Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I am surprised that MG hasn't just given up and revealed 4x19s title. We all know what it is by now, we all know what's going to happen.

Same. We're going to find out next Thursday with the press releases regardless anyway, if the break is after 419. But even then, I'm not looking forward to that episode's description since it's probably going to be bending over backwards to try to describe the episode without mentioning the death, the funeral, or who dies. 

Also, I'm actually more surprised that it's five days until the episode and we still don't have any promotional photos.

• Love 2

My RL friends who still watch the show are all unspoiled, even with all of the info floating around social media. I assume that's the average viewer, not us professional stalkers fandom detectives.

• Love 13

Well "Monument Point" could also be a general reference for something big and important happening.

Also according to Arrow wiki

After Roy left Starling City, he briefly moved to Monument Point and assumed a job as a mechanic, living under the alias "Jason".

maybe Roy is coming back?

One can only hope.

• Love 2

Well "Monument Point" could also be a general reference for something big and important happening.

Also according to Arrow wiki

maybe Roy is coming back?

One can only hope.

I'm still convinced he's going to become Jason Todd

• Love 2

This is so reminding me of the crazy people who thought Felicity, at mid-season break, was in the grave. Bc either a tv show left a main character in a coma for three months, or she died in December and they buried her three months later. Ok, sure.

Ok, so, if Papa Smoak is back for 21/22...he'd have to show up in 23 to kidnap Felicity, right? I guess they could pull a Buffy S4 and have main plot end in penultimate episode, with final scene the kidnapping and fallout in finale, but that took guts, and Guggie has no guts. If there's any clue Amandes is in 23, though, I'll be fully on Felicity-kidnapped-by-daddy train. And other than the serious Alias ripoff feels, I really think it could work.

• Love 3

You know, I could see that happening. Oliver and Felicity have a moment and they arrange to meet at their loft to talk about getting back together. Oliver gets there and the place is trashed and Felicity is gone. Cue summer hiatus.

Sadly I don't trust IMDb so I don't think her dad is coming back at all.

Edited by Guest

You know, I could see that happening. Oliver and Felicity have a moment and they arrange to meet at their loft to talk about getting back together. Oliver gets there and the place is trashed and Felicity is gone. Cue summer hiatus.

Exactly. I'm not sure what they'd do with the summer comics, but I don't care about those. S5 would begin with Oliver running to track down a lead on her, she shows up at the end of the season premier, we lose no cute summer moments. I am really tired of losing out on cute summer hiatus moments after two seasons of it, and unless one of them is gone, we will miss out on them. If she's kidnapped by her dad, who's not pure evil, I don't have to worry about serious brainwashing or rapey stuff, so it'd really kind of work.

• Love 2

If she's kidnapped by her dad, what on earth could he do or say to get her to stay with him and not let Oliver know where she is for five months

He could threaten to out existence/location of BM and Spawn, and/or the team. Or just really keep her under guard. He is almost as smart as she is. 

I am not exactly speculating, I can just kind of see it. I think the season won't end happily, somehow, and I don't think Papa Smoak is done.

• Love 1

I just can't deal with a whole summer full of "Yaaaay Felicity is off the show!" BS by the same people who thought her midseason "death" was going to stick. 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 4

I just can't deal with a whole summer full of "Yaaaay Felicity is off the show!" BS by the same people who thought her midseason "death" was going to stick. 

But imagine how sweet it would be when Felicity comes back? :p 

To be honest, I'd really like a Chuck situation where Felicity voluntarily goes undercover over the summer to get to know HIVE better, cut all ties with TA for the time being, and figure out how to take down HIVE from within, and when it gets dangerous, maybe in 508 have Barry, Oliver, Sara & co. help to infiltrate HIVE and get her out (and obviously when they're reunited Oliver/Felicity will get married on the spot, no more waiting) O_O

• Love 1

But imagine how sweet it would be when Felicity comes back? :p 

To be honest, I'd really like a Chuck situation where Felicity voluntarily goes undercover over the summer to get to know HIVE better, cut all ties with TA for the time being, and figure out how to take down HIVE from within, and when it gets dangerous, maybe in 508 have Barry, Oliver, Sara & co. help to infiltrate HIVE and get her out (and obviously when they're reunited Oliver/Felicity will get married on the spot, no more waiting) O_O

Still no. Three months (Oct-Jan) of "Felicity is in the graaaave!" was just about all I could take. :P

I like your scenario more than AyChihuahua's because it would be Felicity's choice. Well, I'd prefer she'd be back full time by the season 5 premiere because 8 episodes of her and Oliver not interacting on-screen? NOPE.

• Love 1

Still no. Three months (Oct-Jan) of "Felicity is in the graaaave!" was just about all I could take. :P

I like your scenario more than AyChihuahua's because it would be Felicity's choice. Well, I'd prefer she'd be back full time by the season 5 premiere because 8 episodes of her and Oliver not interacting on-screen? NOPE.

What if they have secret meet-ups in the first 8 episodes??? HOW AMAZING WOULD THAT BE

• Love 1

Even if her dad doesn't show up, this follows along the lines of what I've been thinking about the end of the season - that Oliver and Felicity will end on good terms but something bad that's independent of their relationship angst will happen. Felicity being kidnapped would work. 

• Love 1

Make it romantic. Refer to them as rendezvous. 

Oliver asking Felicity to stay safe as he presses his head against her forehead... Then they'd have a bittersweet kiss goodbye and Oliver watches as Felicity leaves T_T

I have a new use for COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

:') 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

What if they have secret meet-ups in the first 8 episodes??? HOW AMAZING WOULD THAT BE

I don't trust the show writers to do it right!! Remember all the hospital bedside angst we expected to get in 410? :(

It would be a great fic, though... I don't think anyone has written Felicity on an undercover mission yet. 

• Love 2

I don't trust the show writers to do it right!! Remember all the hospital bedside angst we expected to get in 410? :(

It would be a great fic, though... I don't think anyone has written Felicity on an undercover mission yet. 

Sadly I'm not talented enough *heavy sigh*

If Papa Smaok does turn up it could be tied to DD and them both being in Jail...they could be cell mates and bond over a dislike of Oliver Queen or something.

Edited by Genki
  • Love 2

Wasn't Felicity against Oliver infiltrating HIVE to rescue Andy?  Would she be willing to do that?

• Love 3

Wasn't Felicity against Oliver infiltrating HIVE to rescue Andy?  Would she be willing to do that?

She was. Maybe the stakes are higher so she's willing to infiltrate HIVE. Because this isn't about saving just 1 person, it's about saving city? IDK

She was. Maybe the stakes are higher so she's willing to infiltrate HIVE. Because this isn't about saving just 1 person, it's about saving city? IDK

I guess this reminds me of when Felicity and Diggle were against Oliver's Al Sahim idea, even though it was to save the city and the team.  They thought that he should find a different way without having to kidnap and kill, without the expense of his soul.  This seems like it would be along the same lines of what they were against in the first place. 

I don't know if Felicity would be willing to do bad things and hurting innocent people while infiltrating HIVE to gain their trust, in order to save the city.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 3

I guess this reminds me of when Felicity and Diggle were against Oliver's Al Sahim idea, even though it was to save the city and the team.  They thought that he should find a different way without having to kidnap and kill, without the expense of his soul.  This seems like it would be along the same lines of what they were against in the first place. 

I don't know if Felicity would be willing to do bad things while infiltrating HIVE and gaining their trust, in order to save the city.

IDK I feel like this could be an ALIAS situation with Sydney going undercover, she doesn't really help the bad guys because she gives the good guys enough information to save the day and stop the bad guys. 

STOP POKING HOLES IN MY FIC :P

• Love 2

I'll go one further. Instead of HIVE, since it will be done this season, it's whoever was hiring the Calculator to nuke the city, since we never found out who it was. Calculator bailed after Felicity beat him, so that group would need a new tech person. This new group/person can be set up as the new big had come 422/423 like Darhk was last season, and Felicity decides to go undercover for preventative measures to protect the city and mess them up from the inside.

This comes purely from my own curiousity at who hired Felicity's dad in the first place and what they wanted him to do, since if it was HIVE I feel like they would have told us.

• Love 2

Didn't SA once said, after being asked if he will direct an Arrow episode someday, that it takes about 3 weeks of prep for a director before the episode starts to shoot?

Other people have already answered about avg time lengths... but Glen Winter is also a producer on LOT I think, so maybe he has stuff to do for that show.

Whatever reason he's in Vancouver is fine with me... I'm just really excited to have him directing Arrow again :)

• Love 2

I'll go one further. Instead of HIVE, since it will be done this season, it's whoever was hiring the Calculator to nuke the city, since we never found out who it was. Calculator bailed after Felicity beat him, so that group would need a new tech person. This new group/person can be set up as the new big had come 422/423 like Darhk was last season, and Felicity decides to go undercover for preventative measures to protect the city and mess them up from the inside.

This comes purely from my own curiousity at who hired Felicity's dad in the first place and what they wanted him to do, since if it was HIVE I feel like they would have told us.

LOL I LOVE YOU

• Love 1

MG said the Billy Joel song for 421 is "Got to Begin Again":

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/statuses/710989802003271680

Looking at the lyrics, it gives me a Quentin kind of vibe. 

Well, it's been quite a while since I lifted my head

And I'm sure the light will hurt my eyes

I see the way that I've been spendin' my days

And reality has caught me by surprise

If she's kidnapped by her dad, what on earth could he do or say to get her to stay with him and not let Oliver know where she is for five months

If you don't come with me and do as I say your [insert loved ones] will die. 

This could work.  Papa Smoak claimed he really wasn't all that serious about killing a bunch of people, what if HE is being forced to work for some group and they also found out about her abilities (which are on par or better than her dad's) and take her too?  They could double down on Daddy Dearest being morally grey and needing her help to get him out of the situation he's in.  Or he offers her the chance to stop them (and get him out the situation). 

Again, I'd need for most of it to have played out during the hiatus because yeah, I do not want to watch Arrow with no chance of Oliver and Felicity interacting and no, I'd not be happy with secret meetings because just too little.  But if they could mysteriously kidnap her and get her back by the end of the 2nd episode, that would work for me. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

IDK I feel like this could be an ALIAS situation with Sydney going undercover, she doesn't really help the bad guys because she gives the good guys enough information to save the day and stop the bad guys.

STOP POKING HOLES IN MY FIC :P

First of all, I think it would be a lovely fic :)

But I'm not sure in show I could see FS willingly going undercover for a long term infiltration - father or no father. I could see her doing a short term infiltration but that would be 1-2eps not a whole summer. However, I would love to see FS do more undercover stuff, so I could get on board.

My fear is that in order for FS to achieve FS being kidnapped but flipping it to be her choosing to use opportunity to get info, the show would do a amnesia/memory wipe thing like they did in Alias and other shows and I just don't want to see that.

• Love 1

The undercover aspects are IMO problematic which is why I'd prefer her to be a prisoner under heavy coercion to help.

Agreed. One of my ideal plots for 509-510 would be Oliver and Felicity preparing to go on their honeymoon after their wedding in 508 and then cliffhanger midseason ending with Oliver and Felicity being kidnapped. Then, 510 would have them being forced to work for an enemy group under the threat of each other being hurt and have Diggle and Thea fight against them to try and save them while they try to save themselves.

But clearly I haven't thought too much about it...

Kidnappings may be cliché, but dang it, I can't lie and say that I don't like them more than undercover long-cons.

• Love 3

I don't like to think that the team can go a whole summer without Felicity. While she's away I'd assume they'd rely on Curtis to be their tech person, but that cuts a little too close to the idea that she can just be replaced long term.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 4

What if the team is successful in stopping the Ghosts and DD but the overreaching Corn Palace for a better world sticks around?  What if Felicity got snatched underground?   

I don't like to think that the team can go a whole summer without Felicity. While she's away I'd assume they'd rely on Curtis to be their tech person, but that cuts a little too close to the idea that she can just be replaced long term.

Well, they go the whole summer not being able to find her.  That's a good testament to how badly they needed her. 

Of course Felicity getting snatched or coerced to leave is all speculation. 

Edited by BkWurm1

I actually would not mind if we just had a regular kidnapping in 423. Then 501 opens with them sorta recapping how they spent the beginning part of the summer rescuing FS. And then by the end of 501, we have returned to present day. Thus we can have one episode that handles the aftermath of the kidnapping & the rescue without having the downside of having O/F have to spend too much time away from each other.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

I guess I just see Felicity as MORE than just the tech person of the team. Yeah her skills are replaceable (as are Oliver's/Diggle's/Thea's), but what makes her special to the team isn't her skills, but her connection to Oliver and her connection to Diggle (I'm still hoping that she'll have a connection w/ Thea at some point). What makes Felicity irreplaceable aren't her skills, but her ability to reach out to Oliver and connect with him on a level not many people can reach, how she cares about keeping the team together (like when she yelled at Diggle/Oliver to get their crap together or bringing the team back together after Oliver 'died'), how Felicity adds humor and lightness to their what would be dour lives in that cave... 

This is a role I don't see Curtis ever really fulfilling. We all already know he can take Felicity's spot in the Arrow Cave if the team needs help (because he's obviously going to help them in 417 when Oliver is injured and Felicity is still at PT), so really, it doesn't worry me that Curtis can fill in her position for a summer. Because I guess I feel secure enough with Felicity's role on the team that I really do think she's irreplaceable. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 6

I guess I just see Felicity as MORE than just the tech person of the team. Yeah her skills are replaceable (as are Oliver's/Diggle's/Thea's), but what makes her special to the team isn't her skills, but her connection to Oliver and her connection to Diggle (I'm still hoping that she'll have a connection w/ Thea at some point). What makes Felicity irreplaceable aren't her skills, but her ability to reach out to Oliver and connect with him on a level not many people can reach, how she cares about keeping the team together (like when she yelled at Diggle/Oliver to get their crap together or bringing the team back together after Oliver 'died'), how Felicity adds humor and lightness to their what would be dour lives in that cave... 

This is a role I don't see Curtis ever really fulfilling. We all already know he can take Felicity's spot in the Arrow Cave if the team needs help (because he's obviously going to help them in 417 when Oliver is injured and Felicity is still at PT), so really, it doesn't worry me that Curtis can fill in her position for a summer. Because I guess I feel secure enough with Felicity's role on the team that I really do think she's irreplaceable. 

Yes, you and I both know that she's irreplaceable for many reasons, but we both love Felicity and OTA and put more thought into why they work so well on the show. But to the general audience she's a tech girl+love interest. And having her not be part of the team for five months, not just an episode or two, with someone else taking her place as the team continues to fight crime, validates the theory that well, she's just the love interest, and/or they don't need her skills. 

I know, I know. I should stop caring about what randos say. Having her be away from the team for whatever reason is really interesting in theory, but I just feel protective of Felicity right now after all the crap she's been getting because of 415.

• Love 6

Yes, you and I both know that she's irreplaceable for many reasons, but we both love Felicity and OTA and put more thought into why they work so well on the show. But to the general audience she's a tech girl+love interest. And having her not be part of the team for five months, not just an episode or two, with someone else taking her place as the team continues to fight crime, validates the theory that well, she's just the love interest, and/or they don't need her skills. 

I know, I know. I should stop caring about what randos say. Having her be away from the team for whatever reason is really interesting in theory, but I just feel protective of Felicity right now after all the crap she's been getting because of 415.

I think the beauty of Felicity not being in the team for the summer is that we're not actually going to see Felicity NOT be in the team except for maybe a few episodes in S5? IDK I think ti would be an interesting turn of events. Regardless of what people say, the showrunners themselves think Felicity is integral and love her, I doubt they'd sideline her... That being said yeah, I agree that people are being extremely harsh on Felicity, I suppose this is going to be the new normal now. And tbh I don't want the show to NOT do something potentially interesting because of the audience, y'know? I mean it doesn't necessarily have to be this, but for anything in general.

• Love 3