Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

So according to MG, both characters are "pretty prominent" and the wedding makes sense to him.  That means we can rule out Oliver/random character.

If we eliminate Oliver/Nyssa because it doesn't make sense storywise, and hopefully Oliver/Laurel and Nyssa/Laurel as well, that leaves only Roy/Thea, Nyssa/Sara and Oliver/Felicity.  Anyone else?

I'd be inclined to rule out Nyssa/Sara for the same reason that Ray is now free, they probably don't want to tie Sara down in terms of the new show.

I really think its down to Oliver/Nyssa/Felicity and Thea/Roy.  I am not ruling out the possibility that a wedding is the "punctuation mark" they are putting on the Thea/Roy love story.

• Love 1

In 321 Ra's sends Oliver to kill Nyssa. Going from Eliminate the pretender to the throne in 321 to you two must marry in 322, doesn't make much sense to me, storywise.

Maybe Oliver can let her live but has to marry her so that she can no longer be a threat to the League? I don't even understand how the LoA works. So Nyssa is out but is she plotting revenge? Does she want to kill Oliver for taking her place? Because if not, why would she need to die. She got thrown out and now they want to kill her. Are they afraid of her? Does she annoy them? Do they not like her wardrobe? Maybe her dad hates the fact that she loved a woman. 

Who else has never been married: Sara, Laurel, Nyssa, Ray, Thea, Roy, Oliver and Felicity.

Sara is not back yet and I don't think Katrina Law will be in the new show. So Nyssa/Sara might not be an option. But I'd be on board.

Ray/Felicity are over. (Regardless of their upcoming 'moment')

Thea/Roy are supposed to find closure, doesn't say marriage to me.

Diggle/Lyla are married. Maseo and Tatsu were married. 

If it is not Oliver and Nyssa that only leaves Felicity and Laurel. I don't even want to know what would happen if he married Laurel. (I sincerely doubt that it will happen.) 

Edited by Belinea
(edited)

If we eliminate Oliver/Nyssa because it doesn't make sense storywise,

Doesn't make sense to me (us?) Story wise but this is the same show that had Roy go from threatening MM to stay away from Thea in 1 episode. To Roy wanting MM on his team and saying he's a good father in the next episode.

I loathe the very idea but there's a part of me that wouldn't be surprised if TIIC called it brilliant.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I think the wedding is most likely Oliver and Nyssa. After that, Felicity and Oliver. 

I'd like to say Roy and Thea, but I just don't see how that works, because if Roy's only coming back for 3x22, is Thea not in the finale at all? Do they get married and then Thea leaves to finish getting her brother out of the LoA? Seems to me that Roy was wearing a mechanic's outfit in the BTS pic of him shooting 3x22, so I really think that Thea goes and sees him wherever it is that he's living now. It would be weird if she married him and left to return to SC, and it would be weird if she married him and stayed and let everyone else deal with stuff at home, especially since next week's preview shows her suited up. 

I feel like MG is trying really hard to tell us the wedding will be Oliver and Felicity without telling us. The bouquet catch that he kept pointing to the two prominent characters that have never been married and a marriage not just a wedding. I think him being cagey about if it will continue into S4 is just him trying not to totally give it away. With the story about Felicity's dad and Oliver's son it would be really helpful to have Oliver and Felicity married. Also the convertible scene seems to support the two of them.

I don't really see how any story will make sense with Oliver still Al Sah-him and Ras still alive in 3x23 but maybe the brain washing breaks in 3x21 and he and Nyssa come up with a plan to have her kill Ras and claim herself as the new head of the League. Then maybe Oliver and Felicity say screw it - let's get married, this plan may or may not work but why wait.

• Love 6

I don't know how much I trust her after her spoilers, BUT I feel like she knows this because of the Q&A session after the episode screening. So this sort of takes Oliver and Felicity off of the table of people who get married. 

tumblr_nndrdgvPbP1qedkh5o1_540.png

She also said that she had no idea who got married, that they were keeping it right under wraps. She could have new info though (for all we know this wedding takes place at the end of 3x22).

I feel pretty sure that it's Oliver and Nyssa though.

Edited by apinknightmare

Omg I am so sick of this wedding already and it hasn't even happened. No wedding/marriage makes sense this season aside from Diggle/Lyla. I know I'm gonna hate it whoever ends up getting married. Ugh. 

I find it amusing that the producers were seemingly too cheap (or not smart enough) to get SA and DR to pose for an actual photo, rather than taking what looks like a still from the episode and trying to make it look like a photograph. 'Aw, Johnny, this picture of you and Oliver sort of staring off into the middle distance in distraction is so cute. Let's frame it and put it on display!'

Well that and I'm sure there are a few other screencaps that would have at least made more contextual sense as still photo from the wedding photography. But yeah the production team does tend to find the most random of photo choices & give them prominent billing.

I feel like MG is trying really hard to tell us the wedding will be Oliver and Felicity without telling us. The bouquet catch that he kept pointing to the two prominent characters that have never been married and a marriage not just a wedding.

And if it's not Oliver and Felicity, as it probably won't be, a lot of people are going to be angry at him even O & F drive off into the sunset in 3x23.

Why does MG do these things to himself?

And if it's not Oliver and Felicity, as it probably won't be, a lot of people are going to be angry at him even O & F drive off into the sunset in 3x23.

Why does MG do these things to himself?

I'm relatively sure anyone who's upset with him about the wedding will forgive him if O&F drive off into the sunset, haha. Especially if Oliver and Nyssa marry each other, since it'll be a sham.

I remember back when they were filming Diggle's wedding MG made a big deal about Felicity catching the bouquet, and then he said something along the lines of "we had to do it". That could have been foreshadowing, although it's possible that I'm giving the writers too much credit.

• Love 2

I remember back when they were filming Diggle's wedding MG made a big deal about Felicity catching the bouquet, and then he said something along the lines of "we had to do it". That could have been foreshadowing, although it's possible that I'm giving the writers too much credit.

He had to do it because he couldn't resist the trolling, especially when he knew there was going to be another wedding that he was going to tease, so people would think it was Oliver and Felicity, haha. 

• Love 1

MG does like to troll, but I remember last year before the finale he tweeted out "I love you" as a dialogue tease and Oliver did end up saying "I love you" to Felicity in the finale. So sometimes when he teases something and it seems like it could possibly be about Oliver/Felicity it is about Oliver/Felicity.

The wedding could still be Thea/Roy, Nyssa/Oliver (although why?) or any other odd combination, but I don't think we can completely rule out Oliver/Felicity yet.

• Love 2

"You told him the truth OMG you love him" is actually pretty close to how I saw the original scene. This is priceless.

Back to the topic, I go back and forth on the whole wedding theory. I think I'd prefer Oliver marrying Nyssa but I don't write the show so I'll guess we'll have to wait 10 days.

Anyways, Thea and Felicity having dinner at the Diggles' could potentially be my favorite scene of the whole season. Don't disappoint me writers!

Edited by steeledwithakiss
  • Love 2

I'd prefer the wedding to be Roy/Thea. If it must involve Oliver then I say Nyssa. Just so I have confirmation that she'll be in s4. It must happen!

Anyways, Thea and Felicity having dinner at the Diggles' could potentially be my favorite scene of the whole season.

Wait...what?

Edited by wingster55

It's Nyssa and Oliver.  Think about it: it makes no sense story-wise, it makes no sense character-wise, it's offensive, it's a full-on ripoff of a well-known Batman story, and it has no long-term meaning.  It's 100% in Guggie's wheelhouse.

• Love 18

Nothing good can come out of this wedding. Maybe people will forget about it by the time s4 rolls around & just accept the reprecussions/outcomes. It will either be considered plotty, dumb, too soon, too offensive, fanservice, fanboying, plagarizing & gosh knows what else. It really makes me wonder what is the point of the wedding? I want to urge the writers to remember that they are the writers of their own destiny. You do not have to write something just because it seems cool in the writers room that one day someone thought about it. I wish they would sleep on some of their ideas. Let them simmer & see if they make any sense for what will happen 10+ episodes later. I'm all for game-changing & plot twists, but a wedding/marriage just for a switcheroo or because plot/prophecy demands it is just bogus. Write a new prophecy & call it a day.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 4

If it were Oliver and Nyssa, I doubt that it would be an actual marriage....She doesn't like Oliver, he doesn't like her and if the LoA storyline will be wrapped up sooner than later, why would there be any need for those two to stay married? Furthermore, how does the LoA marry people off? Is that an official thing? A symbolic thing? How does it work in the real world? Because if it doesn't count in the real world, how would you get a divorce? Or does the LoA have a divorce court as well?

For some reason you just reminded me of Maury: LoA style. Are there relationships in the league? Does Ra's allow such things? Hmm seeing as Sara was with Nyssa I assume yes. If they have kids what happens?! Enquiring mind must know.

• Love 1

It's a ripoff of Ra's wanting Bruce Wayne to marry/impregnate his daughter Talia.  It's a major Batman comic thing.  Guggie pretty much masturbates to Batman comics every morning while he's sitting on the toilet.

Yes, I really hate him.

In the US it would have the same force and effect as two six-year-olds getting "married" on a playground.  No need for divorce or annulment.  It wouldn't go into S4, it's entirely meaningless outside of the aforementioned Batman ripoff.  I hope the LGBTQ community rips them new assholes for it, but Guggie will just say "Yes, I know it's totally offensive, but Ra's is the VILLAIN."  As if that excuses it.

• Love 3
(edited)

MG said it was a wedding and a marriage and that they weren't sure if it would continue into S4.

If it's O/N how is it a marriage? Because by saying it's both, that to me implies more than a ceremony, it implies an actual marriage and everything that goes with it (love, sex. Commitment, etc).

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

MG said it was a wedding and a marriage and that they weren't sure if it would continue into S4.

If it's O/N how is it a marriage? Because by saying it's both, that to me implies more than a ceremony, it implies an actual marriage and everything that goes with it (love, sex. Commitment, etc).

Which leads to it be Thea/Roy or Oliver/Felicity

• Love 2

Which leads to it be Thea/Roy or Oliver/Felicity

That's pretty much the only thing I'm holding onto with it being T/R. Also, CH apparently said that he's not.leaving Arrow just taking a step back. Not sure if it's true or just actor speak but, hopefully he'll sign a recurring contract for 8-10 episodes. Hey, maybe he's the Floater?
  • Love 2

Perhaps you guys are overthinking the 'it's a wedding and a marriage' hint. Because technically, a wedding event still takes place even if no vows are said at the end. Perhaps Guggenheim just means, 'it's a wedding that ends up with two people married.'

• Love 4

This post is proof that I spend way too much time thinking about Arrow...

In 3x21, Diggle will say (of Oliver): "There's only one thing left of him now - us."

For some reason, that made my mind wander to Harry Potter.  Pieces of Voldermort's soul were left in various objects (including living beings such as the snake and Harry), which was why Voldermort was so difficult to kill.  As long as a horcrux containing a piece of his soul remained intact, he remained alive.

At the end of 3x20, during the branding ceremony, Ra's said to Oliver, "Embrace the pain, for it is your soul finally being unburdened. Oliver Queen is dead. Eventually to be reborn as Ra's al Ghul. But for now, only the Arrow, Al Sah-him, shall remain."

So I"m thinking that Diggle, Felicity and Thea are now the (figurative) horcruxes for the remaining pieces of Oliver's soul (what's left of 'Oliver Queen').  As long as they remain alive, Oliver Queen remains alive.  In order for Oliver Queen to die completely, Ra's must destroy these three people.  As long as they live, hope remains for Oliver that he'll see them again and that he'll someday find a way out of becoming the next Ra's - so a sliver of Oliver Queen remains inside him, perhaps deeply buried.  But if Felicity, Thea and Diggle all die, then all hope for Oliver Queen will die.

Of course, the other side of the argument is that Felicity, Thea and Diggle are like 'hostages' for Oliver's good behavior and obedience to Ra's al Ghul, so Ra's can't touch them or Oliver will rebel.  But perhaps after the brainwashing/drugging/whatever is completed, Ra's will so confident that the process was successful in transforming Oliver into the Arrow, that he won't need these 'hostages' anymore.  That hubris could lead to Ra's' downfall.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 8

That's pretty much the only thing I'm holding onto with it being T/R. Also, CH apparently said that he's not.leaving Arrow just taking a step back. Not sure if it's true or just actor speak but, hopefully he'll sign a recurring contract for 8-10 episodes. Hey, maybe he's the Floater?

I always said if they faked Roy's death, it would make sense for him to be the floater.

This post is proof that I spend way too much time thinking about Arrow...

In 3x21, Diggle will say (of Oliver): "There's only one thing left of him now - us."

For some reason, that made my mind wander to Harry Potter.  Pieces of Voldermort's soul were left in various objects (including living beings such as the snake and Harry), which was why Voldermort was so difficult to kill.  As long as a horcrux containing a piece of his soul remained intact, he remained alive.

At the end of 3x20, during the branding ceremony, Ra's said to Oliver, "Embrace the pain, for it is your soul finally being unburdened. Oliver Queen is dead. Eventually to be reborn as Ra's al Ghul. But for now, only the Arrow, Al Sah-him, shall remain."

So I"m thinking that Diggle, Felicity and Thea are now the horcruxes for the remaining pieces of Oliver's soul (what's left of 'Oliver Queen').  As long as they remain alive, Oliver Queen remains alive.  In order for Oliver Queen to die completely, Ra's must destroy these three people.  As long as they live, hope remains for Oliver that he'll see them again and that he'll someday find a way out of becoming the next Ra's - so a sliver of Oliver Queen remains inside him, perhaps deeply buried.  But if Felicity, Thea and Diggle all die, then all hope for Oliver Queen will die.

Of course, the other side of the argument is that Felicity, Thea and Diggle are like 'hostages' for Oliver's good behavior and obedience to Ra's al Ghul, so Ra's can't touch them or Oliver will rebel.  But perhaps after the brainwashing/drugging/whatever is completed, Ra's will so confident that the process was successful in transforming Oliver into the Arrow, that he won't need these 'hostages' anymore.  That hubris could lead to Ra's' downfall.

That's... GENIUS!!

I didn't even connect a possible HP connection-ish. Not that i think the writers actually meant for it to be, but.. cool thought process my friend!

• Love 1
greenarrowtv released pics of an upcoming scene with Diggle/Lyla/Thea/Felicity/Baby Sara having dinner :')

More Diggle and Thea scenes? Great.  I can take or leave Thea/Felicity...I think the female Thea should be closest to is Laurel. 

More Diggle and Thea scenes? Great. I can take or leave Thea/Felicity...I think the female Thea should be closest to is Laurel.

She is closest to Laurel. Thea and Felicity had never even spoken to each other on screen till last ep.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5

More Diggle and Thea scenes? Great.  I can take or leave Thea/Felicity...I think the female Thea should be closest to is Laurel. 

Why can't Thea be close to two females? It's not unheard of you know.

I think it's probably safe to assume she'll be getting closer to Felicity in the next couple of eps. Ultimately, who knows. The show couldn't even be bothered to let us know if Laurel was even aware that anything happened to Thea.

• Love 5

I didn't say she couldn't be close to both. But I don't want her to become closer to Felicity.

Oh, well now that's a different story.

Nothing is going to delete Thea's history with Laurel. They'll always have that. But maybe Thea feels a bit uncomfortable around Laurel at the moment, given the fact that she killed her sister. Plus Laurel is going to be occupied training with Nyssa so I think they can spare one scene going to Felicity talking to Thea at the dinner table. It's not like they're going to be instant BFFs. 

Edited by Guest

I don't see the problem of Thea and Felicity getting closer... they are currently both share a similar grief (Thea losing Roy, Felicity losing Oliver) while also sharing a grief over losing Oliver- their common thread. Felicity is the woman Oliver is in-love with, Thea is his sister; it makes total sense for them to be growing closer to one another.

• Love 11