little Paul Blackthorn had to say?  As upbeat as most of the cast was this Con, he seemed pretty subdued.

I've only watched the TVLine video so far, but yeah I noticed that there.  Everyone else was acting like they were having a blast, and he was pretty quiet.  

8 minutes ago, TrueMyth said:

Speaking of that, did anyone notice how little Paul Blackthorn had to say?  As upbeat as most of the cast was this Con, he seemed pretty subdued. I was also sure that he'd be working with the Mayors office, but he's apparently unemployed?

I noticed he seemed quiet, but he always does to some extent.  I felt he was hinting that he and Donna broke things off in the hiatus and he is coming back in a mess of sorts.  His story could be a great one, especially if it is him working to uncover the corruption in the SCPD.  What stood out to me is that he wasn't asked if he would be joining team Arrow in some bigger way.  He has field experience and could help given the loss of Thea and Dig.  A story I would love to see is him feeling responsible for Roy and somehow finding a way for Roy to come back to "life" in the public eye.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Can someone explain flashpoint to me though? I legit thought it would be a one or two episode thing and be resolved but are they going to resolve it and leave lasting changes? I DON'T WANT THIS I DON'T EVEN WATCH THAT FUCKING SHOW. RAGE.

4 hours ago, Password said:

Agree with @Angel12d. I'm really confused about what's happening. 

Seriously I'm with you guys. I have no idea what is going on. If BA changed the timeline in May, does that mean the last 4-5 months over the summer don't count? Do we just reset all of those events? I don't read comics, I don't plan on starting. This is why I hate when comic shows try to be more comicy, they just start to alienate me. Arrow used to be such a good serialized drama, I thought we were getting back to basics. Basics does not include time ripples & changes done on another show.

I HATE these time changes. It's bad enough on a show that has time travel incorporated into that I have to follow the changes. But Arrow should not be at the mercy of this dumb time shift. It's just bullshit. If it gave me back Moira &/or Tommy, I could get over it. Instead I'm getting KC back, a bunch of newbies, some obnoxious new BF (or a cross show romance) & who even knows what is gonna happen to Diggle. I see no upside to this time flashpoint for Arrow. It they pull this stunt again next year, I think I will definitely be out.

But anger aside, if someone could actually explain it, that might help.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

That's why I got the feeling that whatever the ripples that Barry couldn't fix were would be permanent. 

And that is where the boyfriend comes in, flashpoint puts Felicity with someone and Barry corrects that when he corrects the timeline.  The writers get to toy with everyone, and basically have cake and eat it.

Oh just had a thought, if they want Felicity to know about the change it could make sense because of the chip inside her. If Barry screws up the TL who knows if her and Oliver even get engaged, she may never even get in that car and get injured.  I imagine that would be hard for her, knowing she has a way where the injury never happened, yet doing that screws everything else up.

Anyways I'm probably explaining myself bad but thought it was an interesting idea.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BunsenBurner said:

What if the boyfriend is this season's bad guy? He goes after Felicity to get to Oliver?

Felicity's pretty much been a human bullshit detector so far, so I would really hate that.

@Thundercatmary, I did have a brief moment where I wondered whether an effect would be Oliver and Felicity never getting together at all and that was the reason behind all the work partners lines. 

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

Can I just say, how this change would be the most glaring to me. Like how are they going to show that? Are supposed to believe that Baby Sara just evaporates into thin air and then a Baby Connor apparates? Is it like Potter with pollyjuice and gradually Baby Sara's features turn into Connors?

How many months until this damn Flashpoint actually means something? It's annoying that if they resolve it on Flash in 1-2 episodes, we get stuck with ripples/tides/waves/seaweed. I used to think they might wait until the crossover to fix it - but I think that will be too long.

But my new wish for the 100th episode, is Arrow somehow manages to separate its Earth from Barry's Earth. That's the perfect crossover. I nice little cut of that string and a big offensive hand gesture to CC.

Edited by kismet
spelling problem
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Thundercatmary said:

Oh just had a thought, if they want Felicity to know about the change it could make sense because of the chip inside her. If Barry screws up the TL who knows if her and Oliver even get engaged, she may never even get in that car and get injured.  I imagine that would be hard for her, knowing she has a way where the injury never happened, yet doing that screws everything else up.

Anyways I'm probably explaining myself bad but thought it was an interesting idea.

At the rate the writers handled her spinal cord injury, I could see this Flashpoint as the perfect opportunity for them to erase the injury. They didn't seem that into it after the limo scene anyway. SO yeah, it may have never happened. Booya - no chip! No FS as a potential target or hopeful generous CEO.

It could also erase BMD & the engagement.  It's definitely appealing to think they can erase all of their previously crappy plots. But they'll probably just load us up with new ones. And let's be honest, it still stinks that its because of BA's inane ability to think beyond himself. Everyone wants a reset button at times, but that doesn't mean we should be given one or people should press the button if we have one.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, lemotomato said:

Not sure if this has been pointed out yet, but 505, the supposed "big Olicity episode" will air during November sweeps (Oct 29-Nov 25). Make of that what you will.

Break Up, Hook Up or Make Up. 

They can't break up anymore and I doubt they would throw them a hook up.

Yep. I'm going with huge steps to Make Up. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Quick scanning that - the only spoiler I think was this:

He did warn me there will be a moment in the premiere that will be very difficult for the Olicity fandom to take. Marc specifically said he wanted me to prepare you guys. Marc reiterated he hopes people are willing to take the good with the bad with them [the writers].

Other than that....OTA is the core of the show - they'd never get rid of them.  Katie is not coming back as BC.  Olicity is endgame but they had to slow them down when they realized the show was going past five seasons.  That's all I got, but it was as I said a quick scan.  I got a little bit of second hand embarrassment with her gushing about MG. *shrug*   Oh, and talking to him about the whole "wedding train" thing - I think that's where I checked out. :/

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 14
(edited)
13 minutes ago, bijoux said:

jbuffyangel posted a recap of another talk she had with MG. I honestly don't have the stamina to read it all, so I'm leaving the link here in case there are any spoilers.

http://jbuffyangel.tumblr.com/post/147930248763/marc-guggenheim-convo-round-2-spoilers

There aren't very many direct quotes, and a lot of it sounds like her own spin/interpretation/speculation, but here's what I gathered that was spoilery (in addition to what @Starfish35 posted)

“There is absolutely no show without Stephen, Emily and David. They are the show. PERIOD.”

Marc told me that he hopes people get more of a Season 1 or even a Season 2 vibe with Olicity. There’s going to be a lot more of Felicity’s awkward phrases.

Then I added, “And longing looks and tension?” Marc nodded, “Oh yes absolutely.” 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

I mean all of that makes sense, I can understand wanting to slow down Oliver/Felicity but i'm still in a wait and see mode. For one, they whole BMD drama will always make me question their choices. Also not sure how much of this is her interpretation or what she's assuming etc so again, wait and see.

I'm going to assume the scene we Olicity fans will not like has to do with the boyfriend. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Oh, and talking to him about the whole "wedding train" thing - I think that's where I checked out. :/

Yeah, I skimmed right past that part. So much second hand embarrassment.

• Love 2

I really don't have an issue with slowing Oliver and Felicity down.  It's the way they do it that is unappealing. Raybot in season 3 (Olicity wasn't actually that horrible), BMD in season 4. They don't have my trust that they'll write a compelling story regardless of how much "hang in there" Marc is sending our way. 

What was actually really interesting was Marc's feelings on people saying they can't kill the Black Canary. It was sort of like "excuse you, yes we can and we will". And big ups to OTA!!! 

I never realised he left tumblr because of hate. It must have been pretty horrible. 

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, Scribbles said:

A story I would love to see is him feeling responsible for Roy and somehow finding a way for Roy to come back to "life" in the public eye.

AS HE SHOULD.

By the way, I have no idea how this Flashpoint Barry is the boyfriend thing would work. He changes the timeline and doesn't know Iris or Cisco, but he knows Felicity? Why would he tell her? WHy does she go to CC? Does Flashpoint mean that there's another Barry? I don't understand how this stuff works, haha.

Re: Jbuffyangel, I haven't read the new report, but did she basically have another discussion where they discussed the exact same things?

Also, they had to slow Olicity down after they realized there would be +5 seasons? Great. How about not having them be engaged, then? Jesus.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 7
(edited)

Here's my problem with slowing down O/F, I simply don't want it. Arrow & life are depressing enough, I just want a little bit of Happiness on the show. Olicity gave me that and didn't ruin the show. And every way they have come up with to slow them down has RUINED the show. If I wanted to watch the realism of dating, pining and losing the one you loved - I would simply live my life. I turn to TV for a release and catharsis. I don't get that with angsty melodrama, especially poorly written ones.

Guess what MG, I don't want to take the bad with the good. Maybe you should have thought of that before pulling the trigger on them in the first place, pressing the gas & then slamming on the Emergency brake. A slow build up would have been nice. Instead, I'm getting whiplash from all stops and starts. Plus heads up - you suck at writing romantic storylines, so perhaps you should not try to write them. There is a compelling way to tell a slow burn romance - NO ONE in the Arrow's writers room has shown any indication that they know the first step about how to write a slow burn or even a fast burn. I do know they have found ways to kill natural chemistry, so they can get their plotty plot twists.

Plus if they think Olicity slow burn is getting back to the basics of s1/s2, then I want the basics of just OTA in the lair and no additional masks beyond Roy or Thea. It's all of nothing. The least I should get for having to put up with all these newbies is a happy Olicity.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 11

Yeah they shot themselves in the foot if slowing down was their intent. It's like driving a car at full speed, realizing there's a sharp turn and instead of braking, they slammed into the barrier and hoped for the best. 

Really now. 

• Love 8

Endgame means nothing to me, if the journey to that point sucks. Neckbraces for all of us with the way these showrunners drive.

So since KC has been announced as being part of 501, if it does poorly we can perhaps not attribute it to her absence?

• Love 2

It's possible that the Ragman dude is linked to Havenrock, which means it's likely that is Felicity's new boyfriend because it could be another way she's confronted with the fallout. Can you imagine her finding out her new boyfriend's family died partly because of her? Totally something this show would do. 

All spec, of course. But still.