Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

ok the Curtis/Felicity scene was funny 

ohnand five me a break show. stop with the stupid brainwashing 

byw Merlyn's either dying or jumping ship. they're setting something up with Ruve constantly belittling him

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Wait wait wait - instead of moving out of Star(ling) City and to oh say, Minneapolis or Tampa or Austin, these people opted to move to an underground corn palace and nuke the world. I have nothing.

• Love 13
Just now, calliope1975 said:

Wait wait wait - instead of moving out of Star(ling) City and to oh say, Minneapolis or Tampa or Austin, these people opted to move to an underground corn palace and nuke the world. I have nothing.

Seriously, fucking move. Don't be complicit in murdering 6.5 BILLION people, including babies, and dogs and whales and elephants and EVERYTHING ELSE. Selfish assholes.

• Love 7
Just now, catrox14 said:

Wait, is Oliver buying into this? Come on, show. That's stupid

Yep, this episode just lost me. To even give lip service to that evil megalomaniac from the HERO OF THE SHOW is beyond dumb. Something funny better happen with Curtis to turn this around.

• Love 4

Thea: "Drug me again and I'll kill you." 

I fucking CANNOT with this shit anymore. It's like a parent who threatens, no I really mean it this time, if you do that again I'll spank you, no seriously, well I really really mean it this time! Okay, well this time I mean it!

He fucking MURDERED YOUR FATHER AND TOMMY! And helped murder LL and like 600 other people! The hell is wrong with them?

• Love 3

How boss would it have been if Thea walked into that room and riddled MM with arrows? But nope! He gets one more chance. But just one. /rollseyes

Anarchy can stay. He's proactive. I appreciate that. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Yep, this episode just lost me. To even give lip service to that evil megalomaniac from the HERO OF THE SHOW is beyond dumb. Something funny better happen with Curtis to turn this around.

eh, i didn't see it like that. i basically saw that scene as setting up Oliver to inspire the people of SC next episode.  cause you know he's got tinkerbell powers now

• Love 5
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

eh, i didn't see it like that. i basically saw that scene as setting up Oliver to inspire the people of SC next episode.  cause you know he's got tinkerbell powers now

I can accept that. I wish it hadn't been phrased as giving these people hope though since I don't know if that's how I would characterize it. However, if next week, OQ pulls out a bag of pixie dust, all is forgiven. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

How boss would it have been if Thea walked into that room and riddled MM with arrows? But nope! He gets one more chance. But just one. /rollseyes

Anarchy can stay. He's proactive. I appreciate that. 

No, she really seriously for sure means it this time!

I want Anarky to kill everybody there except for Oliver and Digg. (And I think I saw a dog, get him out, obviously.)

• Love 1

So Charlotte Ross apparently said she's not coming back in S5, at all? Has anyone else heard this? 

I wonder if something happened BTS or does Donna die? I really wouldn't think Donna dies, but zero appearances seems weird.

1 minute ago, AyChihuahua said:

So Charlotte Ross apparently said she's not coming back in S5, at all? Has anyone else heard this? 

I wonder if something happened BTS or does Donna die? I really wouldn't think Donna dies, but zero appearances seems weird.

She said that she wants to, but they haven't asked her back yet. 

• Love 1

I like Donna and I love CR's portrayal of her but I don't need her to be a season regular. I'm cool if she pops up now and then though, when needed. I say this because I'm low-key dreading SmoaknLance stuff. Haha.

(edited)

I'd like them to go ahead and contract her a reoccurring character. She and Felicity are actually becoming one of the few things I can just 100% enjoy about the show.

And by that - I mean one thing that I think I can look forward to without weird drama. I'm hoping this Lyla / Diggle thing is being kind of exaggerated because they were one of my other "no drama" enjoyments.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I like Donna and I love CR's portrayal of her but I don't need her to be a season regular. I'm cool if she pops up now and then though, when needed. I say this because I'm low-key dreading SmoaknLance stuff. Haha.

I'm at peak saturation with her. I wouldn't mind her popping up every once in a while, but I really hope they don't make her a regular.

• Love 12
Just now, apinknightmare said:

I'm at peak saturation with her. I wouldn't mind her popping up every once in a while, but I really hope they don't make her a regular.

Yeah. Less is more. 

(edited)

The extended promo video implies that DD either regains control of Rubicon or at least thinks he does. Which makes me worry about Felicity. They're not really going to make her "fail" again, are they? Hasn't she been through enough?

Edited by lemotomato
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Thundercatmary said:

I don't think it's bad to show failure, you can't always win, and it can make a great story showing someone deal with failing etc.

But only if the writers are willing to explore it... Something of which I'm not certain anymore because they always tend to gloss over Felicity's developments.

It's just like saying Laurel had so much potential... But it's clear as day that the writers aren't willing to explore said potential so it's just wasted opportunity which leaves us more disappointed/annoyed.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

What did Oliver do to Darhk's kid when he leaned down? I just caught the tail end of his head near her head.

Basically just shielded her from the falling debris with his body.

I am not a fan of this episode, but they did give me one thing - my prediction about Oliver, Felicity and Donna having scenes at the loft, what's more scenes involving stunts, has just skyrocketed. Yay!

So I guess that extended promo answers the question as to what "force" was mentioned in the episode summary for "Schism": the good people of Starling. Some of the stuff I saw in that promo kinda reminded me of Season 1 destruction of the Glades, with the lair also being affected (I guess it would be too much to hope they would move again, despite 1,001 people knowing the address of the super secret Arrow bunker).

• Love 1

They really need to stop destroying lairs, they have limited budget for sets as is. It's a great visual, but is it really the wisest choice from a budget stand point?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

So I guess that extended promo answers the question as to what "force" was mentioned in the episode summary for "Schism": the good people of Starling. 

I think it also might be the psychos from the dome. There may be a method to the show's madnss here in letting them back up. Oliver will inspire the SC denizens and GA has inspired the hole people. Their combined faith will give him the strength to beat DD.

• Love 1

I'm suddenly very concerned that Donna will get killed in the finale.  How definite were the spoilers that she possibly drives off at some point with Lance?  I need some reassurance that we're not going to have another dead mother to mourn!

The scenes with Lance are supposedly Donna's last scenes in the finale. So unless they're involved in a car crash, I think it's safe to assume she lives. I really don't think nothing being finalized yet means anything regarding her fate. The writers are presumably making an outline of the next season and all it means to me is that they don't have ideas for Donna at this specific point. I like her, but I think I'd be fine if she didn't show up next season or dropped in once. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I also was scared for a second about Donna's fate, but then I think she's safe if only for being involved with Lance. They just killed his daughter, they wouldn't kill her, too. I feel like she'd be in more danger if her only tie was to Felicity. Plus, we also had those spoilers about her and Lance in a car, so I agree that, barring a car crash or the "cavernous space" opening beneath them she's safe.

Speaking of, is the cavernous space this crater that just opened in the middle of Star City, or will it be something else?

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2

Wait, are they trying to equate Donna keeping Noah away from Felicity (in the past and now) to Oliver keeping William's existence and what came after from her? Because they are definitely two different situations and motivations.

By the way, the show has been sucky in that there have been several references to Felicity's potential babies, without a single pregnancy scare. So I'm half expecting a surprise pregnancy in the finale - timelines be damned.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, looptab said:

Wait, are they trying to equate Donna keeping Noah away from Felicity (in the past and now) to Oliver keeping William's existence and what came after from her? Because they are definitely two different situations and motivations.

By the way, the show has been sucky in that there have been several references to Felicity's potential babies, without a single pregnancy scare. So I'm half expecting a surprise pregnancy in the finale - timelines be damned.

I thought they were making a parallel between Noah and Oliver, not Donna and Oliver because Curtis talked about "a person you think will fall back into old habits." or something like that. Donna and Felicity (not sure what Felicity thinks about her dad now) think Noah can't change and Felicity broke up with Oliver because she told him he was going to make the same mistake and not trust her again. The thing is Felicity told Oliver she believes he can change but she was too hurt to recognize that right after the break up so what are they doing now? It would be more useful to show Oliver making an effort to prove he wants to be open with her than to show that another man in Felicity's life can change if given the chance because no matter what Noah does it doesn't necessarily mean Oliver will do the same.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I thought they were making a parallel between Noah and Oliver, not Donna and Oliver because Curtis talked about "a person you think will fall back into old habits." or something like that. Donna and Felicity (not sure what Felicity thinks about her dad now) think Noah can't change and Felicity broke up with Oliver because she told him he was going to make the same mistake and not trust her again. The thing is Felicity told Oliver she believes he can change but she was too hurt to recognize that right after the break up so what are they doing now? It would be more useful to show Oliver making an effort to prove he wants to be open with her than to show that another man in Felicity's life can change if given the chance because no matter what Noah does it doesn't necessarily mean Oliver will do the same.

Oh, no, that I get. I actually posted something similar in the episode thread. I meant  the comment by BFS in the Spoilers Only thread, about Donna making decisions for Felicity and then "does it remind you of anyone?", that made me wonder.