Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

So, The Flash answered none of the questions I had about the timeline and Oliver showing up in CC. I guess I'll just handwave it away with the many, many other things that don't make sense. 

Unsurprisingly, it did not. It makes most sense taking place somewhere during 3x21, since Oliver was in Starling then. I'd think if it was JUST before tomorrow's ep Oliver would've actually asked Barry for the favor he was going to ask, but...who knows. 

Oliver living to 86 is now canon right? 

Provided knowing that he lives until 86 doesn't make him do something stupid that causes him to not live to 86, haha. 

• Love 2

I'd say it's canon as long as no timelines change.

My theory is that Firestorm picked up Oliver in Nanda, but since he was there anyway, WHY DIDN'T HE KILL EVERY LEAGUE MEMBER WITH HIS FIRE?!?

I'm pretty tired of these idiots not killing people who really, really need killing.  I loved that Cold at least flat-out killed that Deathbolt guy.

• Love 5

Well at the very least maybe this is what drives him to believe he can be Oliver Queen, not just the Arrow.  Seriously, he's in the history books - he must do something in the next 50 years to matter.  And if he's halfway decent at keeping his identity secret, he must do that good as Oliver Queen, not GA.

So, Ra's might be back next year?! I guess SC isn't far enough away that he can't be LP'd if Oliver takes him out.

Been waiting for days for a spoiler and what I get is confirmation that the cliffhanger is "How can the show go on" and that they have ideas for Ra's (Matt Nable's) possible return in S4.

Truly, I wonder why I bother to read the spoilers... Reading that MG article just knocked away so much excitement I had for the finale. Why do the purposely aim to ruin their show, jump the shark and make their characters experience the worse of the worse? I never heard of TV team that looks forward to such misery as a rule.

• Love 7

But, but, but, if Oliver is married to Nyssa, wouldn't being with Felicity be adultery?

It has to be more than just one date over the summer hiatus.

Im gonna go with no because neither Nyssa or Oliver wanted to be in the marriage. They were forced and threatened with death, so even if they are LoA married, in their hearts their is no marriage. Spiritually & emotionally they are not married. Its a sham marriage for ulterior purposes, so adultery is not a possibility in my book. And even if there is some legal element to the contract (which I do not think is possible, this marriage has no legal standing in my mind) its not like there was a pre-nup that stipulated cheating as means of anything like dissolution or getting more money.

Im sorta wondering if OQ will reveal that during the marriage ceremony he imagined/visualized Felicity. That could be a twist. Some of those clips pre-wedding looked like they could be FS in the wedding dress, so that might happen. But I think the dream he has on the plane will definitely have FS in it or be the Porsche scene, as sadly as that might be :(

• Love 1
(edited)

Lyla quit ARGUS at the end of Suicidal Tendencies but she might still have access to a plane and the prison especially if its for metahumans which would cause ARGUS a lot of headaches if they got free.

It seems most likely to me that Rogue Air fits in the middle of This Is Your Sword, after Ra's brainwashed Oliver and gave him his nice new clothes and before Oliver decided he needed Team Arrow's help and brought them to Nanda Parbat to be gassed.  It's at the end of Rogue Air that Oliver tells Barry he may need the favour returned.

Also, when Joe asked Barry why he didn't ask Oliver for help, Barry replied that he was in "some place called Nanda Parbat".

Oliver living to 86 is now canon right? 

Not necessarily.  That's the timeline if nothing changes in the present but The Flash has already shown that a change in events can change the future.

Remember the butterfly.  (p.s. does anyone remember the title of that story?)

Its a sham marriage for ulterior purposes, so adultery is not a possibility in my book.

But I can see some viewers being very uncomfortable with the idea of Oliver being with  Felicity while he's technically married to Nyssa, sham marriage or not.  And if the marriage is legal anywhere, it's adultery.

Edited by statsgirl

Truly, I wonder why I bother to read the spoilers... Reading that MG article just knocked away so much excitement I had for the finale. Why do the purposely aim to ruin their show, jump the shark and make their characters experience the worse of the worse? I never heard of TV team that looks forward to such misery as a rule.

MG's interviews kill alot of the excitement for me. It's like he's literally trying to put people off.  I'd be interested to know why it seems like Guggenheim is the only one doing interviews/press for Arrow. Every week, all the press is with him. Arrow cast interviews are scarce, yet the press for the Flash includes interviews with cast pretty regularly.

• Love 1

I'm not banking on fantastic Olicity or a happy ending, but I really want something to show this season was not a complete waste of time. I need a reveal that Malcolm or Oliver has some higher reasons for doing what they did. (Especially killing Sara, and allowing Malcolm to live free, I get the off screen reasons, but i want an on-screen one)

Oliver needs to want to live his life and take a decent step towards doing so. That might be enough to satisfy me.

Felicity can take over the company and start planning a new lair and gadgets. I think she will be ok with Oliver going by the promo pictures, or is this the dream.....

Thea needs to work out her career steps as does Diggle.

I guess I disliked the last episode so much because it didn't seem like they were going to make sense of this mess of a season but I was becoming causiously optimistic until MG spoke. Grrr!

• Love 3
(edited)

I can see some viewers being very uncomfortable with the idea of Oliver being with  Felicity while he's technically married to Nyssa, sham marriage or not.  And if the marriage is legal anywhere, it's adultery.

I'm not directing this question at you, necessarily, as I don't know if you count yourself among the viewers who would see this as adultery, but: would those people object to people who are separated--divorce pending--dating? Like, no dating prior to your official divorce? That seems pretty antiquated to me. I think in every divorce I've ever been aware of, at least one spouse has started dating before everything was finalized. And I see no difference here, and in fact, there's even less moral/ethical reason not to date other people when you were forced at swordpoint to marry.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 13
(edited)

I think the whole marriage to Nyssa is ridiculous and Guggentrolling. 

But thinking it over, yeah, marriage means something to me, it means a lot actually, and if the first thing Oliver does when everything settles down isn't to end the marriage to Nyssa, I would be upset with the idea that he would spend the five month hiatus married to Nyssa and sleeping with Felicity.  Pledging and honor and trust mean something to me, and if there is none of that with Nyssa, then Oliver needs to end it as soon as he can before he says those things to Felicity.  Maybe I am antiquated but it it seems to me that marriage, straight or gay,,as an institution is something not to be entered in lightly or dismissed lightly.  Keeping the marriage to Nyssa going while being with Felicity will cheapen his relationship with Felicity for me.  (For the record, I don't give up on friendships easily either.)

In real life, it only takes a couple of weeks to put in the paperwork in order if it's a mutual decision.  If it's one person who wants the divorce and the other doesn't, it gets more complicated.  Everyone has to decide for themselves what they are going to do.  But the people who research these things have found that it takes three to five years for both parties to get over the end of a serious relationship and be ready for a new one.  Dating doesn't make it happen any faster.

ETA:  it's interesting to explore. I think if Oliver started dating some random person he had no feelings for while he was fake married to Nyssa, I'd be okay with it. It's being in a serious relationship with Felicity while married to Nyssa that I have trouble with.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

I hate the wedding, too, but how is Oliver supposed to end something that is only recognized in NP by a group of crazy people? If there's no paperwork to be filed, what should he do? If marriage only ends in death in NP, should he kill Nyssa?

This is why I hate MG and this idiotic "marriage." 

• Love 11
(edited)

how is Oliver supposed to end something that is only recognized in NP by a group of crazy people?

Fortunately the precedent has been set with the talaq:

"I divorce you, I divorce you, I divorce you".

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

I don't think it's adultery, but Nyssa/Oliver being married (even a sham, not legal marriage) does take away some of my enjoyment of Oliver/Felicity ending up together at the end of this season. For me, it taints Oliver and Felicity finally getting together after sitting through three seasons of roadblocks. 

How would Oliver go about ending this marriage to Nyssa? Those vows made it sound like the marriage was permanent. Then there's MG saying that he's not sure whether it'll carry over into Season Four or not, which makes me think it's at least ongoing through the end of 3x23. 

This whole thing is confounding to me and I have a feeling that 3x23 won't provide any further clarification. MG did tease that there would be a line about the marriage in 3x23, but how much can be explained/resolved in one line?

• Love 2

Oliver and Nyssa were crossing their fingers and toes. It was never legal. 

Or it was never consummated within the allowed time period and is therefore null n void. That is my totally made up logic. 

• Love 3

Here is to hoping the dialogue tease is Felicity to Oliver and that the appropriate response is something along the lines of "we're not married." Am I asking for too much?

• Love 2

I never actually heard Oliver or Nyssa say any vows, I just heard a sham priestess say a bunch of words that sounded serious but was meaningless to the current situation of Oliver & Nyssa.

For me it is a sham wedding. Both parties were being coerced and with NP not being a sovereign state, even if they filed the paperwork Felicity can totally hack it away.

If they go with its a sham and not a real marriage I will be annoyed, because why have it in the first place (stupid plot point) and how hideous was the imagery of Team Arrow "dying" while Oliver and Nyssa are taking a "sacred" vow. I had a very negative reaction to that scene.

But if they go with it's a marriage, I will be Hella mad!!! It's so stupid to go in this direction, besides all the points mentioned previously, I doubt there is consummation, so annulment at worst & no divorce required is about all I'm willing to accept.

• Love 3

One of the worst things about the marriage is that is ISN'T a real marriage. A real coerced marriage would be quickly annulled. No one would wonder why these two people who were forced under threat of death to one of them to "marry" weren't conflicted about faithfulness to one another. They'd just be relieved they got out alive. With it not being real and no clear path to dissolution just makes it messier. There is actually no way for it to ever be over, is there?

Guys, was last night's Flash supposed to have been before 322?

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm hoping there will be another convenient, but stupid, "whoever survives the sword of Ra's" type prophecy that can be applied to the ridiculous wedding/marriage to end it.

If it continues into season 4 I will be another viewer who won't return because not ending it will damage any future relationship between Olicer and Felicity beyond what I can reasonably accept. It might also be because I can't take another season of contrived drama and unrelenting misery based on a pointless marriage between two people with no interest in each other.

Edited by kes0704
  • Love 4

Nyssa could release Sara from the League by essentially just saying so ("In the name of Ra's al Ghul, I release you", Heir to the Demon); I don't see why Oliver and Nyssa's marriage can't be annulled/cancelled in a similar way.

If it can't I'm going to side-eye the show. Hard.

Regardless, I'm happy to not speak about the O/N marriage til we see how it actually plays out tonight.

Happy Season Finale Day, everyone!

• Love 3
(edited)

Seems KC, David Ramsey, Emily Bett , Stephen Amell and Paul Blackthorne will all be at the upfront from the Arrow cast. Waiting to see if Barrowman and Willa will be there also.

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 2

I've never been so happy that a show is going to be over before. I just read through the latest spoilers, and my one true hope is that over the summer, I can stop caring and become a casual viewer (or better yet) a non viewer of this show.

• Love 5
(edited)

Statsgirl's post only adds to my growing frustration with Arrow/MG regarding marriage. Because Statsgirl is right, it should mean a lot. Marriage is a very important decision and relationship. It should mean something. But in the way it is being used with O/N, its not really a marriage, but the audience can still have all of these visceral responses because it is using marriage. It is tarnishing the beauty of marriage to some degree in my eyes, because nobody in script is acknowledging that it is wrong what Ras is doing. I just hope there are some in script references about this not being a real marriage for O/N but rather a forced union under duress. They can call it a marriage, but its not really a marriage.

Even though I watched the ceremony, I do not see O/N as married in an sense of the word (emotionally, spiritually, legally, mentally or physically). The ceremony happened, but neither wanted to be part of it, but had no other option. I want the show to acknowledge this, so both parties can move forward with their life while we wait for whatever LoA magic or ritual needed to undo the bond. It will only take a line or 2 to acknowledge that although we all saw the ceremony come to completion, the marriage is not valid in the minds & hearts of Oliver & Nyssa. And if a marriage is not valid in the mind/heart of the participants than they are free to pursue their lives while they wait for the paperwork or magic voodoo to undo the union that was forced upon them by a crazy evil psychopath.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 5

Guys, was last night's Flash supposed to have been before 322?

That really wasn't clear to me. We had:

1. Barry saying that Oliver was in Nanda Parbat, which could have been the second half of episode 20, the first part of episode 21, or at any point in episode 22.

2. Oliver and Firestorm showing up at the last minute to fight Reverse Flash.

3. Oliver saying that he would need a favor from Barry - presumably Barry freeing Team Arrow and Various Hangers On and then stalking off screen, apparently too busy even for a beer or a nice chat about heroism.

So the Flash episode happened before 323, but if you are asking me when exactly Ra's gave Oliver permission to pop over to Central City and why Ra's would do this, you've got me. My best guess is "sometime in the first part of 322" but I'm sure everyone here can poke holes in that theory.

• Love 4

Technically it wasn't Oliver who got married, since Oliver, as far as the LOA are concerned, doesn't exist.  If anyone is married to Nyssa, it's Al Sahim.  Oliver, however, is still as free as a bird.  Even if there were legal paperwork (haha), it wouldn't have his name on it.  When it comes to marriage, names and identity matter quite substantially!

• Love 13

That really wasn't clear to me. We had:

1. Barry saying that Oliver was in Nanda Parbat, which could have been the second half of episode 20, the first part of episode 21, or at any point in episode 22.

2. Oliver and Firestorm showing up at the last minute to fight Reverse Flash.

3. Oliver saying that he would need a favor from Barry - presumably Barry freeing Team Arrow and Various Hangers On and then stalking off screen, apparently too busy even for a beer or a nice chat about heroism.

So the Flash episode happened before 323, but if you are asking me when exactly Ra's gave Oliver permission to pop over to Central City and why Ra's would do this, you've got me. My best guess is "sometime in the first part of 322" but I'm sure everyone here can poke holes in that theory.

I just watched the Flash episode, the bizarre timing aside, (it really doesn't make sense to me, but maybe Oliver's post dinner walk in 3.22 was longer than shown) how did Oliver know Barry was looking for his help? Lyla was the one Barry spoke with, not Oliver. Are Lyla and Oliver in secret communication? I've said it before I wouldn't mind if Oliver turned out to be working for ARGUS. It would be interesting if Lyla and Oliver were in cahoots. Would make the supposed Diggle/Oliver rift better for me.

Speaking of Lyla....What is the notice period for ARGUS? 4 weeks? 6? is it a "Blood in, blood out" situation? Because I thought Lyla had resigned.

• Love 4
(edited)

As far as I'm concerned Oliver and Felicity can't commit adultery because Oliver and Nyssa are not married....not emotionally, spiritually, legally, etc... I don't care how many flipping times MG says they are - they aren't.  It makes no sense.

And I'm also good with only Alshawhat'shisname is married and Oliver is free and clear.  Which of course means, Nyssa is about to be a widow right?

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 6
(edited)

So, basically, when Oliver yells MY NAME IS OLIVER QUEEN in Ra's face, the wedding disappears from existence? *poof* I'm good with that.

What? A wedding between one  brainwashed person and one coerced person, in a mountain fortress that appears to have no national sovereignty, and no established legal system or religions, isn't legally binding? I am shocked!

Perhaps getting married in Nanda Parbat really does mean you're only married in Nanda Parbat. Although by the sounds of it, Nanda Parbat is somewhere near Denver, given how easily it is to flit between there and Starling City.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 3

I just watched the Flash episode, the bizarre timing aside, (it really doesn't make sense to me, but maybe Oliver's post dinner walk in 3.22 was longer than shown) how did Oliver know Barry was looking for his help? Lyla was the one Barry spoke with, not Oliver. Are Lyla and Oliver in secret communication? I've said it before I wouldn't mind if Oliver turned out to be working for ARGUS. It would be interesting if Lyla and Oliver were in cahoots. Would make the supposed Diggle/Oliver rift better for me.

Speaking of Lyla....What is the notice period for ARGUS? 4 weeks? 6? is it a "Blood in, blood out" situation? Because I thought Lyla had resigned.

Answering over in the general superhero thread.

Seems KC, David Ramsey, Emily Bett , Stephen Amell and Paul Blackthorne will all be at the upfront from the Arrow cast. Waiting to see if Barrowman and Willa will be there also.

Hope Willa attends. 

So, if two people die tonight, but only one is permanent, I'm guessing Ra's is the permanent one (if he comes back in S4 I'm betting it's flashbacks, but even that comment could just be trolling/lying...after all, Guggie said Starling would not be destroyed in S3, but the promo shows the virus loose in the city), and Felicity is the temporary one.  I've been wondering why no one DEAD has been LPd.  It would have been very easy to make Thea deaddead, but they didn't.  So maybe the classic LP crazy/amnesia symptoms only last if the person's deaddead.  So Felicity gets dead, either NyssaRa's or MalcolmRa's lets her get LPd, then she doesn't remember or love Oliver anymore.  Ta da, ship stall for S4. 

The main problem with this theory is her Palmer Tech CEO status.  But maybe she'll ONLY forget Oliver? 

In the promo, when Oliver says my name is Oliver Queen, Ras has a dagger to Nyssa'a throat.  Nyssa is the wildcard in any plan Oliver may be trying to undo Ras.  Whether she would defend her father or help bring him down makes a huge difference in what would need to be done to eliminate a threat from Ras.  After all that Ras has done to her, do we know that she has been pushed far enough to fully betray her father and the codes she has lived her entire life? 

• Love 2

After all that Ras has done to her, do we know that she has been pushed far enough to fully betray her father and the codes she has lived her entire life? 

I think she has. The fact that she stole the virus is enough to indicate that IMO. 

One of the prisoners gassed in the dungeon was Laurel.  What we didn't see is any reaction from Nyssa to the imprisonment and murder of the gang.  Nyssa has been shown to feel a duty to Laurel as the sister of her former beloved.  Earlier she was willing to provide information, but not willing to cross a line and go directly against her father.  Now her father has forced her into a marriage, is threatening to force her to have a child/heir, given her inheritance to Oliver and has murdered someone she is bound to protect.  However, the league is not just a club for her, it is the life of duty she was raised within and it is her father. 

• Love 1

From MG's interview with ET:

Oliver returns to Starling City a married man after wedding Nyssa at Ra’s’ request. How does this change in Oliver's relationship status affect his future with Felicity?

We always say Oliver and Felicity is an up-and-down, back-and-forth situation that’s constantly in flux. With that in mind, this episode gives a pretty definitive answer – at least for the time being. And we’re not ignoring the wedding. It gets brought up a couple times over the course of the finale so you’ll continue to enjoy married Oliver. But you’ll see what we’re talking about.

But Oliver was forced to marry, so could his situation be considered different?

It is definitely a shotgun wedding, which my wife [Agent Carter co-showrunner Tara Butters] does remind me is still as binding as every other kind of wedding.

Tara Butters, not you too! THAT WEDDING IS NOT BINDING. STOP THIS.

Also interesting...

Stephen Amell recently characterized the finale as one that's in the vein of a "series finale."

I definitely agree with Stephen. It feels like a series finale. There’s actually a segment that we picked up after we wrapped production that I think really doubles down on that notion.

• Love 1
(edited)

I actually think SA was using MG's words when he characterized it as a "series finale".  There are MG interviews out there that used that term long before SA ever did.  I think SA's tweet just got more exposure.  MG's final sentence there is interesting though.

As for Oliver & Nyssa's marriage and enjoying it...I think (hope?) he's talking about snarky comments similar to the dialogue tease.  Or, now that he has a wife to support, maybe Felicity will take pity on him and offer him a job as her errand boy.  She already has an EA.  SA did say that Oliver & Felicity's relationship would be going to the next chapter from early S2.  Early S2 he forced her to be his EA. 

Edited by Sunshine

Oliver returns to Starling City a married man after wedding Nyssa at Ra’s’ request. How does this change in Oliver's relationship status affect his future with Felicity?

We always say Oliver and Felicity is an up-and-down, back-and-forth situation that’s constantly in flux. With that in mind, this episode gives a pretty definitive answer – at least for the time being. And we’re not ignoring the wedding. It gets brought up a couple times over the course of the finale so you’ll continue to enjoy married Oliver. But you’ll see what we’re talking about.

Seriously, show of hands...who's "enjoying" married Oliver? 

Good to see Marc still has his finger on the pulse of the audience.

• Love 14
(edited)

I'm assuming that final segment is the reason for the extra 2 and a half minutes. I wonder if it also connects to Emily going in for ADR. Was she the last person working?

The sneak peeks are usually from the start of the episode. I was expecting the the plane scenes to be apart of the climax of the episode (I don't know why I thought that, but I did). Did the "My Name is Oliver Queen" look like it was on the plane? I thought it was. I'm thinking Oliver exposes himself early on in the episode. He and Nyssa get away. Team Arrow reunion for appropriate planning/punching/snarking. They then go their separates to stop whatever is going to happen. Big fights/things happening all at once. Good guys win, but Where Do We Go From Here (I'm thinking musical number). They all separate for the summer. Oh and a couple people die but only one sticks. I guess. 

Also, random flashbacks happen. They probably make sense, but not enough to really make sense and you find yourself thankful for Tatsu as she is the only good thing to come from Hong Kong.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 2
(edited)

There is supposed to be a big scene on a dam.  This is probably the climactic fight between Oliver and Ra's and probably occurs later in the episode.  I am thinking there will be at least 2 sequences at PT's arrow lair.  The first one is when Diggle punches Oliver in his first appearance.  The 2nd will be when people aren't quite so stressed - after SC is safe again.  This is when I assume Ray lets Felicity know what he did as well as breakups and final reunions (if any) between characters.  I don't think the "how did you expect to repair this" shows up at first Oliver appearance. 

Edited by Sunshine

Tara Butters, not you too! THAT WEDDING IS NOT BINDING. STOP THIS.

It's a good thing nothing utterly fucking horrible involving kidnapping, forced marriage, and procreation is in the news lately. I'm in rage blackout I don't anticipate recovering from.

• Love 6

Deadshot's sort of quasi-trustworthy, though.  Malcolm is a master manipulator always out for himself.  This is the man who claims to love the daughter he drugged and forced to murder a friend.  He's much less trustworthy than Deadshot.

• Love 3

I think the "death that sticks" is going to be Al-sa-him. Marc's a lawyer, they like to parse words and LOVE technicalities.  So, *technically* good 'ol Al would be considered a character who could "die", yet nothing untoward happens to Oliver physically. I need Ra's to die, but according to comic book fans I mentioned this to, they think it's unlikely the show would kill off Ra's and have it stick.  IDK, if anyone deserves to die this season, it's that SOB and his fortune cookie philosophical BS.

Something else thematically that is odd...at least to me.  Diggle feels Oliver crossed a line kidnapping Lyla, and that I can buy.  What I can't buy is that Diggle would not understand working with Malcolm.  Diggle has worked twice with Deadshot as a means to an end.  If anyone could understand working with your enemy to accomplish a shared objective, it should be Diggle.

Not to dig up a dead horse from a couple days ago, but I could see Diggle being pissed about Oliver working with Malcolm and not letting him or the team in on the plan...it would be like choosing Malcolm over the team.  When Digg worked with Deadshot, it wasn't done on the sly and didn't leave the team in the dark about it.

• Love 2

Arrrrggg!!!!!

Actually no - a shotgun wedding would NOT be binding if you can prove you were coerced in court.  Heck, if I understand all things correctly, if you signed your marriage contract while intoxicated, you can actually get out of it.  Annulments happen for a reason and if this stupid, freaking wedding had any legal standing - it could easily be annulled.  But what the hell legal standing does it have??!!?!?!?!!?!?

Do these people even understand what the hell marriage is?

Marriage can be considered a spiritual union when the parties are joined in the eyes of a deity. Even though that was a priestess of some sort, I don't get the sense the wedding invoked any spiritual significance.

Marriage can be two people in a monogamous relationship who call each other husband and wife and function as such without a spiritual or legal joining.  Oliver and Nyssa do not currently fill this condition and the show would be stupid as hell if they had them do so.

And finally marriage as it is most often considered  today, is a legal agreement between two consenting adults. This does NOT qualify.

And even if we get medieval ala Ra's background - the marriage would have to be consummated to be legitimate.  See Sansa and Tyrion and Margaery and her two almost husbands on Game of Thrones.  So unless the show plans to have Oliver and Nyssa have "I hate you, but we have to do this because my dad is making us sex" the marriage isn't even binding under medieval standards.

They are NOT freaking married!!!!!!

I might actually refuse to watch this flaming pile of poo if they don't actually say this tonight.

• Love 13
(edited)

I don't see how Ra's could not die.  Unless it turns out (and it seems REALLY unlikely from the promos) that he was actually working a con on Nyssa to make her step up, why would he ever let Oliver go if he's alive?

Re the marriage, the #1 reason it is not legal is that the LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS is not a recognized nation.  It's a secret group of, effectively, international terrorists.  There is simply no way, NONE, that the U.S. or really any Western nation would recognize that marriage.  And that is BEFORE you get into the coercion/non-consummation/lack of paperwork aspects. 

So the only way I will not go into rage blackout about it is if they fudge it by saying it's a "real" marriage per the LOA.  It would in no way allow, for example, Oliver to file his federal or state tax returns as "married."  Or get Nyssa a green card.  Or get Nyssa on his health insurance plan.  Or ANY OTHER BENEFIT OF MARRIAGE.  If there are any problems arising out of it they had better be LOA problems, NOT United States problems such as Oliver not being allowed to marry Felicity at some point down the road.  If they want to do something with this unbearably stupid and offensive "marriage" BS, it had better be that some members of the LOA/the new Ra's (although it would either be Nyssa or Malcolm, neither of whom would have any interest in pushing the "marriage") making the problems.  Not Oliver, not Nyssa, not federal or state authorities.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 3