Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

:,( Gun is J. August Richards's character on Angel but I'm worried they will turn Diggle into some DC version of Richards's AOS's character...

It's Gunn....if that makes it better??:( LOL

• Love 2

See I thought it would be something that would be fixed by technology that would actually give him an edge out in the field instead of giving him a reason to stay out of it.

When I suggested Diggle being in a wheelchair I had two thoughts, one that his recovery is a struggle and takes time.  Option Two would be he turns to technology to compensate and even give him an edge.  Not so much Cyborg but think John Henry Iron, the guy who built his own super suit Steel. (Hell, we might even get a reveal that Diggle's middle name is Henry and his mother's maiden name Iron)  If they went there, to keep the series more focused on Oliver and the Arrow, they could only outfit him in a partial suit. 

Personally rather than actually reveal Dig's someone else, I'd love just for Diggle to take a few traits and mix and match them into his story line.  Steel in the comics made the suit cause Superman went missing, not because he was injured and Cyborg was more machine than man (I understand they did eventually grow him new man parts - the details are fuzzy).  So neither scenario is a match for our guy so let him tap into some left over Palmer Tech and help design something that restores whatever is lost and let him stay John Diggle, the best man Oliver Queen has ever met. 

On that plus side of the John Henry Iron idea, he was a pretty great guy too. 

I don't believe anyone has to give Felicity that message, but if so, I'd vote for Thea. She heard Oliver tell Felicity he loved her in the catacombs, and with the enormous amount of guilt she felt about Oliver's sacrifice, I could totally see her telling Felicity Oliver needs her because he loves her.

Ray's a good guy, but him telling Felicity to fight for Oliver would be much like Laurel's advice to Sara last year about Oliver, and that's something I don't need to see repeated on my television.

Interesting thoughts.  Given the shows love of repeating the same beats as last year, I now fully expect them to repeat what would be akin to Laurel offering Sara relationship advice. 

But i wouldnt be able to call them GUNS then :(

.It would if said missing arm was replaced with an ACTUAL gun. 

Edited to add: or what Lady Calypso said.  ;)

Actually, the idea of building him a replacement arm is pretty much already in show already.  Palmer's neural control over Handy?  I loved Oliver remote controlling Ray but really, what practical use would Ray have for remotely controlling the suit he is wearing?  It screams like foreshadowing to me now. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

MG mentioned Felicity going through the seven stages of grief and then specifically mentioned whether or not Felicity loses faith in Oliver, so I think maybe he's just being hyperbolic again regarding the amount of "grieving" she'll do just to make people think she might actually give up on him this time. 

The anvil Oliver dropped about Felicity being the first person he saw as a person when he came back from the island suggests that she'll be the one to bring him out of it. So I can see them having a hard time getting it together, but probably not as hard as the first time considering at this point they've already done it once before. 

Anyone remember which ep MG said that Ray and Felicity have that great scene in? Because if he's the one who convinces her to not give up on Oliver, I might throw my shoe, haha. 

No, MG confirmed that it's a present-day wedding.

Thanks for answering.  Now I am bummed out, he also said it is a first time for both, so that only leaves Thea/Roy or Oliver/Felicity or Sara/Nyssa it seems too far fetched with Roy gone.  Oliver/Felicity is a show killer.  

IDK why, but against my better judgment, every time I see the phrase "Olicity is a show killer" with no justification to that argument it makes me want them to be the couple who gets married all the more... Huh. And I don't even want them to get married right now lmao

I don't think the season can be redeemed because of the weak LoA plot and the weak Malcolm plot as well... But I think it could receive more goodwill if episodes 22-23 focus on the core of the show O/D/F. Hopefully we get back to the original 3, and I would LOVE to see Thea become Oliver's sidekick. So it would be O/D/T out in the field and occasionally Laurel, with Felicity on the comms. Oliver/Thea both out in the field could be interesting. I wonder how Oliver would react to her being out there...

• Love 8

When I suggested Diggle being in a wheelchair I had two thoughts, one that his recovery is a struggle and takes time.  Option Two would be he turns to technology to compensate and even give him an edge.  Not so much Cyborg but think John Henry Iron, the guy who built his own super suit Steel. (Hell, we might even get a reveal that Diggle's middle name is Henry and his mother's maiden name Iron)  If they went there, to keep the series more focused on Oliver and the Arrow, they could only outfit him in a partial suit.

It seems very do-able, and the sort of thing the EPs like, taking a character from the comic books but in this care making Diggle one who could be in the comics.  It also incorporated the love of technology that this show --  I mean Palmer and Cisco have, and it opens up a lot of story lines given what they give Diggle and any problems that might accrue for him.

And lots of angst and guilt for Oliver, you know how much the writers love that.

Yikes, I hoped she was a better fashion designer than actress, but no suck luck, it seems.

I think in terms of fashion the Black Canary outfit is interesting and not too bad.  But in terms of being practical, those fingerless gloves (so her nail polish can match her lipstick)! And the many, many buckles.  And the weird mask.

I am curious and spoiled enough to ask the question here, but do you guys think Oliver and Felicity will get back together post Nanda ParBAt, or do you think it will be chalked up to a desperate hook up because they were about to lose each other forever (or as long as forever is on a cw show)?

Team Arrow of Oliver/Diggle/Felicity and Olicity are the bread-and-butter of the show, and as evidence I point to "This started with the three of us, it's time we got back to that" which they are now pulling for the second year in a row.  They can mess around with masks and costumes and comic book characters but when they need audience, they call on O/D/F.  And so we're suddenly promised good Diggle/Felicity scenes when through the season they've been pairing Diggle and Felicity with Laurel and Ray to get those characters relevant.

The desperation was the push for the hook-up at last but the way they did it, from Ra's pushing for it, which MG apparentlythinks is romantic, to Oliver telling Felicity that drugging him just makes him love her more, firmly put them as the show's OTP. They may not be together in the last shot of the season but they will be together or at least back-and-forth next season.

Olicity seems to have been pretty well received by that revered young male demo so I don't see Oliver going back to serial relationships and at this point, Laurier isn't at all likely.

• Love 5

Did I miss a spoiler? A few people have mentioned Dig in a wheelchair, is that just speculation?

It's speculation that the "irreversible damage" in Diggle and Oliver's relationship is physical, not emotional, based on DR's comment that Diggle's getting some kind of a suit or something that he has to be fitted for and the preview last night where Oliver is told to fight Diggle (thus leading to the injury).

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2
(edited)

Pure speculation nothing really to support it at this point.

In fact wasn't Diggle out in the field with Nyssa, Thea and Helena during filming for the finale? We also have the BTS picture posted by KC for filming 322 with the gang in the mountains. Diggle wearing his normal mission attire.

Edited by Morrigan2575

And lots of angst and guilt for Oliver, you know how much the writers love that.

I think in terms of fashion the Black Canary outfit is interesting and not too bad.  But in terms of being practical, those fingerless gloves (so her nail polish can match her lipstick)! And the many, many buckles.  And the weird mask.

the suit is not bad, it's interesting, the problem is that it is not fitting in KC. She is thin, is not athletic, the suit does not value, only emphasizes her weakness

Ok seriously, if Ra's threat/shocking news is that Nyssa can come back as long as she married Oliver - I will puke.  Why in the hell are they turning this crazy, badass villain into a drama queen?

I think the reason I am clinging to Thea/Roy marriage is that it is the only one that won't annoy the hell out of me.

• Love 5

And make a baby? What is it with this guy...

I think they're going for Ra's being a sexist and homophobic pig? Honestly, I don't get the LoA storyline this year. What even is Ra's' motivation for half of the things he's done (which is probably like 2-3)? Why does he want an heir NOW so badly? What's so special about Oliver? IDK this is all just really bizarre to me

• Love 8

Oliver/Al Sah-him (Stephen Amell) finishes his training and is left with two final tasks to become the next Ra’s al Ghul. Ra’s (guest star Matt Nable) threatens Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) and delivers some shocking news.

Is one of the tasks that he has to kill Ra's, because MG has stated time and again that Ra's is a job that you have until you die. 

The shocking news he's going to deliver is that she has to marry Oliver for some reason that will ultimately make no sense whatsoever since he ousted her as heir. 

Ok seriously, if Ra's threat/shocking news is that Nyssa can come back as long as she married Oliver - I will puke.  Why in the hell are they turning this crazy, badass villain into a drama queen?

I think the reason I am clinging to Thea/Roy marriage is that it is the only one that won't annoy the hell out of me.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be Thea/Roy. IDK why, I just feel it. Although I may be 100% wrong, but still. I have a good feeling it'll be them. They're young, they're crazy, they love each other. Just because Roy is gone doesn't mean that they can't handle a long distance relationship. I mean it'll mean that Thea will probably have to be missing for a few episodes next season to be with Roy, but I can handle that. 

• Love 1

So Ra's threatens Nyssa unless she marries Oliver? The episode after he tells the LoA to kill her?  Could this be any more revolting?  If Ra's is so keep in Oliver getting married, why not Felicity who he's already established has "a fire in [her]"?  Wouldn't Oliver be more likely to stay Ra's if he was married to a heterosexual woman he actually loved?  I don't think I could hate this more.

Is the other task killing the current Ra's?  Why wouldn't he want to hang around while Oliver trains some more, since Nyssa was apparently the Heir all her life?

Wendey Stanzler directed the episode with story by Erik Oleson and teleplay by Ben Sokolowski & Brian Ford Sullivan (#322).

I've liked the other episodes Sokolowski and Ford also did Broken Arrow and Secret Origins of Felicity Smoak, which I liked, and Uprising and The Offer, which I didn't.

• Love 1

Ah, I forgot that they only do things because of plot, so clearly it will be Nyssa/Oliver, it's the most offensive and lamest of all choices it's definitely happening. Where is Barry can he please swoop in and deposit Ra's ass in the Star Labs jail? He doesn't even deserve to die.

• Love 1

When I first read two tasks, I thought Ra's was going to order him to go after Felicity and Diggle (I'm assuming Thea is safe because of the trade). But Felicity and Diggle are the strongest ties to his humanity; His Love and His Brother. The final ties to Oliver Queen.

• Love 2

So, based on the 3x22 description, Oliver and Nyssa are getting married, yeah?

This was my knee jerk thought as well too.

No. Which means probably yes, because this show has been enfuriating this season.

Edited by chaos is welcome

What ep were they shooting when everyone was in Nanda Parbat and David and EBR were doing pas de deux, God I hope it's 22, and this is TA brining the WAR to the LoA and Oliver has already had the mind whammy broken and right after Ra's says' KNEEL BEFORE ZOD" Nyssa breaks every bone in his hand. 

• Love 3

An Oliver/Nyssa wedding would be pretty heinous and insulting BUT I do have to say that I WOULD look forward to the rage-tweets that would follow.  I can imagine MG's tumblr response as we speak "I underestimated that response for sure."  Dude has no clue, I swear. 

• Love 10

The only way I would be okay with Nyssa and Oliver is if its Nyssa's idea. She plays Ra's to think it's his idea. She sneaks Felicity/Diggle/MM/Tatsu/Laurel into Nanda.  She turns it into the Red Wedding. She goes after Ra's when his back is turned (I like the idea of killing him slowly in front of the Lazarus Pit so he knows life is just out of his reach). The group fights/saves Oliver while that is going on.

shocking news: Sara is alive?

Please?

Maybe the wedding is Oliver/Sara. Hey look Comics!

• Love 12

An Oliver/Nyssa wedding would be pretty heinous and insulting BUT I do have to say that I WOULD look forward to the rage-tweets that would follow.  I can imagine MG's tumblr response as we speak "I underestimated that response for sure."  Dude has no clue, I swear.

Especially given the outcry/backlash for killing the first lbs comic heroine on tv. To then force a gay female to marry the show's protagonist...surely even mg is not ThAT clueless.
  • Love 2

I really didn't think that Ra's shocking news could be that Sara's alive. So, maybe Oliver and Nyssa aren't required to marry after all. Then again, maybe they are. Maybe Ra's uses Sara as leverage to get Nyssa to do what she doesn't want to do? 

Hopefully if Ra's demands that Oliver marry anyone, it's Nyssa (with her permission and with the plan to fucking burn Ra's to the ground), or some League rando.

• Love 2

From the promo for next week, where Ra's tells Oliver that there is a pretender who is saying that she's Heir, it sounds like Oliver and his henchmen are ordered to kill her. 

Why would Ra's be ordering her dead one episode, and in the next telling Oliver to marry her?

Why does there even have to be a wedding on this show? For two episodes in a row, they were doing so well.

• Love 4

So, based on the 3x22 description, Oliver and Nyssa are getting married, yeah?

That's what it seems like to me. I understand Ra's may be homophobic and misogynistic, but if this show follows through with this, I don't even think I have words for how vile I would find that. Gah!

Ra's has spent to much time in the magic hot tub. Ra's is a whack-a-doodle. A fruit loop. There is no cheese on that man's cracker. 

Nothing he does and probably will do will make any sense.

• Love 3

Here's what I don't get: Ra's orders Oliver to kill Nyssa, but he doesn't, and yet in the next ep his transformation is nearly complete? He only has to do two more things to become Ra's? Is there no punishment for not killing Nyssa, or does she agree to return to the League (hopefully with a plan to take Ra's down)? 

And thinking about Ra's telling Nyssa Sara's alive, if that's the case, HOW is she alive? He was so against Nyssa's attachment to Sara, why would he have ever tried to put her in the Pit? Unless it was to experiment on what would happen with a dead person instead of a mostly dead one. But in that case, why try it with Sara instead of the randoms he kills fairly often by the looks of it? 

Oliver has 2 tasks to complete before becoming Ra's Al Ghul. If the first is to marry Nyssa is the second to kill Ra's? Ra's is a lifetime appointment.

Are Oliver & Nyssa supposed to be replacements for the son and daughter he left behind when he became Ra's?

Ra's appears to be more insane than intimidating. It makes me fear for Thea's mental health.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 2

Yeah, this whole threat situation is only going to work for me if Nyssa straight up murders Ra's and takes over the League. And then the League is never heard from again, except for when Nyssa or Sara pop up. They should at least kill one of their big bads permanently. The longer the show goes on the more frustrating Malcolm's return in season two seems to me.

• Love 11

I think MM is more likely to die than Ra's. DC would object to their Biggest Bad getting killed.

Maybe Ra's offers Sara to Nyssa in exchange for marrying Oliver.  Although it would have made more sense for Nyssa and Sara to raise a baby with Oliver's genes.

Maybe when Oliver doesn't kill Nyssa, Ra's attributes it to the part of Oliver Queen that remains, like he attributed (whateverhisLoAnameis) helping them escape to the part that was Maseo?  Yeah, doesn't make sense at all.

Nor does it makes sense that Ra's wants to be killed to pass the role on to Oliver when the LP still works on him.  But then, nothing this guy has done all season has made any sense at all.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Disappointed that Thea isn't with them in 3x22. This sounds like the episode with the break thru given the song, I wanted Thea to be there too. 

I wonder how much Ray is going to be in this episode. Doesn't sound like there is much room for him, of course that hasn't stopped the writers before.

Disappointed that Thea isn't with them in 3x22. This sounds like the episode with the break thru given the song, I wanted Thea to be there too. 

I wonder how much Ray is going to be in this episode. Doesn't sound like there is much room for him, of course that hasn't stopped the writers before.

He and Felicity have a moment in this ep. 

I don't think Ra's is dying. There is a plane with green screens in 3.23 being used by O/N/R.

Oliver helps out Barry/Flash in F1.22. Does Barry return the favor in 3.23?

I hope Oliver's 2nd task isn't to rid the world of the Reverse Flash but how else do you explain Oliver helping out Barry in 1.22 if he is ascending to Ra's in 3.22? Surely Ra's isn't just going to let Al Sahim have time off to go help someone from his former life.

• Love 2

I hope Oliver's 2nd task isn't to rid the world of the Reverse Flash but how else do you explain Oliver helping out Barry in 1.22 if he is ascending to Ra's in 3.22? Surely Ra's isn't just going to let Al Sahim have time off to go help someone from his former life.

1x22 airs after 3x22, so maybe he's in his right mind by then? Or maybe Ra's is just super interested in time travel.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be Thea/Roy. IDK why, I just feel it. Although I may be 100% wrong, but still. I have a good feeling it'll be them. They're young, they're crazy, they love each other. Just because Roy is gone doesn't mean that they can't handle a long distance relationship. I mean it'll mean that Thea will probably have to be missing for a few episodes next season to be with Roy, but I can handle that. 

WIth Thea being somehow unstable, it seems more likely that she could want to get married but for it not really stick when Roy realizes she's "off".  But the Nyssa thing is closer to the comics they are "borrowing" from. 

• Love 1