Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Ra's Ollie Ghul will be in Flash 22. I can't see that working with Evil Ollie. I'm thinking it must be Malcolm &/or Thea or maybe Some thing to do with the Alpha and Omega virus (which I feel that's too mass of a storyline to just use in the FB).

Well, he's definitely going evil, it's just a question of how long it'll last. So maybe she does mean Oliver, because the next ep at least is probably going to explore that.

• Love 2

OHH maybe Thea and Oliver both turn evil! That actually might be kind of fun. Maybe that's a by-product of using the LP. That the person that puts you in it, also goes darkside...which might explain why Malcolm went darkside.  Maybe he tried to put Rebecca in the LP and failed and then he went cray cray. Maybe he tried again with Tommy and succeeded and Zombie! Tommy will come out of the Ghul Cave along with Crazy Thea

And then we end up what the Merlyn family 2.0 Crazy Town with Foster Son Ra's Ollie Ghul, Thea al Ghul, and Zombie!Tommy al Ghul and Malcolm Merlyn all on the same side...which might have been Malcolm's long game...to rebuild his family .....in a horrible way.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3

I know he's going Evil but I just can't see it lasting because of the Flash. But also Evil Ollie through the end of the season Makes me puke because it'll mean we will have to deal with ATOM and Laurel much more than I want. It makes me sick. This is Ollie's show and I don't want to see the others be heros when Ollie's not. This time without Roy.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 5

I'm thinking it's either Thea, or Oliver. Or both, ahah.

Also, this answer from that reviewer

The timing is interesting. I'd like for fans to see for themselves.

when asked if the branding is happening before or after Felicity leaves, makes me think we're going to get a hell of a montage.

• Love 1

Reading the livetweets from Stephen's panel yesterday, the fact that he was pushing for Ra's Ollie Ghul pretty enthusiastically + the fact that I trust no one = I'm hoping more and more for a big fake-out.

More so an Oliver fake-out than a Malcolm fake-out, but yeah, can't discount that either.

Yeah, I'm expecting Evil!Oliver to be 320's cliffhanger. Guy has sex, guy turns evil, how very Angelus of them.

The staff loved BTVS don't they ? Yeah I've heard on Twitter about the Bangel and Olicity Simarlites with the couples having sex for the first time then the man goes bad. I could see it going down like Ras Ollie Ghul lasts into 323 then Felicity, like Xander in Season 6 Finale, saves the day by getting through Evil!oliver and much like Xander does with Willow declares her love for Oliver and the evil goes away. It would be Felicity's Big Damn hero moment

• Love 1

I know he's going Evil but I just can't see it lasting becauae of the Flash. But also Evil Ollie through the end of the season Makes me puke because it'll mean we will have to deal with ATOM and Laurel much more than I want. It makes me sick. This is Ollie's show and I don't want to see the others be heros when Ollie's not. This time without Roy.

I don't know that we'll see more of Laurel and Ray.  If they refocus on Oliver going darkside that will have to be their main story. I really think the fanbase will revolt if they stay away from Oliver any more this season. 

To be clear, I was joking. I really don't think it's the sex that's gonna turn Oliver evil. I see zero similarities between Buffy/Angel, whom I liked as individuals, but hated as a couple, and Oliver/Felicity. Plus I think however evil Oliver turns, it's gonna be either fake, or drug/mind control.

I think if Thea turns evil, then she goes back to normal in 322 for the closure scene with Roy. Or Roy breaks through her, as it's been suggested. And in the finale, Thea's suiting up as a new hero.

Oliver is trickier, because of Flash 122, and there's evidence that there's still LoA crap going on in 323.

• Love 2
I see zero similarities between Buffy/Angel, whom I liked as individuals, but hated as a couple, and Oliver/Felicity.

Haha, funny thing that it's the exactly the opposite for me (except I hate Oliver too, or at least strongly dislike him after s2).

Yeah I've heard on Twitter about the Bangel and Olicity Simarlites with the couples having sex for the first time then the man goes bad.

First of all, AFAIK, it's just one big name fan of Olicity who also ships Bangel who's responsible for all the parallels (but I'm not in the fandom, so I may be wrong). Second, this trope hasn't originated in Buffy. It's been there since forever because it also happens IRL (which is the reason BtVS ever decided to use it, because metaphors of this kind were its whole shtick). 

• Love 1

To be clear, I was joking. I really don't think it's the sex that's gonna turn Oliver evil. I see zero similarities between Buffy/Angel, whom I liked as individuals, but hated as a couple, and Oliver/Felicity. Plus I think however evil Oliver turns, it's gonna be either fake, or drug/mind control.

I think if Thea turns evil, then she goes back to normal in 322 for the closure scene with Roy. Or Roy breaks through her, as it's been suggested. And in the finale, Thea's suiting up as a new hero.

Oliver is trickier, because of Flash 122, and there's evidence that there's still LoA crap going on in 323.

I don't really see the Simarlites either just pointing out something . I don't think Sex with Felicity would turn him evil at all. She's his Light .

Haha, funny thing that it's the exactly the opposite for me (except I hate Oliver too, or at least strongly dislike him after s2).

First of all, AFAIK, it's just one big name fan of Olicity who also ships Bangel who's responsible for all the parallels (but I'm not in the fandom, so I may be wrong). Second, this trope hasn't originated in Buffy. It's been there since forever because it also happens IRL (which is the reason BtVS ever decided to use it, because metaphors of this kind were its whole shtick).

I didnt get this from that fan on Tumblr. I got it from a fan on twitter, which yes I know same thing lol

(edited)

I don't see any comparisons between B/A and O/F but I freely admit I hated B/A.

If this is another one of jbuffyangel's theories, I give up. I really just don't get why people worship her like she's a guru.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 8

The thing about Buffy and Angel is that everyone knew that if he ever had sex (i.e. made love) with Buffy he would lose his soul again and become evil. That was set up in the first few episodes of the show and IMO, the most brilliant reason for keeping the OTP apart I've ever come across.

If this is another one of jbuffyangel's theories, I give up. I really just don't get why people worship her like she's a guru.

She gives hope. Even though you may accept in your brain that she's going to be proved wrong, she gives your soul hope.

Hee! I hadn't even thought of sex being part of the con. I just really need them to be smart and work together and strategize. Something beyond alternating between bravado and despair, a step up from last season.

Is it weird that I am totally excited for Evil!Oliver and Crazy!Thea? This could be really fun. Especially with Thea maybe kind of blaming Oliver for what she still thinks is Roy's death.

I'm worried (good worried that is, not BB-and-Ray-are-killing-this-show worried, that Oliver/Team Arrow does come up with a plan but the process of becoming Heir will make him crazy and all previous plans will fall apart.  Ra's knows this, and maybe he even feels a bit sorry for delusional Felicity.

Sorry for the interlude, Luc Besson is God to me, please carry on.

In the "9 degrees of separation" vein

After EuropaCorp generated another hit in Taken 3, Luc Besson and Christophe Lambert’s company has hired Barry Sonnenfeld to direct Nine Lives, a high-concept comedy scripted by Daniel Antoniazzi and Ben Shiffrin.

Nine Lives is the film Robbie Amell is working in .

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

I love B/A but I don't see any comparison. Unless I guess if you see OTP and True love in them. But Buffy was a teen when she was with Angel. Angel was mentally college age. Much more Thea/Roy. Most people need more years of growth then to forever love the person they date at 16.

• Love 1

After reading the tweets about DR's appearance at the Calgary con, I'm really curious about what Ra's does that irreversibly changes Team Arrow's dynamic. Is it something that he hasn't done yet? Or is it the aftermath of what's already happened? Is it the dynamic of Team Arrow in relation to Oliver and Diggle, based on whatever it is that happens that hurts Diggle and makes him feel betrayed or whatever? Or are these two separate things, like Ra's screws with Team Arrow and he makes Oliver do/brings to light something that causes a rift between Diggle and Oliver?

If he's got Oliver under his thumb, what's the point of going after Team Arrow? Unless he wants to destroy anything Oliver had left that would be worth going back to so he screws them up too just to be safe in case Oliver gets any ideas? 

What Ra's does to the team will irreversibly change the dynamic & reverberate into S4 of Arrow

OG Team Arrow is one of the best parts of this show.  They lucked into this awesome dynamic...why would they intentionally destroy that?  I don't get it.  This entire season kept Felicity marooned on Palmer island, MG said multiple times that the days of OG Team Arrow are basically over, and now there will be "irreversible" changes/damage done.  Why are you ruining this?!!

• Love 6

OG Team Arrow is one of the best parts of this show.  They lucked into this awesome dynamic...why would they intentionally destroy that?  I don't get it.  This entire season kept Felicity marooned on Palmer island, MG said multiple times that the days of OG Team Arrow are basically over, and now there will be "irreversible" changes/damage done.  Why are you ruining this?!!

More drama to mine from it than from all the Lances in the world. Hopefully better, too. :)

Edited by looptab
  • Love 4

I'll probably be done watching if they do major damage to Diggle and Oliver. I mean the "irreversible" kind. Diggle is Ollie's only male friend.

Edited by tarotx

I doubt the damage is really going to be "irreversible". If nothing else, this season hopefully has taught them what happens when you mess with O/D/F.

The reason I am sucked in by  Arrow as I'm not by The Flash is the character connections and depth on this show.  It's why I have such a hard time quitting it when it goes into the mid-season doldrums.

Static makes for uninteresting television. We've had three seasons of Diggle being Oliver's rock, including this season of what happens to Oliver when he fails to use Diggle's advice to help him make decisions.

Hopefully, Oliver and Diggle will be at odds for a while and then they'll get back together even stronger for season 5.

We've had Oliver and Felicity at odds for most of this season. If Oliver has to be having trouble with one of his trusted friends, I'd rather it be Diggle than Felicity again.

So I can't get too worried yet.

ETA:

"I also asked DR a Qs about how Team Arrow dynamic is going to change due to the loss of Roy, Olicity Sex, HIVE & O joining LOA.

DR answered that what Ra's does to the team will irreversibly change the dynamic & reverberate into S4 of Arrow."

it will "reverberate into s4", which means it will carry on into the start of the first episode, just like Oliver's happiness at the end of s3, which lasted through the first 10 minutes of The Calm.  Who know how long it will last after that?

Also, the idea of "irreversibly change the dynamic" is not necessarily going to end up bad.  Up to now, Diggle has been Oliver's big brother and mentor but maybe it's time for them to become more equal partners instead of Yoda/Luke.

So until the writing screws this up, I'm looking forward to seeing how their relationship develops.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

I think it can be good for the team as long as the damage is NOT irreversible. I mean tension, hurt feelings, even betrayal is all good if they can come back from that. The writers may take TA for granted but I really thing their bond is for a lot of people watching the show the reason why they care about what happens to Oliver (his bond to Thea too ofc). I'm worried about what will cause the rift and hope they are only overselling it (why not? they do with everything else) and it's not that bad.

Edited by steeledwithakiss
  • Love 3

This season saw a lot of Oliver and Diggle with Felicity on the outside. I think it's going to be the reverse next season. Oliver and Felicity will be together while something with Hive coming between Oliver and Diggle. It will keep the Team Arrow dynamic on edge. I just hope they don't ignore the Felicity / Diggle relationship, like they have for the majority of this season (So Happy about the Diggle/Felicity remark from DR).

I wish someone had asked about Thea at the Cons. I want to see the Queen siblings fighting side-by-side next season. Also wished someone had asked about Felicitys father.

• Love 2

I wouldn't be surprised if this was all a big plan of Malcolm's tbh. 

Oh I cannot tell you how happy that would make me!!!! 

Among the many problems I have had this season is that I could not buy that Malcolm believed Oliver could defeat Ra's so all of his actions with Thea and Sara made no sense to me.  If Malcolm has a master plan, that will make me feel better about at least one of the characters this season.

• Love 1

why people think that the change between Oliver and Diggle is a bad thing? pehaps I lost something, but the spoilers said something bad will happen between them?

I can't find the quote, but I thought there was a spoiler out there about Diggle feeling betrayed and hurt by something Oliver did. That could be separate from whatever DR is talking about that Ra's does to the Team Arrow dynamic, but there were a couple of quotes out there that made it seem like something was going to be coming between Diggle and Oliver, at least for a little while. 

There has been spoilers about Oliver and Diggle's relationship change and there was talk of a bit of a finale diologue tease between Oliver and Diggle about not being to trust

Why are they using the LP to resurrect Thea? Why aren't they using the same method they brought Oliver back with?  Unless they are giving it to her on the plane and the LP is a fake out, so Ras thinks he has power he doesn't. -- Anyone want to help me out here? Thanks 

Ra's has to have a huge motivator to get Oliver to accept becoming Heir. So far, tempting him with power and taking away The Arrow hasn't worked.  His big card is killing Thea, and then offering to bring her back to life if Oliver will accept being his Heir.  That's why Thea has to be really dead so that only the LP, which Ra's controls, would work.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Why are they using the LP to resurrect Thea? Why aren't they using the same method they brought Oliver back with?  Unless they are giving it to her on the plane and the LP is a fake out, so Ras thinks he has power he doesn't. -- Anyone want to help me out here? Thanks 

Oliver never died, so there wasn't any need to resurrect him. 

Seems like Thea actually does die or is so far gone that she can't be healed any other way, so the LP is a last resort, so it's not a fake out.

Is it possible the angst comes from Oliver marrying Felicity in NP and Diggle being upset his friends are being manipulated into marriage. It is overdone fan fic I know butI can see Diggle arguing against a marriage between the two. Diggle is the show 's shipper. Most of the shipper fan base thinks an O/F marriage is quick. Diggle could come around after a summer of offscreen relationship growth.

I'm just gonna take heart that "irreversible" is not the same as "irrevocable", obviously nothing is truly irreversible, what is done is done, but that doesn't mean TA won't get past it eventually.

Technically, Ra's has already forced irreversible changes. Roy can't come back to Starling without screwing everything up. He's closed the window on Oliver being Arrow for the immediate future. So, I'm not sure if DR is talking about something that's already happened, or if there's more to come from Ra's for Team Arrow.

• Love 1

Perhaps Tatsu is unavailable. And unlike Oliver, she was stabbed and left to bleed out on some nice carpetting not a magical bed of snow. Perhaps they should have brought some magical snow & herbs back just in case. From a none kidding perspective, my clinical guess is that Thea is going to flatline & die or be closer to death than Oliver was. How that is possible... I give you the mantra of the season because the plot wants it so.

• Love 2

Is it possible the angst comes from Oliver marrying Felicity in NP and Diggle being upset his friends are being manipulated into marriage. It is overdone fan fic I know butI can see Diggle arguing against a marriage between the two. Diggle is the show 's shipper. Most of the shipper fan base thinks an O/F marriage is quick. Diggle could come around after a summer of offscreen relationship growth.

I don't think if there is a marriage its going to be for manipulation or part of a plan. I think it will happen because they've just decided its time to do it & why not? I mean he's already almost died twice since he met her... perhaps they just don't want to waste time. People going to war or facing serious illnesses (dont think it applies to them) get married in quick timetables all the time. Just like I know they are having sex because they want to. Ras can say whatever, but that moment was gonna happen even if Ras said nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I think their will be some masterplan to get out of LoA & defeat Ras - but I don't think marriage or sex are part of O/F/D plan. Ras talking to FS might be part of his plan, but it is independent of their lovemaking & possible marriage.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

In spite of Barrowman's tweet that he's a regular, of course he'll be back next season, I will be surprised if he is because I think they've run out of storyline for him.  The tweet

At this point, not sure Ra's is the villain fans will need to worry about in S3 finale.

could be about Malcolm ending up as the Big Bad after all.

• Love 1

Among the many problems I have had this season is that I could not buy that Malcolm believed Oliver could defeat Ra's so all of his actions with Thea and Sara made no sense to me.  If Malcolm has a master plan, that will make me feel better about at least one of the characters this season.

Same. Malcolm supposedly being so sure of Oliver's abilities that he'd turn his own daughter into a murderer just doesn't sit right with me. And we've barely seen him since he was bought back from NP. I don't know, I just feel like there's more to come from him.

Edited by Guest

So, those pictures in the Spoiler thread - Tatsu is around when Oliver (I'm guessing) comes into contact with the Bratva or maybe gets on that Russian ship?

And who is the archer in that pic, is it supposed to be Thea? If so...where's her hair?

That does not look anything like Thea. At all. Is it supposed to be her?!

Not sure who it's supposed to be. Like tarotx pointed out - it seems like it's old. Can't figure out why it's supposed to be a spoiler, that's why I asked if it was supposed to be Thea, haha.

Edited by apinknightmare

Not sure who it's supposed to be. Like tarotx pointed out - it seems like it's old. Can't figure out why it's supposed to be a spoiler, that's why I asked if it was Thea, haha.

I put the source. the date is the last year, is strange.

Edited by Morena

That Archer sorta looks the most like Barry/GG out of all the possible cast options. Although why would he be an archer? Unless it has something to do with Meta or time travel.

Could be a new actor/stunt person in a new role. Thats probably most likely. He could be the one that really shot Sara. Since I still can't shake this feeling that Thea was not responsible for the death, but was used as fall guy to manipulate OQ either by Malcom or Ras.

Edited by kismet

this would be a game-change would I like to see happen

I'm not sure who that pic of the archer is supposed to be - it's not Thea or Roy (CH, at least.) Could be CH's stunt double. Maybe Akio's not dead and took up archery? Conner Hawke? 

Also, the thing about Ra's being fatherly to Oliver is hilarious. Every creepster assassin thinks of you as a son, Oliver, maybe it's time to rethink your lifestyle?

Seriously. We've had Slade, Waller, Merlyn, and Ra's. Maybe it's Oliver's pheromones.

I'm thinking Ra's Ollie Ghul might be the villain they have to worry about for the remainder of season 3.

Again, as others have mentioned, he can't stay evil long. Evil guys don't go help their friends in other cities fight time traveling master villains. They grab some popcorn and settle in for a good show.

I hate hate hate that they can't write to the strengths of the show. Let me revise that - they won't write to the show's strengths. 

Ra's has to have a huge motivator to get Oliver to accept becoming Heir. So far, tempting him with power and taking away The Arrow hasn't worked.  His big card is killing Thea, and then offering to bring her back to life if Oliver will accept being his Heir.  That's why Thea has to be really dead so that only the LP, which Ra's controls, would work.

Are we ever going to get a reason for Ra's fixation on Oliver? He's just not that into you, dude. This ridiculous insistence that he take over the LOA makes no sense for a guy who's lived this long and been so successful being a bad guy. Even the prophecy is dumb. Oliver survived because Ra's didn't give him a fatal wound and one of the LOA betrayed his order by getting his ex to nurse Oliver back to health. He should've given a flesh wound to Batman and seen where that took him. This is just a massively convoluted plan to make a dude work for you who's not interested. And if Malcolm is behind all this as well, that's even more dumb. 

Look, Show, I want to work with you, but you've got to give me something that makes sense. Anything. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 6

OHH maybe Thea and Oliver both turn evil! That actually might be kind of fun. Maybe that's a by-product of using the LP. That the person that puts you in it, also goes darkside...which might explain why Malcolm went darkside.  Maybe he tried to put Rebecca in the LP and failed and then he went cray cray. Maybe he tried again with Tommy and succeeded and Zombie! Tommy will come out of the Ghul Cave along with Crazy Thea

And then we end up what the Merlyn family 2.0 Crazy Town with Foster Son Ra's Ollie Ghul, Thea al Ghul, and Zombie!Tommy al Ghul and Malcolm Merlyn all on the same side...which might have been Malcolm's long game...to rebuild his family .....in a horrible way.

Honestly, I would watch that show, I mean an Evil family of extremely good looking people doing bad things across the globe should be TV gold. Plus have you seen recent photos of Colin Donnell looking uber hot with his beard? I want to see him every week on my TV screen.

tumblr_nmjq4m9is11rr9ucho2_1280.jpg

• Love 6